[webgen-users] rdiscount

Sven

Sep 11, 2008, 10:53:48 PM9/11/08
to webgen...@rubyforge.org
I cannot get webgen 5.4 to work because rdiscount does not install.

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

ruby extconf.rb install rdiscount
checking for random()... no
checking for srandom()... no
checking for funopen()... no
checking for fopencookie()... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--without-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=d:/ruby/bin/ruby
--with-rdiscount-dir
--without-rdiscount-dir
--with-rdiscount-include
--without-rdiscount-include=${rdiscount-dir}/include
--with-rdiscount-lib
--without-rdiscount-lib=${rdiscount-dir}/lib
extconf.rb:11: No funopen or fopencookie support available.
(RuntimeError)

Gem files will remain installed in d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/
rdiscount-1.2.9
Results logged to d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rdiscount-1.2.9/ext/
gem_make.out

I also do not the development option on the Windows version of gem
install, so I used a force to install 5.4 which worked but when
running webgen it fails because the rdiscount dependancy is not
available.

Suggestions or ideas?

Sven

Sep 11, 2008, 10:53:09 PM9/11/08
to webgen...@rubyforge.org

Sven

Sep 11, 2008, 10:56:22 PM9/11/08
to webgen...@rubyforge.org
Forgot to post the error when I try to run webgen.

d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:304:in
`report_activate_error': Could not find RubyGem rdiscount (>= 1.2.9)
(Gem::
LoadError)
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:238:in
`activate'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:264:in
`activate'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:263:in `each'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:263:in
`activate'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:76:in
`active_gem_with_options'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:50:in `gem'
from d:/ruby/bin/webgen:15

Thomas Leitner

Sep 12, 2008, 5:37:50 AM9/12/08
to webgen...@rubyforge.org
Am Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:53:48 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Sven <sven.w...@gmail.com>:

> I cannot get webgen 5.4 to work because rdiscount does not install.

> <SNIP>

> I also do not the development option on the Windows version of gem
> install, so I used a force to install 5.4 which worked but when
> running webgen it fails because the rdiscount dependancy is not
> available.

You can install webgen via the .zip/.tar.gz bundles for the time being.
Just download them and then run rake install. That should do the trick.

-- Thomas

Thomas Leitner

Sep 12, 2008, 6:06:18 AM9/12/08
to webgen...@rubyforge.org
Am Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:37:50 +0200
schrieb Thomas Leitner <t_le...@gmx.at>:

> Am Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:53:48 -0700 (PDT)
> schrieb Sven <sven.w...@gmail.com>:
>
> > I cannot get webgen 5.4 to work because rdiscount does not install.
> > <SNIP>
> > I also do not the development option on the Windows version of gem
> > install, so I used a force to install 5.4 which worked but when
> > running webgen it fails because the rdiscount dependancy is not
> > available.
>
> You can install webgen via the .zip/.tar.gz bundles for the time
> being. Just download them and then run rake install. That should do
> the trick.

Or you can update your rubgems installation to the current development
version since the devel version of Rubygems has the bug with the
dependencies already fixed.

Sven

Sep 13, 2008, 11:02:29 AM9/13/08
to webgen...@rubyforge.org
Thomas,

I updated rubygems, thanks for pointing that out! The install of
webgen with the --development still did not work, I proceeded with
option 2 to install the zip version which worked like a charm.

Sven