CommonLinkRelations

elf Pavlik

Dec 14, 2011, 8:27:32 AM12/14/11
to webfinger, Kingsley Idehen
Hi,

Just looked again at:
https://code.google.com/p/webfinger/wiki/CommonLinkRelations

And Kingsley's post here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/webfinger/y6efh-HOk-8/_jvFhq4w9d4J

mentioning for example:
rel="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs"

and linking to his profile with more relations:
http://kingsley.idehen.net/c/B6H2W

including:
rel="salmon"

as in: https://salmon-protocol.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/draft-panzer-salmon-00.html#SMLR

How about doing little brainstorm on other commonly used relations and updating this wiki page?
=)
~ elf Pavlik ~

--
(living strictly moneyless already for over 2 years)
http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper

Peter Saint-Andre

Dec 14, 2011, 12:23:11 PM12/14/11
to webf...@googlegroups.com, elf Pavlik, Kingsley Idehen
On 12/14/11 6:27 AM, elf Pavlik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just looked again at:
> https://code.google.com/p/webfinger/wiki/CommonLinkRelations

<snip/>

> How about doing little brainstorm on other commonly used relations and updating this wiki page?

How about using the IANA registry established by RFC 5988?

http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/

(That registry is being actively updated, 4 more relations will be added
soon, and it's fairly easy to add new ones. If it's not easy enough, we
can make further process simplifications.)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

elf Pavlik

Dec 14, 2011, 6:34:00 PM12/14/11
to Peter Saint-Andre, webfinger
Excerpts from Peter Saint-Andre's message of 2011-12-14 17:23:11 +0000:
great! thanks for link (maybe it should also go on wiki in webfinger or maybe even in the spec...?

and what about common 'Extension Relation Types'

do we also have some common reference?

elf Pavlik

Dec 14, 2011, 6:50:08 PM12/14/11
to Peter Saint-Andre, webfinger, Kingsley Idehen
Excerpts from Peter Saint-Andre's message of 2011-12-14 17:23:11 +0000:
> On 12/14/11 6:27 AM, elf Pavlik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just looked again at:
> > https://code.google.com/p/webfinger/wiki/CommonLinkRelations
>
> <snip/>
>
> > How about doing little brainstorm on other commonly used relations and updating this wiki page?
>
> How about using the IANA registry established by RFC 5988?
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/

to stay precise, i would like to specify my:
XMPP (jid), FOAF profile, vCard, PSYC (id) ...

as well as possibly indirectly
* languages which i understand/speak
* preference on calendars (ex. dreamspell over gregorian)
* food habits (vegan/vegetarian)

but with those i guess we could use some existing vocabularies from realm of Linked Data...

thanks!

Peter Saint-Andre

Dec 14, 2011, 7:00:08 PM12/14/11
to elf Pavlik, webfinger, Kingsley Idehen
On 12/14/11 4:50 PM, elf Pavlik wrote:
> Excerpts from Peter Saint-Andre's message of 2011-12-14 17:23:11 +0000:
>> On 12/14/11 6:27 AM, elf Pavlik wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just looked again at:
>>> https://code.google.com/p/webfinger/wiki/CommonLinkRelations
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>> How about doing little brainstorm on other commonly used relations and updating this wiki page?
>>
>> How about using the IANA registry established by RFC 5988?
>>
>> http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/
>
> to stay precise, i would like to specify my:
> XMPP (jid), FOAF profile, vCard, PSYC (id) ...
>
> as well as possibly indirectly
> * languages which i understand/speak
> * preference on calendars (ex. dreamspell over gregorian)
> * food habits (vegan/vegetarian)

Isn't that vCard? http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6350

It's extensible via XML, see http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6351

Naturally, you might prefer JSON or some other representation, but we
could define those, too.