Infrastructure for building the project

Tiberius

Oct 28, 2010, 1:38:37 AM10/28/10
to Watu Afrika
This discussion is about the infrastructure of communication/
collaboration/coordination for the community which is building the
Project.
See the page associated with this discussion here:
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/our-infrastructure
The Discussion about the infrastructures on which the actual
development is deployed is called "Development Infrastructure"

t!b!

Nov 1, 2010, 4:55:29 PM11/1/10
to Watu Afrika
The role of big social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) within our
infrastructure of communication, collaboration and coordination.
I guess is it not entirely necessary to integrate LinkedIn with our
infrastructure. Or at least this is how I see it at this moment. We
can keep LinkedIn and SICU INNOVATION as brainstorming open rooms.
Our
platform of communication collaboration and coordination is just for
active members. We use it to organize our work, to get things done.
In
my head, these big social media sites are like our interface with the
entire world, where we maintain discussions about our activities,
filter interesting and interested people towards our collaboration
infrastructure, get fresh ideas, define ideas, broadcast information
about our activities, etc. There will be redundancy, which is not bad
at all, and can even be reduced if we are diligent, to make
everything
more simple. I see us performing synthesis on those broad discussions
going on in big social media to feed our more specialized and
targeted
discussions on our FORUM, and to feed our BLOG. Big social media will
remain chaotic, it cannot be otherwise because there is too much
participation and you get populated, a lot of noise. But as you go
towards the center, towards our infrastructure used by the active
group, everything becomes more organized, more clear, more targeted,
etc.
The way I see us using this is that if you have a vague idea about
something, you launch it on big social media, LinkedIn, Facebook,
etc., and wait for reactions. With time people are going to respond
your original and unclear idea, and retrogressively you are going to
see more clear. This is when you can produce a BLOG post, which is a
synthesis of the unorganized discussion, you can start a new project,
you can change the direction of a project, etc, etc. OR, if you need
participation for some project you broadcast your needs hoping
someone
will respond. Ian, you are a great connector. I see you a lot on
social media, but also on our infrastructure to coordinate the work.
You may have other ideas about how we can use all these parts of the
entire system.

t!b!

Nov 1, 2010, 4:56:32 PM11/1/10
to Watu Afrika
I will make a short video to show the functionality of our
infrastructure at this particular stage of its development. It will
probably take a few days. If you have ideas please send them to me.

t!b!

Nov 4, 2010, 12:49:27 PM11/4/10
to Watu Afrika
I created a "New member" page, containing steps to take for the new
member, and for the core team to integrate the new member into our
infrastructure.
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/new-member
Please take a look and contribute to this page.

t!b!

Nov 5, 2010, 3:33:12 PM11/5/10
to Watu Afrika
We did some major restructuring of the layout of our site.
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME
The Database was also organized, new folders were created. Click on
the following link and go to Documents:
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/database

Please give us feedback.

On Nov 4, 12:49 pm, "t!b!" <tiberius.brastavice...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I created a "New member" page, containing steps to take for the new
> member, and for the core team to integrate the new member into our
> infrastructure.https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/new-member

t!b!

Nov 27, 2010, 7:17:05 PM11/27/10
to Watu Afrika
The first video about the infrastructure, architecture and how to use
it is out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzNXeWXoNB8

See it also on the Infrastructure page here
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastructure

The other videos will come shortly...

On Nov 5, 2:33 pm, "t!b!" <tiberius.brastavice...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We did some major restructuring of the layout of our site.https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME

t!b!

Nov 28, 2010, 6:55:20 PM11/28/10
to Watu Afrika
Second Video Out
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastructure#TOC-Going-deeper-into-the-infrastructur

Another general video I made for Multitude Project was also added on
this page.
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastructure#TOC-An-infrastructure-of-collaboration-

Please give me feedback, tell me if I should emphasize more on other
subjects.

ATTENTION: The scope of these videos is to provide a general idea, an
overview. Every one of these modules have their own HELP, which goes
into details. You have help for the site, the blog, to forum, etc.
Virtually any problem you have is addressed on these HELP forums. It
takes some time to get acquainted, but once it's done, your
effectiveness as a collaborator increases dramatically. All these
tools are made for NON-professionals, there is no html coding needed
for most of the things you want to do/implement. If after you've
searched the help for something you are still not satisfied contact
us, and we may be able to help you.

On Nov 27, 7:17 pm, "t!b!" <tiberius.brastavice...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The first video about the infrastructure, architecture and how to use
> it is outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzNXeWXoNB8
>
> See it also on the Infrastructure page herehttps://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastructure

t!b!

Nov 28, 2010, 10:16:53 PM11/28/10
to Watu Afrika
Video on Content Management Tools was added.
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastructure#TOC-Content-management-tools

Please get familiar with these tools by using their help.
It is advisable to have a Google account, which gives you access to
all these tools.

On Nov 28, 6:55 pm, "t!b!" <tiberius.brastavice...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Second Video Outhttps://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastruct...
>
> Another general video I made for Multitude Project was also added on
> this page.https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastruct...

t!b!

Nov 29, 2010, 12:42:11 AM11/29/10
to Watu Afrika
The 4-th and last video was added: Centralize your data.

On Nov 28, 10:16 pm, "t!b!" <tiberius.brastavice...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Video on Content Management Tools was added.https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastruct...

t!b!

Nov 29, 2010, 7:19:57 PM11/29/10
to Watu Afrika
I made some changes to the home page. I harmonized the links to
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
I also made more visible the Blog and Forum buttons.

Kate, I think people will use the BLOG and Forum buttons a lot, and I
think it's better to have them standing close to the HOME button,
easily accessible.

On Nov 29, 12:42 am, "t!b!" <tiberius.brastavice...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The 4-th and last video was added: Centralize your data.https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/members/our-infrastructure

t!b!

Nov 29, 2010, 7:36:14 PM11/29/10
to Watu Afrika
A Watu Afrika Contact us form was created.
https://spreadsheets2.google.com/ccc?key=tbZdO90jEYOvn-MFJzKTTwg#gid=0

see it on our website here
https://sites.google.com/site/watuafrika/HOME/about/contact-us

Please subscribe to the changes of this document, so you get
automatically notified whenever someone contacts us.
To set up your notifications open the document in Google Docs, go to
the upper right corner of the document where it says "Share", and
click on the down-pointing arrow. On the menu chose "Set notifications
rules".

Remember, that you can also set notifications rules for our website,
so if someone changes a page you would like to patrol you will get
immediately notified.

Thanks all !

t!b!

Dec 26, 2010, 11:55:57 PM12/26/10
to watu-...@googlegroups.com
The shared Bookmarks list was updated.

Please share your important links with the rest of the group.

t!b!

Mar 20, 2011, 12:04:01 AM3/20/11
to watu-...@googlegroups.com
The Forum is now accessible from the Working space
You need to be signed in to your Google account in order to access our mailing list and to send messages.

Our working space is becoming a virtual office, from which you can follow projects, stay on track with tasks, send messages, set the agenda, etc.