are you sure you want to navigate from this page.

Ramu Gadde

Dec 9, 2010, 7:26:33 AM12/9/10
to Watir General
Hi All,
Can any one help to handle this message are you sure you want to
navigate from this page. in IE 6 using ruby and watir. I tried in
different ways. so please give me your valuable suggestion and
solutions.

Thanks in advance.....

Regards,
Ramu

Željko Filipin

Dec 9, 2010, 8:39:53 AM12/9/10
to watir-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Ramu Gadde <ramu....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can any one help to handle this message are you sure you want to
> navigate from this page.

Did you read this?

http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Pop+Ups
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/JavaScript+Pop+Ups

> I tried in
> different ways. so please give me your valuable suggestion and
> solutions.

What have you tried? Show us the code.

Željko
--
watir.com - community manager
watirpodcast.com - host

Basim Baassiri

Dec 9, 2010, 9:03:33 AM12/9/10
to watir-...@googlegroups.com
Are you able to disable some of the security settings in IE?

Darryl Brown

Dec 11, 2010, 8:56:00 AM12/11/10
to Watir General
Hello Basim,

The dialogue that contains "Are you sure you want to navigate from
this page" is commonly known as a popup. They can readily be handled
in Watir. Just read the links provided by Željko. Give them a try. If
it doesn't work, post what you tried.

Regards,
Darryl

On Dec 9, 9:03 am, Basim Baassiri <ba...@baassiri.ca> wrote:
> Are you able to disable some of the security settings in IE?
>
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Ramu Gadde <ramu.ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Can any one help to handle this message are you sure you want to
> > navigate from this page. in IE 6 using ruby and watir. I tried in
> > different ways. so please give me your valuable suggestion and
> > solutions.
>
> > Thanks in advance.....
>
> > Regards,
> > Ramu
>
> > --
> > Before posting, please readhttp://watir.com/support. In short: search
> > watir-genera...@googlegroups.com<http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general%0Awatir-general+unsubscr...>

Ramu Gadde

Dec 14, 2010, 1:36:42 AM12/14/10
to watir-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Darry for the reply....
I have tried all the posible options which are given in the links.....but no luck.....i have facing the same problem......

i am using  the following.
IE 6.0
Watir 1.6.5

Please let me know if you have any other solution.....

Regards,
Ramu

--
Regards,
Ramu.

Chuck van der Linden

Dec 14, 2010, 3:24:24 AM12/14/10
to Watir General
>> in IE 6...

Why in the world would you test using IE6?

Seriously in the developed world, the percentage of folks still using
IE6 is lower than even Opera. It's a miniscule portion of any
potential market for just about any product except freeware.

(yes there are a lot of people still using IE6, but nearly all of them
appear to be in east asia (China and surrounding countries) running
pirated versions of XP (which don't get windows update) (see the
analysis of the numbers here: http://www.troyhunt.com/2010/08/aye-pirates-be-reason-ie6-just-wont-die.html
)

Nearly all legitimate XP users, who get windows updates, have upgraded
to IE7 or IE8 since those were pushed out via winodws update. Or
they've manually downloaded firefox, chrome, etc.

So unless people in China or nearby contries, running pirated
software, are a large portion of your market segment, I'd not bother
testing on IE6, or wasting any developer's time with a bug that is
unique to IE6 (and can't be reproduced on a different browser). Move
those test boxes up to IE7!

Ramu Gadde

Dec 14, 2010, 9:23:58 AM12/14/10
to watir-...@googlegroups.com
Thaks for the info......

we are developing applications which works on Bronze to Gold browser. we have fix for this....but we need a fix using watir.

Let me know if you have any solutions which work in IE 6.0 or lower versions.

Regards,
Ramu

--
Regards,