Do we have Ruby Gem that works with FLASH components

sashikanth meduri

Dec 19, 2008, 9:48:10 AM12/19/08
to watir-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

My application has got a login module developed in FLASH and embedded
in HTML. Do we have any Ruby Gem that we can use to identify the
flash components. I know that there is FunFx gem which deals with
Flex components which does not work.

LMK if you need more info.

Thanks
Sashi

sai

Dec 22, 2008, 1:26:46 PM12/22/08
to Watir General
Check out flash-watir in http://code.google.com/p/flash-watir.

Regards,
Sai

Sashi

Dec 22, 2008, 2:16:37 PM12/22/08
to Watir General
Hi Sai,

I've gone through the flash_watir stuff..but i think it currently
supports firefox right? and i think you are currently working on
developing the scrpt for IE. Pls correct me if iam wrong.

Thanks
Sashi

On Dec 22, 11:26 pm, sai <saidesertrose2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Check out flash-watir inhttp://code.google.com/p/flash-watir.
> >Sashi- Hide quoted text -

sai

Dec 22, 2008, 11:46:27 PM12/22/08
to Watir General
Yup. As of now it supports firefox. I am working on the IE part of it
now. But if you really want to test flash components in IE there is
flash-selenium. It is in the same Google Code.

Regards,
Sai

kiran

Dec 26, 2008, 12:16:58 AM12/26/08
to Watir General
How to test flash components with flash selenium?
i am getting the following eror when i tested colors code in googel
page with fa=lash-selenium.

SeleniumCommandError: ERROR: Threw an exception:
'window.document.clickcolors' is null or not an object

sai

Dec 26, 2008, 11:38:58 PM12/26/08
to Watir General
If you are using IE, there there is a problem in flash. Both flash-
selenium and flash-watir use ExternalInterface available in
ActionScript to communicate with flash.
But in IE we are facing a problem where a javascript error is thrown
during the initialization. You can see this by enabling script
debugging and asking IE to notify you on a javascript error.
Once we get this error we are not able to use the ExternalInterface at
all.

This is a problem with flash and IE and not with flash-watir or flash-
selenium. MYself and Paulo (Author of flash-selenium) are looking into
this problem.

Regards,
Sai

sai

Dec 26, 2008, 11:48:49 PM12/26/08
to Watir General
Also if anyone knows flash and can let us know why this is happening
it would be great...

Regards,
Sai

kiran

Jan 7, 2009, 5:24:02 AM1/7/09
to Watir General
I am using firefox with the url http://www.geocities.com/paulocaroli/flash/colors.html
to test flash
But i am getting the follwing error

SeleniumCommandError: ERROR: Threw an exception:
window.document.clickcolors has no properties
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/selenium.rb:164:in `do_command'
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:56:in `timeout'
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:76:in `timeout'
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/selenium.rb:148:in `do_command'
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/selenium.rb:172:in `get_string'
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/selenium.rb:936:in `get_eval'
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/FlashSelenium.rb:43:in `call'
D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/FlashSelenium.rb:54:in
`percent_loaded'
Colors.rb:34:in `test_new'
please help me in this regard.

sai

Jan 8, 2009, 5:30:05 AM1/8/09
to Watir General
Can you please log this in FlashSelenium as this is Watir forum? I am
working with that dev and if you need I can check with him but I am
not sure we should take this up here.

Regards,
Sai

On Jan 7, 3:24 pm, kiran <gki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using firefox with the urlhttp://www.geocities.com/paulocaroli/flash/colors.html

kiran

Jan 13, 2009, 12:41:28 AM1/13/09
to Watir General
can u please tell me why this error is coming?