JavaServer Faces (JSF) with Eclipse - Tutorial

SKMANNA

Oct 26, 2009, 11:38:49 AM10/26/09
to vogella
Hi Lars,

I love your various Eclipse tutorials. I am trying to learn JSF
through your tutorials. I installed the latest version of Eclipse and
WTP and trying to follow your tutorial titled "JavaServer Faces (JSF)
with Eclipse - Tutorial". I stumbled in the Section 3.4. Configure
Eclipse (http://www.vogella.de/articles/JavaServerFaces/
article.html#installation_config).
When I select Window -> Preferences -> Web -> JavaServer Faces Tools,
I do not see libraries anywhere. All I can see is

JavaServer Faces Tools
Expand the tree to edit preferences for a specific feature.

Am I missing something. Any suggestion to fix this problem will be
highly appreciated.
THanks,
Shantanu

vogella

Oct 27, 2009, 1:30:38 AM10/27/09
to vogella
Hi,

did you do the following?

Select Windows -> Preferences Open Web -> JavaServer Faces Tools and
select libraries. Press new, give it the name "Apache MyFaces" and add
the libraries myfaces-api.jar and myfaces-impl.jar to it.

Best regards, Lars

Lars Vogel

Oct 28, 2009, 6:05:34 AM10/28/09
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just learned that the libarary setup for JSF has changed in Eclipse
3.5. My tutorial is unfortunately still based on Eclipse 3.4. I'll try
to update them during the next week.

Best regards, Lars

2009/10/28 Lars Vogel <lars....@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I just learned that the libarary setup for JSF has changed in Eclipse
> 3.5. My tutorial is unfortunately still based on Eclipse 3.4. I'll try
> to update them during the next week.
>
> Best regards, Lars
>

> 2009/10/28 Lars Vogel <lars....@googlemail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the setup of the JSF libs is described more in detail in the JSF
>> starter tutorial:
>> http://www.vogella.de/articles/JavaServerFaces/article.html
>>
>> Perhaps this helps?
>>
>> Best regards, Lars
>>
>> 2009/10/27 SKMANNA <shantan...@hotmail.com>:
>>> Hi Lars,
>>> Thanks for quick reply. My problem is when I do

>>> Windows -> Preferences Open Web -> JavaServer Faces Tools
>>>

>>> I can not see any option for Library.  What do you mean by 'select
>>> library'?
>>> I am using Eclipse 3.5 (Galelio). I wanted to send you a screenshot of
>>> my view, but do not know how to attach image in google groups.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Shantanu

>> --
>> Lars
>> http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming
>> http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter
>>

> --
> Lars
> http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming
> http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter

--
Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter

Shantanu Manna

Oct 28, 2009, 10:50:37 PM10/28/09
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lars,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Looking forward to your update to tutorial based on Eclipse 3.5.

Best Regards,

Shantanu Manna

> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:05:34 +0100
> Subject: Re: JavaServer Faces (JSF) with Eclipse - Tutorial
> From: lars....@googlemail.com
> To: vog...@googlegroups.com

Lars Vogel

Nov 21, 2009, 1:38:57 AM11/21/09
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shantanu,

I updated the JavaServer Faces tutorial to Eclipse 3.5:
http://www.vogella.de/articles/JavaServerFaces/article.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards, Lars