RT11 V02C-02 Basic and Fortran...

Wolfgang

Sep 16, 2010, 2:40:42 PM9/16/10
Hi Folks,

today I compiled a nice Package with RT11 V02C-02 and Basic in an
early Version. It's available for SIMH Usage via
http://blog.eichberger.org/RT11-V02C-w_basic.zip or 5ewl.blogspot.com.
What I am searching for is an extremely early Version of Fortran which
I could Include in my installation. Maybe anyone of you could provide
a hint where I could find one. Waded through bitsavers but these
versions available there seem to be late. If anyone's interested,
please feel free to use the disk-image yourself.

By the way: Is there any business-software package left for any PDP-11
Operating System? A package with Invoicing, Stock-Keeping etc. would
be really nice...

Regards,
Wolfgang

glen herrmannsfeldt

Sep 16, 2010, 6:55:00 PM9/16/10
Wolfgang <oe5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> today I compiled a nice Package with RT11 V02C-02 and Basic
(snip)

> What I am searching for is an extremely early Version of Fortran which
> I could Include in my installation. Maybe anyone of you could provide
> a hint where I could find one. Waded through bitsavers but these
> versions available there seem to be late. If anyone's interested,
> please feel free to use the disk-image yourself.

V02C sounds familiar. I believe that is the version I was
using many years ago, before upgraded to 5.0.

Though I don't remember knowing any differences in Fortran,
we needed 5.0 for Kermit. Previous to 5.0 there was no software
support for terminals other than the console. It might be that
programs could write to the hardware directly, but kermit-11
didn't do that.

I might even have some disks, but the system used the AED disk
controller which, as well as I understand it, used IBM format
double density (that is, MFM) instead of the strange DEC double
density format.

I do have an 8 inch floppy drive, but not the right cables to
connect it up to anything.

I also have an RL-01 disk with some RT-11 stuff on it, but
no way to read it.

-- glen