I hope Vim can implement u flag in :s_flags

chris

Sep 10, 2012, 10:24:29 PM9/10/12
to Vim-dev-G
I hope Vim can implement this feature:
A "u" flag in :s_flags to "undo" in interactive substitution process.

There is a log said about this:
http://of-vim-and-vigor.blogspot.com/2012/04/undo-continue-confirmed-substitution.html
In this article, there is a method to undo, it is stop current substitution
process, then undo it, then recall substitution.
But I think it is not good enough. Vim can do it better.

An interactive "u" flag like `:s_flags` will be more simple, (undo is need when
we use `/c` flag, because we will make mistake sometimes).
This interactive "u" flag will make Vim no need to stop current substitution
process. This is cool right ?

--
[ stardiviner ] ^^&^^ {I hate all of you ! Leave me alone}
IRC(freenode): stardiviner \\ Twitter: @numbchild \\