FeedFlare - any way of accessing Recipient Name and Email Address?

1 view

nickpelling

Jun 30, 2009, 5:26:37 AM6/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Upgrades, Wishlists, Enhancements
Hi everyone,

For my FeedBurner email subscribers, I've added a simple FeedFlare to
jump direct to the comments section of the WordPress blog post via "$
(link)#respond", which is cool. However, I'd really like to
automatically fill out the comment form's email and name fields (via a
tiny bit of website JavaScript glue): but I can't see any way of doing
this.

Can a FeedFlare access the recipient's name and email address? Has
this been requested at all? I can only see $(link), $(title), $
(feedUrl).

Ultimately, I want to construct a link like this (assuming all spaces
are %20's etc)...

$(link)#respond?email=$(email)&name=$(name)

...and then have my website's JavaScript populate the email and name
comment fields and pass focus to the main comment text field, so that
email subscribers can leave a comment immediately. Is that too much to
ask for? :-o

Cheers, ....Nick Pelling.... // http://www.ciphermysteries.com/