Unlocking a P990i?

XXY

Jan 24, 2007, 12:19:02 PM1/24/07
Hi all,

Anyone know if there is anyone out there unlocking the P990i at the
moment? It is locked to Orange UK and I know they can do it but I am
impatient and would love to find a quicker way than registering a PAYG
and requesting an unlock code (approx 2 weeks in total).

I am expecting that the answer will be "not yet" because even the
Davinci team aren't doing it yet but just in case....

Thanks in advance,

XXY

Tariq

Jan 25, 2007, 2:09:41 AM1/25/07

On Jan 24, 5:19 pm, XXY <x...@yy.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if there is anyone out there unlocking the P990i at the
> moment? It is locked to Orange UK and I know they can do it but I am
> impatient and would love to find a quicker way than registering a PAYG
> and requesting an unlock code (approx 2 weeks in total).

http://www.kingmobilephone.com/ - £25 for P990

Tariq

Jan 25, 2007, 5:54:23 AM1/25/07
I have met the guy at KMP personally and he is *very* professional,
helpful and his prices are decent.
If you call and leave a phone message, also send an email
(sa...@kingmobilephone.com) as that will help in your request. All
details on his website.
He has helped me and numerous friends when I take their mobiles to him.
Hope this helps!

carr...@hotmail.com

Jan 25, 2007, 6:14:01 AM1/25/07

On 25 Jan, 11:54, "©®" <n...@kidsnews.au.org> wrote:
> >http://www.kingmobilephone.com/- £25 for P990I have met the guy at KMP personally and he is *very* professional,

> helpful and his prices are decent.
> If you call and leave a phone message, also send an email

> (s...@kingmobilephone.com) as that will help in your request. All

> details on his website.
> He has helped me and numerous friends when I take their mobiles to him.
> Hope this helps!

To CR and Tariq, thank you both for your help on this. I will contact
Kingmobilephones as suggested but my concerns are that the site refers
only to Vodafone unlocking and my phone is on Orange. The other thing
is that I am in Brussels so I cant easily get to the store in London.
If he has a remote unlocking solution, then we have lift off!

Regards,

XXY

Tariq

Jan 25, 2007, 4:41:05 PM1/25/07

On Jan 25, 10:54 am, "©®" <n...@kidsnews.au.org> wrote:

> I have met the guy at KMP personally and he is *very* professional,
> helpful and his prices are decent.
> If you call and leave a phone message, also send an email

> (s...@kingmobilephone.com) as that will help in your request. All

> details on his website.
> He has helped me and numerous friends when I take their mobiles to him.
> Hope this helps!

Yep, Ben is a top guy - very reliable and highly recommended.

Tariq

XXY

Jan 25, 2007, 4:48:26 PM1/25/07
In article <1169761265.9...@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,
xyc...@yahoo.com says...
So by way of update, I spoke with Ben by e-mail. Yes they can unlock the
P990i from Orange UK but the phone has to be there physically - no
remote unlock. So it wont work for me because I am in Brussels but for
anyone in the area, I would say that I was impressed by the speed and
professionalism of the responses I received.