message alert tone on nokia6300

Bob H

Feb 24, 2008, 8:26:27 PM2/24/08
How can I change the message alet tone on my Nokia 6300?
I have looked in the manual and there doesn't seem to be anything there
for changing the alert tone. I have also been to menu/settings/tones and
al I can get is the ringing alert tone, I don't see how I can change to
message alert tone.

Anybody?

Thanks

James Lewis

Feb 24, 2008, 1:01:16 PM2/24/08

Most nokia's have it under Menu > Settings > Tones > Message Alert
Tone
The message alert tone option is not beneath the call alert tone; its
a few options down...

Whiskers

Feb 24, 2008, 12:47:21 PM2/24/08

On mine, in the Settings interface with the panel under the label "Message
alert tone:" highlighted, I can press the big square button and then
select 'ringing tone - Open Gallery - Tones - Alert Tones' and have eleven
to choose from - or I could select 'Tone Downloads' instead of 'Open
Gallery' or 'Memory Card' instead of 'Tones' if I thought I'd find what I
wanted that way. When the name of your choice is is displayed in the
'Message alert tone' panel, scroll down and select 'Save'.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Bob H

Feb 24, 2008, 11:09:29 PM2/24/08
Yes I guess they do, but on mine its menu/settings/tones then all I have
is 'Incoming call alert' with no option to change that to message alert.
I can change the ringtone from there, but thats all.

Thanks anyway

Bob H

Feb 24, 2008, 11:15:21 PM2/24/08

On mine from Settings I don't have 'Message Alert Tone'
I have Profiles, Themes, Tones, Display, Time and Date, My Shortcuts,
Connectivity, Call, Phone, Enhancements, Configuration, Security, and
restore factory settings.

I have just(yesterday) downloaded and installed the latest software, so
I have a different screen now from Menu> Instead of a list I get icons.

Thanks

James Lewis

Feb 24, 2008, 4:13:10 PM2/24/08
> Thanks- Hide quoted text -

There is definitly an option to change the message alert tone. Its on
Menu, Settings, Tones

On that menu there will be in order: Incoming call alert, Ringing
tone, Volume, Incoming call video, Vibrate, 3 PTT Options and then
Message alert tone which by default is set on "standard"

Bob H

Feb 25, 2008, 1:42:43 AM2/25/08

Got it now, thanks.
I didn't scroll down far enough when in Tone Settings!

Whiskers

Feb 24, 2008, 5:40:15 PM2/24/08
On 2008-02-25, Bob H <b...@despammer.com> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:
>> On 2008-02-25, Bob H <b...@despammer.com> wrote:
>>> How can I change the message alet tone on my Nokia 6300?
>>> I have looked in the manual and there doesn't seem to be anything there
>>> for changing the alert tone. I have also been to menu/settings/tones and
>>> al I can get is the ringing alert tone, I don't see how I can change to
>>> message alert tone.
>>>
>>> Anybody?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> On mine, in the Settings interface with the panel under the label "Message
>> alert tone:" highlighted, I can press the big square button and then
>> select 'ringing tone - Open Gallery - Tones - Alert Tones' and have eleven
>> to choose from - or I could select 'Tone Downloads' instead of 'Open
>> Gallery' or 'Memory Card' instead of 'Tones' if I thought I'd find what I
>> wanted that way. When the name of your choice is is displayed in the
>> 'Message alert tone' panel, scroll down and select 'Save'.
>>

> On mine from Settings I don't have 'Message Alert Tone'
> I have Profiles, Themes, Tones, Display, Time and Date, My Shortcuts,
> Connectivity, Call, Phone, Enhancements, Configuration, Security, and
> restore factory settings.

Select 'Tones' and you get lots of tone settings to play with. 'Message
alert tone' is well down the list.

> I have just(yesterday) downloaded and installed the latest software, so
> I have a different screen now from Menu> Instead of a list I get icons.

I think that's configurable. Try pressing 'Options' from the main menu
screen; I get two options when I do that - 'Main menu view' and
'Organise'. The first of those offers four alternative 'views' of which
'List' is the ... ummm ... list ... .