Good result but lets not get carried away....

Trebor Dude

Oct 15, 2000, 8:31:21 PM10/15/00
We were playing Derby and we stuffed like we should have, but remember it
was just shite old Derby who have been leaking goals all season.

We should be able to carry the confidence gained in this game on to Leicster
who have been brought down to earth with a thud, bit like Sunderlands early
form last season.

Good to see that Heskey knows that ball thingy is supposed to go in the net
between those post bizzos. What a difference players like McAllister and
Berger make in the midfield, we seemed to have so many more ideas.

Robbie will go from strength to strength with every game but hes still
lacking the predators instinct in front of goal.

I'd also feel happier with: Song Babel Hyypia Zeige as a
back line.

Cheers

Tre....

Martin Scott

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Trebor Dude wrote in message ...

>We were playing Derby and we stuffed like we should have, but remember it
>was just shite old Derby who have been leaking goals all season.

...but to take something positive from even that, we kept a clean sheet
against the 2nd highest scorers in the league.

>We should be able to carry the confidence gained in this game on to
Leicster
>who have been brought down to earth with a thud, bit like Sunderlands early
>form last season.

Absolutely

>Good to see that Heskey knows that ball thingy is supposed to go in the net
>between those post bizzos. What a difference players like McAllister and
>Berger make in the midfield, we seemed to have so many more ideas.

Let's hope Heskey can remember that in the games that are coming up. Macca
adds a bit of intelligence to the midfield and those around him feed off
that. I agree also that Berger had a good game.

>Robbie will go from strength to strength with every game but hes still
>lacking the predators instinct in front of goal.

Rusty was a word that was used a lot and I do agree to some extent. He does
need to prove himself now. For too long he's been earmarked as the most
natural goalscorer in the country without actually showing it. Although his
finishing prowess was not on display, he still played some good stuff such
as the ball out to Barmby which led to Heskey's 3rd. I think he's suffering
a bit from lack of personal belief what with injuries, lack of form for a
couple of years and all. It was very encouraging to see GH with his arm
around Robbie up until he got him on the pitch. It appears he's getting as
much support from GH as all the others.

>I'd also feel happier with: Song Babel Hyypia Zeige as a
>back line.

Agreed, although the RB slot is pick any one from 4 ! But at the moment
with Heggem out I think Carra may be preferred starter. I strongly agree
with Babbel and Hyypia in the centre, Henchoz needs a long spell on the
bench to reflect on recent performances.

Lets carry it on to dick over Leicester, again a good time to play them and
then build up some big confidence for the local derby and *really* mark out
our intentions for the months to come.

Later

Martin

Ralph