Should scouting be banned in Britland?

Michael Garner-Superlative

Dec 26, 2005, 3:52:41 PM12/26/05
The atrocities of the attack on the World Trade Centre, and the
subsequent illegal invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq by the
axis-of-evil of Bush, Blair and Windsor bring home to all of us
the nastiness of violence; violence that we should not rear our
children to expect as normal.

In the light of these atrocities, encouraging children of any
ages to belong to quasi-martial uniformed organisations is
undesirable in the extreme, and the motivations of adults who
try to recruit into such organisations must be called into
question.

Scouting has its origins and purpose founded very much
in a military cause, and therefore is the time right for
scouting to be banned in Britland, followed by an
international ban?

Ewan Scott

Dec 26, 2005, 4:25:41 PM12/26/05

"Michael Garner-Superlative" <radi...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message

You, sir, are a complete twat.

Ewan Scott

Ed Unsworth

Dec 26, 2005, 5:38:43 PM12/26/05

"Ewan Scott" <ewan...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> You, sir, are a complete twat.
>
> Ewan Scott

This is the person you are dealing with
http://archive.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/2005/3/10/91923.html he is worse than a
Jehovah's Witness on speed, known to the police, which says it all.. Please
report him to his isp, the more the merrier...crossposts and inflicts his
venom on many groups.

contact him here...
GARETH A. EVANS
13 HARDENS CLOSE
CHIPPENHAM WILTSHIRE
SN153AA
01249 651 897

The Font Of All Knowledge And Wisdom

Dec 27, 2005, 2:51:33 AM12/27/05
I wonder why it is, that having raised the spectre
of infantiley-maladjusted adults who should not
be associated in any way with childrens' organisations
because their rather silly and childish outbursts form
such a bad example, that they are now pouring out
of the woodwork?

Ons can only hope that those of you who contribute
in this way in this NG are not real scouters.

Ewan Scott

Dec 27, 2005, 12:42:18 PM12/27/05

"The Font Of All Knowledge And Wisdom" <aiyr....@lycos.co.uk> wrote in
message news:1135669893.3...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
I would guess that most of us here know not who you and your "friends" are,
nor do we care much either. Whilst we are used to robust logical debate we
are not accustomed to such utter codswallop being cast in our direction.

<quote>The atrocities of the attack on the World Trade Centre, and the

subsequent illegal invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq by the
axis-of-evil of Bush, Blair and Windsor bring home to all of us
the nastiness of violence; violence that we should not rear our
children to expect as normal.

<unquote>

To this point we probably have no difficulties in agreeing with you, as we
are members of a peace loving movement.

<quote>In the light of these atrocities, encouraging children of any

ages to belong to quasi-martial uniformed organisations is
undesirable in the extreme, and the motivations of adults who
try to recruit into such organisations must be called into
question.

<unquote>

This is where the codswallop begins. To call Scouting in any Group I have
come across as quasi-martial is ill informed and crass at best. However, I
suspect that, in light of the closing paragraph...

<quote>Scouting has its origins and purpose founded very much

in a military cause, and therefore is the time right for
scouting to be banned in Britland, followed by an

international ban? <unquote>

... that we are dealing with some deranged lunatic at best, at worst a twat.

Scouting was mooted as an idea, along with many others at the time, as a way
of taking young adults, male and female, out of the state of ill health,
ill, education and poor citizenship and developing them to create a better
society, little or nothing to do with the military.

I suppose that the banning of Scouts, Guides, Boy's Brgade, Girls Brigade
and other such organisations and those born out of them, we would replace
them with "professionally" run youth clubs "managed" by staff who have
absolutely no idea of how to work with young people outside their demarcated
box.

Now, please go away. All of you.

Ewan Scott

JamesDean

Dec 27, 2005, 1:36:41 PM12/27/05
Where is this "Britland"?

Message has been deleted

The Font Of All Knowledge And Wisdom

Dec 29, 2005, 12:01:19 AM12/29/05
Once again an adult, who for some reason best known to himself
wishes to associate with children, makes a public display more
associated with children than with adults.

This is disgraceful. How you can claim to be taking children
out of, "ill, education and poor citizenship " and yet displaying
the very traits of, "ill, education and poor citizenship " by your
gratuitous childish insults is beyond me.

Surely the way for adults to lead children is to show them
adult behaviour and not attempt to ingratiate with those children
by using their childish behaviour?

No wonder the socially-maladjusted behaviour of the youth of
today when those (adults?) who would lead them set so
bad an example?

Is such bad behaviour endemic in the boy scouts' management?

Ewan Scott wrote:
> I would guess that most of us here know not who you and your "friends" are,
> nor do we care much either. Whilst we are used to robust logical debate we
> are not accustomed to such utter codswallop being cast in our direction.

> To this point we probably have no difficulties in agreeing with you, as we
> are members of a peace loving movement.

> This is where the codswallop begins. To call Scouting in any Group I have
> come across as quasi-martial is ill informed and crass at best. However, I
> suspect that, in light of the closing paragraph...

The Font Of All Knowledge And Wisdom

Dec 29, 2005, 12:03:09 AM12/29/05
It is just to the south of Pictland and just to
the east of Celtland.

No republican worth his salt refers to these
islands as the plaything of the masturbation that
is the British monarchy.

JamesDean wrote:
> Where is this "Britland"?

Ewan Scott

Dec 29, 2005, 3:26:51 AM12/29/05

"The Font Of All Knowledge And Wisdom" <radi...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in
message news:1135832479....@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> Once again an adult, who for some reason best known to himself
> wishes to associate with children, makes a public display more
> associated with children than with adults.

The gratuiitous and ill-founded insults made by yourself are such that
youdeserve some rebuke, just as a nasty, naughty , maladjusted child needs
to be, although there are some in society today who think that the response
is to let them have their way.

> This is disgraceful. How you can claim to be taking children
> out of, "ill, education and poor citizenship " and yet displaying
> the very traits of, "ill, education and poor citizenship " by your
> gratuitous childish insults is beyond me.

There is no childishj insult. You appear to be deranged.

> Surely the way for adults to lead children is to show them
> adult behaviour and not attempt to ingratiate with those children
> by using their childish behaviour?

There is a belief in some Scouting circles that we ought to turn the other
cheek to idiotic acusations such as yours. That by ignoring you the
accusations go away. Others believe that we should make a robust defence. if
you wish to argue the case against the war in Iraq and our nation's
pandering to America, I'd happily discuss it with you. if you wish to discus
the relevance of the royal family, I'd happily discuss it with you,there is
merit in discussing those points. However, when you make crass, unfounded,
inaccurate, gratuitous and offensive remarks about people I care about and a
movement I believe has a great deal to offer Society, I will tell you
concisely what I think of you.

> No wonder the socially-maladjusted behaviour of the youth of
> today when those (adults?) who would lead them set so
> bad an example?

I'd like you to offer evidence that what we do is the cause of such socially
maladjusted youth?

I could counter by showing that of the 100 something young people that are
directly involved in my Group - not one of them has become involved in any
form of criminal or anti-social behaviour whilst involved in or after
leaving the Group. I can also show that several who have been on the edge of
society have become good, decent human beings.

The contrary can be said about many who have not been involved - I do not ,
however make the claim that all those not involved in Scouting will become
maladjusted and anti social. That would be just as crass and idiotic as the
accusations you make against us.

> Is such bad behaviour endemic in the boy scouts' management?

Is taking a stand against bullying behaviour endemic? I sincerely hope so. I
would hope that every Scout of any age has the backbone to stand up in the
face of accusations such as you make and rebutt them.

However, I don't exepct any decent, considered debate from yourself. I have
taken the liberty of finding out a little about you, and from your postings
elsewhere I find that you are just as offensive anywhere else that you post
and I have no wish to perpetuate any corresponence with you and will not
respond to any more of your idiotic postings.

By the way, the Picts were virtually exterminated and the vestiges of their
domain, for what they were, lie somewhere East of a line drawn between
Inverness and Perth. The majority of the Scotland can trace their ancestry
culture and history, largely to Celtic Roots, mainly from Ireland.

Enough though.

Ewan Scott

Orator For Decency

Dec 29, 2005, 5:19:52 AM12/29/05
Once again an adult, who for some reason best known to himself
wishes to associate with children, makes a public display more
associated with children than with adults.

I have made no "ill-founded insults". I have not made "crass,

unfounded, inaccurate, gratuitous and offensive remarks

about people"; I have merely responded in defence to rather silly
and infantile outbursts from those who boast of association
with the boy scouts, and have asked questions arising therefrom.
At to "crass, unfounded, inaccurate, gratuitous and offensive
remarks about people", your very comment itself seems to
be self-referential - are you exhibiting Freudian Projection?

The evidence of what you do is innate - children learn the
example of how to behave from their influencing adults. When
those adults - such as you do below - resort to rather silly
and infantile outbursts with the deliberate intention of
causing offence, then the children will follow you. Shame
on you! You really ought to know better!

This is disgraceful. How you can claim to be taking children
out of, "ill, education and poor citizenship " and yet displaying
the very traits of, "ill, education and poor citizenship " by your
gratuitous childish insults is beyond me.

Surely the way for adults to lead children is to show them

adult behaviour and not attempt to ingratiate with those children
by using their childish behaviour?

No wonder the socially-maladjusted behaviour of the youth of

today when those (adults?) who would lead them set so
bad an example?

And the example you show below is even worse -that of cowardice -
shouting your insults and then running away.

Ewan Scott wrote:
> The gratuiitous and ill-founded insults made by yourself are such that
> youdeserve some rebuke, just as a nasty, naughty , maladjusted child needs
> to be, although there are some in society today who think that the response
> is to let them have their way.
>

> There is no childishj insult. You appear to be deranged.
>

> There is a belief in some Scouting circles that we ought to turn the other
> cheek to idiotic acusations such as yours. That by ignoring you the
> accusations go away. Others believe that we should make a robust defence. if
> you wish to argue the case against the war in Iraq and our nation's
> pandering to America, I'd happily discuss it with you. if you wish to discus
> the relevance of the royal family, I'd happily discuss it with you,there is
> merit in discussing those points. However, when you make crass, unfounded,
> inaccurate, gratuitous and offensive remarks about people I care about and a
> movement I believe has a great deal to offer Society, I will tell you
> concisely what I think of you.
>

> I'd like you to offer evidence that what we do is the cause of such socially
> maladjusted youth?
>
> I could counter by showing that of the 100 something young people that are
> directly involved in my Group - not one of them has become involved in any
> form of criminal or anti-social behaviour whilst involved in or after
> leaving the Group. I can also show that several who have been on the edge of
> society have become good, decent human beings.
>
> The contrary can be said about many who have not been involved - I do not ,
> however make the claim that all those not involved in Scouting will become
> maladjusted and anti social. That would be just as crass and idiotic as the
> accusations you make against us.

Bill Neobard

Dec 29, 2005, 6:50:39 AM12/29/05
On 29 Dec 2005 02:19:52 -0800, "Orator For Decency"
<aiyr....@lycos.co.uk> wrote:

>Once again an adult, who for some reason best known to himself
>wishes to associate with children, makes a public display more
>associated with children than with adults.

Splendid stuff! Your ability to cast aspersions must be legendary to
all your friends. I am sure you can even manage to disparage a doctor
as "one who for some reason best known to himself wishes to touch
bodies" .

>I have made no "ill-founded insults". I have not made "crass,
>unfounded, inaccurate, gratuitous and offensive remarks
>about people"; I have merely responded in defence to rather silly
>and infantile outbursts from those who boast of association
>with the boy scouts

Sorry to say that you have been misled. None of us boasts, nor has
boasted, of being associated with boy scouts.

>At to "crass, unfounded, inaccurate, gratuitous and offensive
>remarks about people", your very comment itself seems to
>be self-referential - are you exhibiting Freudian Projection?
>

>The evidence of what you do is innate.

To be pedantic, something innate cannot be learned. Evidence cannot be
innate-it may be patent, but never innate.

- children learn the
>example of how to behave from their influencing adults. When
>those adults - such as you do below - resort to rather silly
>and infantile outbursts with the deliberate intention of
>causing offence, then the children will follow you. Shame
>on you! You really ought to know better!

Why, pray? We, unlike you, are only human.

>This is disgraceful. How you can claim to be taking children
>out of, "ill, education and poor citizenship "

I am afraid you have been misled again. No scout ledaer claims to take
children out of ill or education.

and yet displaying
>the very traits of, "ill, education and poor citizenship " by your
>gratuitous childish insults is beyond me.

>Surely the way for adults to lead children is to show them
>adult behaviour and not attempt to ingratiate with those children
>by using their childish behaviour?

>No wonder the socially-maladjusted behaviour of the youth of
>today when those (adults?) who would lead them set so
>bad an example?
>
>And the example you show below is even worse -that of cowardice -
>shouting your insults and then running away.

Amazing that a company director such as yourself should have the time
to become involved in this.

Perhaps you are able to justify the cowardice of hiding behind
pseudonyms and untraceable email addresses to yourself, but I think
many of the rest of us draw our own conclusions.

EL84

Dec 29, 2005, 7:26:23 AM12/29/05

"Bill Neobard" <eight...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

contact him here...

Orator For Decency

Dec 30, 2005, 4:02:02 PM12/30/05
There is no cowardice in using a peusonym to protect
one's family - after a number of malicious and distressful
letters were sent to my family - a matter in which the
local ploddery were involved - I resorted to the use of
pseudonyms. Unfortunately, there are those of a malicious
bent who do their best to deny my family protection by revealing
all.

I do not use an untraceable email address. If you have the necessary
court order, then you have all the necessary information in
my Usenet postings to trace me.

Indeed, if you do have the necessary court order, then you can
also trace me via my email address.

Really Bill, if you are so desperate to score the sort of childish
point that brings adults associated with the boy scouts and the
girl scouts into disrepute, you really ought to get your facts correct.

huLLy

Dec 30, 2005, 4:08:38 PM12/30/05
Orator For Decency wrote:
> There is no cowardice in using a peusonym to protect
> one's family - after a number of malicious and distressful
> letters were sent to my family - a matter in which the
> local ploddery were involved - I resorted to the use of
> pseudonyms. Unfortunately, there are those of a malicious
> bent who do their best to deny my family protection by revealing
> all.

He means:

'Please run a night hike where the loudest incident base is outside 13
Hardens Close, Chippenham and I will furnish you with tea and biscuits all
night because I have been so horrible to you. I'm truely sorry, please
forgive me. It's the meths, you know.'

--
huLLy
Tel: 07976 123278

Bill Neobard

Dec 30, 2005, 5:36:53 PM12/30/05

I have trouble with it myself, so I know how he feels.
So when we're out and about we know where to go?