Video of taxi trying to ram Critical Mass.

Doug

Aug 3, 2009, 2:00:21 AM8/3/09
Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
weapon to intimidate cyclists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk

Brimstone

Aug 3, 2009, 3:45:40 AM8/3/09
Doug wrote:
> Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
> weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA

So where was this vehicle being used to intimidate Doug? I saw lots of
evidence of cyclists deliberately obstructing the highway rather than
processing.

As always, your evidence condemns you and your fellows considerably more
than it does anyone else.

Tony Dragon

Aug 3, 2009, 4:11:34 AM8/3/09

What a good video of some cyclists breaking the law by cycling on the
wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic, very dangerous.

--

Tony Dragon

Doug

Aug 3, 2009, 5:00:17 AM8/3/09
On 3 Aug, 09:11, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> > Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
> > weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA
>

> What a good video of some cyclists breaking the law by cycling on the
> wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic, very dangerous.

I thought you lot tried to make out you didn't approve of ramming
under any circumstances but the first chance you get you choose to
blame the victims, again! Typical!

Brimstone

Aug 3, 2009, 5:21:05 AM8/3/09
Doug wrote:
> On 3 Aug, 09:11, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>>> Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
>>> weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA
>>

>> What a good video of some cyclists breaking the law by cycling on the
>> wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic, very dangerous.
>>
> I thought you lot tried to make out you didn't approve of ramming
> under any circumstances but the first chance you get you choose to
> blame the victims, again! Typical!

Who are the victims in the video Doug? Give us the time at which the
sequence commences.

Brimstone

Aug 3, 2009, 5:22:36 AM8/3/09

No response Doug?

Tony Dragon

Aug 3, 2009, 5:54:11 AM8/3/09

Give me the time stamp of the alleged ramming please.

As usual you tell us you don't approve of traffic laws being broken, but
when it's pointed out to you, you ignore it typical

--

Tony Dragon

Roger Merriman

Aug 3, 2009, 6:09:15 AM8/3/09
Tony Dragon <tony....@btinternet.com> wrote:

there is bit at the very end, though the video doesn't show any thing ie
you can see stopped bikes and a taxi, and you can hear voices but as to
what happened your none the wiser.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Judith M Smith

Aug 3, 2009, 6:40:47 AM8/3/09
On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 23:00:21 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

>Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
>weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA

What a bunch of tossers.

Please remind as what right they have to:

ignore keep left signs

ignore traffic lights.

deliberately block traffic at green at traffic lights so that others
may break the law.

--

Vote NO to the proposed group uk.rec.cycling.moderated aka uk.rec.cycling.censored

Doug

Aug 3, 2009, 7:44:01 AM8/3/09
This is not the first time I have had totally blind and deaf people
from a NG watching a video. How very, very convenient for them. Or
maybe you have a piss-poor PC?

spindrift

Aug 3, 2009, 8:05:49 AM8/3/09
> Critical Mass Londonhttp://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk

> "Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist".

I can't see any ramming there. That's 5 minutes of my life you owe me.

Tony Dragon

Aug 3, 2009, 8:09:27 AM8/3/09

What a reasonably prompt answer.
Pity it did not answer the questions
1 What was the timestamp of the ramming?
2 At 0.26 why had they just stopped?
3 At 3.08 why were they riding on the wrong side of keep left signs
against oncoming traffic?
4 At 3.47 why were they riding against traffic?
5 At 4.43 why were they riding against traffic?

--

Tony Dragon

Mr Benn

Aug 3, 2009, 8:26:27 AM8/3/09

"Doug" <jag...@riseup.net> wrote in message

> Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
> weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA

After watching that I am quite shocked. I am surprised that there were no
fights.

Roger Merriman

Aug 3, 2009, 9:40:19 AM8/3/09
spindrift <newt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

the taxi is bloody close, and certinaly there is something up, but the
what who's doing what is frankly impossible to say.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Mike P

Aug 3, 2009, 10:52:50 AM8/3/09
On 3 Aug, 07:00, Doug <jag...@riseup.net> wrote:
> Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
> weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA

No ramming there. Taxi wheels didn't even make 1/3 of a turn if that's
what you are on about. Why didn't the fat bastard in front of the taxi
get out the way? There was nothing stopping him, he was just being an
arsehole.

Why are they riding against the traffic on the wrong side of the road?

The CM participants who behave in such a manner are just sad, sad
losers. I am aware not all CMers do and I am not saying they are sad
sad losers, but some clearly are.

Mike P

Tony Dragon

Aug 3, 2009, 11:18:44 AM8/3/09

No answer Doug?

--

Tony Dragon

Ian

Aug 3, 2009, 12:21:49 PM8/3/09

"Doug" <jag...@riseup.net> wrote in message

Saw many examples of "cyclists" causing obstruction, ignoring traffic signs,
generally having NO regard whatsoever for other road users. Just a typical
day for cyclists, crammed into a few minutes filming.

The "poet" was crap, too.... and why edit a bit out?

Pretty poor filming, as well....

Doug

Aug 4, 2009, 1:33:55 AM8/4/09
On 3 Aug, 09:11, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> > Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
> > weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA
>

> What a good video of some cyclists breaking the law by cycling on the
> wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic, very dangerous.

Depending on road markings and space available, riding or driving on
the wrong side of the road is called 'overtaking'.

"Whose streets? Our streets".

Doug

Aug 4, 2009, 1:36:06 AM8/4/09

Tony Dragon

Aug 4, 2009, 2:59:19 AM8/4/09

A quote or two from that article-
"cyclists brazenly blocked vehicles and crowded out pedestrians"
"smaller groups approached junctions without proper regard for the
traffic code."
"a cyclist was briefly placed in handcuffs "

--

Tony Dragon

Mike P

Aug 4, 2009, 3:28:21 AM8/4/09
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 22:33:55 -0700, Doug mumbled:

> On 3 Aug, 09:11, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>> > Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
>> > weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>>
>> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA
>>

>> What a good video of some cyclists breaking the law by cycling on the
>> wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic, very dangerous.
>>
> Depending on road markings and space available, riding or driving on the
> wrong side of the road is called 'overtaking'.

The standard practice on a normal road is to wait until the opposite side
is empty, not just to ride down it and hope everyone gets out your way,
like these cretins are doing.

hth

Mike P

Tony Dragon

Aug 4, 2009, 3:33:31 AM8/4/09

Not when it is passing the wrong side of keep left signs, but you know that.

--

Tony Dragon

Brimstone

Aug 4, 2009, 3:38:53 AM8/4/09

No Doug, lots of evidence of cyclist deliberately obstructing people going
about their lawful business.

As always, you produce evidence which condemns those on CM who wish to cause
problems for others.

The result is that you've blown your own foot off, again.

Brimstone

Aug 4, 2009, 3:40:03 AM8/4/09
Doug wrote:
> On 3 Aug, 09:11, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>>> Just one example of many where a vehicle is deliberately used as a
>>> weapon to intimidate cyclists.
>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bgbOBU0hA
>>

>> What a good video of some cyclists breaking the law by cycling on the
>> wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic, very dangerous.
>>
> Depending on road markings and space available, riding or driving on
> the wrong side of the road is called 'overtaking'.

What's it called when one or more cyclists stop a vehicle turning into a
side road Doug?

Brimstone

Aug 4, 2009, 3:49:05 AM8/4/09

Still no response Doug?

Paul Weaver

Aug 4, 2009, 6:39:57 AM8/4/09
On 4 Aug, 08:28, Mike P <priv...@privacy.net> wrote:
> The standard practice on a normal road is to wait until the opposite side
> is empty, not just to ride down it and hope everyone gets out your way,
> like these cretins are doing.

But that doesn't apply to
* cars overtaking cyclists
* cars overtaking lorries
* cars overtaking cars

Overtaking is fine as long as it's safe, and there's plenty of room
(factoring in relative speeds etc)

However passing to the right of a keep left sign at 30mph+, causing an
approaching vehicle to slam the brakes on? According to TFL that's
also fine when their criminal bus drivers do it, but YMMV.

Doug

Aug 4, 2009, 7:12:07 AM8/4/09
> >http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Critical-Mass-Cycling-London...

> A  quote or two from that article-
> "cyclists brazenly blocked vehicles and crowded out pedestrians"
> "smaller groups approached junctions without proper regard for the
> traffic code."
> "a cyclist was briefly placed in handcuffs "

What that source clearly demonstrates is that the police don't take
the ramming of a cyclist at all seriously, unless its one of their own
of course, and once again they blame the vulnerable victim. As I keep
on pointing out, this inbuilt bias against cyclists and peds in favour
of drivers on our roads is rampant at all levels due to the dominence
of the car culture

Roger Merriman

Aug 4, 2009, 7:13:48 AM8/4/09
Doug <jag...@riseup.net> wrote:

> On 3 Aug, 14:40, N...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman) wrote:
> > spindrift <newty...@hotmail.com> wrote:

yet more snips

> > > I can't see any ramming there. That's 5 minutes of my life you owe me.
> >
> > the taxi is bloody close, and certinaly there is something up, but the
> > what who's doing what is frankly impossible to say.
> >
> More evidence of ramming from a hostile source.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Critical-Mass-Cycling-London-Bi
ke-Riders-Brought-Traffic-To-A-Standstill/Article/200908115352260?lpos=U
K_News_Top_Stories_Header_4&lid=ARTICLE_15352260_Critical_Mass_Cycling%3
A_London_Bike_Riders_Brought_Traffic_To_A_Standstill

there is bugger all attauly we have is the chatting we doesn't see whats
happend only the words afterwords.

> --
> Critical Mass London
> http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
> "Whose streets? Our streets".

you do know that steets are no ones, shared they are.

I don't feel forced out when on foot or bike, or car etc...

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Aard

Aug 4, 2009, 7:22:30 AM8/4/09
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:12:07 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

>On 4 Aug, 07:59, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:

*Or* it shows that the police, quite rightly, think that if CM riders
are deliberately provoking others then they deserve all they get.

Ace

Aug 4, 2009, 7:31:39 AM8/4/09
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:13:48 +0100, NE...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
wrote:

>there is bugger all attauly we have is the chatting we doesn't see whats
>happend only the words afterwords.

And in English?

Doug

Aug 4, 2009, 7:36:22 AM8/4/09
So you agree then that the police turn a blind eye to ramming, under
certain circumstances, and the use of a car as a weapon? I wonder why
this doesn't apply though to other sorts of weapons, which their use
is usually regarded as completely unjustifiable despite provocation?

Brimstone

Aug 4, 2009, 7:58:10 AM8/4/09

You seem to be confusing, as always, who it was doing the provoking. The
police handcuffed the provocateur, sadly they released him.

Brimstone

Aug 4, 2009, 7:58:49 AM8/4/09

Yup, all the chatting in the video clip seemed to be in English.

Aard

Aug 4, 2009, 8:29:26 AM8/4/09
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:36:22 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

Hmmm, yeah, seems so. Great, innit?

>I wonder why
>this doesn't apply though to other sorts of weapons, which their use
>is usually regarded as completely unjustifiable despite provocation?

Ah, that'll be because the 'victims' of, say, gun crime rarely go
round to the owner of a gun, grab the barrel and shove it in their
mouths, and then abuse the owner and ask him to blow their fucking
heads off. Victims of burglary don't drive round to sink estates (like
the shithole you live in, Doug) and hand out their house keys to
random yobs along with a map of the house location and an inventory of
resaleable goods. Because either of those two circumstances would turn
an 'innocent victim' into an 'intentional provocatuer'.
When CM twats decide they are more important than everyone else, and
'cork' (for which read illegally impede) other road users who they
think are less worthy, I condemn the motorist for running them over.
Getting out of the car and throwing the impeder over a wall, on the
other hand, I thoroughly applaud, and that applies _regardless_ of the
mode of transport of the 'corkee' - car, bus, pedestrian, whatever. If
CM don't like being beaten the living shit out of, don't piss off
other people. Fairly simple idea, even for a braindead cretin like
you.

Tony Dragon

Aug 4, 2009, 12:10:28 PM8/4/09

What that shows is what it shows.
No comments on the quotes I provided?

--

Tony Dragon

Tony Dragon

Aug 4, 2009, 12:11:36 PM8/4/09

No comments about the obviously angry cyclist that the police had to
handcuff?

--

Tony Dragon

Message has been deleted

Doug

Aug 4, 2009, 12:39:33 PM8/4/09
On 4 Aug, 17:17, Phil W Lee <phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk> wrote:
> "Brimstone" <brimstone520-n...@yahoo.co.uk> considered Tue, 4 Aug 2009
> The police probably realised the futility of taking action which would
> be construed as contempt of the supreme court.
> This does not excuse their bullying of the cyclist into not persuing
> an assault charge against the taxi driving thug though.

Agreed. A clear case of police blackmail. I never cease to be amazed
at what they are prepared to get away with on camera.

Another way of looking at it is, which would be the most hassle for
the police, threatening to arrest the taxi driver with his powerful
union or a lone and detested cyclist?

Aard

Aug 4, 2009, 12:58:06 PM8/4/09
On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:17:17 +0100, Phil W Lee
<phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk> wrote:

>"Brimstone" <brimston...@yahoo.co.uk> considered Tue, 4 Aug 2009

>12:58:10 +0100 the perfect time to write:
>

>The police probably realised the futility of taking action which would
>be construed as contempt of the supreme court.
>This does not excuse their bullying of the cyclist into not persuing
>an assault charge against the taxi driving thug though.

You're thicker than I previously took you for. And trust me on this
one, that's quite an achievement considering how little esteem I
previously held you in :)

John Clayton

Aug 4, 2009, 6:22:38 PM8/4/09

"Aard" <aard...@the.zoo> wrote in message

> Ah, that'll be because the 'victims' of, say, gun crime rarely go
> round to the owner of a gun, grab the barrel and shove it in their
> mouths, and then abuse the owner and ask him to blow their fucking
> heads off. Victims of burglary don't drive round to sink estates (like
> the shithole you live in, Doug) and hand out their house keys to
> random yobs along with a map of the house location and an inventory of
> resaleable goods. Because either of those two circumstances would turn
> an 'innocent victim' into an 'intentional provocatuer'.
> When CM twats decide they are more important than everyone else, and
> 'cork' (for which read illegally impede) other road users who they
> think are less worthy, I condemn the motorist for running them over.
> Getting out of the car and throwing the impeder over a wall, on the
> other hand, I thoroughly applaud, and that applies _regardless_ of the
> mode of transport of the 'corkee' - car, bus, pedestrian, whatever. If
> CM don't like being beaten the living shit out of, don't piss off
> other people. Fairly simple idea, even for a braindead cretin like
> you.

Listen, you fool, this is (didn't you realise) a cycling list.
Please tell me why you're confronting perfectly good, reasonable people with
your utterly horrible assumptions like "Doug's shithole" or "braindead
cretin" (both above) .
Please just go away you horrible clown.
John

Aard

Aug 4, 2009, 6:39:35 PM8/4/09
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:22:38 +0100, "John Clayton"
<ossettm...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"Aard" <aard...@the.zoo> wrote in message
>
>> Ah, that'll be because the 'victims' of, say, gun crime rarely go
>> round to the owner of a gun, grab the barrel and shove it in their
>> mouths, and then abuse the owner and ask him to blow their fucking
>> heads off. Victims of burglary don't drive round to sink estates (like
>> the shithole you live in, Doug) and hand out their house keys to
>> random yobs along with a map of the house location and an inventory of
>> resaleable goods. Because either of those two circumstances would turn
>> an 'innocent victim' into an 'intentional provocatuer'.
>> When CM twats decide they are more important than everyone else, and
>> 'cork' (for which read illegally impede) other road users who they
>> think are less worthy, I condemn the motorist for running them over.
>> Getting out of the car and throwing the impeder over a wall, on the
>> other hand, I thoroughly applaud, and that applies _regardless_ of the
>> mode of transport of the 'corkee' - car, bus, pedestrian, whatever. If
>> CM don't like being beaten the living shit out of, don't piss off
>> other people. Fairly simple idea, even for a braindead cretin like
>> you.
>
>Listen,

No. Make me.

>you fool,

Given the cack you go on to say, I'll take that as a compliment.

> this is (didn't you realise) a cycling list.

It is? Wow. Hey, I never knew!

>Please tell me why you're confronting perfectly good, reasonable people

Sorry, did you _really_ suggest Doug is a "perfectly good normal
person"? LOL even the more rabid clowns here think Doug is off the
wall - only today a urc reg reckoned Doug represented nobody nearer
than the planet Zog!

> with
>your utterly horrible assumptions like "Doug's shithole" or "braindead
>cretin" (both above) .
>Please just go away you horrible clown.
>John

Ummmm, you're either a _really_ bad troll, or just downright dense.

JNugent

Aug 4, 2009, 8:23:20 PM8/4/09
John Clayton wrote:

> "Aard" <aard...@the.zoo> wrote:

>> Ah, that'll be because the 'victims' of, say, gun crime rarely go
>> round to the owner of a gun, grab the barrel and shove it in their
>> mouths, and then abuse the owner and ask him to blow their fucking
>> heads off. Victims of burglary don't drive round to sink estates (like
>> the shithole you live in, Doug) and hand out their house keys to
>> random yobs along with a map of the house location and an inventory of
>> resaleable goods. Because either of those two circumstances would turn
>> an 'innocent victim' into an 'intentional provocatuer'.
>> When CM twats decide they are more important than everyone else, and
>> 'cork' (for which read illegally impede) other road users who they
>> think are less worthy, I condemn the motorist for running them over.
>> Getting out of the car and throwing the impeder over a wall, on the
>> other hand, I thoroughly applaud, and that applies _regardless_ of the
>> mode of transport of the 'corkee' - car, bus, pedestrian, whatever. If
>> CM don't like being beaten the living shit out of, don't piss off
>> other people. Fairly simple idea, even for a braindead cretin like
>> you.

> Listen, you fool, this is (didn't you realise) a cycling list.

Does that mean everyone reading and posting here is obliged to approve of
illegal obstruction?

> Please tell me why you're confronting perfectly good, reasonable people with
> your utterly horrible assumptions like "Doug's shithole" or "braindead
> cretin" (both above) .
> Please just go away you horrible clown.

Listen to yourself; and reflect.

Message has been deleted

Doug

Aug 5, 2009, 2:03:42 AM8/5/09
On 5 Aug, 01:23, JNugent <J...@noparticularplacetogo.com> wrote:
> John Clayton wrote:

> > "Aard" <aardv...@the.zoo> wrote:
> >> Ah, that'll be because the 'victims' of, say, gun crime rarely go
> >> round to the owner of a gun, grab the barrel and shove it in their
> >> mouths, and then abuse the owner and ask him to blow their fucking
> >> heads off. Victims of burglary don't drive round to sink estates (like
> >> the shithole you live in, Doug) and hand out their house keys to
> >> random yobs along with a map of the house location and an inventory of
> >> resaleable goods. Because either of those two circumstances would turn
> >> an 'innocent victim' into an 'intentional provocatuer'.
> >> When CM twats decide they are more important than everyone else, and
> >> 'cork' (for which read illegally impede) other road users who they
> >> think are less worthy, I condemn the motorist for running them over.
> >> Getting out of the car and throwing the impeder over a wall, on the
> >> other hand, I thoroughly applaud, and that applies _regardless_ of the
> >> mode of transport of the 'corkee' - car, bus, pedestrian, whatever. If
> >> CM don't like being beaten the living shit out of, don't piss off
> >> other people. Fairly simple idea, even for a braindead cretin like
> >> you.
> > Listen, you fool, this is (didn't you realise) a cycling list.
>
> Does that mean everyone reading and posting here is obliged to approve of
> illegal obstruction?

No but instead they should not use it as an excuse for the use of a
car as a dangerous weapon.

> > Please tell me why you're confronting perfectly good, reasonable people with
> > your utterly horrible assumptions like "Doug's shithole" or "braindead
> > cretin" (both above) .
> > Please just go away you horrible clown.
>
> Listen to yourself; and reflect.

Pot kettle.

Tony Dragon

Aug 5, 2009, 3:19:32 AM8/5/09
Phil W Lee wrote:
> "John Clayton" <ossettm...@blueyonder.co.uk> considered Tue, 4
> I look forward to hearing on the news when Aard gets held up by a
> local regiment exercising their right to parade through the streets.
>
> It should be quite spectacular.

I think you will find that they give notice.

--

Tony Dragon

Doug

Aug 5, 2009, 11:38:54 AM8/5/09
On 5 Aug, 08:19, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Phil W Lee wrote:
> > "John Clayton" <ossettmouldi...@blueyonder.co.uk> considered Tue, 4

> > Aug 2009 23:22:38 +0100 the perfect time to write:
>
> >> "Aard" <aardv...@the.zoo> wrote in message
Only if they are not customarily held but CM is.

Judith M Smith

Aug 5, 2009, 12:18:11 PM8/5/09
On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:58:06 +0100, Aard <aard...@the.zoo> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:17:17 +0100, Phil W Lee
><phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk> wrote:

<snip>

>You're thicker than I previously took you for. And trust me on this
>one, that's quite an achievement considering how little esteem I
>previously held you in :)

You are not alone.

May I refer you to my post of:

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 04:39:48 +0100

In replying to Anchor Lee, I said:

"No wonder people have described you as thick."

--
Show your non-acceptance of Ian Jackson as the proposed chief moderator of URCM and the use of his chiark system.
Vote against the formation of the group.

Tony Dragon

Aug 5, 2009, 12:35:38 PM8/5/09

Thank you with agreeing with my point.

--

Tony Dragon

Message has been deleted

Tony Dragon

Aug 5, 2009, 6:22:28 PM8/5/09
Phil W Lee wrote:
> Doug <jag...@riseup.net> considered Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:38:54 -0700
> That's an irrelevance, since both are legally held processions.
>
> So when are we going to be treated to the spectacle of Aard, Brimstone
> and co. trying to mow down the changing of the guard?
>
> That is another customarily held procession, which is not routinely
> marshalled by police.

Last time I saw 'the changing of the guard' the police were there.

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/82/74882-004-655F19B3.jpg
notice the policeman on the horse at the front.

again see
http://teachers.greenville.k12.sc.us/sites/rcook/2007%20Ireland/Changing%20of%20the%20Guard%20at%20Buckingham%20Palace.JPG

--

Tony Dragon

Aard

Aug 5, 2009, 6:36:08 PM8/5/09

Don't bother, it's another strawman argument from someone who's fast
becoming urc's resident nutter. The changing of the guard is an
officially sanctioned event, and the guards don't randomly block
junctions _without_ the assistance of the police, and most importantly
of all, the ceremony is _not_ designed with the sole intent of
deliberately and systematically preventing other people going about
their lawful business.

Tony Dragon

Aug 6, 2009, 2:45:21 AM8/6/09

Are you trying to tell me that the departing 'Old Guard' do not march to
Westminster Bridge, stop in the middle of the road & raise their
instruments in the air.
(cue usual comments)

--

Tony Dragon

Doug

Aug 6, 2009, 3:04:22 AM8/6/09
On 5 Aug, 23:36, Aard <aardv...@the.zoo> wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 23:22:28 +0100, Tony Dragon
>

> <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >Phil W Lee wrote:
> >> Doug <jag...@riseup.net> considered Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:38:54 -0700
> >> (PDT) the perfect time to write:

> >> That's an irrelevance, since both are legally held processions.
>
> >> So when are we going to be treated to the spectacle of Aard, Brimstone
> >> and co. trying to mow down the changing of the guard?
>
> >> That is another customarily held procession, which is not routinely
> >> marshalled by police.
>
> >Last time I saw 'the changing of the guard' the police were there.
>
> >http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/82/74882-004-655F19B3.jpg
> >notice the policeman on the horse at the front.
>
> >again see
> >http://teachers.greenville.k12.sc.us/sites/rcook/2007%20Ireland/Chang...

> Don't bother, it's another strawman argument from someone who's fast
> becoming urc's resident nutter. The changing of the guard is an
> officially sanctioned event, and the guards don't randomly block
> junctions _without_ the assistance of the police, and most importantly
> of all, the ceremony is _not_ designed with the sole intent of
> deliberately and systematically preventing other people going about
> their lawful business.

I am prevented from going about my lawful business on CM rides, as
described by the Law Lords, by a congestion of cars and drivers who
try to physically ram me out of their way.

Tony Dragon

Aug 6, 2009, 3:34:04 AM8/6/09

How about the people who are prevented from going about their lawful
business by the congestion caused by CM?

--

Tony Dragon

Brimstone

Aug 6, 2009, 4:22:39 AM8/6/09

Is the congestion deliberately caused in order to prevent other people going
about their business and if you on your bicycle are moving forward as you
claim you are how is it possible for a car to "ram" you out of their way,
Doug?

Ian

Aug 6, 2009, 5:16:14 AM8/6/09

"Doug" <jag...@riseup.net> wrote in message
I suspect you will find that those drivers are going about *their*
lawful business; that there is also a means by which cyclists are able
to go about their own lawful business along with the car drivers; but
a large number of idiot cyclists ("louts"; "yobs" - general
troublemakers and rabblerousers) choose to create mayhem for their own
gratification.

Perhaps they should try similar tactics on the streets of Beijing, or
Teheran. They would soon learn to differentiate between angry car
drivers and troops carrying, and using, kalashnikovs.......

CM should be grateful we live in a (more-or-less) tolerant society - a
society which, if CM had its way, would be rather less tolerant.

(Look - I finished with "rant"!!!)

--
Ian - Sign Petition at
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/TaxBicycles/

Judith M Smith

Aug 6, 2009, 11:20:46 AM8/6/09
On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 23:15:09 +0100, Phil W Lee
<phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk> wrote:

<snip>

>That's an irrelevance, since both are legally held processions.
>
>So when are we going to be treated to the spectacle of Aard, Brimstone
>and co. trying to mow down the changing of the guard?
>
>That is another customarily held procession, which is not routinely
>marshalled by police.

Has anyone ever said that you are a fool?

Doug

Aug 8, 2009, 9:27:37 AM8/8/09
> How about the people who are prevented from going about their lawful
> business by the congestion caused by CM?

What about them? I am prevented from going about my lawful business,
for the same amount of time or longer and every day of the week, by
congestion caused by too many cars. Plus the fact that as a vulnerable
road user I am much more at risk than the motorists who sometimes also
threaten to ram me with actual physical violence with their car-
weapons.

Doug

Aug 8, 2009, 9:28:56 AM8/8/09
Because they are much faster and heavier than me, Brim, and they are
too impatient.

Brimstone

Aug 8, 2009, 9:30:24 AM8/8/09

Liar.

> Plus the fact that as a vulnerable
> road user I am much more at risk than the motorists who sometimes also
> threaten to ram me with actual physical violence with their car-
> weapons.

Why would anyone threaten to collide with you Doug?

Brimstone

Aug 8, 2009, 9:31:09 AM8/8/09

But if they caught up in cogestion how are the travelling faster than you?

Tony Dragon

Aug 8, 2009, 9:38:52 AM8/8/09

Do these cars intend to prevent you going about your business?

What is it about the way you interact with people that makes them want
to ram you?

Is car-weapons your new buzz word?

--

Tony Dragon

Aard

Aug 8, 2009, 2:22:45 PM8/8/09
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 06:27:37 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

>On 6 Aug, 08:34, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:

Yeah, but your "lawful business" is sponging off the state which keeps
you and you claim to despise. When you get a fucking job and become a
net _contributor_ instead of the drain on resources that you are, your
voice might have some worth. Til then, STFU and be grateful we don't
gas old fuckwits like you to ease the housing crisis.

> Plus the fact that as a vulnerable
>road user I am much more at risk than the motorists who sometimes also
>threaten to ram me with actual physical violence with their car-
>weapons.

Yeah, but the only ones who threaten you with their cars are the ones
who actually know who you are. Maybe that should tell you something
you poisonous old loser.

Aard

Aug 8, 2009, 2:24:08 PM8/8/09
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 06:28:56 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

>On 6 Aug, 09:22, "Brimstone" <brimstone520-n...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Get out of the fucking way then you dole-scrounging old turd.

Doug

Aug 9, 2009, 1:54:33 AM8/9/09
> Do these cars intend to prevent you going about your business?

Yes by the use of physical force, aka 'violence', with their car-
weapon.

> What is it about the way you interact with people that makes them want
> to ram you?

I cycle among impatient motorists.

> Is car-weapons your new buzz word?

Yes. Do you like it?

Doug

Aug 9, 2009, 1:55:36 AM8/9/09
Typical motorist!

Aard

Aug 9, 2009, 2:38:00 AM8/9/09
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 22:55:36 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

Typical usenet warrior!

Tony Dragon

Aug 9, 2009, 4:54:51 AM8/9/09

Could you expand on that?

>> What is it about the way you interact with people that makes them want
>> to ram you?
>>
> I cycle among impatient motorists.

You also cycle among patient motorists, perhaps it is your style of
riding that provokes conflict.

>> Is car-weapons your new buzz word?
>>
> Yes. Do you like it?

Short, emotive, meaningless, like all buzzwords.

> --
> Critical Mass London
> http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
> "Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist".

--

Tony Dragon

Brimstone

Aug 9, 2009, 11:06:51 AM8/9/09

No response Doug?

Doug

Aug 10, 2009, 3:11:27 AM8/10/09
Isn't it obvious, they either cut me up or ram me in their haste.
Towards the end of the video, if you look carefully, you can see a
light spot on the side of the taxi which is from my headlamp. Not only
did the taxi driver threaten those in front but forced me to back up
to avoid being sideswiped.

> >> What is it about the way you interact with people that makes them want
> >> to ram you?
>
> > I cycle among impatient motorists.
>
> You also cycle among patient motorists, perhaps it is your style of
> riding that provokes conflict.

No it is the undue haste in which drivers want to get from A to B that

provokes conflict.

> >> Is car-weapons your new buzz word?
>
> > Yes. Do you like it?
>
> Short, emotive, meaningless, like all buzzwords.

How can it be meaningless if it is emotive? Surely something that
evokes a strong emotion must be meaningful in some way?

"More bikes, fewer cars!".

Aard

Aug 10, 2009, 4:10:02 AM8/10/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:11:27 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

>On 9 Aug, 09:54, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:

You were forced to back up to avoid being sideswiped? So was this taxi
moving sideways across the road then?

Tony Dragon

Aug 10, 2009, 4:31:38 AM8/10/09

If that was the beam from your light there was no way you could be
sideswiped as the cab in front of you.

>>> I cycle among impatient motorists.
>> You also cycle among patient motorists, perhaps it is your style of
>> riding that provokes conflict.
>>
> No it is the undue haste in which drivers want to get from A to B that
> provokes conflict.

Nothing to do with the manner of cycling of some of the CM then?

>>> Yes. Do you like it?
>> Short, emotive, meaningless, like all buzzwords.
>>
> How can it be meaningless if it is emotive? Surely something that
> evokes a strong emotion must be meaningful in some way?
>
> --
> Critical Mass London
> http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
> "More bikes, fewer cars!".

Not to a right minded person.
--

Tony Dragon

Tony Dragon

Aug 10, 2009, 4:33:07 AM8/10/09

Oh and it's good that you have proved that you did the filming, the
position of the lamp beam & camera angle proves that.

--

Tony Dragon

Doug

Aug 10, 2009, 7:43:53 AM8/10/09
Well obliquely swiped by the taxi side then. Its not quite a ramming
nor a nosing. There must be a name for it. Swipesiding?
Tangentalising? Come on all you semanticists out there!

> >> You also cycle among patient motorists, perhaps it is your style of
> >> riding that provokes conflict.
>
> > No it is the undue haste in which drivers want to get from A to B that
> > provokes conflict.
>
> Nothing to do with the manner of cycling of some of the CM then?

Not if CM is to be treated as a procession. The patient driver waits
for a procession to pass before proceeding and never ever tries to ram
under any circumstances.

> >> Short, emotive, meaningless, like all buzzwords.
>
> > How can it be meaningless if it is emotive? Surely something that
> > evokes a strong emotion must be meaningful in some way?
>

> Not to a right minded person.

You think emotions are meaningless?

Tony Dragon

Aug 10, 2009, 7:58:53 AM8/10/09

No the taxi was in front of you, if there had been a collision then it
would be because you had not stopped, the taxi was not moving (or at
least going very slowly)

>>> No it is the undue haste in which drivers want to get from A to B that
>>> provokes conflict.
>> Nothing to do with the manner of cycling of some of the CM then?
>>
> Not if CM is to be treated as a procession. The patient driver waits
> for a procession to pass before proceeding and never ever tries to ram
> under any circumstances.

If CM wish to be treated as a procession, perhaps they should act like one.

>>> How can it be meaningless if it is emotive? Surely something that
>>> evokes a strong emotion must be meaningful in some way?
>>
>> Not to a right minded person.
>>
> You think emotions are meaningless?
>
> --
> Critical Mass London
> http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
> "More bikes, fewer cars!".

What do you think?
--

Tony Dragon

Aard

Aug 10, 2009, 8:28:11 AM8/10/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 04:43:53 -0700 (PDT), Doug <jag...@riseup.net>
wrote:

>On 10 Aug, 09:31, Tony Dragon <tony.dra...@btinternet.com> wrote:

How could a vehicle that is already in front of you, and not moving,
be termed to have _hit_ you? Any collision would be _you_ hitting _it_
unless you are claiming that it was moving sideways. Oh, hang on,
forgot. Sorry, got it now. It was a _car_ and it was _in your way_ so
it stands to reason that anything that happens is its drivers fault,
right?

>> > No it is the undue haste in which drivers want to get from A to B that
>> > provokes conflict.
>>
>> Nothing to do with the manner of cycling of some of the CM then?
>>
>Not if CM is to be treated as a procession. The patient driver waits
>for a procession to pass before proceeding and never ever tries to ram
>under any circumstances.

Why aren't _you_ being patient and allowing the taxi to pass before
proceeding? Or do your rights somehow 'trump' a car driver?

>> > How can it be meaningless if it is emotive? Surely something that
>> > evokes a strong emotion must be meaningful in some way?
>>

>> Not to a right minded person.
>>
>You think emotions are meaningless?

Yours are, yes.

BrianW

Aug 10, 2009, 1:34:01 PM8/10/09
On 10 Aug, 12:43, Doug <jag...@riseup.net> wrote:

> > If that was the beam from your light there was no way you could be
> > sideswiped as the cab in front of you.
>
> Well obliquely swiped by the taxi side then. Its not quite a ramming
> nor a nosing. There must be a name for it. Swipesiding?
> Tangentalising? Come on all you semanticists out there!

There is no collision or swiping. You lie yet again.

BTW, who is the annoying tit telling bad poetry? Mate of yours?