Lots of rain ?

Troy's Human

Oct 12, 2005, 6:08:59 PM10/12/05
Been reading about all this rain and flooding.

We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around 70°F.
Lots of sunshine.

Strange country we live in.

Lincolnshire BTW.
--
Regards,

Troy's Human.

Flyińg Ńuń 2°°5 +

Oct 12, 2005, 6:15:53 PM10/12/05
Troy's Human wrote:
> Been reading about all this rain and flooding.
>
> We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around
> 70°F. Lots of sunshine.
>
> Strange country we live in.
>
> Lincolnshire BTW.

We're being neglected - only got up to 68°F here today, but then very
little sunshine. :(
--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard melodies are sweeter
flyi...@tiscali.co.uk FN 2°°5 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

ned

Oct 12, 2005, 7:14:59 PM10/12/05

"Troy's Human" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Been reading about all this rain and flooding.
>
> We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around
70°F.
> Lots of sunshine.
>
> Strange country we live in.
>
> Lincolnshire BTW.

...... even got the grass cut. :-)

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 30.09.2005

Rabbit

Oct 12, 2005, 7:49:31 PM10/12/05

"Troy's Human" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Been reading about all this rain and flooding.
>
> We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around 70°F.
> Lots of sunshine.

Pah 70!!! Go to
http://www.wunderground.com/auto/virtuallythere_jan3/global/stations/03136.html
and se yesterday's temperature here ;-)
--
Sandra
People will forget what you said.

Tyke

Oct 12, 2005, 9:13:03 PM10/12/05
In news:9t1sbyqdlmme$.d...@troytheblacklab.co.uk,
Troy's Human <m...@privacy.net> typed:

> Been reading about all this rain and flooding.
>
> We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around
> 70°F. Lots of sunshine.
>
> Strange country we live in.
>
> Lincolnshire BTW.

When I spoke to Mrs Tyke last night she said it was very humid in Leeds. Not
at all what she is used to!!!

--
Tyke

Luck is when the paths of opportunity and preparation cross.

Michaelangelo

Oct 13, 2005, 1:39:52 AM10/13/05
In article <9t1sbyqdlmme$.d...@troytheblacklab.co.uk>, m...@privacy.net
breezed in and declared:

> Been reading about all this rain and flooding.
>
> We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around 70°F.
> Lots of sunshine.

Tuesday evening and overnight Tuesday/Wednesday we got half of October's
average rainfall in 12 hours.

--
Michaelangelo
www.mikenagel.co.uk

Accessible, self-catering, holiday
accommodation for physically disabled people
www.woodhead-cottage.co.uk

BunnyHare

Oct 13, 2005, 1:56:52 AM10/13/05

"Troy's Human" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Been reading about all this rain and flooding.
>
> We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around 70°F.
> Lots of sunshine.
>
> Strange country we live in.
>
> Lincolnshire BTW.

Oh goody cos I'm heading that way today. Parent visiting

--
Barb

BunnyHare

Oct 13, 2005, 1:58:14 AM10/13/05

"ned" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

> ...... even got the grass cut. :-)

Well Mum doesn't have any grass (there's one indoor plant that looks a bit
suspicious though).
Sounds as if the weather will be decent enough for me to take her out in the
wheelchair though

--
Barb

Evelyn Usher

Oct 13, 2005, 4:42:42 AM10/13/05
Hi There,

Up here in the north of Scotland it has been raining for the past three
days non stop No flooding though. It looks fair today though.
--
Evelyn

Flyińg Ńuń 2°°5 +

Oct 13, 2005, 5:23:58 AM10/13/05
BunnyHare wrote:
> "Troy's Human" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Been reading about all this rain and flooding.
>>
>> We've had none. Temperatures yesterday and today peaked at around
>> 70蚌. Lots of sunshine.

>> Strange country we live in.
>>
>> Lincolnshire BTW.
>
> Oh goody cos I'm heading that way today. Parent visiting

I guess it's about to change then. LOL

Nope, I was wrong the beeb seem to think it's gonna be OK:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2562

--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard melodies are sweeter

flyi...@tiscali.co.uk FN 2偽5 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Flyińg Ńuń 2°°5 +

Oct 13, 2005, 5:26:14 AM10/13/05

From the reports I've seen of some places you've been lucky then Evelyn.
Are you new to UPS then Evelyn or have I just missed you. Anyhow welcome
aboard. To find out more about us and where we reside take a look at:
http://www.ukpeoplesilversurfers.co.uk/

--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard melodies are sweeter

flyi...@tiscali.co.uk FN 2같5 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Evelyn Usher

Oct 13, 2005, 7:35:33 AM10/13/05
Hi There,

I am new it is the first time I have posted. I have been reading the
posts for a few weeks though.

I live with my six little dogs, five Maltese and one Japanese Chin, in
the north of Scotland.

I will have a look at the link you sent me later.
--
Evelyn

Message has been deleted

Foxy at w**k

Oct 13, 2005, 6:48:11 AM10/13/05

Hello and Welcome Evelyn

Another doggie lover I see ;-)

I do hope you stay and join in the fun

Jen

Message has been deleted

Flyińg Ńuń 2°°5 +

Oct 13, 2005, 7:03:34 AM10/13/05

I'd love to see piccies of your 6 little dogs.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Rabbit

Oct 13, 2005, 7:31:50 AM10/13/05

"Evelyn Usher" <eve...@ushad.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi There,
>
> I am new it is the first time I have posted. I have been reading the
> posts for a few weeks though.

Hi Evelyn and welcome to UPS. Please do stick around in here, we desperately
need more people from God's Own Country to edumacate them Suverners. It's a
difficult job but we need to do it :-)
In case you hadn't guessed I live on the correct side of the border too, in
Burns Country on the Ayrshire coast and I'm the only sane, sober, sensible
and sedate one in here :-)

Message has been deleted

Rabbit

Oct 13, 2005, 7:36:23 AM10/13/05

"MCC" <mcc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Sandra (Rabbit) will be along shortly - she will welcome you with open
> arms
> - we need more Scots in this group to counter the Tyke and 'suvvern'
> hordes. <LOL>

Now how did you know that ???? :-)

Rabbit

Oct 13, 2005, 7:45:58 AM10/13/05

"frogman" <uk_fr...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> ROTFLMHO, since when?

Always, I'm surprised you haven't noticed it before ;-)

Flyińg Ńuń 2°°5 +

Oct 13, 2005, 7:51:54 AM10/13/05
frogman wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:31:50 +0100
> Rabbit croaked the following in uk.people.silversurfers...

>> and I'm the only sane, sober, sensible
>> and sedate one in here :-)
>>

> ROTFLMHO, since when?

Now that's an easy one to answer LOL

Message has been deleted

Evelyn Usher

Oct 13, 2005, 11:01:11 AM10/13/05
Hi there,

If you go to my web site at www.ushad.co.uk you will see my babies
--
Evelyn Who loves her little dogs

Foxy at w**k

Oct 13, 2005, 10:10:47 AM10/13/05
Evelyn Usher wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> If you go to my web site at www.ushad.co.uk you will see my babies

Very nice Evelyn

Jen

Message has been deleted

Flyińg Ńuń 2°°5 +

Oct 13, 2005, 10:23:20 AM10/13/05
Evelyn Usher wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> If you go to my web site at www.ushad.co.uk you will see my babies

They're lovely Evelyn.

Here's my cat Gizmo - now about 14:
http://www.flyingnun.co.uk/Gizmo01.jpg

and with his mate Fudge:
http://www.roseofwhite.plus.com/gizfudge090605b.jpg
who's about 7 years younger.

And a little bit of my cats' history:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/flyingnun/

Evelyn Usher

Oct 15, 2005, 5:52:07 PM10/15/05
Hi MCC

I live in Caithness . As you probably know the sailing from Scrabster
to Stromness is just two miles from my house.

I used to go to Orkney for my holidays when I was VERY young. My mum's
sister and family lived there. I have not been back now for quite a
number of years. I much prefer going somewhere warm and exotic for my
holidays. I have just come back from Japan, China, Hong Kong and
Thailand. A belated sixtieth birthday present to me from my partner
Don. It was wonderful and I loved it, especially Japan.
--
Evelyn

Message has been deleted

BoyPete

Oct 15, 2005, 5:55:50 PM10/15/05
MCC wrote:
> Hi Evelyn, I saw from your website that you live in Thurso.
>
> You mean Orkney isn't warm and exotic enough for you? :-))
>
> My father was on the St. Ola during the Second World War right up
> until 1959 when he and my mother moved to Dornoch to become
> superintendent and matron of a Church of Scotland Eventide Home. The
> worst mistake they ever made - my father, who had been at sea
> virtually all his life, was not happy there at all.

Eh........what website?
I still have fond memories of my only visit to Scotland. Relatives of my
first wife, in Thurso. Guess it must be thirty years ago now. For better of
for worse, that was when I learnt to drink whisky! :)
--
ßōyžėtė

Evelyn Usher

Oct 15, 2005, 9:22:47 PM10/15/05
Hi there,

My uncle was Bill Sinclair who lived in Stromness but was born in
Thurso who worked on the Ola, I think he was a chief engineer from the
late forties until the late 70s. Sorry I do not have any more
information on this.

No, Orkney is much too cold for me now I have got used to more exotic
places to go on holiday.

We went to Devon for my nephews wedding last year and I am afraid it
was not warm enough there for me even there.
--
Evelyn

Message has been deleted

Evelyn Usher

Oct 17, 2005, 3:19:00 AM10/17/05
Hi Boy Pete,

If you are interested you can see my dogs at my web site at
www.ushad.co.uk.

So you learnt to drink whisky in Thurso. Do you still drink it? I do
not think Thurso is still such a hard whisky drinking place as it once
was.
--
Evelyn