Multiple Messages - an apology.....

Steve Welburn

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

In article <83846081...@whitby02.demon.co.uk>
j...@whitby02.demon.co.uk "Jo Hampshire" writes:

> Dear ALL
> A message of apology for clogging up the net with a ridiculous amount of
> identical messages yesterday. Thanks to the 20 people that wrote to me and
> also to the person who stopped me at the Stun gig in Newcastle and told me
> off!!
> My hands have been well and truly smacked :)
> Jo

Multiple apologies seems to be taking it a bit far... ;-)

--
Toodlepip,
Steve Welburn

swel...@trashcity.org
[Mope 'til you drop! Then *BOUNCE*]

Jo Hampshire

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96
to uk., people.gothic

Jo Hampshire

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

Whisky Dave

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

In article <83846076...@whitby02.demon.co.uk>, Jo Hampshire
<j...@whitby02.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Jo

I don't think an apology is good enough. I reckon you should wear a bright
pink dress with yellow & blue flowers on it all throught the whitby
weekend.
Not that I'll be their to witness it though.

--
***http://www.elec.qmw.ac.uk/~davew/personal/personal.html 26th July 96 ***
http://www.elec.qmw.ac.uk/~davew/personal/sunshot/sunshot.html 1st july 96

Jane Shaw

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

Whisky Dave (d.wil...@qmw.ac.uk) wrote:

: I don't think an apology is good enough. I reckon you should wear a bright

: pink dress with yellow & blue flowers on it all throught the whitby
: weekend.

Have you ever met Jo?! What makes you think that she'd stop at a
bright pink dress...? :)
--
{Jane Stroke Alice_________________...@sheffield.ac.uk}
{___"OY! GOFFICKS!"___________"BEE'LEJUUUUICE!"_______"MORTISHAAAAA!"____}

Count Von Sexbat

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

In article <4ti7go$h...@bignews.shef.ac.uk>
sh...@acse.sheffield.ac.uk "Jane Shaw" writes:

>Have you ever met Jo?! What makes you think that she'd stop at a
>bright pink dress...? :)

I wouldn't.

I just checked the highway code and there's nothing about stopping
at bright pink dresses. This, of course, is a Good Thing.

/\../\

--
/.\../.\ | Sleep-deprived, insect eaten, bruised
sex...@batt.demon.co.uk | 6pt-guzzling, blood running, hungry,

AIDAN SKINNER

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

Steve Welburn <swel...@trashcity.org> wrote:

SN>In article <83846081...@whitby02.demon.co.uk>
> j...@whitby02.demon.co.uk "Jo Hampshire" writes:

SN>> A message of apology for clogging up the net with a ridiculous amount of

>> identical messages yesterday. Thanks to the 20 people that wrote to me and

SN>Multiple apologies seems to be taking it a bit far... ;-)

'Multiple Apologies - a message...'? ;)

- Aidan

slut*tart*slut*tart*slut*tart*slut*tart*slut*tart*slut*tart*
\ Age: 16. Height: 6'3" Weight: 142lbs Purity: 51.75% /
\ Monogamy? What's that? /
webpage:http://grelb.src.gla.ac.uk:8000/~cube/aidan.html

* 1st 2.00 ~ Failure is never fatal and success is never final.

AIDAN SKINNER

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

Jo Hampshire <j...@whitby02.demon.co.uk> wrote:

JO>Dear ALL

>A message of apology for clogging up the net with a ridiculous amount of
>identical messages yesterday. Thanks to the 20 people that wrote to me and

It's ok. Now you have to stop clogging up the net with 3 (albiet
slightly different) copies of the apology...

- Aidan

slutslutslutslutslutslutslutslutslutslutslutslutslutslutslut
\ Age: 16. Height: 6'3" Weight: 134lbs Purity: 51.75% /

\ Monogamy? What's that? /
webpage:http://grelb.src.gla.ac.uk:8000/~cube/aidan.html

* 1st 2.00 ~ For a big surprise, try pressing ALT+H right now.

Felidae

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

~
~: I don't think an apology is good enough. I reckon you should wear a
bright
~: pink dress with yellow & blue flowers on it all throught the whitby
~: weekend.
~
~Have you ever met Jo?! What makes you think that she'd stop at a
~bright pink dress...? :)

What makes us think you'd ever stop at one pair of boots ;-)

Miaow

Jane Shaw

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

Felidae (Fel...@katze.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: What makes us think you'd ever stop at one pair of boots ;-)

Not much choice now...

<boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo>

Felidae

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

Count Von Sexbat <sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> writes:
~
~I just checked the highway code and there's nothing about stopping
~at bright pink dresses. This, of course, is a Good Thing.

That's the Kerb crawlers handbook, not the Highway code.

Felidae

-bat.

Aug 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/1/96

Count Von Sexbat <sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> writes:
> 141b (King's Cross, Pedestrian)
> 1. Do not wear sunglasses - people will think you are a crack dealer
> 2. Do not carry a mobile phone - people will think you are a crack dealer
> 3. Do not wear a pvc mini skirt - people will think you are a prostitute
> 4. Do not wear fishnets - people will think you are a prostitute
> 5. Do not wear white foundation - people will think you are a junkie
> 6. Do not do all of the above - people will think you are a goth

Hmm, can I add "do not collapse on the ground shaking uncontrollably as
people will completely ignore you". Its a strange place...

-bat.

Count Von Sexbat

Aug 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/1/96

In article <AE2582B7...@katze.demon.co.uk>
Fel...@katze.demon.co.uk "Felidae" writes:

>Count Von Sexbat <sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> writes:

>~
>~I just checked the highway code and there's nothing about stopping
>~at bright pink dresses. This, of course, is a Good Thing.
>
>That's the Kerb crawlers handbook, not the Highway code.

Highway Code Supplement 141a (King's Cross)
1. Do not stop
2. Do not drive slowly
3. Do not look

141b (King's Cross, Pedestrian)
1. Do not wear sunglasses - people will think you are a crack dealer
2. Do not carry a mobile phone - people will think you are a crack dealer
3. Do not wear a pvc mini skirt - people will think you are a prostitute
4. Do not wear fishnets - people will think you are a prostitute
5. Do not wear white foundation - people will think you are a junkie
6. Do not do all of the above - people will think you are a goth

/\../\
--
/.\../.\ | Hearse-reversing, hooch-drinking slam-dancing
sex...@batt.demon.co.uk | caffeine-guzzling hair-spiking, hardcore

Guy

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

Count Von Sexbat wrote:

> 141b (King's Cross, Pedestrian)
> 1. Do not wear sunglasses - people will think you are a crack dealer
> 2. Do not carry a mobile phone - people will think you are a crack dealer
> 3. Do not wear a pvc mini skirt - people will think you are a prostitute
> 4. Do not wear fishnets - people will think you are a prostitute
> 5. Do not wear white foundation - people will think you are a junkie
> 6. Do not do all of the above - people will think you are a goth

IMHO, it's probably safer if you are mistaken for some variety of
gangsta, because you'll blend in, and you won't get hassled just in case
you're part of the Jamaican Voodoo Posse or whatever :)

--
g...@goodtech.co.uk
http://www.goodtech.co.uk/

Count Von Sexbat

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

>Count Von Sexbat wrote:
>
>> 141b (King's Cross, Pedestrian)
>

>IMHO, it's probably safer if you are mistaken for some variety of
>gangsta, because you'll blend in, and you won't get hassled just in case
>you're part of the Jamaican Voodoo Posse or whatever :)

That's the CSP.

However, if they think you are a rival drug dealer they might well decide
to kill you.

[Scene - Finsbury Park, an Octgober mid-morning, featuring me wearing lots
of black army surplus stuff, sunglasses, and somewhat hungover]
Sound FX - mobile rings

me: Hello?

[n figures start giving me funny looks]

me: Hi Juliet, I just need to take this opportunity to announce to the world
in general that I AM NOT A DRUG DEALER

[figures relax and go back to chewing the cud]

Guy

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Count Von Sexbat wrote:

> In article <3205C8...@goodtech.co.uk> g...@goodtech.co.uk "Guy" writes:
>
> >Count Von Sexbat wrote:
> >
> >> 141b (King's Cross, Pedestrian)
> >
> >IMHO, it's probably safer if you are mistaken for some variety of
> >gangsta, because you'll blend in, and you won't get hassled just in case
> >you're part of the Jamaican Voodoo Posse or whatever :)
>
> That's the CSP.
>
> However, if they think you are a rival drug dealer they might well decide
> to kill you.

unfortunately, most of my mobile phone calls consist of "sorted",
"wicked", "I'll be round later with the boys" and "have you got the
gear?", all of which are quite innocent but get taken out of context...!

--
g...@goodtech.co.uk
http://www.goodtech.co.uk/

Andrew Clegg

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

In article <320B16...@goodtech.co.uk>, Guy <g...@goodtech.co.uk>
writes

>unfortunately, most of my mobile phone calls consist of "sorted",
>"wicked", "I'll be round later with the boys" and "have you got the
>gear?",

Not forgetting "We've won!!!"

Andrew.

"What's the matter, Eddie, does it frighten you?"
"Frighten me? No, Frank, I think 'startle' is a better word."

NP: The Mission -- Wasteland [God's Own Medicine]

Mandrake

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Andrew Clegg wrote:

> In article <320B16...@goodtech.co.uk>, Guy <g...@goodtech.co.uk>
> writes
> >
> >unfortunately, most of my mobile phone calls consist of "sorted",
> >"wicked", "I'll be round later with the boys" and "have you got the
> >gear?",
>
> Not forgetting "We've won!!!"

and you also forgot to mentioned the wheels man you know bmw playing
ragga jungle hip hop tunes
and on the mobile
yeah safe!
nice one
later
--

Until the sun rises
& death relieves me of this material world

your ever faithful servant

Mandrake
=>-[

colin

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96

Guy wrote:

> unfortunately, most of my mobile phone calls consist of "sorted",
> "wicked", "I'll be round later with the boys" and "have you got the
> gear?", all of which are quite innocent but get taken out of context...!

To your mum?

-colin-

imas...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2013, 6:30:28 PM1/2/13
to swel...@trashcity.org
On Saturday, July 27, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Steve Welburn wrote:
> In article <83846081...@whitby02.demon.co.uk>
> j...@whitby02.demon.co.uk "Jo Hampshire" writes:
>
> > Dear ALL
> > A message of apology for clogging up the net with a ridiculous amount of
> > identical messages yesterday. Thanks to the 20 people that wrote to me and
> > also to the person who stopped me at the Stun gig in Newcastle and told me
> > off!!
> > My hands have been well and truly smacked :)
> > Jo
>
> Multiple apologies seems to be taking it a bit far... ;-)
>
> --
> Toodlepip,
> Steve Welburn
>
> swel...@trashcity.org
> [Mope 'til you drop! Then *BOUNCE*]

What's this.. reviving a 16 year old thread? Just thought I would come and leave a bit more northern in here.. Who knew there were goths on the internets in 96..

news1...@moo.uklinux.net

Jan 3, 2013, 5:36:06 AM1/3/13
imas...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, July 27, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Steve Welburn wrote:
> > [...]

> What's this.. reviving a 16 year old thread? Just thought I would
> come and leave a bit more northern in here.. Who knew there were
> goths on the internets in 96..

1996 would have been about when upg was created. And before that
there was already alt.gothic

#Paul

Dave H

Jan 6, 2013, 6:28:33 PM1/6/13
news1...@moo.uklinux.net <news1...@moo.uklinux.net> wrote:

> 1996 would have been about when upg was created. And before that
> there was already alt.gothic

Yes indeed, June 1995 was when it was created, although not everyone
could access it directly at that point. (I think a fellow named
-=Falcon=- showed me a way to access it indirectly by pointing lynx at
the Warwick University NNTP server. Then we had to convince our own
university to carry the group.) alt.gothic had been going for three and
a bit years by that point.

Dave

dishmop

Apr 4, 2013, 3:53:19 AM4/4/13
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:28:33 PM UTC, Dave H wrote:
> news1...@moo.uklinux.net <news1...@moo.uklinux.net> wrote:
>

> > 1996 would have been about when upg was created. And before that
>
> > there was already alt.gothic
>
> Yes indeed, June 1995 was when it was created, although not everyone
>
> could access it directly at that point.

Nice blast from the past there with this resurrected thread. Thank you.

- dishmop

Dave H

Apr 4, 2013, 3:26:00 PM4/4/13
dishmop <dis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice blast from the past there with this resurrected thread. Thank you.

Great Scott, another lurker! Quickly Flavio, lock the door before he
escapes!

Hope all is well with you Dave. Long time no see.

Dave

Flavio Matani

Apr 5, 2013, 6:45:10 AM4/5/13
Dave H <lor...@penemue.ogive.org> wrote:

> dishmop <dis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Nice blast from the past there with this resurrected thread. Thank you.
>
> Great Scott, another lurker! Quickly Flavio, lock the door before he
> escapes!

.. :)

> Hope all is well with you Dave. Long time no see.

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition
http://www.camdenguitar.co.uk
http://fflavio.com

Flavio Matani

Apr 6, 2013, 7:41:15 AM4/6/13
Was relaying this thread to Mrph, who I saw in Quinn's in Camden where
we both were for a birthday gathering last night. He perked up and
smiled and was interested. We might yet hear from him here.

Who else still has a look here now and then?

Dave H

Apr 6, 2013, 9:26:45 AM4/6/13
Flavio Matani <flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com> wrote:

> Was relaying this thread to Mrph, who I saw in Quinn's in Camden where
> we both were for a birthday gathering last night. He perked up and
> smiled and was interested. We might yet hear from him here.

Well you see, there's UPGs problem right there. No, not Morph. The
fact that Camden has a nice pub, whereas in UPG it's impossible to get a
decent pint of real ale. :o)

Dave

Flavio Matani

Apr 7, 2013, 6:31:37 AM4/7/13
Quinn's have given up on stocking Belgian and German beers, they only
carry a handful of varieties of those. As for real ale, just a couple of
Abbot beers there.

It's true that you cannot easily get a good pint here :D

Zotz

May 11, 2013, 1:09:51 PM5/11/13
flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com (Flavio Matani) writes:

> Who else still has a look here now and then?

Um . . . guilty as charged, m'lud..

G.

--
Stated opinions have been adopted as official policy and will be supported
by any and all measures deemed necessary, including (but not limited to)

Flavio Matani

May 12, 2013, 9:21:40 AM5/12/13
Zotz <use...@zotz.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> flavio...@not-here-at-mac.com (Flavio Matani) writes:
>
> > Who else still has a look here now and then?
>
> Um . . . guilty as charged, m'lud..
>

> G.

Not many more, by the looks of it.