Ash's new guitarist

Conor Green

Aug 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/11/97

A bit of news for the Ash fans here. This message was originally posted to
the Ash mailing list.
--------------------------------------
When I said I would post a review of yesterday's (Sunday 10th August) Ash
gig at the Limelight in Belfast, I had no idea I would be writing about
such a momentous event. I was chatting yesterday with a lovely young lady
named Charlotte less than an hour after she had completed her debut
performance as Ash's new guitar player! Jaws dropped all round as Ash
roared into Lose Control as a four-piece band, and a few hundred blokes
simultaneously fell in love with the new addition (me included). I was
pretty drunk when I was talking to her at the after-show party, so
apologies if this information isn't 100 percent correct, but this is how I
remember the conversation.

Charlotte is from London and used to be lead singer/guitarist for a
London-based band called Night Nurse (I think this was the name - any
Londoners on the list who can provide further info?). She quit this band
only last week, joining Ash this week and after having only 2 days to learn
all the guitar parts, I must say she is a very talented young lady. In
future she will also be assisting on backing vocals, but 2 days wasn't long
enough to learn all the words as well. She said she was completely
overwhelmed by the attention she was getting - I think she'd better get
used to it.

Anyway, the gig was cramped, hot, sweaty, energetic, and the extra guitar
really fattens out the sound - it was great to see them at a small venue,
up close and intimate. Film Song was the only new song they played, they
had I think 4 songs off Trailer, and more or less played the greatest hits
set, which was just what everyone wanted really, although a couple more new
songs would have been cool. A friend of mine had a camcorder there, so I'll
have to try and get a copy of the tape. I must say it was an honour to see
Charlotte's debut, and to talk to her afterwards, and also to be able to
share this news with all of you. Remember where you heard it first!

Conor.