You fucking bastards

Zobo Kolonie

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
You really should be put to death.
Fucking bastards.

ZK

Steve Pang

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
In article <rjnP4.3213$fT4.2...@news.dircon.co.uk> , "Zobo Kolonie"
<kol...@popmail.SPAMSUCKSdircon.co.uk> wrote:

Don't mince your words Zobo. :)

Defacing the Cenotaph was a disgrace and totally misguided and exactly what
you'd expect of these people. Apparently the police changed tactics for this
demo and it seemed to have worked. The standard lie put about by protesters
like this is that "the police provoked us so we had no choice but to throw
sticks and bricks at them and smash windows" etc etc. I'm sure this is in
part due to the standard riot control measures, rushing the crowd etc. They
didn't seem tot do that today and it resulted in the hardcore having no
excuse to start a ruck. In fact there were pictures of one guy throwing a
traffic cone at a riot officer who was just standing in line. Maybe he
thought the copper was looking at him in a provocative way or something?
Anyway, it's become obvious that the people who organise these things hope
for and expect violence as this is the only way they will get any publicity,
but they are put in a difficult position when the police change their
tactics and don't give them reason to start getting nasty.

--

"It's a small world...but I wouldn't want to paint it." Steven Wright.

Andy

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00

Zobo Kolonie wrote in message ...

>Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
>War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
>You really should be put to death.
>Fucking bastards.

Exactly Zobo, not a lot to do with capitalism but any excuse hey...

Bet they don't have qualms eating in McD's either

Just an excuse for being tossers who need to get a life.

Andy

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00

Steve Pang wrote in message ...

>Don't mince your words Zobo. :)
>
>Defacing the Cenotaph was a disgrace and totally misguided and exactly what
>you'd expect of these people. Apparently the police changed tactics for
this
>demo and it seemed to have worked. The standard lie put about by protesters
>like this is that "the police provoked us so we had no choice but to throw
>sticks and bricks at them and smash windows" etc etc. I'm sure this is in
>part due to the standard riot control measures, rushing the crowd etc. They
>didn't seem tot do that today and it resulted in the hardcore having no
>excuse to start a ruck. In fact there were pictures of one guy throwing a
>traffic cone at a riot officer who was just standing in line. Maybe he
>thought the copper was looking at him in a provocative way or something?
>Anyway, it's become obvious that the people who organise these things hope
>for and expect violence as this is the only way they will get any
publicity,
>but they are put in a difficult position when the police change their
>tactics and don't give them reason to start getting nasty.

Yep, the police play it low key and there's still trouble. No pleasing some
people.

And before any supporters chip in about media showing only the bad stuff, I
saw lots of footage of well behaved protesters.

Rafal Heydel-Mankoo

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00

Zobo Kolonie wrote:

> Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
> War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
> You really should be put to death.
> Fucking bastards.
>

> ZK

These vandals would do well to remember that it is because they do not
live under the hammer and sickle that they have the freedom to protest.
If these people dared to deface a statue of Chairman Mao in Beijing they
would certainly learn a thing or two about what life is like in a
non-capitalist state.

If it was not for Churchill ve vould all be speaking Deutsch and ze
marches in protest vould be verboten! Similarly the Cenotaph was erected
to commemorate those brave men who fought and died to give these scum
the right to protest.

There's gratitude for you.

----------------------------
Rafal Heydel-Mankoo
raf...@home.com (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
hey...@hotmail.com
traf...@england.com (London, England)

The London Group: http://www.geocities.com/london_group
An Internet forum for those interested in the culture of London UK.

Message has been deleted

Zobo Kolonie

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
Andy wrote in message <8el0er$m49$1...@gxsn.com>...

>Zobo Kolonie wrote in message ...
>>Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
>>War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
>>You really should be put to death.
>>Fucking bastards.
>>

>Exactly Zobo, not a lot to do with capitalism but any excuse hey...

Nothing at all... just an excuse for fuckwitted scum to vent some anger
about them being too dumb to get real jobs.

>Bet they don't have qualms eating in McD's either

Probably not... I on the other hand have taste and eat fresh food rather
than the aforementioned shite.

>Just an excuse for being tossers who need to get a life.

Yup!
More than that, it really really annoys me... I care about certain things
and am thoroughly prevented from going on demos any more because wannabe
anarchists turn up and smash the crap out of everything... The organisers
are hippy cunts and will not cooperate with the police, hence everyone gets
tarred with the same brush... time was that demo groups cooperated with the
police and the trouble makers could be easily removed... of course now, the
trouble makers are the big thing... so if you attend such a demo you >must<
approve of such people... hence everyone who attends is liable (quite
rightly) to imprisonment... hence I can no longer attend since I do not
approve of such scum.

So there.

ZK

Alistair Mann

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
Steve Pang <stev...@clara.co.uk> wrote in message

> I can't wait to see what their 'geurilla gardening' looks like in the
> morning - a perfectly nice green patch of grass dug up and defaced with
limp
> plants that will not be looked after so will probably soon die. What an
> absolute joke.

You won't see it, they had turf in reserve and started relaying it as soon
as they got the longhairs out of the square.
--
Alistair Mann
uk.local.london website at http://www.london-online.org.uk

ickle o'holic

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
"Zobo Kolonie" <kol...@popmail.SPAMSUCKSdircon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
> War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
> You really should be put to death.
> Fucking bastards.

the spray paint on the staute sickened me
if only because it took the cameras away from from the garden created on
parliament square

ickle o'holic

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
> > There's gratitude for you.
>
> I can't wait to see what their 'geurilla gardening' looks like in the
> morning - a perfectly nice green patch of grass dug up and defaced with
limp
> plants that will not be looked after so will probably soon die. What an
> absolute joke.

I;m glad youve brought this up
the plants(and seeds) that have ben placed today
will start to peak uo in a couple of days
unless some ones decide to bulldoze the site

there is a lot to be said for tidying up the plantings and nurturing them

and as a side point: the first person to mention pulling up turf and
relociatng it
i'm undrer the impression that the man already did that on PS just before
new years eve

ickle o'holic

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
"Alistair Mann" <via...@lgeezer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Steve Pang <stev...@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > I can't wait to see what their 'geurilla gardening' looks like in the
> > morning - a perfectly nice green patch of grass dug up and defaced with
> limp
> > plants that will not be looked after so will probably soon die. What an
> > absolute joke.
>
> You won't see it, they had turf in reserve and started relaying it as soon
> as they got the longhairs out of the square.

really? wonder if thet picked the hemp seeds out first?

Alistair Mann

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
ickle o'holic <ickle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I should think they did; they are low on "x pounds at market value" seizures
this year, and this'll help them meet quota!

Daniel Brett

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

> if only because it took the cameras away from from the garden created on
> parliament square
It looked a bit like a sand-pit. A very pretty sandpit, though, with a pond
in the middle.

ickle o'holic

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

> ickle o'holic <ickle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Alistair Mann" <via...@lgeezer.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Steve Pang <stev...@clara.co.uk> wrote in message

> with
> > > limp
> an
> > >
> > > You won't see it, they had turf in reserve and started relaying it as
> soon
> > > as they got the longhairs out of the square.
> >
> > really? wonder if thet picked the hemp seeds out first?
>
> I should think they did; they are low on "x pounds at market value"
seizures
> this year, and this'll help them meet quota!

bad call again ali - you really don't have a fucking clue do you
the hemp seeds scattered were industrial seeds
not pot
proper hemp
that you can make clothes from
that you cam make rope from
that you can coo with etc etc etc
you don't get high on hemp
you make things from it
you are mixing it up with it;s cousin

and yes if i spread those seeds i would have broken the law

Marcia

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

Andy wrote in message <8el0er$m49$1...@gxsn.com>...

>Zobo Kolonie wrote in message ...
>>Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
>>War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
>>You really should be put to death.
>>Fucking bastards.
>>

>Exactly Zobo, not a lot to do with capitalism but any excuse hey...
>
>Bet they don't have qualms eating in McD's either
>
>Just an excuse for being tossers who need to get a life.
>
>Most only use McD for a mcshit or mcwee

Marcia

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

Andy wrote in message <8el0ma$1rs$1...@gxsn.com>...
>As anyone who was in Kennington knows, and will NEVER be shown on TV trust
me, the police certainly didn't play it low key (well definately not when
there was no cameras about)

Marcia

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

Steve Pang wrote in message ...
>In article <390E072D...@home.com> , Rafal Heydel-Mankoo

><raf...@home.com> wrote:
>
>> These vandals would do well to remember that it is because they do not
>> live under the hammer and sickle that they have the freedom to protest.
>> If these people dared to deface a statue of Chairman Mao in Beijing they
>> would certainly learn a thing or two about what life is like in a
>> non-capitalist state.
>>
>> If it was not for Churchill ve vould all be speaking Deutsch and ze
>> marches in protest vould be verboten! Similarly the Cenotaph was erected
>> to commemorate those brave men who fought and died to give these scum
>> the right to protest.
>>
>> There's gratitude for you.
>
>I can't wait to see what their 'geurilla gardening' looks like in the
>morning - a perfectly nice green patch of grass dug up and defaced with
limp
>plants that will not be looked after so will probably soon die. What an
>absolute joke.
>
>--
>By the morning I think it will be back to lovely green grass, enjoy

Marcia

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

Zobo Kolonie wrote in message ...
>Andy wrote in message <8el0er$m49$1...@gxsn.com>...
>>
>>Zobo Kolonie wrote in message ...
>>>Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
>>>War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
>>>You really should be put to death.
>>>Fucking bastards.
>>>

>>Exactly Zobo, not a lot to do with capitalism but any excuse hey...
>>
>Nothing at all... just an excuse for fuckwitted scum to vent some anger
>about them being too dumb to get real jobs.
>
>>Bet they don't have qualms eating in McD's either
>>
>Probably not... I on the other hand have taste and eat fresh food rather
>than the aforementioned shite.
>
>>Just an excuse for being tossers who need to get a life.
>>
>Yup!
>More than that, it really really annoys me... I care about certain things
>and am thoroughly prevented from going on demos any more because wannabe
>anarchists turn up and smash the crap out of everything... The organisers
>are hippy cunts and will not cooperate with the police, hence everyone gets
>tarred with the same brush... time was that demo groups cooperated with the
>police and the trouble makers could be easily removed... of course now, the
>trouble makers are the big thing... so if you attend such a demo you >must<
>approve of such people... hence everyone who attends is liable (quite
>rightly) to imprisonment... hence I can no longer attend since I do not
>approve of such scum.
>
>So there.
>
>ZK
>
>um if you co-operate and tell them your plan, um er they don't let you do
it d'oh

Marcia

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

ickle o'holic wrote in message <8el4d1$f82$1...@quince.news.easynet.net>...

>"Zobo Kolonie" <kol...@popmail.SPAMSUCKSdircon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
>> War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
>> You really should be put to death.
>> Fucking bastards.
>>
>the spray paint on the staute sickened me
>if only because it took the cameras away from from the garden created on
>parliament square
>
>which was never the point of the press being there, only to film a small
amount of trouble makers who always unfortunately turn up and spoil things,
if nothing kicked off it wouldnt be on the news

ickle o'holic

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
"Daniel Brett" <Dan.the....@theseed.net> wrote in message

> ickle o'holic <ickle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > if only because it took the cameras away from from the garden created on
> > parliament square
> It looked a bit like a sand-pit. A very pretty sandpit, though, with a
pond
> in the middle.

you left early then?

Daniel Brett

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
> you left early then?
I left Parliament Square with the samba band, went up Whitehall and into
Trafalgar Square. Then the police lines started to grow along with huge
numbers of police vans. Fearing a police charge or something, I left. I
didn't go for violence with the police, but for a day's activism against
capitalism.

How did it look by the end of the day?

ickle o'holic

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
"Daniel Brett" <Dan.the....@theseed.net> wrote in message
a veritable garden of eden
lots of flowers lots of plants
did you see the tv grave???

i bet the bastard sbullldoze the lot

ickle o'holic

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
"Marcia" <mlab...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> ickle o'holic wrote in message <8el4d1$f82$1...@quince.news.easynet.net>...
> >"Zobo Kolonie" <kol...@popmail.SPAMSUCKSdircon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
> >> War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
> >> You really should be put to death.
> >> Fucking bastards.
> >>
> >the spray paint on the staute sickened me
> >if only because it took the cameras away from from the garden created on
> >parliament square
> >
> >which was never the point of the press being there, only to film a small
> amount of trouble makers who always unfortunately turn up and spoil
things,
> if nothing kicked off it wouldnt be on the news

correct
ain;t seen no footage of the garden yet

Mr Falafel

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
In article <D0oP4.3233$fT4.2...@news.dircon.co.uk>,

"Zobo Kolonie" <kol...@popmail.SPAMSUCKSdircon.co.uk> wrote:
> Andy wrote in message <8el0er$m49$1...@gxsn.com>...
> >
> >Zobo Kolonie wrote in message ...
> >>Defacing the statue of Winston Churchill and the Cenotaph.
> >>War is crap, so what? Doesn't justify your scum bag antics.
> >>You really should be put to death.
> >>Fucking bastards.

...and so you just let them get away with it. Why don't you do
something about it?

I participated with a group 'enforcers' during demo's in San Francisco
years ago. We would identify assholes, photograph them and turn them
over to the police. We would also surround them and make them remove
their masks. It was very effective. Got into a couple of scrapes but it
was worth it. They were too busy fighting us to do damage and sully the
cause of the demo.

Sitting around complaining is counterproductive. It's exactly what
anarchists are expecting you to do. You basically allowed them to smash
stuff up and deface icons.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

tiny

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

> the hemp seeds scattered were industrial seeds
> not pot
> proper hemp
> that you can make clothes from
> that you cam make rope from
> that you can coo with etc etc etc
> you don't get high on hemp
> you make things from it
> you are mixing it up with it;s cousin
>
> and yes if i spread those seeds i would have broken the law

From my earlier wilder days, I understood possession or planting of seeds
was not illegal, as the plant could only contain the relevant drug(s) after
it had 2 leaves. Many a time I got stopped with seeds, loved eating them.

Neil J Cummins

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
In article <8elae6$knj$1...@quince.news.easynet.net>, ickle o'holic
<ickle...@yahoo.com> writes

>"Daniel Brett" <Dan.the....@theseed.net> wrote in message
>> ickle o'holic <ickle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > you left early then?
>> I left Parliament Square with the samba band, went up Whitehall and into
>> Trafalgar Square. Then the police lines started to grow along with huge
>> numbers of police vans. Fearing a police charge or something, I left. I
>> didn't go for violence with the police, but for a day's activism against
>> capitalism.
>>
>> How did it look by the end of the day?
>>
>a veritable garden of eden
>lots of flowers lots of plants
>did you see the tv grave???
>
>i bet the bastard sbullldoze the lot

Why are they bastards for changing it back to how it was - what does
that make you who changed it in the first place. I far prefer it how it
was (and soon will be again) to the building site it appeared to become.

--
Neil Cummins

[destroy]

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
On Tue, 2 May 2000 10:42:27 +0100, ">Kat<" <ka...@lineone.net> wrote:

>All Churchill did was hang on for the Yanks to get their act together.
>He was about a good a prime-minister as his plan for Gallipoli...

Glad someone mentioned Gallipoli.
Whilst reviewing the 80 minutes of video I shot at yesterday's demo,
I noticed that the folks giving Winston a makeover were carrying
Turkish communist flags and banners. Could explain the word 'murderer'
painted on the plinth?

You might want to ask yourselves how old that statue is and which
'much loved' female prime minister ordered it....?

But no excuses for the idiots who did the Cenotaph, double plus
ungood!!

Destroy www.destroy.co.uk

>Kat<

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
On Tue, 2 May 2000 >Kat< sat by the mouse-hole ready to pounce on
[destroy] <des...@altavista.co.uk.slice> who squeaked:

>On Tue, 2 May 2000 10:42:27 +0100, ">Kat<" <ka...@lineone.net> wrote:
>
>>All Churchill did was hang on for the Yanks to get their act together.
>>He was about a good a prime-minister as his plan for Gallipoli...
>
>Glad someone mentioned Gallipoli.
>Whilst reviewing the 80 minutes of video I shot at yesterday's demo,
>I noticed that the folks giving Winston a makeover were carrying
>Turkish communist flags and banners. Could explain the word 'murderer'
>painted on the plinth?

It was indeed a campaign that badly dented the reputation of Churchill.
A British Royal commission later reported that the operation had been
ill-conceived.
--
>Kat<
©

Zobo Kolonie

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
Mr Falafel wrote in message <8elter$5dq$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>...and so you just let them get away with it. Why don't you do
>something about it?
>
>I participated with a group 'enforcers' during demo's in San Francisco
>years ago. We would identify assholes, photograph them and turn them
>over to the police. We would also surround them and make them remove
>their masks. It was very effective. Got into a couple of scrapes but it
>was worth it. They were too busy fighting us to do damage and sully the
>cause of the demo.
>
>Sitting around complaining is counterproductive. It's exactly what
>anarchists are expecting you to do. You basically allowed them to smash
>stuff up and deface icons.

Good point! And one I may well look into when I return from overseas.

ZK

Rafal Heydel-Mankoo

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00

And most historians now agree that Churchill was made the scape goat.
Blame should be placed with Kitchener since he delayed and
procrastinated. If the attack had been launched when Churchill wanted it
would most probably have been a success. During a period of stalemate
Churchill's plan was the one breath of fresh air and new vigour. As it
was the delays caused by Kitchener resulted in failure. Combined with
this Churchill's old friend Lord Fisher turned against him and tried to
destroy his reputation.

>Kat<

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
On Mon, 1 May 2000 >Kat< sat by the mouse-hole ready to pounce on
Steve Pang <stev...@clara.co.uk> who squeaked:

>Defacing the Cenotaph was a disgrace and totally misguided and exactly what
>you'd expect of these people.
There are more important things going on than getting your knickers in a
twist over a couple of bloody stone monuments...
--
©

>Kat<

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
On Mon, 1 May 2000 >Kat< sat by the mouse-hole ready to pounce on
Rafal Heydel-Mankoo <raf...@home.com> who squeaked:

©

>Kat<

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
On Tue, 2 May 2000 >Kat< sat by the mouse-hole ready to pounce on
Rafal Heydel-Mankoo <raf...@home.com> who squeaked:

>">Kat<" wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2 May 2000 >Kat< sat by the mouse-hole ready to pounce on
>> [destroy] <des...@altavista.co.uk.slice> who squeaked:

>> >Glad someone mentioned Gallipoli.
>> >Whilst reviewing the 80 minutes of video I shot at yesterday's demo,
>> >I noticed that the folks giving Winston a makeover were carrying
>> >Turkish communist flags and banners. Could explain the word 'murderer'
>> >painted on the plinth?
>>
>> It was indeed a campaign that badly dented the reputation of Churchill.
>> A British Royal commission later reported that the operation had been
>> ill-conceived.
>> --
>
>And most historians now agree that Churchill was made the scape goat.
>Blame should be placed with Kitchener since he delayed and
>procrastinated. If the attack had been launched when Churchill wanted it
>would most probably have been a success. During a period of stalemate
>Churchill's plan was the one breath of fresh air and new vigour. As it
>was the delays caused by Kitchener resulted in failure. Combined with
>this Churchill's old friend Lord Fisher turned against him and tried to
>destroy his reputation.
But who was in charge?
--
©