Problems with wikipedia

childadvocate

Jul 26, 2009, 6:00:55 PM7/26/09
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/22/wikipedia_vandalism_crackdown/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/06/wikipedia_and_overstock/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomis
http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2005/12/69880
There have been problems with wikipedia in the past that have found it
to be an unreliable source of information and editor bias can help
shape articles to the views of the more powerful editors there.

These problems include:

Wikipedia 'shows CIA page edits'
An online tool that claims to reveal the identity of organisations
that edit Wikipedia pages has revealed that the CIA was involved in
editing entries.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/22/wikipedia_vandalism_crackdown/
Jimbo Wales ends death by Wikipedia
Kennedy murder shames online cult
By Cade Metz in San Francisco
On Tuesday afternoon, following a Washington luncheon celebrating the
inauguration of President Barack Obama, longtime US Senators Ted
Kennedy and Robert Byrd kicked the proverbial bucket. At least, that's
what happened in Wikiland. In our world, they're still among the
living.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/06/wikipedia_and_overstock/
Wikipedia is not a democracy. But the totalitarian attitudes of the
site's ruling clique go much further than Jimbo cares to acknowledge.
In early September, the Wikipedia inner circle banned edits from 1,000
homes and one massive online retailer in an attempt to suppress the
voice of one man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomis
Bomis is a dot-com company founded in 1996. Its primary business is
the sale of advertising on the Bomis.com search portal. It was founded
by Jimmy Wales and Tim Shell, and provided support for the free
encyclopedia projects Nupedia and Wikipedia....
Bomis ran a website called Bomis Premium at premium.bomis.com until
2005, offering customers access to premium, X-rated[3] pornographic
content.

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2005/12/69880
Wales has also repeatedly revised the description of a search site he
founded called Bomis, which included a section with adult photos
called "Bomis Babes."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/corrections/jimmy-wales-1624615.html

Nigel Oldfield

Jul 26, 2009, 6:19:24 PM7/26/09

agnon

Jul 27, 2009, 6:36:39 PM7/27/09
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:00:55 -0700, childadvocate wrote:

> There have
> been problems with wikipedia in the past that have found it to be an
> unreliable source of information and editor bias can help shape articles

...Canvassing for your crackpot bullshit POV to be kludged into any
article you can isn't going to help any with reliable sources, eh?

Take it to wikipediareview website, where you'll get a sympathetic ear.
Or encyclopedia dramatica, where they'll mock you and call you names.

agnon

Jul 27, 2009, 6:38:19 PM7/27/09
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:00:55 -0700, childadvocate wrote:

> These problems include:

Also, you provide a whole page of wikipedia fuck-ups, and yet you're so
dumb you got banned.

Go read the five pillars, especially the few actual rules, and use those
to push your wacky POV.

childadvocate

Aug 7, 2009, 7:37:44 PM8/7/09
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/ritualabuse-us-blacklisted-by-wikipedia/
Thanks Nigel. Wikipedia is not peer reviewed, has no guarantee of fact
checking or accuracy and has anonymous editors with unknown
credentials and possible hidden conflicts of interest.

Child pornography is unfortunately a billion dollar industry and the
spinning of facts of high profile child abuse cases the last twenty
years to make even those convicted and still in jail look innocent
appears to have taken over many parts of wikipedia and its articles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomis
Bomis is a dot-com company founded in 1996. Its primary business is
the sale of advertising on the Bomis.com search portal. It was founded
by Jimmy Wales and Tim Shell, and provided support for the free
encyclopedia projects Nupedia and Wikipedia....
Bomis ran a website called Bomis Premium at premium.bomis.com until
2005, offering customers access to premium, X-rated[3] pornographic
content.

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2005/12/69880
Wales has also repeatedly revised the description of a search site he
founded called Bomis, which included a section with adult photos
called "Bomis Babes."

Wikipedia and Beyond
Jimmy Wales' sprawling vision
Katherine Mangu-Ward | June 2007 Print Edition
"Wales moved to Chicago and became a futures and options trader. After
six years of betting on interest rates and currency fluctuations, he
made enough money to pay the mortgage for the rest of his life. In
1998 he moved to San Diego and started a Web portal, Bomis, which
featured, among other things, a "guy-oriented search engine" and
pictures of scantily clad women. The en déshabillé ladies have since
caused trouble for Wales, who regularly fields questions about his
former life as a "porn king." In a typically blunt move, Wales often
responds to criticism of his Bomis days by sending reporters links to
Yahoo's midget porn category page. If he was a porn king, he suggests,
so is the head of the biggest Web portal in the world.
Bomis didn't make it big-it was no Yahoo-but in March 2000 the site
hosted Nupedia, Wales' first attempt to build a free online
encyclopedia. Wales hired Larry Sanger, at the time a doctoral
candidate in philosophy at Ohio State, to edit encyclopedia articles
submitted voluntarily by scholars, and to manage a multistage peer
review process."
"Wikipedia does fail sometimes. The most famous controversy over its
accuracy boiled over when John Seigenthaler Sr., a former assistant to
Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, wrote about his own Wikipedia
entry in a November 2005 USA Today op-ed. The entry on Seigenthaler
included a claim that he had been involved in both Kennedy
assassinations. "We live in a universe of new media," wrote
Seigenthaler, "with phenomenal opportunities for worldwide
communications and research-but populated by volunteer vandals with
poison-pen intellects." The false claim had been added to the entry as
a prank in May 2005. When Seigenthaler contacted Wikipedia about the
error in October, Wales personally took the unusual step of removing
the false allegations from the editing history on the page, wiping out
the publicly accessible records of the error.
"Wikipedia's other major scandal hasn't been quite as easy for Wales
to laugh off, because he was the culprit. In 2005 he was caught with
his hand on the edit button, taking advantage of Wikipedia's open
editing policy to remove Larry Sanger from the encyclopedia's official
history of itself. There has been an ongoing controversy about Wales'
attempts to edit his own Wikipedia entry, which is permitted but
considered extremely bad form. After a round of negative publicity
when the edits were discovered, Wales stopped editing his own profile.
But in the site's discussion pages, using the handle "Jimbo Wales," he
can be found trying to persuade others to make changes on this and
other topics."
http://www.reason.com/news/show/119689.html

childadvocate

Aug 7, 2009, 7:42:39 PM8/7/09
It appears that anyone that attempts to edit some of the child abuse
cases with reliable sources,

that opposes the view that these crimes did not occur, even with
reliable sources,

is either banned, threatened with banning or attacked.

Banning four major websites that contain child abuse peer reviewed
journal article and mainstream news accounts appears to continue the
trend of censoring of those sources sympathetic to fact that these
children were abused.

Ritualabuse.us has been blacklisted from wikipedia with three other
sites with evidence of child abuse and ritual abuse crimes against
children. http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/ritualabuse-us-blacklisted-by-wikipedia/
We are recommending that people do not use wikipedia as a resource
until all four sites are removed from the blacklist. We are also
recommending that people write wikipedia and let others know about
this.

childadvocate

Aug 7, 2009, 7:45:53 PM8/7/09
Here's an article with many peer reviewed journal articles and news
accounts backing the existence of child abuse cirmes. Several editors
attempted unsuccessfully to get these into the article.

Ritual Abuse - From the Child Abuse Wiki

http://childabusewiki.org/index.php?title=Ritual_Abuse
copied with permission

Ritual abuse exists all over the world. There have been reports,
journal articles[1][2][3], web pages[4][5][6][7][8][9] and criminal
convictions of crimes against children and adults [10][11][12].

Contents
* 1 Definition
* 2 Origins of the term
* 3 Evidence
* 4 References
* 5 Bibliography
* 6 External Links

Definition

Ritual abuse has been defined as:

a brutal form of abuse of children, adolescents, and adults,
consisting of physical, sexual, and psychological abuse, and involving
the use of rituals. Ritual does not necessarily mean satanic. However,
most survivors state that they were ritually abused as part of satanic
worship for the purpose of indoctrinating them into satanic beliefs
and practices. Ritual abuse rarely consists of a single episode. It
usually involves repeated abuse over an extended period of time. The
physical abuse is severe, sometimes including torture and killing. The
sexual abuse is usually painful, sadistic, and humiliating, intended
as means of gaining dominance over the victim. The psychological abuse
is devastating and involves the use of ritual/indoctrination, which
includes mind control techniques and mind altering drugs, and ritual/
intimidation which conveys to the victim a profound terror of the cult
members and of the evil spirits they believe cult members can command.
Both during and after the abuse, most victims are in a state of
terror, mind control, and dissociation in which disclosure is
exceedingly difficult.[13]

and as

WHAT IS RITUAL ABUSE? (BROAD DEFINITION) Ritual abuse is the abuse
of a child, weaker adult, or animal in a ritual setting or manner. In
a broad sense, many of our overtly or covertly socially sanctioned
actions can be seen as ritual abuse, such as military basic training,
hazing, racism, spanking children, and partner-battering. Some abuse
is private...some public. Public ritual abuse may be either open or
secret. WHAT IS RITUAL ABUSE? (NARROW DEFINITION) The term ritual
abuse is generally used to mean prolonged, extreme, sadistic abuse,
especially of children, within a group setting. The group's ideology
is used to justify the abuse, and abuse is used to teach the group's
ideology. The activities are kept secret from society at large, as
they violate norms and laws.[14]

Origins of the term

Pazder introduced the term "ritualized abuse" in 1980, describing the
experiences of an adult survivor that was disclosing satanic abuse
memories. He defined the phenomenon as "repeated physical, emotional,
mental, and spiritual assaults combined with a systematic use of
symbols, ceremonies, and machinations designed and orchestrated to
attain malevolent effects." Later definitions came mostly from
professionals addressing ritual abuse in child care settings.
Finkelhor, Williams, Burns, and Kalinowski elaborated on Pazder's
definition, defining ritual abuse as "abuse that occurs in a context
linked to some symbols or group activity that have a religious,
magical or supernatural connotation, and where the invocation of these
symbols or activities are repeated over time and used to frighten and
intimidate the children." Kelley referred to ritual abuse as the
"repetitive and systematic sexual, physical, and psychological abuse
of children by adults as part of cult or satanic worship"[15].

Evidence

There is a great deal of evidence supporting the existence of ritual
abuse crimes as a worldwide phenomenon. Bottoms, Shaver and Goodman
found in their 1993 study evaluating ritual abuse claims that in 2,292
alleged ritual abuse cases, 15% of the perpetrators in adult cases and
30% of the perpetrators in child cases confessed to the abuse[16]. "In
a survey of 2,709 members of the American Psychological Association,
it was found that 30 percent of these professionals had seen cases of
ritual or religion-related abuse (Bottoms, Shaver & Goodman, 1991). Of
those psychologists who have seen cases of ritual abuse, 93 percent
believed that the reported harm took place and 93 percent believed
that the alleged ritualism occurred....The similar research of Nancy
Perry (1992) which further supports (the previous findings)…Perry also
conducted a national survey of therapists who work with clients with
dissociative disorders and she found that 88 percent of the 1,185
respondents indicated ”belief in ritual abuse, involving mind control
and programming”[17].

Recently an online survey[18] of over one thousand people answered
questions about ritual abuse and extreme abuse crimes. In a summary of
the survey [19], it was found that ritual abuse/mind control is a
global phenomenon. Fifty-five percent stated they were abuse in a
Satanic cult. Seventy-seven percent of the adult survivors that
responded "had been threatened with death if they ever talked about
the abuse." Also, "257 respondents reported that secret mind control
experiments were used on them as children." Eighty-two percent
reported being sexually abused by multiple perpetrators.

Anne Johnson Davis in her book Hell Minus One reported that her
parents confessed to her abuse in writing and verbally to clergymen,
and to the detectives from the Utah Attorney General’s Office. Her
suppressed memories started when she was in her mid-30s, which were
fully substantiated by her mother and stepfather[20][21].
Many scientific journals articles have discussed the reality of ritual
abuse and its effect on its victims. Some of these articles have
discussed the extreme nature of these crimes[22], proof of the reality
of the ritual abuse phenomenon and victims' symptoms[23], the
connection between ritual abuse, multiple personality disorder and
mind control[24] and the connections between ritual abuse reports and
the higher levels of symptoms of childhood sexual and physical abuse
[25]. Several additional studies and organizations have compiled
research on the reality of ritual abuse crimes[26][27][28].

Ritual abuse and mind control crimes have also been confirmed in other
books[29][30].

A study which identified 270 cases of sexual abuse in day care
settings found that allegations of ritual abuse occurred in thirteen
percent of the cases[31]. Additional evidence of ritual abuse in day
care and child abuse cases has been found in news reports, journal
articles and legal transcripts[32][33][34][35][36][37].

Ritual abuse occurrences have also been found in the Netherlands[38]
and England[39]. Reports of ritual abuse have also been found in
multiple personality disorder sufferers[15]. Kent believes that
intergenerational satanic accounts are possible and that rituals
related to them may come from a deviant interpretation of religious
texts[40][41]. Others have stated that the theories and research
around recovered memory "strongly confirm the reality of...cult abuse"
of SRA survivors[42].

References

1. Satanic Ritual Abuse evidence
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/studies/satanic-ritual-abuse-evidence-with-information-on-the-mcmartin-preschool-case/
2. 2008 Publications on Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
http://www.endritualabuse.org/citation%202.htm
3. Lacter, E (2008-02-11). “Brief Synopsis of the Literature on
the Existence of Ritualistic Abuse”. http://endritualabuse.org/Brief%20Synopsis.htm
4. http://ritualabuse.us
5. http://www.ritualabusetorture.org/
6. http://www.ra-info.org
7. http://www.survivorship.org
8. http://theawarenesscenter.org/ritualabuse.html
9. http://www.endritualabuse.org/
10. Believe the children (1997). “Conviction List: Ritual Child
Abuse”. http://www.ra-info.org/resources/ra_cases.shtml
11. The Satanism and Ritual Abuse Archive http://www.endritualabuse.org/ritualabusearchive.htm
12. Noblitt, PhD, J. R. - An Empirical Look at the Ritual Abuse
Controversy (2007)
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/an-empirical-look-at-the-ritual-abuse-controversy-randy-noblitt-phd/
13. Report of the Ritual Abuse Task Force - Los Angeles County
Commission for Women "Mind control is the cornerstone of ritual abuse,
the key element in the subjugation and silencing of its victims.
Victims of ritual abuse are subjected to a rigorously applied system
of mind control designed to rob them of their sense of free will and
to impose upon them the will of the cult and its leaders. Most often
these ritually abusive cults are motivated by a satanic belief system
[only on the surface.] The mind control is achieved through an
elaborate system of brainwashing, programming, indoctrination,
hypnosis, and the use of various mind-altering drugs. The purpose of
the mind control is to compel ritual abuse victims to keep the secret
of their abuse, to conform to the beliefs and behaviors of the cult,
and to become functioning members who serve the cult by carrying out
the directives of its leaders without being detected within society at
large." http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/report-of-the-ritual-abuse-task-force-los-angeles-county-commission-for-women/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/ra.htm
14. Survivorship - Frequently Asked Questions http://www.survivorship.org/faq.html
15. a b Van Benschoten, Susan C. (1990). Multiple Personality
Disorder and Satanic Ritual Abuse: the Issue Of Credibility
Dissociation Vol. III, No. 1 "A large number of adult MPD patients in
psychotherapy are reporting memories of explicitly satanic ritual
abuse beginning in childhood. The authors of two limited surveys,
conducted with a select group of MPD therapists, suggest the
percentage of reported satanic ritual abuse in the MPD population to
be 20% (Braun & Gray, 1986) and 28% (Braun & Gray, 1987). A survey by
Kaye and Klein (1987) reveals that 20 of the 42 MPD patients in
treatment with seven Ohio therapists describe a history of satanic
ritual abuse. Ilopponen (1987) states that 38 of the more than 70 MPD
patients she has treated report memories of "satanic-type ritualized
abuse " (p. 11). Two inpatient facilities specializing in the
treatment of MPD report that approximately 50% of their patients
disclose memories of satanic ritual abuse (Braun, 1989a; Ganaway,
1989). Similar accounts of satanic ritual abuse are being reported by
personally unrelated MPD patients from across the United States
(Braun, 1989b; Braun & Sachs, 1988; Kahaner, 1988; Sachs & Braun,
1987). In addition, according to Braun (1989b), the reports of
patients in this country are similar to data collected from adult
survivors in England, Holland, Germany, France, Canada, and
Mexico...Brown (1986), noting many similar allegations in child and
adult satanic ritual abuse accounts, suggests that reports are not
only comparable across geographical and personal boundaries, but
across generations as well."
http://www.empty-memories.nl/dis_90/vanbenschoten_sra.pdf
16. Data from Brown, Scheflin and Hammond (1998).”Memory, Trauma
Treatment, And the Law” (W. W. Norton) ISBN 0-393-70254-5 (p.62)
Bottoms, B. Shaver, P. & Goodman, G. (1993) Profile of ritual abuse
and religion related abuse allegations in the United States. Updated
findings provided via personal communication from B. Bottoms. Cited in
K.C. Faller (1994), Ritual Abuse; A Review of the research. The
American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children Advisor , 7, 1,
19-27
17. Noblitt, J.R.; Perskin, P. (2000). Cult and Ritual Abuse: Its
History, Anthropology, and Recent Discovery in Contemporary America p.
269, Greenwood Publishing Group. http://books.google.com/books?id=zJkTTpfyJ-8C
18. Extreme Abuse Survey http://extreme-abuse-survey.net/
19. Understanding ritual trauma: A comparison of findings from
three online surveys
http://ritualabuse.us/mindcontrol/eas-studies/understanding-ritual-trauma-a-comparison-of-findings-from-three-online-surveys/
20. Johnson Davis, Anne Hell Minus One: My Story of Deliverance
From Satanic Ritual Abuse and My Journey to Freedom Transcript
Bulletin Publishing - ISBN 978-0-9788348-0-7 - 2008 http://www.hellminusone.com/
21. Hell Minus One - signed verified confessions of satanic ritual
abuse
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/survivor-stories/hell-minus-one-signed-verified-confessions-of-satanic-ritual-abuse/

22. Cozolino, L.J. (1990). “Ritual child abuse, psychopathology, and
evil”. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 18(3):218-227 "Ritualistic
abuse is an extreme form of psychological, physical, and sexual
maltreatment of children in the context of "religious" ceremony. The
clinical presentation of the victims of such abuse is complex and
raises many issues related in the diagnosis and treatment of
psychopathology as well as the importance of spiritual counseling"
https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt
23. Cozolino, L.J.; Shaffer, R.E (Fall 1992) "Adults who report
childhood ritualistic abuse." Special Issue: Satanic ritual abuse: The
current state of knowledge. Journal of Psychology and Theology 20(3)
"Skeptics question the legitimacy of these reports, but many factors
point to the reality of the phenomenon of ritualistic abuse. First of
all, the degree of consistency between reports of individuals from
different parts of the country is very high. The fact that children as
young as 2 and 3 report ritualistic abuse experiences that mirror
those reported by adult victims is especially striking in light of the
fact that young children do not have access to the kind of printed
information that might conceivably allow an older person to fabricate
such experiences (Gould, 1987). Second, experiences of ritualistic
abuse reported by victims of all ages are virtually identical to
written historical accounts of Satan worship and the like (Hill &
Goodwin, 1989; Russell, 1972), findings that substantiate our present-
day understanding of Satanism and ritualistic abuse as
intragenerational phenomenon. Third, the symptoms from which
individuals reporting histories of ritualistic abuse tend to suffer
are consistent with our current understanding of post-traumatic stress
disorder and the dissociative disorders. The progression in which
ritualistic abuse survivors respond to psychotherapy places these
victims squarely within the category of individual who have suffered
real-not imagined-trauma." https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt
24. Gould, C., & Cozolino, L. (1992) “Ritual abuse, multiplicity,
and mind-control.” Special Issue: Satanic ritual abuse: The current
state of knowledge. Journal of Psychology and Theology 20(3):194-6 "As
a result of the psychologically intolerable nature of their early
childhood experiences, victims of ritual abuse frequently develop
multiple personality disorder (MPD)....Ritual abuse is conducted on
behalf of a cult whose purpose is to establish mind control over the
victims. Thus, these perpetrators have a conscious motive for the
abuse beyond compulsively repeating their own childhood abuse in an
effort to gain mastery over the original trauma. Most victims state
that they were ritually abused as part of satanic worship, for the
purpose of indoctrinating them into satanic beliefs (Los Angeles
County Commission for Women, 1989). Mind control is originally
established when the victim is a child under 6 years old."
https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt
25. Lawrence, K.J.; Cozolino, L.; Foy, D.W. (1995). Psychological
sequelae in adult females reporting childhood ritualistic abuse. Child
Abuse & Neglect 19 (8): 975-984. doi:10.1016/0145-2134(95)00059-H.
"Women reporting ritualistic features scored significantly higher on
measures of childhood sexual and physical abuse. Neither PTSD
diagnostic status nor severity for PTSD nor dissociative experiences
were significantly different between the groups."
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V7N-3YB56DX-1X&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=b9a75a7e349d4efe5a11ed205f736cf5
26. Gould, C. (1995). Denying ritual abuse of children. Journal of
Psychohistory, 22(3), 329-339. "The evidence is rapidly accumulating
that the problem of ritual abuse is considerable in scope and
extremely grave in its consequences Among 2,709 members of the
American Psychological Association who responded to a poll, 2,292
cases of ritual abuse were reported (Bottoms, Shaver, & Goodman,
1993). In 1992 alone, Childhelp USA logged 1,741 calls pertaining to
ritual abuse, Monarch Resources of Los Angeles logged approximately
5,000, Real Active Survivors tallied nearly 3,600, Justus Unlimited of
Colorado received almost 7,000, and Looking Up of Maine handled around
6,000. Even allowing for some of these calls to have been made by
people who assist survivors but arc not themselves survivors, and for
some survivors to have called more that one helpline or made multiple
calls to the same helpline, these numbers suggest that at a minimum
there must be tens of thousands of survivors of ritual abuse in the
United States. Evidence also continues to accumulate that the ritual
abuse of children constitutes a child abuse problem of significant
scope. In 1988, Finkelhor, Williams and Burns published the results of
a nationwide study of substantiated reports of sexual abuse in day
care involving 1,639 young child victims. Thirteen percent of these
cases were found to involve ritual abuse. Other studies of ritually
abused children have been relatively small. Kelly (1988; 1989; 1992a;
1992b; 1993) reported on 35 day care victims of ritual abuse, Waterman
et al. (1993) reported on 82 children complaining of ritual abuse in
preschool, Faller (1988; 1990) studied 18 children who had disclosed
ritual abuse in their preschool, and Bybee and Mowbray (1993) from the
Michigan State Department of Mental Health identified 62 children
alleging ritual abuse in their preschool and 53 children who reported
seeing others be ritually abused. Snow and Sorenson (1990) studied 39
children reporting ritual abuse in five neighborhoods in Utah, and
Jonker and Jonker-Bakker (1991) reported on a total group of 98
children, at least 48 of whom were believed to be victims of ritual
abuse. The latter case is the only one cited here which was conducted
outside of the United States."
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/denying-ritual-abuse-of-children-catherine-gould/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/denyra.htm
27. Paley, K. (June 1992). Dream wars: a case study of a woman with
multiple personality disorder(PDF). Dissociation 5 (2): 111-116.
"Apologists believe that reports of satanic cult abuse either must or
could be true. There is some evidence to support the apologists. In
1986, the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts in Commonwealth v.
Drew (397 Mass. 65) upheld the conviction of Carl H. Drew for the
murder of Karen Marsden. There was evidence that Drew conducted
satanic ritual meetings and that he had killed Marsden "because she
wanted to leave the cult " (Commonworth v. Drew, 1986, p. 66). Marsden
had gone to the police and reported a human sacrifice. Scott
Waterhouse was convicted of the murder of a twelve year-old girl, and
the conviction was upheld in the State of Maine v. Scott Waterhouse
(513 A. 2d 862, Me. 1986). It was ruled that the trial court's
introduction of the defendant's satanic beliefs was relevant in
establishing motive and intent. In a study of hundreds of day care
centers, Finkelhor and Williams found that "... [c] lear-cut
corroboration of ritualistic practices was available in a few cases,
such as Country Walk [in Miami], where ritual objects were found by
police and where the female perpetrators did admit to some of the
sadistic practices alleged in the children's stories" (1988, pp.
59-60). Greaves (1992) describes a video made by the Chicago Police
Department of two sites allegedly used for satanic ceremonies. He was
struck by the similarity of the material to descriptions he had heard
from many of his clients.
28. Report of Utah State Task Force on Ritual Abuse Utah Governor’s
Commission for Women and Families (1992)
https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/bitstream/1794/1646/1/Diss_5_2_9_OCR.pdf
29. Secret Weapons - Two Sisters’ Terrifying True Story of Sex,
Spies and Sabotage by Cheryl and Lynn Hersha with Dale Griffis, Ph D.
and Ted Schwartz. New Horizon Press, P O Box 669 Far Hills, NJ 07931 -
ISBN0-88282-196-2 "“By the time Cheryl Hersha came to the facility,
knowledge of multiple personality was so complete that doctors
understood how the mind separated into distinct ego states,each
unaware of the other. First, the person traumatized had to be both
extremely intelligent and under the age of seven, two conditions not
yet understood though remaining consistent as factors. The trauma was
almost always of a sexual nature…” p. 52 “The government
researchers,aware of the information in the professional journals,
decided to reverse the process (of healing from hysteric
dissociation). They decided to use selective trauma on healthy
children to create personalities capable of committing acts desired
for national security and defense.” p. 53 - 54
30. Rutz, Carol (2001). A Nation Betrayed. Grass Lake, MI:
Fidelity Publishing. ISBN 0-9710102-0-X. http://my.dmci.net/~casey/
31. Sexual Abuse in Day Care: A National Study - Executive Summary -
March 1988 - Finklehor, Williams, Burns, Kalinowski
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80/1c/82/61.pdf
"“The study identified 270 “cases” of sexual abuse in day care meaning
270 facilities where substantiated abuse had occurred involving a
total of 1639 victimized children….This yielded an estimate of 500 to
550 reported and substantiated cases and 2500 victims for the three-
year period. Although this is a large number, it must be put in the
context of 229,000 day care facilities nationwide service seven
million children…allegations of ritual abuse (”the invocation of
religious, magical or supernatural symbols of activities”) occurred in
13% of the cases.”
32. Day Care and Child Abuse Cases Information on the McMartin
Preschool Case, Michelle Remembers, the Fells Acres - Amirault Case,
the Wenatchee, Washington Case, the Dale Akiki Case, the Glendale
Montessori - Toward case, the Little Rascals Day Care Center case,
Fran’s Day Care case, the Baran case and the Halsey case
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/day-care-and-child-abuse-cases/
33. McMartin Preschool Case - What Really Happened and the Coverup
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/mcmartin-preschool-case-what-really-happened-and-the-coverup/
34. Archaeological Investigations of the McMartin Preschool Site
http://www.scribd.com/doc/10252626/Archaeological-Investigations-of-the-McMartin-Preschool-Site-by-E-Gary-Stickel-PhD
35. deMause, Lloyd, Why Cults Terrorize and Kill Children The
Journal of Psychohistory 21 (4) 1994 [4]"
"Cult abuse is increasing, only that-as with the increase in all child
abuse reports-we have become more open to hearing them. But it seemed
unlikely that the surge of cult memories could all be made up by
patients or implanted by therapists. Therapists are a timid group at
best, and the notion that they suddenly begin implanting false
memories in tens of thousands of their clients for no apparent reason
strained credulity. Certainly no one has presented a shred of evidence
for massive "false memory" implantations."
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/why-cults-terrorize-and-kill-children-lloyd-demause-the-journal-of-psychohistory/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/whycult.htm
36. Summit, R.C. (1994). The Dark Tunnels of McMartin Journal of
Psychohistory 21 (4): 397-416. “The opportunity came in April, 1990
with permission from the new owner of the preschool to search for the
tunnels before he demolished the building and redeveloped the
property. These soiled but solid citizens managed to find what the
district attorney had disclaimed: solid, scientific evidence that
someone had not only dug tunnels under the preschool, but also had
taken the trouble to try to undo them. The results of this definitive
excavation are described in meticulous detail in the 185 page Report
of the Archaeological Excavation of the McMartin Preschool Site by E.
Gary Stickel, Ph.D., the UCLA archaeologist commissioned to do the
study....Dr. Stickel's report (p.95) concludes: There is no other
scenario that fits all of the facts except that the feature was indeed
a tunnel. The date of the construction and use of the tunnel was not
absolutely established, but an assessment of seven factors of data all
indicate that it was probably constructed, used and completely filled
back in after 1966 (the construction date of the preschool). This age
assessment has also been corroborated by the consulting Geologist for
the project, Dr. Don Michael.”
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/the-dark-tunnels-of-mcmartin-dr-roland-c-summit-journal-of-psychohistory/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/mcmartin.htm
37. Tamarkin, C. (1994a). Investigative Issues in Ritual Abuse
Cases, Part I. Treating Abuse Today, 4 (4): 14-23. Tamarkin, C.
(1994b). Investigative Issues in Ritual Abuse Cases, Part II. Treating
Abuse Today, 4 (5): 5-9.
http://abusearticles.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/investigative-issues-in-ritual-abuse-cases-part-1-and-2-1994/
38. Jonker, F.; Jonker-bakker, P. (1991). “Experiences with
ritualist child sexual abuse: a case study from the Netherlands”.
Child Abuse and Neglect 15: 191-196. doi:10.1016/0145-2134(91)90064-K.
PMID 2043971 "The case of apparent ritual sexual abuse of children in
a community in the Netherlands is described in terms of the children's
stories, behaviors, and physical symptoms and the community's reaction
to reactions of police and other professionals."
http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=EJ429991&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=EJ429991
39. Sinason, V (1994). Treating Survivors of Satanist Abuse. New
York: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-10543-9. Major publications by Valerie
Sinason http://www.valeriesinason.com/PublicationsVSinason.htm
40. Kent, Stephen. (1993). “Deviant Scripturalism and Ritual
Satanic Abuse Part One: Possible Judeo-Christian Influences”. Religion
23(23):229-241.
41. Kent, Stephen. (1993). “Deviant Scripturalism and Ritual
Satanic Abuse. II: Possible Masonic, Mormon, Magick, and Pagan
influences”. Religion 23(4):355-367
42. McCulley, D. “Satanic ritual abuse: A question of
memory.”Journal of Psychology and Theology Fall 1994 22(3) p.167-172
"leading memory researchers such as Dr. Bessel van der Kolk of Harvard
Medical School maintain that traumatic memories, which typically are
engraved in the sensorimotor processes, are not subject to the same
kinds of contamination that can affect normal memory. Traumatic
amnesia, described in the DSM-III-R as psychogenic amnesia, is a
phenomenon which has been known to mental health professionals for
more than 100 years. The clinically observed characteristics of
traumatic memory formation and retrieval match precisely the patterns
of memory recovery exhibited by SRA survivors, and strongly confirm
the reality of their cult abuse....If satanic ritual abuse is a
question of memory, the data redound to the credibility of those
thousands of individuals who identify themselves as SRA survivors. All
the scientific studies of memory under trauma indicate that the
bimodal response described by van der Kolk (1994), whether
hyperpotentiated or dissociative, heightens the reliability of recall.
The phenomenon of recovered memory is not a new therapeutic fad
created by irresponsible clinical experimentation, but a well
established aspect of trauma. The connection between trauma and memory
disturbance is made clear by the definition of psychogenic amnesia in
the DSM-III-R (1987)...Further, there often is corroboration for these
retrieved memories. Judith Herman and Emily Schatzow (1992) found that
in a sample of 53 women who disclosed memories of abuse for which they
had been amnesic, 74% of the subjects were able to find independent
confirmation from family members, pornographic photos, or diaries.
Ivor Browne (1990a) found the "internal consistency of the traumatic
account" persuasive, and also discovered that in the sizeable minority
of cases where there was an available witness that "in every instance,
the traumatic events . turn out to be true" (p. 30). There is no
longer room for denial and disbelief - for evading the grim reality of
SRA - by recourse to memory research which simply does not apply.
Solid scientific inquiry does not allow us that luxury; neither should
Christian conscience." https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Bibliography

* Brown, Scheflin and Hammond (1998).”Memory, Trauma Treatment,
And the Law” (W. W. Norton) ISBN 0-393-70254-5
* Cook, C. (1991). Understanding ritual abuse: A study of thirty-
three ritual abuse survivors. Treating Abuse Today, 1(4), 14-19.
* Gould, Catherine. (1992) “Ritual abuse, multiplicity, and mind-
control.” Special Issue: Satanic ritual abuse: The current state of
knowledge. Journal of Psychology and Theology 20(3):194-6
* Hersha, C.; Hersha, L.; Griffis, D.; Schwarz, T (2001). Secret
Weapons. Far Hills, NJ: New Horizon Press. ISBN 0-88282-196-2.
* Hill, J. “Believing Rachel” The Journal of Psychohistory 24 (2)
Fall 1996
"Rachel's story is one of suffering, courage and hope. As a young
child she was the victim of unspeakable crimes, but because she
received therapy and the support of a loving family, she has emerged
intact." http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/believing-rachel-jeanne-hill-the-journal-of-psychohistory/
* Johnston, Jerry (1989). The Edge of Evil - The Rise of Satanism
in North America. Dallas: Word Publishing. ISBN 0-8499-0668-7.
* Jonker, F and Jonker-Bakker, I. (1997). “Effects of Ritual
Abuse: The results of three surveys in the Netherlands.” Child Abuse &
Neglect 21(6):541-556
* Kent, Stephen. (1994). “Diabolic Debates: A Reply to David
Frankfurter and J. S. La Fontaine,” Religion 24: 135-188.
* Kent, Stephen. (1993). “Deviant Scripturalism and Ritual Satanic
Abuse Part One: Possible Judeo-Christian Influences”. Religion 23(23):
229-241.
* Kent, Stephen. (1993). “Deviant Scripturalism and Ritual Satanic
Abuse. II: Possible Masonic, Mormon, Magick, and Pagan influences”.
Religion 23(4):355-367
* Leavitt, Frank. Measuring the impact of media exposure and
hospital treatment on patients alleging satanic ritual abuse. Treating
Abuse Today 8(4) 1998 pp. 7-13 "This study provides evidence that
clients who report SRA exhibit a set of associations to SRA-related
words that cannot be explained by exposure to the popular media or
from inpatient treatment." http://web.archive.org/web/20000306224228/http://idealist.com/tat/leavitt.shtml
* Neswald, D., Gould, C., & Graham-Costain, V. (1991). Common
programs observed in survivors of Satanic ritual abuse. The California
Therapist, 3 (5), 47 50. "Increasingly, cases of Multiple Personality
Disorder (MPD) and Satanic Ritualistic Abuse (SRA) are being reported
in the psychotherapeutic community. Though controversy concerning
authenticity remains, such cases are slowly gaining in acceptability
as a genuine social and psychopathological phenomenon. Concurrently,
the etiological underpinnings and treatment demands of these special
patients are being unraveled and understood as never before. As a
result, it is becoming increasingly clear that perhaps the most
demanding treatment aspects of such cases concern the problems posed
by what is known as "cult programming."
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/common-programs-observed-in-survivors-of-satanic-ritualistic-abuse/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/sracp.htm
* Noblitt, J.R.; Perskin, P. (2000). Cult and Ritual Abuse: Its
History, Anthropology, and Recent Discovery in Contemporary America p.
269, Greenwood Publishing Group. http://books.google.com/books?id=zJkTTpfyJ-8C
* Noblitt, R.; Perskin, P. (2008). Ritual abuse in the 21st
century p. 552, Bandon, OR: Reed Publishers.
http://www.rdrpublishers.com/catalog/item/6339393/5820690.htm
* Pike, P.L.; Mohline, R.J.(Eds.). Ritual abuse and recovery:
Survivors' personal accounts. Journal of Psychology and Theology
Spring 1995 23 (1) p.45-55 https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt
* Sachs, A. & Galton, G. (Eds) (2008). Forensic Aspects of
Dissociative Identity Disorder London: Karnac. Chapters include
discussions on ritual abuse, dissociative identity disorder, mind
control, extreme abuse, survivor accounts and criminal convictions
http://www.karnacbooks.com/product.php?PID=25876
http://books.google.com/books?id=upHtL9lual0C&dq=Forensic+aspects+of+dissociative+identity+disorder+|&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=caNy__6-zt&sig=VwIOryBkcSN0nh24CJR3aJkS_gs&hl=en&ei=702fSbmpOo_ftgfe5eSVDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA142,M1
* Scott, S. (2001). The politics and experience of ritual abuse:
beyond disbelief. Open University Press. ISBN 0335204198.
http://www.amazon.com/Politics-Experience-Ritual-Abuse/dp/0335204198
* Smith, Margaret. (1993). Ritual Abuse: What it Is, why it
Happens, and how to Help by Margaret - HarperCollins
* Waterman, Jill; Kelly, Robert J.;Oliveri, M. K.;and McCord, Jane
(1993). Behind the Playground Walls - Sexual Abuse in Preschools. New
York, London: The Guilford Press, 284-8. ISBN 0-89862-523-8.
* Young, Walter C., Sachs, Roberta G., Braun, Bennett G., and
Watkins, R. T. (1993) “Patients reporting ritual abuse in childhood: A
clinical syndrome. Report of 37 cases.” Child Abuse and Neglect 15(3):
181-9

External Links

* An Empirical Look at the Ritual Abuse Controversy
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/an-empirical-look-at-the-ritual-abuse-controversy-randy-noblitt-phd/
* Ritual Abuse articles
* Ritual Abuse Cases http://www.ra-info.org/resources/ra_cases.shtml
* Extreme Abuse Survey http://extreme-abuse-survey.net/
* http://www.ritualabusetorture.org/
* http://www.ra-info.org
* http://www.survivorship.org
* http://theawarenesscenter.org/ritualabuse.html
* Ritual Abuse Statistics & Research
http://web.archive.org/web/20071210161357/http://home.mchsi.com/~ftio/ra-stats.htm

childadvocate

Aug 7, 2009, 7:48:34 PM8/7/09
You may agree or disagree with the position of the article below. But
with this many facts backing the existence of ritual abuse, why is
this position not represented fairly in their article.
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/

Proof That Ritual Abuse Exists

Satanic ritual abuse exists all over the world. There have been
reports, journal articles, web pages and criminal convictions of these
horrific crimes against children and adults.

There has also been an attempted cover up of these crimes by child
pornographers, those with pro-pedophilia philosophies and those
defending child molesters in the public or legal arena

(this page also has day care and other child abuse cases at the
bottom)

List of Satanic Ritual Abuse references -

http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/studies/satanic-ritual-abuse-evidence-with-information-on-the-mcmartin-preschool-case/

http://ritualabusearticles.wordpress.com/category/satanic-ritual-abuse-evidence/

What is Ritual Abuse?

“…is methodical abuse, often using indoctrination, aimed at breaking
the will of another human being. In a 1989 report, the Ritual Abuse
Task Force of the L.A. County Commission for Women defined ritual
abuse as: “Ritual Abuse usually involves repeated abuse over an

extended period of time. The physical abuse is severe, sometimes
including torture and killing. The sexual abuse is usually

painful,humiliating, intended as a means of gaining dominance over the
victim.The psychological abuse is devastating and involves the use of
ritual indoctrination. It includes mind control techniques which
convey to the victim a profound terror of the cult members …most
victims are in a state of terror, mind control and dissociation” (Pg.
35-36) “Safe Passage to Healing”, by Chrystine Oksana, 1994,
HarperCollins, which is an excellent source for survivor and co-
survivors on the topic, though there is a newer edition out by
iuniverse.com (2001)

Lists of legal cases:

Believe the children (1997). “Conviction List: Ritual Child Abuse”.
http://www.ra-info.org/resources/ra_cases.shtml

The Satanism and Ritual Abuse Archive contains 92 cases as of February
12, 2008. http://www.endritualabuse.org/ritualabusearchive.htm

Web pages proving the existence of ritual abuse:

Noblitt, PhD, J. R. – An Empirical Look at the Ritual Abuse
Controversy (2007)
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/an-empirical-look-at-the-ritual-abuse-controversy-randy-noblitt-phd/

Ritual Abuse Bibliography http://www.ra-info.org/library/articles/ra_arti1.shtml

Frequently Asked Questions about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
http://www.survivorship.org/faq.html

Satanic Ritual Abuse: The Evidence Surfaces By Daniel Ryder, CCDC, LSW
http://web.archive.org/web/20080125051057/http://home.mchsi.com/~ftio/ra-evidence-surfaces.htm

2008 Publications on Ritual Abuse and Mind Control

http://www.endritualabuse.org/citation 2.htm

Lacter, E (2008-02-11). “Brief Synopsis of the Literature on the
Existence of Ritualistic Abuse”. http://endritualabuse.org/Brief%20Synopsis.htm

Ritual abuse diagnosis research – excerpt from a chapter in: Lacter,
E. & Lehman, K. (2008).Guidelines to Differential Diagnosis between
Schizophrenia and Ritual Abuse/Mind Control Traumatic Stress. In J.R.
Noblitt & P. Perskin(Eds.), Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:
Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, pp.
85-154. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers. quotes: A second
study revealed that these results were unrelated to patients’ degree
of media and hospital milieu exposure to the subject of Satanic ritual
abuse. “In fact, less media exposure was associated with production of
more Satanic content in patients reporting ritual abuse, evidence that
reports of ritual abuse are not primarily the product of exposure
contagion.” Responses are consistent with the devastating and
pervasive abuse these victims have experienced, so often including
immediate family members. http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/studies/ritual-abuse-diagnosis-research-2/

Bottoms, Shaver and Goodman in their 1993 study to evaluate ritual
abuse claims found that in 2,292 alleged ritual abuse cases, 15% of

the perpetrators in adult cases and 30% of the perpetrators in child

cases confessed to the abuse. Data from Brown, Scheflin and Hammond

(1998).”Memory, Trauma Treatment, And the Law” (W. W. Norton) ISBN
0-393-70254-5 (p.62) Bottoms, B. Shaver, P. & Goodman, G. (1993)
Profile of ritual abuse and religion related abuse allegations in the
United States. Updated findings provided via personal communication
from B. Bottoms. Cited in K.C. Faller (1994), Ritual Abuse; A Review
of the research. The American Professional Society on the Abuse of
Children Advisor , 7, 1, 19-27

On Page 170 (first edition), of Cult and Ritual Abuse – Noblitt and
Perskin (Praeger, 1995) states “One of the best sources of evaluative
research on ritual abuse is the article “Ritual Abuse: A Review of
Research” by Kathleen Coulborn Faller (1994)….in a survey of 2,709

members of the American Psychological Association, it was found that
30 percent of these professionals had seen cases of ritual or religion-
related abuse (Bottoms, Shaver & Goodman, 1991). Of those
psychologists who have seen cases of ritual abuse, 93 percent believed
that the reported harm took place and 93 percent believed that the

alleged ritualism occurred. This is a remarkable finding. Mental
health professionals are known to be divergent in their thinking and
frequently do not agree with one another regarding questions of the
diagnosis and etiology of psychiatric problems…this level of
concurrence in a large national sample of psychologists…would be
impressive….the similar research of Nancy Perry (1992) which further

supports (the previous findings)…Perry also conducted a national
survey of therapists who work with clients with dissociative disorders
and she found that 88 percent of the 1,185 respondents
indicated”belief in ritual abuse, involving mind control and

programming” (p.3).”

Journal of Psychology and Theology – Satanic Ritual Abuse: The Current
State of Knowledge
https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt
Adults who report childhood ritualistic abuse. By: Cozolino, L.J.;
Shaffer, R.E. Volume 20, Issue 3 Fall 1992 Therapists are finding an
increasing number of patients uncovering memories of ritualistic forms
of abuse from childhood. To gain a fuller understanding of this
phenomenon, twenty outpatients reporting memories of ritualistic abuse
were interviewed. Questions focused on the nature of the abuse and its
perceived impact on interpersonal, occupational, and spiritual
development. Reasons for entering psychotherapy as well as the nature
and course of treatment were also discussed. Subjects entered therapy
with similar psychological complaints. Reported psychiatric sequelae
included dissociative, affective, somatization, and eating disorders.
Abuse experiences were reported to have affected every aspect of their
adult functioning. Subjects began therapy with little or no knowledge
of the phenomenon of ritualistic abuse, and only one patient reported
vague memories of ritualistic abuse before entering therapy. Reports
from this sample reflect striking convergence among subjects and with
data from previous research and clinical reports. A composite clinical
case study is presented based on these data.
excerpts from the article:
[...]

That is, when memories of the dissociated traumatic event have been
fully surfaced into conscious awareness and re-associated in all their
aspects, the often extremely debilitating symptoms from which the
individual has suffered abate dramatically and over the course of
treatment frequently disappear altogether (Ray & Reagor, 1991).
Comments on study: Shaffer and Cozolino (1992) interviewed 19 women
and one man who reported types and aftereffects of ritualistic abuse
consistent with those reported by Young et al. All subjects reported
witnessing the murder of animals, infants, children and/or adults. All
reported suicidal ideation and half reported suicide attempts. The
majority reported severe and sadistic forms of abuse by multiple
perpetrators. Some reported continued recontact/revictimization into
their adult years.

describes crimes
Journal of Psychology and Theology – Satanic Ritual Abuse: The Current
State of Knowledge
Gould, C., & Cozolino, L. (1992). Ritual abuse, multiplicity, and mind
control. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 20, 194-196.

As a result of the psychologically intolerable nature of their early
childhood experiences, victims of ritual abuse frequently develop

multiple personality disorder (MPD). Therapists who treat these
victims often assume that all MPD stems from a system of spontaneously
created defenses against overwhelming trauma. As a result, these
therapists tend to focus on treating the post-traumatic stress
elements of the disorder and on integrating alter personalities.
Recent experience with victims of ritual abuse suggests the presence
of “cult-created” multiplicity, in which the cult deliberately creates
alter personalities to serve its purposes, often outside of the
awareness of the victim’s host personality. Each cult-created alter is
programmed to serve a particular cult function such as maintaining
contact with the cult, reporting information to the cult, self-
injuring if cult injunctions are broken, and disrupting the
therapeutic process that could lead to the individual breaking free of
the cult. A majority of ritual abuse victims in psychotherapy may
maintain cult contact unbeknownst to either the host personality or
the treating therapist.
Selected quotes:
“Ritual abuse is conducted on behalf of a cult whose purpose is to

establish mind control over the victims. Thus, these perpetrators have
a conscious motive for the abuse beyond compulsively repeating their
own childhood abuse in an effort to gain mastery over the original
trauma. Most victims state that they were ritually abused as part of
satanic worship, for the purpose of indoctrinating them into satanic
beliefs (Los Angeles County Commission for Women, 1989). Mind control
is originally established when the victim is a child under 6 years

old. During this formative stage of development, perpetrating cult
members systematically combine dissociation enhancing drugs, pain,
sexual assault, terror, and other forms of psychological abuse in such
a way that the child dissociates the intolerable traumatic experience.
The part of the child that has been split off to handle the
overwhelming trauma is maximally open to suggestion as the abuse is
occurring. The cult perpetrators exploit the vulnerability of the
child who is being tortured by directing the child to create a new
personality who is to answer to a particular name as well as to other
specific cues. During the abuse, the newly formed alter personality is
imbued with particular qualities and functions by the cult programmer.
Alter personalities which are structured by the ritually abusing cult
in this fashion are created to serve particular cult functions. These
functions usually lie outside of the awareness of the core (or host)
personality.
Such cult functions typically include, but are not limited to,
maintaining contact with the cult, reporting information to the cult,
self-injuring if the cult injunctions are broken, and disrupting the
therapeutic process that could lead to the individual breaking free of
the cult (Neswald, 1991). https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Ritualistic child abuse, psychopathology, and evil. By: Cozolino, L.J.
– Journal of Psychology and Theology Volume 18, Issue 3 Fall 1990 p.
218

Ritualistic abuse is an extreme form of psychological, physical, and
sexual maltreatment of children in the context of “religious”
ceremony. The clinical presentation of the victims of such abuse is
complex and raises many issues related in the diagnosis and treatment

of psychopathology as well as the importance of spiritual counseling.
The acknowledgment of belief systems so repugnant to the Judeo-
Christian world view and the addressing of our own negative emotional
reactions to the reality of ritualistic abuse are important first
steps in responding to these issues. The phenomenon of ritualistic
child abuse forces us to consider the relationship between theological
notions of evil and psychological concepts of psychopathology. This
article addresses the phenomenon of ritualistic child abuse, the
psychological sequelae of victimization, and possible motivations for
this form of abuse. https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Psychological sequelae in adult females reporting childhood

ritualistic abuse Kathy J. Lawrence, Louis Cozolino and David W. Foy –
Child Abuse & Neglect Volume 19, Issue 8, August 1995, Pages 975-984
doi:10.1016/0145-2134(95)00059-H
Abstract: The present study sought to increase current scientific
knowledge about the controversial issue of subjectively reported
childhood ritualistic abuse by addressing several key unresolved
issues. In particular, the possibility that those reporting
ritualistic abuse may be characterized primarily by the severity of
their abuse histories or the severity of their present psychological
symptoms, rather than the veridicality of the ritualistic events, was
explored. Adult female outpatients reporting childhood sexual abuse
with ritualistic features were compared with a second group of women
who reported childhood sexual abuse without ritualism. Measures
included characteristics of childhood sexual and physical abuse,
current posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) diagnostic status and
symptom severity, and severity of current dissociative experiences.

Women reporting ritualistic features scored significantly higher on
measures of childhood sexual and physical abuse. Neither PTSD
diagnostic status nor severity for PTSD nor dissociative experiences

were significantly different between the groups. While preliminary in
nature, these results suggest that it may be helpful to conceptualize
reported childhood ritualistic abuse as indicative of the need to
assess carefully for severe abuse and its predictable sequelae within
existing traumatic victimization conceptual frameworks.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V7N-3YB56DX-1X&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=b9a75a7e349d4efe5a11ed205f736cf5

Why Cults Terrorize and Kill Children – LLOYD DEMAUSE

The Journal of Psychohistory 21 (4) 1994

describes graphic crimes of abuse
[...]

describes crimes of abuse and programming techniques

Increasingly, cases of Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) and Satanic
Ritualistic Abuse (SRA) are being reported in the psychotherapeutic
community. Though controversy concerning authenticity remains, such
cases are slowly gaining in acceptability as a genuine social and
psychopathological phenomenon. Concurrently, the etiological
underpinnings and treatment demands of these special patients are
being unraveled and understood as never before. As a result, it is
becoming increasingly clear that perhaps the most demanding treatment
aspects of such cases concern the problems posed by what is known as
“cult programming.”
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/common-programs-observed-in-survivors-of-satanic-ritualistic-abuse/

Report of the Ritual Abuse Task Force – Los Angeles County Commission
for Women
Ritual abuse is a brutal form of abuse of children, adolescents, and

adults, consisting of physical, sexual, and psychological abuse, and
involving the use of rituals. Ritual does not necessarily mean
satanic. However, most survivors state that they were ritually abused
as part of satanic worship for the purpose of indoctrinating them into
satanic beliefs and practices. Ritual abuse rarely consists of a
single episode. It usually involves repeated abuse over an extended

period of time….Mind control is the cornerstone of ritual abuse, the

[...]

Believing Rachel JEANNE HILL The Journal of Psychohistory 24 (2) Fall
1996
describes graphic crimes of abuse

Rachel’s story is one of suffering, courage and hope. As a young child
she was the victim of unspeakable crimes, but because she received

therapy and the support of a loving family, she has emerged intact. I
hope that parents of other abused children will be reassured by our
story. When I look at the strong, confident young woman my daughter is
becoming, I know that believing Rachel was the right thing to do.
Believing Rachel made her whole.
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/believing-rachel-jeanne-hill-the-journal-of-psychohistory/

Denying Ritual Abuse of Children – Catherine Gould
The Journal of Psychohistory 22 (3) 1995

The evidence is rapidly accumulating that the problem of ritualabuse

is considerable in scope and extremely grave in its consequences.Among

2,709 members of the American Psychological Association who responded

to a poll, 2,292 cases of ritual abuse were reported(Bottoms, Shaver,

& Goodman, 1993). In 1992 alone, Childhelp USA logged 1,741 calls
pertaining to ritual abuse, Monarch Resources of Los Angeles logged
approximately 5,000, Real Active Survivors tallied nearly 3,600,
Justus Unlimited of Colorado received almost 7,000, and Looking Up of
Maine handled around 6,000. Even allowing for some of these calls to

have been made by people who assist survivors but are not themselves

[...]

In spite of reports by thousands of adults who describe satanic ritual
abuse in their backgrounds, the Special Issue of the Journal of
Psychology and Theology reveals obdurate skepticism regarding their
credibility on the part of several contributors. Some of these
disbelievers currently are citing experiments demonstrating extreme
malleability for human memory as evidence that survivor accounts,
especially those involving delayed memory, are fantasies implanted by
incompetent clinicians. However, leading memory researchers such as

Dr. Bessel van der Kolk of Harvard Medical School maintain that
traumatic memories, which typically are engraved in the sensorimotor
processes, are not subject to the same kinds of contamination that can
affect normal memory. Traumatic amnesia, described in the DSM-III-R as
psychogenic amnesia, is a phenomenon which has been known to mental
health professionals for more than 100 years. The clinically observed
characteristics of traumatic memory formation and retrieval match
precisely the patterns of memory recovery exhibited by SRA survivors,
and strongly confirm the reality of their cult abuse.

Quotes: If satanic ritual abuse is a question of memory, the data

redound to the credibility of those thousands of individuals who
identify themselves as SRA survivors. All the scientific studies of
memory under trauma indicate that the bimodal response described by
van der Kolk (1994), whether hyperpotentiated or dissociative,
heightens the reliability of recall. The phenomenon of recovered
memory is not a new therapeutic fad created by irresponsible clinical
experimentation, but a well established aspect of trauma. The
connection between trauma and memory disturbance is made clear by the

definition of psychogenic amnesia in the DSM-III-R (1987) which states
that “The predominant disturbance is one or more episodes of inability
to recall important personal information, usually of a traumatic or
stressful nature, that is too extensive to be explained by ordinary
forgetfulness” (p. 273).

Further, there often is corroboration for these retrieved memories.
Judith Herman and Emily Schatzow (1992) found that in a sample of 53
women who disclosed memories of abuse for which they had been amnesic,
74% of the subjects were able to find independent confirmation from
family members, pornographic photos, or diaries. Ivor Browne (1990a)
found the “internal consistency of the traumatic account” persuasive,
and also discovered that in the sizeable minority of cases where there
was an available witness that “in every instance, the traumatic
events . turn out to be true” (p. 30).

There is no longer room for denial and disbelief – for evading the
grim reality of SRA – by recourse to memory research which simply does

not apply. Solid scientific inquiry does not allow us that luxury;
neither should Christian conscience. https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Jonker, F; Jonker-Bakker, I “Reaction to Benjamin Rossen’s
Investigation of Satanic Ritual Abuse in Oude Pekela” Journal of
Psychology and Theology 1992 20(3) p.260-262
quotes: The authors, Jonker and Jonker-Bakker, respond to Benjamin
Rossen’s criticisms of their handling of an alleged satanic ritual
abuse incident in Oude Pekela, The Netherlands.
This response in turn criticizes the quality of Rossen’s scientific
work, especially in respect to his judgments made without having had
direct contact with the children or their parents, or other principals
in the incident….All Rossen’s statements about the children and their
parents, about Professor Mik, about school teachers and about
ourselves were based on no contact whatsoever with any of us.
https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Ritual Abuse-Torture Within Families/Groups Authors: Jeanne Sarson,
Linda MacDonald DOI: 10.1080/10926770801926146 Published in: Journal
of Aggression, Maltreatment & Trauma, Volume 16,Issue 4 July 2008,
pages 419 – 438 Abstract – Case studies provide insights into
identifying 10 violent thematic issues as components of a pattern of
family/group ritual abuse-torture (RAT) victimization. Narratives from
victimized women suggest that victimization generally begins in
infancy or soon thereafter. A visual model of RAT displays the
organization of the co-culture. Examples of the family/group
gatherings known as “rituals and ceremonies” provide insights into how
these gatherings are used to normalize pedophilic violence. Global
activism afforded the first effort ever to track RAT and human
trafficking. Recognizing RAT as an emerging form of non-state actor
torture, discontinuing the use of language that sexualizes adult-child
relationships, and promoting human rights education are suggested
social solutions.
Available at : http://www.informaworld.com/index/903766904.pdf
html article : http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/ftinterface~content=a903766904~fulltext=713240928

Organized abuse and the politics of disbelief - Michael Salter (p.243
– 283) Faculty of Law – Faculty of Medicine – University of New South
Wales in Proceedings of the 2nd Australian & New Zealand Critical
Criminology Conference 19 – 20 June 2008 Sydney, Australia – Presented
by the Crime & Justice Research Network and the Australian and New
Zealand Critical Criminology Network Edited by Chris Cunneen & Michael
Salter – Published by The Crime and Justice research Newtork
University of New South Wales December, 2008
http://www.cjrn.unsw.edu.au/critcrimproceedings2008.pdf ISBN:
9780646507378 (pdf)

“Since the 1980s, disclosures of organised abuse have been disparaged
by a range of activists, journalists and researchers who have focused,
in particular, on cases in which sexually abusive groups were alleged
to have behaved in ritualistic or ceremonial ways…Whilst these authors
claimed to be writing in the interests of science and social justice,
what has emerged from their writing are a familiar set of arguments
about the credibility of women and children’s testimony of sexual
violence; in short, that women and children are prone to a range of
memory and cognitive errors that lead them to make false allegations
of rape. This paper argues that this body of literature has
systematically misconstrued allegations of organised abuse, and used
organised abuse as a lens through which the debate on child abuse
could be re-envisioned along very traditional lines, attributing
victim status to accused men and constructing liars out of women and
children complaining of sexual abuse.”

Journal of Child and Youth Care - ISSN 0840-982X – SPECIAL ISSUE 1990
– CONTENTS
A Case of Multiple Life-Threatening Illnesses Related to Early Ritual
Abuse
Rennet Wong and Jock McKeen
Ritual Child Abuse: A Survey of Symptoms and Allegations
Pamela S. Hudson
Satanic Ritual Abuse: A Cause of Multiple Personality Disorder
George A. Fraser
Differentiating Between Ritual Assault and Sexual Abuse
Louise M. Edwards
The Choice – Gerry Fewster
http://www.cyc-net.org/Journals/jcycSpecial1990.html (This website may
have a virus, use updated virus protection if visiting.)

Recent worldwide survey of ritual abuse

The Extreme Abuse Survey final results are online with
findings,questionnaires and presentations for download as pdf-files.
More than 750 pages of documentation http://extreme-abuse-survey.net/

Understanding ritual trauma: A comparison of findings from three

online surveys – Handout for Karriker, Wanda. (2008, November).

Understanding ritual trauma: A comparison of findings from three

online surveys. Paper presented at the meeting of the International
Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation, Chicago, IL.
10 Extreme Abuse Survey Findings Helpful to Understanding Ritual
Trauma
1. Ritual abuse/mind control (RA/MC) is a global phenomenon.
2. A diagnosis of Dissociative Identity Disorder is common for persons
who report histories of
RA/MC. (84% of EAS respondents who answered that they have been
diagnosed with DID [N=655] reported that they are survivors of RA/MC).
3. Ritual abuse (RA) is not limited to SRA, i.e., satanic ritual
abuse, sadistic abuse, satanist abuse.
4. RA is reported to involve mind control techniques.
5. Some extreme abuse survivors report that they were used in
government-sponsored mind control experimentation (GMC).
6. RA/MC is reported to be involved in organized “known” crime.
7. RA/MC is reported to be involved in clergy abuse.
8. Most often reported memories of extreme abuse are similar across
all surveys.
9. Most often reported possible aftereffects of extreme abuse are
similar across all surveys.
10. In rating the effectiveness of healing methods, therapists tend to
favor stabilization techniques; survivors are more open to alternative
ways to cope with indoctrinated belief systems.
http://ritualabuse.us/mindcontrol/eas-studies/understanding-ritual-trauma-a-comparison-of-findings-from-three-online-surveys

MEDIA PACKET – Torture-based, Government-sponsored Mind Control
Experimentation on Children – Documentation that torture-
based,government-sponsored mind control (GMC) experimentation was
conducted on children during the Cold War. Data from two international
surveys that give voice, visibility, and validation to survivors of
these crimes against humanity….SURVEYS – EAS: Extreme Abuse Survey for
Adult Survivors (An International Online Survey for Adult Survivors of
Extreme Abuse) January 1 – March 30, 2007 with 1471 respondents from
31named countries. P-EAS: Professional – Extreme Abuse Survey (An
nternational Online Survey for Therapists, Counselors, Clergy, and
Other Persons Who Have Worked Professionally with at Least One Adult
Survivor of Extreme Abuse) April 1 – June 30 2007 with 451 respondents
from 20 named countries. Contact: Wanda Karriker, PhD
san...@twave.net http://my.dmci.net/~casey/GovernmentSponsoredMindControlExperiments-MediaPacket.pdf

Rutz, C. Becker, T., Overkamp, B. & Karriker, W. (2008).Exploring
Commonalities Reported by Adult Survivors of Extreme Abuse:Preliminary
Empirical Findings. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:
Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations,J.R.
Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 31- 84. Brandon, Oregon:Robert D.
Reed Publishers.

Becker, T., Karriker, W., Overkamp, B. Rutz, C. (2008). The Extreme
Abuse Survey: preliminary findings regarding dissociative identity
disorder. In A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of
Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp. 32-49. London: Karnac.

Karriker, Wanda (November, 2007). “Helpful healing methods: As rated
by approximately 900 respondents to the “International Survey for
AdultSurvivors of Extreme Abuse (EAS).”
http://www.endritualabuse.org/Karriker%20ISSTD%20Paper%20November%2012,%202007.pdf

Karriker, W. (2008, September). Torture-based mind control as a global
phenomenon: Preliminary data from the 2007 series of Extreme Abuse
Surveys. In Torture-based mind control: Empirical research, programmer
methods, effects and treatment. Workshop conducted at the 13th
International Conference on Violence, Abuse and Trauma, San Diego,CA.
http://ritualabuse.us/mindcontrol/eas-studies/torture-based-mind-control-as-a-global-phenomenon/

http://eassurvey.wordpress.com/extreme-abuse-survey-final-results/

Other organizations with data proving the worldwide existence of
satanic ritual abuse

http://www.ritualabusetorture.org/

http://www.ra-info.org

http://www.survivorship.org

http://web.archive.org/web/20071218103952/http://www.aches-mc.org/

http://theawarenesscenter.org/ritualabuse.html

http://www.endritualabuse.org/

A Nation Betrayed – The Chilling True Story of Secret Cold War
Experiments Performed on our Children and Other Innocent People by
Carol Rutz http://www2.dmci.net/users/casey

Pepinsky, H – PEACEMAKING – Reflections of a Radical Criminologist by
Hal Pepinsky – The University of Ottawa Press ISBN10: 0776606409 2006
“I have mentioned that since 1993 I have come to know many people whom
I believe to be genuine survivors of “ritual abuse.”
http://critcrim.org/sites/default/files/Pepinsky_proofs_0.pdf

Books on Ritual Abuse

Johnson Davis, Anne “Hell Minus One: My Story of Deliverance From
Satanic Ritual Abuse and My Journey to Freedom” Transcript Bulletin

Publishing – ISBN 978-0-9788348-0-7 – 2008 “Anne’s parents confessed
their atrocities—both in writing and verbally—to clergymen, and to
detectives from the Utah Attorney General’s Office. Anne’s suppressed
memories, which erupted when she was in her mid-30s, were fully
substantiated by her mother and stepfather….The book’s foreword was
written by Lt. Detective Matt Jacobson, who was the lead investigator
with the Utah Attorney General’s Office on Anne’s case in 1995.”
http://www.hellminusone.com/

Hell Minus One – signed verified confessions of satanic ritual abuse –
Anne’s parents confessed their atrocities – both in writing and
verbally.
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/survivor-stories/hell-minus-one-signed-verified-confessions-of-satanic-ritual-abuse/

An Interview With the Author of Hell Minus One
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/survivor-stories/interview-with-the-author-of-hell-minus-one/

Karriker, Wanda (2003). Morning, Come Quickly. Catawba, NC: Sandime,
LTD. ISBN 0-9717171-0-9.

Noblitt, J.R.; Perskin, P. S. (eds) (2008). Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-
first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political
Considerations. Bandor, OR: Robert Reed, 552. ISBN 1-934759-12-0.

Noblitt, JR; Perskin PS (2000). Cult and ritual abuse: its history,
anthropology, and recent discovery in contemporary America. New
York:Praeger. ISBN 0-275-96665-8.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=zJkTTpfyJ-8C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0

Cult and Ritual Abuse – James Randall Noblitt – Chapter 6 – Empirical
Evidence of Ritual Abuse http://books.google.com/books?id=zJkTTpfyJ-8C&printsec=frontcover#PPA55,M1

Rutz, Carol (2001). A Nation Betrayed. Grass Lake, MI: Fidelity
Publishing. ISBN 0-9710102-0-X.

Ryder, Daniel. (1992). Breaking the Circle of Satanic Ritual Abuse:
Recognizing and Recovering – CompCare Pub.

Oksana, Chrystine (2001). Safe Passage to Healing – A Guide for
Survivors of Ritual Abuse. Lincoln, NE: iUniverse.com.
ISBN0-595-201000-8. 1994 pub. HarperPerennial.

Raschke, Carl A. (1990). Painted Black. New York: HarperCollins. ISBN
0-06-104080-0

Smith, Margaret. (1993). Ritual Abuse: What it Is, why it Happens, and

how to Help by Margaret – HarperCollins

Sinason, V (1994). Treating Survivors of Satanist Abuse. New York:
Routledge. ISBN 0-415-10543-9.

Scott, S. (2001). The politics and experience of ritual abuse:beyond

disbelief. Open University Press. ISBN 0335204198.
http://www.amazon.com/Politics-Experience-Ritual-Abuse/dp/0335204198

Secret Weapons – Two Sisters’ Terrifying True Story of Sex, Spies and

Sabotage by Cheryl and Lynn Hersha with Dale Griffis, Ph D. and Ted

Schwartz. New Horizon Press, P O Box 669 Far Hills, NJ 07931 –
ISBN0-88282-196-2 Is a well-documented, verifiable account of not one,
but two childrens’ long untold stories of being CHILD subjects of
Project MKUltra. Quotes from the book: “By the time Cheryl Hersha came

to the facility, knowledge of multiple personality was so complete
that doctors understood how the mind separated into distinct ego
states,each unaware of the other. First, the person traumatized had to
be both extremely intelligent and under the age of seven, two
conditions not yet understood though remaining consistent as factors.
The trauma was almost always of a sexual nature…” p. 52 “The
government researchers,aware of the information in the professional
journals, decided to reverse the process (of healing from hysteric
dissociation). They decided to use selective trauma on healthy
children to create personalities capable of committing acts desired

for national security and defense.” p. 53 – 54 The book also contains
a variety of documents on mk-ultra and different projects as well as
reports to the Presidential Committee on Radiation and Mind Control,
including information on the five Canadians’ lawsuit against the U.S.
Government.

Another much maligned case is the McMartin Preschool Case – Child
pornographers, those with pro-pedophilia philosophies and those
defending child molesters in the public or legal arena have attempted
to cover up the crimes against these children.

The McMartin Preschool Case – What Really Happened and the Cover-up

http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/mcmartin-preschool-case-what-really-happened-and-the-coverup/

Archaeological Investigations of the McMartin Preschool Site by E.
Gary Stickel, Ph.D. This is the final report, written by Dr. E. Gary
Stickel, describing his findings at the McMartin preschool site in
Manhattan Beach, California.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/10252626/Archaeological-Investigations-of-the-McMartin-Preschool-Site-by-E-Gary-Stickel-PhD

Day Care and Child Abuse Cases

http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/day-care-and-child-abuse-cases/

This page has information on the McMartin Preschool Case, Michelle
Remembers, the Fells Acres – Amirault Case,the Wenatchee, Washington
Case, the Dale Akiki Case, the Glendale Montessori – Toward case and
the Little Rascals Day Care Center case.

Sexual Abuse in Day Care: A National Study – Executive Summary – March
1988 – Finklehor, Williams, Burns, Kalinowski “The study identified

270 “cases” of sexual abuse in day care meaning 270 facilities where
substantiated abuse had occurred involving a total of 1639 victimized
children….This yielded an estimate of 500 to 550 reported and

substantiated cases and 2500 victims for the three-year period.

Although this is a large number, it must be put in the context of
229,000 day care facilities nationwide service seven million

children….allegations of ritual abuse (”the invocation of religious,

magical or supernatural symbols of activities”) occurred in 13% of the

cases.” The authors divided these cases into “true cult-based ritual,”
pseudo-ritualism” with a primary goal of sexual gratification and
ritual being used to intimidate the children from disclosing and
“psychopathological ritualism” the activities being “primarily the
expression of an individuals obsessional or delusional system.”
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80/1c/82/61.pdf

childadvocate

Aug 7, 2009, 7:50:15 PM8/7/09
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/studies/satanic-ritual-abuse-evidence-with-information-on-the-mcmartin-preschool-case/
More information missing from their article.

Satanic Ritual Abuse evidence with information on the McMartin
Preschool Case

Adams, J. (2008). Case Studies of Ritual Abuse Survivors: From Abuse
to Activism. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:

Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R.

Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 541- . Bandon, Oregon: Robert D.
Reed Publishers.

Anderson, A. (2008). Letter from a general practitioner. In A. Sachs

& G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity

Disorder, pp. 140-144. London: Karnac.

Archaeological Investigations of the McMartin Preschool Site

http://web.archive.org/web/20010406130849/http://members.cruzio.com/~ratf/McMartIntro.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20010123212200/members.cruzio.com/~ratf/McMartin.html/

Awareness Center Information on Ritual Abuse http://theawarenesscenter.org/ritualabuse.html

Ball, T.M. (2008). The Use of Prayer for Inner Healing of Memories and
Deliverance with Ritual Abuse Survivors. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-

first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political

Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 413-442.

Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Becker T. & Overkamp B. (2008). Spezifische Anforderungen an die
Unterstützung von Opfern organisierter und ritueller Gewalt. In: Fliß
CM & Igney C: Handbuch Trauma & Dissoziation. Lengerich: Pabst
Science Publishers. (Specific Requirements for the Support of Victims
of Organized and Ritual Abuse).

Becker T. & Woywodt, U. (2007). Ritueller Mißbrauch: Auswirkungen der
Arbeit auf die Beraterinnen und die Beratung. In: Wildwasser
e.V.:Sexuelle Gewalt – Aktuelle Beitraege aus Theorie und Praxis.
Berlin: Selbstverlag. (Ritual Abuse: Consequences of working [in this
field] on cousellors and counselling)

Becker, T., Karriker, W., Overkamp, B. Rutz, C. (2008). The Extreme
Abuse Survey: preliminary findings regarding dissociative identity
disorder. In A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of
Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp. 32-49. London: Karnac.

Becker, T. (2008). “Organisierte und rituelle Gewalt” (”Organized and
Ritual Violence”). In Fliß CM & Igney C: Handbuch Trauma &
Dissoziation. Lengerich: Pabst Science Publishers.

Becker, T. (2008). Re-Searching for New Perspectives: Ritual Abuse/
Ritual Violence as Ideologically Motivated Crime. In Ritual Abuse in

the Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and

Political Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp.
237-260. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Becker T. & Woywodt, U. (2007). Ritueller Mißbrauch: Auswirkungen der
Arbeit auf die Beraterinnen und die Beratung. In: Wildwasser
e.V.:Sexuelle Gewalt – Aktuelle Beitraege aus Theorie und Praxis.
Berlin: Selbstverlag. (Ritual Abuse: Consequences of working [in this
field] on cousellors and counselling)

Becker, Thorsten (2008). Rituelle Gewalt in Deutschland. (Ritual
Violence in Germany). In: Froehling Ulla: Vater unser in der Hoelle.
Bergisch-Gladbach: Lübbe

Becker, T; Karriker W; Overkamp B; Rutz, C (2008). “The extreme abuse
surveys: Preliminary findings regarding dissociative identity
disorder”, Forensic aspects of dissociative identity disorder. London:
Karnac Books, 32-49. ISBN 1-855-75596-3.

Believe the children (1997). “Conviction List: Ritual Child Abuse”.
http://www.ra-info.org/resources/ra_cases.shtml

Bensinger, Terri T. Long-term effects on adult women who report sexual
and ritual abuse in their childhoods. Dissertation Abstracts
International 1990 Jul Vol 51(1-B), p. 420.

Bernet W, Chang DK. (1997). “The differential diagnosis of ritual
abuse allegations.” Journal of Forensic Science 42(1), 32-38.

Boat, B.W. (1991). Caregivers as surrogate therapists in treatment of
a ritualistically abused child. In W.N. Friedrich (Ed.) , Casebook of
sexual abuse treatment., (pp. 1-26). New York: Norton.

Bottoms, B.L.; Shaver, P.R.; Goodman, G.S. (1996). “An analysis of
ritualistic and religion-related child abuse allegations” (PDF). Law
and Human Behavior 20 (1): 1-34. doi:10.1007/BF01499130.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/q40489p813183l15/

Bottoms, Bette L., Diviak, K. R. and Davis, S. L. (1997) “Jurors’
reactions to satanic ritual abuse allegations.” Child Abuse and
Neglect 21(9):845-59.

Brandt, Susan Jeannine. An analysis of the mental health
professionals’ response to satanic ritual abuse. Dissertation
Abstracts International 1993 Jul Vol 54(1-A), pp. 87–88.

Braun, B. (1986). “Issues in the Psychotherapy of Multiple Personality
Disorder”, pp. 1-28. in Braun, B. (1986). Treatment of Multiple
Personality Disorder. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Press
Inc., 206. ISBN 0-88048-096-3.

Brown, Ian, “A Case Study Investigation of the Development and
Treatment of Alter Personalities in Dissociative Identity Disorder”
Edith Cowan University, 2006 http://adt.ecu.edu.au/adt-public/adt-ECU2006.0027.html

Brown, J.B. (2008). A Therapeutic Relationship: Shifting Boundaries in
the Service of Healing. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:

Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R.

Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 381-412. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D.
Reed Publishers.

Brown, D. (1994). Satanic ritual abuse: A therapist’s handbook.
Denver, CO: Blue Moon Press.

Brunet, Lynn, MA (Hons) Doctor of Philosophy “Terror, trauma and the
eye in the triangle: the Masonic presence in contemporary art and
culture” November 2007 p. 98 – 101 has information on allegations of
Masonic ritual abuse
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/library/adt/uploads/approved/adt-NNCU20080314.144015/public/02whole.pdf

Buck, S. (2008). The RAINS Network in the UK (Ritual Abuse Information
Network and Support). In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:

Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R.

Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 307- 326. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D.
Reed Publishers.

Bucky, Steven F.; Dalenberg, Constance; The relationship between
training of mental health professionals and the reporting of ritual
abuse and multiple personality disorder symptomatology. Journal of
Psychology & Theology, Vol 20(3), Fal 1992. Special issue: Satanic
ritual abuse: The current state of knowledge. pp. 233-238.

Bybee, D. & Mowbray, C. (1993). An analysis of allegations of sexual
abuse in a multi-victim day-care center case. Child Abuse and Neglect.
17(6): 767-783.

Calof, D. L. “From the editor’s desk: Regarding the credibility of
ritual abuse reports.” Treating Abuse Today 1(4) 1991 p. 4

Caradonna, Maria. Ritual child abuse. Dissertation Abstracts
International; 1992 Apr Vol 52(10- B) 5519 IS ISSN/ISBN: 04194217

Child Abuse Wiki articles:

Ritual Abuse
http://childabusewiki.org/index.php?title=Ritual_Abuse

Extreme Abuse Surveys
http://childabusewiki.org/index.php?title=Extreme_Abuse_Surveys

Hell Minus One http://childabusewiki.org/index.php?title=Hell_Minus_One

Ritual Abuse Torture http://childabusewiki.org/index.php?title=Ritual_Abuse_Torture

Chronology of the McMartin Preschool Abuse Trials and information on
the case http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/mcmartin-preschool-case-what-really-happened-and-the-coverup/

Cole, Deborah A. The incidence of ritual abuse: A preliminary survey.
Dissertation Abstracts International 1992 Dec Vol 53(6-B), p. 3150.
Coleman, J. (1994). Presenting features in adult victims of Satanist
ritual abuse. Child Abuse Review, 3: 83-92.

Coleman, J. (2008). Satanist ritual abuse and the problem of
credibility. In A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of
Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp. 9-22. London: Karnac.

Constantine, Alex “McMartin Preschool Revisited” p. 136-181 in Virtual
Government – CIA Mind Control Operations in America (1997) Feral House
Pub., ISBN 0-922915-45-8 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/psnews/message/222

Common Programs Observed in Survivors of Satanic Ritualistic Abuse
describes crimes of abuse and programming techniques

David W. Neswald, M.A. M.F.C.C. in collaboration with Catherine Gould,
Ph.D. and Vicki Graham-Costain, Ph.D. The California Therapist, Sept./
Oct. 1991, 47-50
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/common-programs-observed-in-survivors-of-satanic-ritualistic-abuse/

Constantine, Alex – Ray Buckey’s Press Corps and the Tunnels of
McMartin in Psychic Dictatorship in the USA (Feral House, 1995)

Cook, C. (1991). Understanding ritual abuse: A study of thirty-three
ritual abuse survivors. Treating Abuse Today, 1(4), 14-19.

Cook, S. (2008). Opening Pandora’s box. P In A. Sachs & G. Galton

(Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp.

155-166. London: Karnac.

Cozolino, L.J. (1990). “Ritual child abuse, psychopathology, and

evil”. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 18(3):218-227 https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Cozolino, L.J. (1989). “The ritual abuse of children: Implications for
clinical practice and research.” Journal of Sex Research 26(1),
131-138.

Cozolino, L.J.; Shaffer, R.E (Fall 1992) Satanic Ritual Abuse: The
Current State of Knowledge Adults who report childhood ritualistic
abuse. Journal of Psychology and Theology 20(3) https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Craighead, W. E.; Corsini, R.J.; Nemeroff, C. B. (2002) The Corsini
Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science Published by John
Wiley and Sons ISBN 0471270830 – Sadistic Ritual Abuse (p.1435 – 1438)
http://books.google.com/books?id=JQMRmyOfpJ8C&pg=PT82&lpg=PT86&vq=sadistic+abuse&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html

Cross, S. with “Louise” (and her alters) (2008). Am I safe yet? In

A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity

Disorder, pp. 62-78. London: Karnac.

Dawson, Judith. “Ritual abuse.” Social Work Today 22(3) 1991 p.418

Day Care and Child Abuse Cases

http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/day-care-and-child-abuse-cases/
This page has information on the Mcmartin Preschool Case, Michelle
Remembers,the Fells Acres – Amirault Case,the Wenatchee, Washington

Case, the Dale Akiki Case, the Glendale Montessori – Toward case and
the Little Rascals Day Care Center case.

deMause, Lloyd, “Why Cults Terrorize and Kill Children” The Journal of
Psychohistory 21 (4) 1994 [4]
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/why-cults-terrorize-and-kill-children-lloyd-demause-the-journal-of-psychohistory/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/whycult.htm

deMause, L. (1998) The History of Child Abuse - The Journal of
Psychohistory V. 25, N. 3, Winter 1998 and Sexual Addicitons &
Compulsivity V 1 n1 1994
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/the-history-of-child-abuse-lloyd-demause-the-journal-of-psychohistory/

deMause, L. (1991) The Universality of Incest – Journal of
Psychohistory 19 (2) Winter 1991
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/the-universality-of-incest-lloyd-demause/
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/the-universality-of-incest-lloyd-demause-part-two/
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/the-universality-of-incest-lloyd-demause-part-three/
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/the-universality-of-incest-lloyd-demause-part-four/

Driscoll, L. N. & Wright, C. (1991). Survivors of childhood ritual
abuse: Multi-generational Satanic cult involvement. Treating Abuse
Today, 1(4), 5–13.

Edwards, Louise M.”Differentiating between ritual assault and sexual
abuse,” J Child and Youth Care 6(4) 1991 pp. 169-88.

Extreme Abuse Surveys (2007): 750 pages of data on pdf files:
http://extreme-abuse-survey.net EAS for survivors of extreme abuse, P-
EAS for professionals who work with survivors of extreme abuse, C-EAS
for caregivers who work with children who report extreme/ritual abuse.

Faller, K.C. (1 994). Ritual Abuse: A Review of the Research. The
American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children Advisor. 7(1).

Faller, K.C. (1988). The spectrum of sexual abuse in day care. Journal
of Family Violence. 3(4): 283-298.

Faller, K.C. (1990). Sexual abuse of children in cults: A medical
health perspective. Roundtable. 2(2).

Feldman GC; Survivors of sadistic abuse: how to spot them Emergency
Medicine, 1993 Aug; 25 (11): 83-7.

Finkelhor, D., Williams, L., & Bums, N. (1988). Nursery Crimes: Sexual
abuse in day care. Newbury Park, CA.: Sage Publications.

Fliß CM & Igney C (2008). Handbuch Trauma & Dissoziation. Lengerich:
Pabst Science Publishers.Becker, T. (Chapters on Ritual Violence and
Organized Abuse)

Fotheringham, T. (2008). Patterns in Mind-Control: A First Person
Account. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century: Psychological,
Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S.
Perskin (Eds), pp. 491-540. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Fraser, G. A. (1990). “Satanic ritual abuse: A cause of multiple
personality disorder”. Special issue: In the shadow of Satan: The
ritual abuse of children. Journal of Child and Youth Care, 55-60

Freer, M. (2001). “The politics and experience of ritual abuse: beyond
disbelief” 10 (2): 220. Health sociology review.

Frequently Asked Questions about Ritual Abuse and Mind Control
http://www.survivorship.org/faq.html

Frohling, U. (in pre-publication, 2008). Our Father Who Art in Hell: A
Factual Account. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:
Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, pp.
355-362. J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds). Bandon, Oregon: Robert
D. Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Gallagher, B (1996), The nature and extent of known cases of organised
child sexual abuse in England and Wales in Bibby, P. (ed.). Organised
Abuse: The Current Debate. Arena.

Gallagher, B. (2001). Assessment and intervention in cases of
suspected ritual child sexual abuse. Child Abuse Review, 10, 227-242.

Galton, G. (2008). Some clinical implications of believing or not
believing the patient. In A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic
Aspects of Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp. 116-126. London:
Karnac.

Garvey, Kevin, and Blood, Linda Osborne. “Interesting times [critique
of Satanism in America ]” Cultic Studies Journal 8(2) 1991 pp. 151-90

Gelb, Jerome L. “Multiple personality disorder and satanic ritual
abuse,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 27(4) 1993
pp. 701-8

Gelb, Jerome L. “Multiple personality disorder and satanic ritual
abuse [letter] Comment in: Australian and New Zealand Journal of
Psychiatry, 1(3) 1994 pp. 154-.

Golston, J. (1993). Ritual abuse: Raising hell in psychotherapy:
Creation of cruelty: The political military and multigenerational
training of torturers: Violent initiation and the role of traumatic
dissociation. Treating Abuse Today, 3(6), 12-19.

Gonzalez, L.S., Waterman, J., Kelly, R.J., McCord, J., & Oliveri, M.K.
(1993). Children’s patterns of disclosures and recantations of sexual
and ritualistic allegations in psychotherapy. Child Abuse and Neglect,
17, 281-289.

Gonzalez, Lauren S.; Waterman, Jill; Kelly, Robert J.; Children’s
patterns of disclosures and recantations of sexual and ritualistic
abuse allegations in psychotherapy. Child Abuse & Neglect, Vol 17(2),
Mar-Apr 1993. pp. 281-289.

Goodman, G.S., Qin, J., Bottoms, B.L., & Shaver (1994).
Characteristics and sources of allegations of ritualistic child abuse:
Final report to the National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect

Goodman, Gail S.; Quas, Jodi A.; Bottoms, Bette L.. Children’s
religious knowledge: Implications for understanding satanic ritual
abuse allegations. Child Abuse & Neglect, Vol 21(11), Nov 1997. pp.
1111-1130.

Goodwin, J. (1993). “Sadistic abuse: definition, recognition, and
treatment”. Dissociation 6 (2/3): 181-187.
https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/bitstream/1794/1634/1/Diss_6_2+%26+3_11_OCR.pdf

Gould, C., & Cozolino, L. (1992) “Ritual abuse, multiplicity, and mind-

control.” Special Issue: Satanic ritual abuse: The current state of

knowledge. Journal of Psychology and Theology 20(3):194-6
https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Gould, C. (1992) Diagnosis and treatment of ritually abused children
in Sakheim, D.K. (1992). Out of Darkness: Exploring Satanism and
Ritual Abuse. Lexington Books. ISBN 0-669-26962-X.

Gould, C. & Graham-Costain, V. (1994). “Play therapy with ritually
abused children.” Treating Abuse Today, 4(2), 4-1; 4(3), 14-19.

Gould, C. & Neswald, D. (1992). “Basic treatment and program
neutralization strategies for adult MPD survivors of satanic ritual
abuse.” Treating Abuse Today, 2(3), 5–10.

Gould, C. (1995). Denying ritual abuse of children. Journal of
Psychohistory, 22(3), 329-339.

http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/denying-ritual-abuse-of-children-catherine-gould/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/denyra.htm

Harper, Jane. “Ritual abuse work.” Social Work Today 23(16) 1991 pp.
20

Hauer, C. (2005). Transpersonal aspects of the treatment of
Dissociative Identity Disorder as
a result of ritual abuse: A mutual descent into the underworld.
Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and
Engineering. Vol 65(8-B), pp. 4287.

Healey, C. (2008). Unsolved: investigating allegations of ritual
abuse. In A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of
Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp. 23-31. London: Karnac.

Hersha, C.; Hersha, L.; Griffis, D.; Schwarz, T (2001). Secret
Weapons. Far Hills, NJ: New Horizon Press. ISBN 0-88282-196-2.

Hill.J (1996) Believing Rachel The Journal of Psychohistory 24 (2)

Fall 1996 – describes graphic crimes of abuse

http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/believing-rachel-jeanne-hill-the-journal-of-psychohistory/

Hudson, P.S. (1990). “Ritual child abuse: A survey of symptoms and
allegations.” Special issue: In the shadow of Satan: The ritual abuse
of children. Journal of Child and Youth Care, 27-54.

Hudson, P. S. (1991). Ritual Child Abuse: Discovery, Diagnosis, and
Treatment. Saratoga, Calif: R&E Publishers.

Ireland, S.J. & Ireland, M..J. (1994). A case history of family and
cult abuse. The Journal of Psychohistory, 21(4), 417-428.

IVAT conference in San Diego, California, includes a 4-hour workshop,
Wednesday, September 17, 1:00 to 5:00pm, entitled: Torture-Based mind
Control: Empirical Research, Programmer Methods, Effects & Treatment,
by Wanda Karriker, Ph.D., Randy Noblitt, Ph.D., H. Jane Wakefield, MA
(replacing Eileen Schrader, MSW), and Ellen P. Lacter, Ph.D.
http://www.ivatcenters.org/Conferences/13th-InternationalBooklet.pdf

Johnson Davis, Anne “Hell Minus One: My Story of Deliverance From
Satanic Ritual Abuse and My Journey to Freedom” Transcript Bulletin
Publishing – ISBN 978-0-9788348-0-7 – 2008 “Anne’s parents confessed
their atrocities—both in writing and verbally—to clergymen, and to
detectives from the Utah Attorney General’s Office. Anne’s suppressed
memories, which erupted when she was in her mid-30s, were fully
substantiated by her mother and stepfather….The book’s foreword was
written by Lt. Detective Matt Jacobson, who was the lead investigator
with the Utah Attorney General’s Office on Anne’s case in 1995.”
http://www.hellminusone.com/

http://www.hellminusone.com/Links.html

Woman revisits the ‘Hell’ of ritual abuse By Ben Winslow Deseret
News 12/10/08 http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705269563,00.html

verbally. http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/survivor-stories/hell-minus-one-signed-verified-confessions-of-satanic-ritual-abuse/

Johnston, Jerry (1989). The Edge of Evil – The Rise of Satanism in

North America. Dallas: Word Publishing. ISBN 0-8499-0668-7.

Jones, D.P.H. (1991). Ritualism and child sexual abuse. Child Abuse
and Neglect, 15, 163-170.

Jones, David P. “Ritualism and child sexual abuse.” Child Abuse and
Neglect 15(3) 199, pp. 163-70

Jones, David P. “What do children know about religion and satanism?”
Child Abuse Negl. 21(11) 1997 pp. 1109-10

Jonker, F. and Jonker-Bakker, P. ‘Effects of ritual abuse: The results
of three surveys in The Netherlands.” Child Abuse and Neglect 21(6)
1997 pp. 541-56

Jonker, Fred. “Reaction to Benjamin Rossen’s investigation of satanic
ritual abuse in Oude Pekela,” Special Issue: “Satanic ritual abuse:
The current state of knowledge.” Psychology and Theology 20(3) 1992
pp. 260-2 “All Rossen’s statements about the children and their

parents, about Professor Mik, about school teachers and about
ourselves were based on no contact whatsoever with any of us.”
https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Jonker, F and Jonker-Bakker, I. (1997). “Effects of Ritual Abuse: The

results of three surveys in the Netherlands.” Child Abuse & Neglect 21
(6):541-556

Jonker, F.; Jonker-bakker, P. (1991). “Experiences with ritualist

child sexual abuse: a case study from the Netherlands”. Child Abuse
and Neglect 15: 191-196. doi:10.1016/0145-2134(91)90064-K. PMID
2043971

http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=EJ429991&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=EJ429991

Jonker, Fred. “Safe behind the screen of ‘mass hysteria:’ A closing
rejoinder to Benjamin Rossen.” Special Issue: “Satanic ritual
abuse:The current state of’ knowledge.” Psychology and Theology, 20(3)
1992 pp. 267-70.

Jons, D. P. H. “Ritualism and child sexual abuse,” Child Abuse and
Neglect Vol. 15, 1991

Juhasz, Susan “Coping skills of ritual abuse survivors: An exploratory
study.” Smith College Studies in Social Work 65(3) 1995 pp. 255-267

Kagy, L. “Ritualized abuse of children.” Recap Winter 1986

Kail, T.M. (2008). Magico-Religious Groups and Ritualistic Activities:
A Guide for First Responders. CRC.

Kam, Katherine. “Ritual killings have satanic overtones,” Christianity
Today Vol. 32 1988 pp. 52-4

Karriker, Wanda (November, 2007). “Helpful healing methods: As rated
by approximately 900 respondents to the “International Survey for

Adult Survivors of Extreme Abuse (EAS).”
http://www.endritualabuse.org/Karriker%20ISSTD%20Paper%20November%2012,%202007.pdf

Karriker, Wanda (2003). Morning, Come Quickly. Catawba, NC: Sandime,
LTD. ISBN 0-9717171-0-9.

Karriker, W. (2008, September). Torture-based mind control as a global

phenomenon: Preliminary data from the 2007 series of Extreme Abuse
Surveys. In Torture-based mind control: Empirical research, programmer
methods, effects and treatment. Workshop conducted at the 13th
International Conference on
Violence, Abuse and Trauma, San Diego, CA.
http://ritualabuse.us/mindcontrol/eas-studies/torture-based-mind-control-as-a-global-phenomenon/

Karriker, Wanda. (2008, November). Understanding ritual trauma: A
comparison of findings from three online surveys – Paper presented at

the meeting of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and
Dissociation, Chicago, IL.

http://ritualabuse.us/mindcontrol/eas-studies/understanding-ritual-trauma-a-comparison-of-findings-from-three-online-surveys

Katchen, M. (2008). Interrelated Moral Panics and Counter-panics: The
Cult Brainwashing Panic and The False Memory/ Ritual Abuse Moral
Panic. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century: Psychological,
Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S.
Perskin (Eds), pp. 193- 236. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed
Publishers.

Kelley, Susan J. (1990). “Parental stress response to sexual abuse and
ritualistic abuse of children in day-care centers.” Nursing Research 39
(1):25-9

Kelley, Susan J. (1989). “Stress responses of children to sexual abuse
and ritualistic abuse in day care centers.” Journal of Interpersonal
Violence 4(4):502-513.

Kelley, Susan J. (1988). “Ritualistic Abuse: Dynamics and Impact.”
Cultic Studies Journal, 5(2) pp. 228-36

Kelly, S. (1992b). Stress responses of children and parents to sexual
abuse and ritualistic abuse in day care centers. In A.W. Burgess
(Ed.), Child trauma I: Issues and research-New York: Garland
Publishing Co., Inc.

Kelly, S. (1992a). Ritualistic abuse: Recognition, impact, and current
controversy. Paper presented at the San Diego Conference on Responding
to Child Maltreatment San Diego, CA.

Kelly, S. (1988). Ritualistic abuse of children: Dynamics and impact.
Cultic Studies Journal. 5(2): 228-236.

Kelley, Susan J. Responses of children and parents to sexual abuse and
Satanic ritualistic abuse in day care centers. Dissertation Abstracts
International, Vol. 49, No. 12-B, Pt. 1, June 1989.
Keltner, N. L.; Schwecke, L.H.; Bostrom, C.E. (2007). Psychiatric
Nursing. (5th ed.) Mosby Elsevier, St Louis, MO. ISBN 0-323-03906-5.
In Chapter 41 “Survivors of Violence and Trauma” “Torture, Ritual
Abuse and Mind Control” p. 608 – 610

Kent, Stephen. (1994). “Diabolic Debates: A Reply to David Frankfurter
and J. S. La Fontaine,” Religion 24: 135-188.

Kent, Stephen. (1993). “Deviant Scripturalism and Ritual Satanic

Abuse. II: Possible Masonic, Mormon, Magick, and Pagan influences”.
Religion 23(4):355-367

Kent, Stephen. (1993). “Deviant Scripturalism and Ritual Satanic Abuse

Part One: Possible Judeo-Christian Influences”. Religion 23(23):
229-241.

King, G. F.; Yorker, B. (1996). “Case studies of children presenting
with a history of ritualistic abuse”. Journal of Child and Adolescent
Psychiatric Nursing, 9(2):18-26

Kinscherff, R. & Barnum, R (1992). Child forensic evaluation and
claims of ritual abuse or Satanic cult activity: A critical analysis.
In D.K. & S.E. Devine (Eds.), Out of Darkness: Exploring Satanism and
ritual abuse. 73-107. New York, NY: Lexington Books.

Kluft, Richard P. “The phenomenology and treatment of extremely
complex multiple personality disorder.” Dissociation 1(4) 1988

Kluft, Richard P. “Various interventions in the treatment of multiple
personality disorder.” Am J of Clinical Hypnosis 24 1982 pp. 230-240

Lacter, E.; Lehman, K. (2008). “Guidelines to Diagnosis of Ritual
Abuse/Mind Control Traumatic Stress”. http://karnacbooks.metapress.com/content/h117u5253684526x/

Lacter, E. “Treating Dissociative, Abused and Ritually Abused,
Children, Part I” (2004) http://truthbeknown2000.tripod.com/Truthbeknown2000/id7.html

Lacter, E. & Lehman, K (2008). Guidelines to Diagnosis of Ritual
Abuse/Mind Control Traumatic Stress. Attachment – New Directions in
Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis. Volume 2, July 2008.

Lacter, E. & Lehman, K. (2008). Guidelines to Differential Diagnosis

between Schizophrenia and Ritual Abuse/Mind Control Traumatic Stress.

In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic,
Social and Political Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin
(Eds), pp. 85- 154. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.
excerpt from the chapter http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/studies/ritual-abuse-diagnosis-research-2/

Lacter, E. (2008). Mind control: simple to complex. In A. Sachs & G.

Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp.

184-194. London: Karnac.

Lacter, E (2008-02-11). “Brief Synopsis of the Literature on the
Existence of Ritualistic Abuse”. http://endritualabuse.org/Brief%20Synopsis.htm

Lawrence, K.J.; Cozolino, L.; Foy, D.W. (1995). “Psychological
sequelae in adult females reporting childhood ritualistic abuse”.

Child Abuse & Neglect 19 (8): 975-984. doi:10.1016/0145-2134(95)00059-
H.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V7N-3YB56DX-1X&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=b9a75a7e349d4efe5a11ed205f736cf5

Leavitt, Frank, Labott, Susan M.”The role of media and hospital
exposure on Rorschach response patterns by patients reporting satanic
ritual abuse.” American Journal of Forensic Psychology, Vol 18(2),
2000. pp. 35-55.

Leavitt F, & Labott, S. M.(1998). Revision of the Word Association
Test for assessing associations of patients reporting Satanic ritual
abuse in childhood. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 54(7), 933-943.

Leavitt, F. (1994). “Clinical Correlates of Alleged Satanic Abuse and
Less Controversial Sexual Molestation.”. Child Abuse and Neglect: The
International Journal 18 (4): 387-92. doi:10.1016/0145-2134(94)
90041-8.
http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=EJ483422&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=EJ483422

Leavitt, Frank. “Measuring the impact of media exposure and hospital
treatment on patients alleging satanic ritual abuse.” Treating Abuse

Today 8(4) 1998 pp. 7-13 http://web.archive.org/web/20000306224228/http://idealist.com/tat/leavitt.shtml

Leavitt, Frank. “False attribution of suggestibility to explain
recovered memory of childhood sexual abuse following extended
amnesia.”Child Abuse Negl 21(3) 1997 pp. 265-72

Lewis, Suzanne Lee. “Psychotherapy and spirituality: A paradigm for
healing. “ Paper Number: 20011010 Source/Citation: Dissertation
Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences & Engineering; Vol 61
(10-B) May 2001

Lloyd, D. W. (1992). Ritual child abuse: Definitions and assumptions.
Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 1(3), 1-14.
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all~content=a904372913

Lloyd, David W. “Ritual child abuse: Understanding the controversies.”
Cultic Studies J 8(2) 1991 pp. 122-133
http://www.icsahome.com/logon/elibdocview.asp?Subject=Ritual+Child+Abuse%3A+Understanding+the+Controversies

Lloyd, David W. “Ritual child abuse: Where do we go from here?”
Children’s Legal Rights J12 Winter, 1991 pp. 12-8
http://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=129533

Lockwood, C. (1993) Other altars: Roots and Realities of Cultic and
Satanic Ritual Abuse and Multiple Personality Disorder. Minneapolis,
MN: Compcare.

Macfarland, R.B.,& Lockerbie, G. (1994). Difficulties in treating
ritually abused children. Journal of Psychohistory, 21(4), 429-434.

MacGauley, Jackie Interview (McMartin) – http://ritualabuse.us/2008/10/issue-37-march-2001/

Madu, S. N.; Peltzer, K.; Correlates for psychological, physical,
emotional and ritualistic forms of child abuse among high school
students in the Northern Province, South Africa. Southern African
Journal of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Vol 11(1), 1999. pp.
56-66.

Mallard, C. (2008). Ritual Abuse–A Personal Account And the
Unpublished Police Guidelines. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first

Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations,

J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 327-336. Bandon, Oregon:
Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Mangen, R. (1992). Psychological testing and ritual abuse. In D.K.
Sakheim & S.E. Devine (Eds.), Out of darkness: Exploring Satanism and
ritual abuse (pp. 147-173). New York: Lexington.

Martin, Sharon K. Working with adult survivors of ritual abuse.
Dissertation Abstracts International. Vol. 52, No. 9-B, March 1992, p.
4979.

McCulley, Dale. “Satanic ritual abuse: A question of memory,”
Psychology and Theology . 22(3) 1994, pp. 167-72

There is no longer room for denial and disbelief – for evading the
grim reality of SRA – by recourse to memory research which simply does
not apply. Solid scientific inquiry does not allow us that luxury;
neither should Christian conscience. https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

McCully, Robert S. “The laugh of satan: A study of a familial
murderer.” Personality Assessment 42(1) 1978 pp. 81-91

McCully, Robert S. “Satan’s eclipse: A familial murderer six years
later.” British J Projective Psychology and Personality 125(2) 1980
pp. 13-7

McFall, Mairi. “Building connections: Ritual abuse.” Wlw 13(3/4) 1990
p. 8

McFarland, Robert B. and Lockerbie, Grace. “Difficulties in treating
ritually abused children.” J Psychohistory , 21(4) Spring 1994 pp.
429-34,

McLeod, K. and Goddard, C. R. (2005) ‘The ritual abuse of children – A
critical perspective’ Children Australia, 30 (1):27-34

McMinn, Mark R., and Wade, Nathaniel G. “Beliefs about the prevalence
of dissociative identity disorder, sexual abuse, and ritual abuse
among religious and nonreligious therapists.” Professional Psychology
Research and Practice 26(3) 1995 pp. 257-61

McShane, Claudette. “Satanic sexual abuse: A paradigm” Affilia J Women
and Social Work 8(2) 1993

Miller, A. (2008). Recognizing and Treating Survivors of Abuse by
Organized Criminal Groups. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first

Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations,

J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 443-478. Bandon, Oregon:
Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Mollan, P. (2008). When the imaginary becomes the real: reflections of
a bemused psychoanalyst. In A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic
Aspects of Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp. 108-115. London:
Karnac.

Mulhern, Sherrill A. “Satanism, ritual abuse, and multiple personality
disorder: A sociohistorical perspective.” Special Issue: Hypnosis and
delayed recall: I, International J Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis,
42(4) 1994 pp. 265-88

Mulhern, Sherrill A. “Patients reporting ritual abuse in childhood: A
clinical response,” Child Abuse and Neglect 15(4) 1991 pp. 609-11

Mulhern, Sherrill A. “Ritual abuse: Defining a syndrome versus
defending a belief,” Special issue: Satanic ritual abuse: The current
state of knowledge Psychology and Theology 20(3) 1992 pp. 230-2

Myers, J.E. (1994). The backlash: Child protection under fire. Newbury
Park, CA: Sage Publications.

Nelson, S. (2008). The Orkney “Satanic Abuse Case:” Who Cared About
the Children? In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:

Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R.

Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 337-354. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D.
Reed Publishers.

Neswald, D., Gould, C., & Graham-Costain, V. (1991). “Common programs

observed in survivors of Satanic ritual abuse.” The California

Therapist, 3 (5), 47 50. http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/sracp.htm

Neswald, David W. and Gould, Catherine. “Basic treatment and program
neutralization strategies for adult MPD survivors of satanic ritual
abuse.” Treating Abuse Today 2(3) 3 1992 pp. 5-10

Noblitt, R. (2008). Rituals: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. In

Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic,

Social and Political Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin
(Eds), pp. 17-20. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Noblitt, R. & Perskin, P. (2008). Redefining the Language of Ritual
Abuse and the Politics that Dictate It. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-

first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political

Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 21-30. Bandon,

Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Noblitt, JR; Perskin PS (2000). Cult and ritual abuse: its history,

anthropology, and recent discovery in contemporary America. New York:
Praeger. ISBN 0-275-96665-8.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=zJkTTpfyJ-8C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0

Chapter 6 – Empirical Evidence of Ritual Abuse
http://books.google.com/books?id=zJkTTpfyJ-8C&printsec=frontcover#PPA55,M1

Noblitt, PhD, J. R. – An Empirical Look at the Ritual Abuse
Controversy (2007)
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/an-empirical-look-at-the-ritual-abuse-controversy-randy-noblitt-phd/

Noblitt, J.R. (1995). “Psychometric measures of trauma among
psychiatric patients reporting ritual abuse”. Psychological Reports 77
(3):743-747. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8559911

Noblitt, J.R.; Perskin, P. S. (eds) (2008). Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-
first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political
Considerations. Bandor, OR: Robert Reed, 552. ISBN 1-934759-12-0.

Nurcombe, Barry. “The ritual abuse of children: Clinical features and
diagnostic reasoning.” Erratum. Am Acad Child and Adol Psych 30(5)
1991 p. 846

Nurcombe, Barry and Unutzer, Jurgen “The ritual abuse of children:
Clinical features and diagnostic reasoning.” [published erratum
appears in Am Acad Child Adoles Psych 30(5) 1991 p. 846] [see
comments] Am Acad Child Adoles Psych 30(2) 1991 pp. 272-6

Oksana, Chrystine (2001). Safe Passage to Healing – A Guide for
Survivors of Ritual Abuse. Lincoln, NE: iUniverse.com. ISBN
0-595-201000-8. 1994 pub. HarperPerennial.

Paley, K. (June 1992). “Dream wars: a case study of a woman with
multiple personality disorder” (PDF). Dissociation 5 (2): 111-116.
https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/bitstream/1794/1646/1/Diss_5_2_9_OCR.pdf

Pepinsky, H. (2005). “A criminologist’s quest for peace”. Critical
Justice 1 (1). http://critcrim.org/cj/index.php/critjust/article/view/4/17

Pepinsky, H. (2002) “A struggle to inquire without becoming an un-
critical non-criminologist.” Critical Criminology 11(1):61-73

Pepinsky, H. (2005). “Sharing and Responding to Memories”. American
Behavioral Scientist 48 (10): 1360. doi:10.1177/0002764205277013.

Pepinsky, H (2006) PEACEMAKING – Reflections of a Radical

Criminologist by Hal Pepinsky – The University of Ottawa Press

ISBN10: 0776606409 http://critcrim.org/sites/default/files/Pepinsky_proofs_0.pdf

Perlman, S. D. (1995). One analyst’s journey into darkness:
Countertransference resistance to recognizing sexual abuse, ritual
abuse, and multiple personality disorders. Journal of the American
Academy of Psychoanalysis, 23(1), 137-51.

Perry, N. E.(1992).Therapists’ experiences of the effects of working
with dissociative patients. Paper presented at the 9th Annual Meeting
of the International Society for the Study of Multiple Personality and
Dissociation, Chicago, IL.

Pike, Patricia L.; Mohline, Richard J.; Ritual abuse and recovery:
Survivors’ personal accounts. Journal of Psychology & Theology, Vol 23
(1), Spr 1995. pp. 45-55. https://wisdom.biola.edu/jpt

Raschke, C. (2008). The Politics of the “False Memory” Controversy:
The Making of an Academic Urban Legend. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-

first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political

Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 177- 192.

Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Raschke, Carl A. (1990). Painted Black. New York: HarperCollins. ISBN
0-06-104080-0.

Report of the Ritual Abuse Task Force – Los Angeles County Commission
for Women – Ritual abuse is a brutal form of abuse of children,
adolescents, and adults, consisting of physical, sexual, and
psychological abuse, and involving the use of rituals.

http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/report-of-the-ritual-abuse-task-force-los-angeles-county-commission-for-women/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/ra.htm

Report of Utah State Task Force on Ritual Abuse – Utah Governor’s

Commission for Women and Families (1992) http://www.saferchildren.net/print/utahrataskforce.pdf

Riseman, J. (2008). Ritual Abuse Survivors: Diverse, Yet Similar. In

Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic,

Social and Political Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin
(Eds), pp. 479-490. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Rockwell, R.B. (1994). One psychiatrists view of Satanic ritual abuse.
The Journal of Psychohistory, 21(4), 443-460.

Rogers, Martha L. “The Oude Pekela incident: A case study of alleged
SRA from the Netherlands.” Psychology and Theology, 20(3) 1992 pp.
257-59

Rutz, C. Becker, T., Overkamp, B. & Karriker, W. (2008). Exploring
Commonalities Reported by Adult Survivors of Extreme Abuse:
Preliminary Empirical Findings. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first
Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations,

J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 31- 84. Bandon, Oregon: Robert
D. Reed Publishers.

Rutz, Carol (2001). A Nation Betrayed. Grass Lake, MI: Fidelity
Publishing. ISBN 0-9710102-0-X.

Ryder, Daniel. (1992). Breaking the Circle of Satanic Ritual Abuse:
Recognizing and Recovering – CompCare Pub.

Sachs, R.; Braun, B. (1987). “Issues in treating MPD patients with
satanic cult involvement” in Fourth International Conference on
Multiple Personality/ Dissociative States. Proceedings of the Fourth
International Conference on Multiple Personality/ Dissociative States:
383-87, Chicago: Rush-Presbyterian-St.Luke’s Medical Center. as cited
in Sakheim, D.K. (1992). Out of Darkness: Exploring Satanism and
Ritual Abuse. Lexington Books. ISBN 0-669-26962-X.

Sachs, A. (2008). Infanticidal attachment: the link between
dissociative identity disorder and crime. In A. Sachs & G. Galton

(Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp.

127-139. London: Karnac.

Sachs, R.G. (1990). “The role of sex and pregnancy in Satanic cults”.
Journal of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health, 5(2):105-114

Sachs, A. & Galton, G. (Eds) (2008). Forensic Aspects of Dissociative
Identity Disorder. London: Karnac.

Chapters include discussions on ritual abuse, dissociative identity
disorder, mind control, extreme abuse, survivor accounts and criminal
convictions

http://www.karnacbooks.com/product.php?PID=25876

http://books.google.com/books?id=upHtL9lual0C&dq=Forensic+aspects+of+dissociative+identity+disorder+|&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=caNy__6-zt&sig=VwIOryBkcSN0nh24CJR3aJkS_gs&hl=en&ei=702fSbmpOo_ftgfe5eSVDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA142,M1

Sakheim, D.K. (1996). Clinical aspects of sadistic ritual abuse. In
L.K. Michelson & W.J. Ray (Eds), Handbook of dissociation:
Theoretical, empirical, and clinical perspectives, (pp. 569-594). New
York: Plenum Press.

Sakheim, D.K. (1992). Out of Darkness: Exploring Satanism and Ritual
Abuse. Lexington Books. ISBN 0-669-26962-X.

Salter, M. (2008). Out of the Shadows: Re-envisioning the Debate on
Ritual Abuse. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:

Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R.

Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 155- 176. Bandon, Oregon: Robert
D. Reed Publishers.

Salter, M. (2008) Organized abuse and the politics of disbelief (p.
243 – 283) in Proceedings of the 2nd Australian & New Zealand Critical

Criminology Conference 19 – 20 June 2008 Sydney, Australia – Presented
by the Crime & Justice Research Network and the Australian and New

Zealand Critical Criminology Network – Published by The Crime and

Justice research Newtork University of New South Wales December, 2008
http://www.cjrn.unsw.edu.au/critcrimproceedings2008.pdf ISBN:
9780646507378 (pdf)

Sarson, J. & MacDonald, L. (2008). Ritual Abuse-Torture within
Families/Groups. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment & Trauma, 16(4),
pp. 419-438. https://www.haworthpress.com:443/store/ArticleAbstract.asp?sid=GKL6RNSLURXB9PFCP3HCAPM5XE9N2W9D&ID=110371

http://www.informaworld.com/index/903766904.pdf

html article : http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/ftinterface~content=a903766904~fulltext=713240928

Sarson, J. and L. McDonald “Ritual Abuse-Torture in Families”, in
Jackson, N. (ed) Encyclopedia of Domestic Violence, Routledge, 2007

Sarson, J; MacDonald,L. – Defining Torture by Non-State Actors in the
Canadian Private Sphere – from First Light – A Biannual Publication of
the Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture http://www.ccvt.org/pdfs/firstlighwinter2009.pdf

Schmuttermaier, J; Veno S (1999). “Counselors’ beliefs about ritual
abuse: An Australian Study”. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse 8 (3):
45-63. doi:10.1300/J070v08n03_03.
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=EJ607651&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=EJ607651

Schumacher, R.B.; Carlson, R.S. (September 1999). “Variables and risk
factors associated with child abuse in daycare settings.”. Child Abuse
& Neglect 23 (9): 891-8. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Elsevier Science
Inc.. doi:10.1016/S0145-2134(99)00057-5. ISSN 0145-2134. PMID
10505902.

Scott, S. (2001). The politics and experience of ritual abuse: beyond
disbelief. Open University Press. ISBN 0335204198.
http://www.amazon.com/Politics-Experience-Ritual-Abuse/dp/0335204198

Silverstone, J. (2008). Corroboration in the body tissues. In A. Sachs

& G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity

Disorder, pp. 145-154. London: Karnac.

Sinason, V (1994). Treating Survivors of Satanist Abuse. New York:
Routledge. ISBN 0-415-10543-9.

Sinason, V., Galton, G., & Leevers, D. (2008). Where are We Now?
Ritual Abuse, Dissociation, Police and the Media. In Ritual Abuse in

the Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and

Political Considerations, J.R. Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp.
363-380. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.

Sinason, V. (2008). When murder moves inside. In A. Sachs & G. Galton

(Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity Disorder, pp.

100-107. London: Karnac.

Sinason, V. (2008). From social conditioning to mind control. In A.

Sachs & G. Galton (Eds.), Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity

Disorder, pp. 167-183. London: Karnac.

Smith, Margaret. (1993). Ritual Abuse: What it Is, why it Happens, and
how to Help by Margaret – HarperCollins

Snow B. & Sorensen (1990). “Ritualistic child abuse in a neighborhood
setting.” Journal of Interpersonal Violence 5(4):474-487.

Sparkes, Barry H. Playing with the devil: Adolescent involvement with
the occult, black magic, witchcraft, and the satanic to manage
feelings of despair. Dissertation Abstracts International. Vol. 50,
No. 12-B, Pt 1, June 1990.

Summit, R.C. (1994). “The dark tunnels of McMartin” Journal of
Psychohistory 21 (4): 397-416.
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/the-dark-tunnels-of-mcmartin-dr-roland-c-summit-journal-of-psychohistory/
http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/mcmartin.htm

Tamarkin, C. (1991). Critical Issues in the Diagnosis and Treatment of
Ritual Abuse. Workshop presented at the Eighth International
Conference on Multiple Personality I Dissociative States. Chicago, IL.

Tamarkin, C. (1994a). Investigative Issues in Ritual Abuse Cases, Part
I. Treating Abuse Today, 4 (4): 14-23. Tamarkin, C. (1994b).
Investigative Issues in Ritual Abuse Cases, Part II. Treating Abuse

Today, 4 (5): 5-9. McMartin
http://abusearticles.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/investigative-issues-in-ritual-abuse-cases-part-1-and-2-1994/

The Satanism and Ritual Abuse Archive contains 92 cases as of February
12, 2008. http://www.endritualabuse.org/ritualabusearchive.htm

Uherek, A.M. (1991). Treatment of a ritually abused preschooler. In
W.N. Friedrich (Ed.) Casebook of sexual abuse treatment. (pp. 70-92).
New York: Norton.

Valente, S. (2000). “Controversies and challenges of ritual abuse.”. J
Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 38 (11): 8-17. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11105292

Valente SM. (1992) The challenge of ritualistic child abuse. Journal
of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 5(2):37-46.
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119988480/abstract

No. 1 http://www.empty-memories.nl/dis_90/vanbenschoten_sra.pdf

Waterman, Jill; Kelly, Robert J.;Oliveri, M. K.;and McCord, Jane

(1993). Behind the Playground Walls – Sexual Abuse in Preschools. New

York, London: The Guilford Press, 284-8. ISBN 0-89862-523-8.

Wong, B., & McKeen, J. (1990). “A case of multiple life-threatening
illnesses related to early ritual abuse.” Special Issue: In the shadow
of Satan: The ritual abuse of children. Journal of Child and Youth
Care 1-26.

Woodsum, Gayle M. (1998). The Ultimate Challenge. Laramie, WY: ARI
Books. ISBN 0-9665974-0-0.

Yoeli, F.R. & Prattos, T. (2008). Terrorism is the Ritual Abuse of the
Twenty-first Century. In Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century:

Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, J.R.

Noblitt & P. S. Perskin (Eds), pp. 261-306. Bandon, Oregon: Robert D.
Reed Publishers.

Young, Walter C., Sachs, Roberta G., Braun, Bennett G., and Watkins,

R. T. (1993) “Patients reporting ritual abuse in childhood: A clinical
syndrome. Report of 37 cases.” Child Abuse and Neglect 15(3):181-9

Young, W.C. & Young, L.J. (1997). Recognition and special treatment
issues in patients reporting childhood sadistic ritual abuse. In G.A.
Fraser (Ed.), The dilemma of ritual abuse: Cautions and guides for
therapists (pp. 65-103). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press.

Young, W.C. (1992). “Recognition and treatment of survivors reporting
ritual abuse”. In Out of darkness: Exploring Satanism and Ritual
Abuse, Edited by D.K. Sakheim & S.E. Devine (pp. 249-278). New York:
Lexington.

Young, W. C. (1993). “Sadistic ritual abuse. An overview in detection
and management”. Primary Care, 20(2), 447-58.

Youngson, Sheila C.. Ritual Abuse: Consequences for Professionals.
Child Abuse Review, Dec 93, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p 251-262

Laurence Taylor

Aug 8, 2009, 7:44:16 AM8/8/09
childadvocate wrote:

> Child pornography is unfortunately a billion dollar industry

Rubbish.
--
rgds
LAurence

Nigel Oldfield

Aug 8, 2009, 11:47:49 AM8/8/09
On Aug 8, 12:44 pm, Laurence Taylor <see-head...@nospam.plus.com>
wrote:

Yes, don't go too far CA :)

WM

childadvocate

Aug 8, 2009, 1:06:35 PM8/8/09
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/FedCrimes/Story?id=4712725&page=1
"According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
(NCMEC), child pornography is a $20 billion-a-year black market
industry that has been proliferating on the Internet."

Mueller: ‘We’re Losing’ the Child Porn War FBI Director Says Task
Forces, More Record Retention Could Help Combat the Problem By Jason
Ryan – Washington, 4/23/08 U.S. law enforcement is losing the battle
to combat child pornography and child exploitation on the Internet,
FBI Director Robert Mueller said today during a House Judiciary
Committee hearing. FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III told members of
Congress that, in the battle against the spread of child pornography,
“We’re losing.”….”It is growing on the Internet, exponentially is
probably too strong a term, but just about every crime there is has
gravitated to the Internet, and in certain cases, the Internet has
provided the vehicle for expansion that otherwise would not be there,
and that’s certainly true with child pornography,” Mueller told Franks
and the rest of the committee. Due to the growing use of the Internet,
digital photography and encryption software, the problem has become
more pervasive in recent years….According to the National Center for
Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), child pornography is a $20
billion-a-year black market industry that has been proliferating on
the Internet….Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., questioned the
FBI’s allocation of resources on the issue and told the Director, “I
don’t think that the FBI is doing enough to pursue online child
predators… There are about 500,000 known online child pornographers,
people trading these images — these are depictions of sexual acts that
are actually happening, crime scene photographs.”
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/FedCrimes/Story?id=4712725&page=1

Germany breaks up child porn ring 4/16/09 Police in Germany have said
they have broken up a child pornography network suspected of involving
around 9,000 people in more than 90 countries. Officers in the Baden-
Wuerttemberg said obscene images were being sent over the internet to
countries in Europe, as well as the US, Canada and New Zealand. The
footage included "images of the most serious sexual abuse", they
added. In raids across Germany, 500 computers and 43,000 storage
devices were seized, and a number of people were arrested.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8003129.stm

Scottish paedophile ring found guilty of more than 50 charges Severin
Carrell, Scotland correspondent guardian.co.uk, 5/7/09 A ring of
eight paedophiles, including a former welfare campaigner for young gay
men, were today convicted of child abuse and producing indecent images
of children. The men, from across central Scotland, were found guilty
by a jury in Edinburgh of more than 50 charges, ranging from abusing
infants from three months old to conspiracy and holding more than
125,000 images of child pornography. Two of the leaders of the gang,
the biggest paedophile network uncovered in Scotland, were convicted
of raping and abusing the young children of close friends while they
were babysitting, and sharing images of the abuse....A further 7,000
images were found, together with emails clearly showing that other
children were at serious risk. Lothian and Borders detectives launched
Operation Algebra, and were given warrants by courts in the United
States to obtain email records from Microsoft. Expert witnesses were
able to identify one digital camera used to record the abuse from the
photographs....Milligan had 78,000 images in his possession....Webber,
Boath and Milligan were found guilty of conspiring to participate in
the sexual abuse of children along with Strachan and Rennie. Campbell
was cleared of conspiracy. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/may/07/scottish-paedophile-ring-guilty-child-abuse

Wasaga Beach man charged in child porn raids by Trina Berlo 2/5/09
OPP ...Commissioner Julian Fantino announced at a press conference in
Toronto earlier today a total of 93 charges had been laid against 31
people after police executed 33 search warrants in raids across the
province yesterday. Charges include sexual assault, sexual
interference, making child pornography, making child pornography
available, distributing child pornography and possession of child
pornography....The raids were executed by police services in 18
municipalities, including Barrie, as part of the Provincial Strategy
to Protect Children from Sexual Assault and Exploitation on the
Internet. Since the strategy was implemented in August 2006 at the
request of the provincial government, police have laid 1,983 charges
against 634 people as a result of 4,782 investigations. The Child
Sexual Exploitation Section of the OPP investigated another 996 cases,
resulting in 392 charges being laid against 144 people....Those
charged are all men and many are relatives or neighbours of victims,
said police. Police say collections of child pornography in
circulation on the Internet include hundreds of thousands of images
and hundreds of child rape videos. The victims are increasingly
younger and the images are more violent as the appetite for live video
of child sexual abuse on the Internet grows, say police. Often
mistaken as victimless, most child pornography offences in Ontario
involve the actual sexual exploitation, rape and sexual torture of
children, including infants, on-camera, said police....Studies suggest
19 out of 20 cases of child sexual abuse go undetected. Only one in 10
adults report sexual assault and the sexual assault of children is
reported less often. Possessors of child pornography have a very high
propensity to be hands-on abusers, and studies in the United States
indicate that anywhere from 30-80 per cent of collectors of child
sexual abuse images are hands-on abusers. Studies indicate abusers
have anywhere from 13-30 child victims each. http://www.simcoe.com/article/128263

Nigel Oldfield

Aug 8, 2009, 1:20:33 PM8/8/09
> devices were seized, and a number of people were arrested.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8003129.stm

> Scottish paedophile ring found guilty of more than 50 charges Severin
> Carrell, Scotland correspondent guardian.co.uk, 5/7/09  A ring of
> eight paedophiles, including a former welfare campaigner for young gay
> men, were today convicted of child abuse and producing indecent images
> of children. The men, from across central Scotland, were found guilty
> by a jury in Edinburgh of more than 50 charges, ranging from abusing
> infants from three months old to conspiracy and holding more than
> 125,000 images of child pornography. Two of the leaders of the gang,
> the biggest paedophile network uncovered in Scotland, were convicted
> of raping and abusing the young children of close friends while they
> were babysitting, and sharing images of the abuse....A further 7,000
> images were found, together with emails clearly showing that other
> children were at serious risk. Lothian and Borders detectives launched
> Operation Algebra, and were given warrants by courts in the United
> States to obtain email records from Microsoft. Expert witnesses were
> able to identify one digital camera used to record the abuse from the
> photographs....Milligan had 78,000 images in his possession....Webber,
> Boath and Milligan were found guilty of conspiring to participate in
> the sexual abuse of children along with Strachan and Rennie. Campbell
> was cleared of conspiracy.http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/may/07/scottish-paedophile-ring-gui...

... and you believe the NCMEC? They are, basically, the CIA.

WM

childadvocate

Aug 8, 2009, 6:00:54 PM8/8/09
Hadn't heard this. I thought they tried to protect children.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US

Nigel Oldfield

Aug 8, 2009, 6:30:57 PM8/8/09
On Aug 8, 11:00 pm, childadvocate <smartn...@aol.com> wrote:
> Hadn't heard this. I thought they tried to protect children.http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?Lang...

Whatever their aim *appeared to be*, they are agitators and liars.
They are the notional equivalent of the NSPCC or Kidscape -
gatekeepers to distance, yet assist, the government of the day from
the lies.

e.g. your quote from them has been totally discounted (not to mention
related distortions and misinformation).

* Rosen, Jeffrey (2005). "The Internet Has Made Government Action
Against Child Pornography Untenable," in Opposing Viewpoints: Mass
Media. Ed. William Dudley. San Diego: Greenhaven Press.

Child pornography is often alleged to be a 20 billion dollar
industry. If this is true, that would put it at twice the size of the
adult porn industry: "But today, as Frank Rich reported in The New
York Times Magazine last May [2002] the porn industry—much of it hard-
core—generates at least $10 billion per year in revenues for more than
70,000 websites, porn networks, pay-per-view and rental movies [700
million porn rentals per year], cable and satellite television, and
magazine publishers."

*****

How big is the online kiddie porn industry?
http://www.radosh.net/archive/001481.html

Statistics Laundering: false and fantastic figures
http://libertus.net/censor/resources/statistics-laundering.html

WM

Judith M Smith

Aug 9, 2009, 7:30:12 AM8/9/09
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 10:06:35 -0700 (PDT), childadvocate
<smar...@aol.com> wrote:
<snip>

You do an excellent job of reminding us how abhorrent the actions of
paedophiles are.

Many thanks.

Jon Thomas

Aug 9, 2009, 2:14:45 PM8/9/09
Judith M Smith wrote:

> childadvocate wrote:
> <snip>

> You do an excellent job of reminding us how abhorrent the actions of
> paedophiles are.

> Many thanks.

Is she a freelancer, do you think, or is she a part
of the multi-million dollar child abuse industry?

childadvocate

Aug 9, 2009, 6:14:35 PM8/9/09
Thank you for your post and your courage to defend children on the
web.
http://ritualabuse.us

childadvocate

Aug 9, 2009, 6:17:04 PM8/9/09
Really. There is little money in defending children. But there is
unfortunately a lot of money in defending pedophiles and creating
child pornography. What industry are you a part of?

Nigel Oldfield

Aug 9, 2009, 6:28:07 PM8/9/09

The CAI? One of the biggest, growth industries in the last 20
years ... and most of it based on falsehoods.

[and creating child pornography.]

There would be if anybody was ... and that would be fine by me, within
limits.

I do like you posting, though ... you post things I would have missed
and things I can correct, so keep it up.

WM

Cynic

Aug 10, 2009, 7:12:34 AM8/10/09
On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 15:17:04 -0700 (PDT), childadvocate
<smar...@aol.com> wrote:

>Really. There is little money in defending children.

Child protection is a multi-million pound industry. Take a look at
the NSPCC balance sheets to see just a part of it.

> But there is
>unfortunately a lot of money in defending pedophiles and creating
>child pornography.

Is there? Evidence?

--
Cynic

Jon Thomas

Aug 10, 2009, 3:33:38 PM8/10/09
childadvocate wrote:

> Jon Thomas wrote:
>> Judith M Smith wrote:
>>> childadvocate wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>> You do an excellent job of reminding us how abhorrent the actions of
>>> paedophiles are.
>>> Many thanks.

>> Is she a freelancer, do you think, or is she a part
>> of the multi-million dollar child abuse industry?

> Really. There is little money in defending children.

But apparently there is money to be made in talking
up child abuse, and jobs to go with it.

> But there is unfortunately a lot of money in defending pedophiles

I see no evidence of that�just the opposite, in fact.

> and creating child pornography.

Can you give me an example of someone who has
grown rich making it?

> What industry are you a part of?

Something far removed from the child abuse industry,
I'm glad to say, but it's hard to avoid its clamour.

Laurence Taylor

Aug 10, 2009, 6:06:44 PM8/10/09
Nigel Oldfield wrote:

> How big is the online kiddie porn industry?
> http://www.radosh.net/archive/001481.html
>
> Statistics Laundering: false and fantastic figures
> http://libertus.net/censor/resources/statistics-laundering.html

And also
http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB114485422875624000-vi6JvzfEB6Kw_EwkpUjGHu1LgnM_20060517.html

--
rgds
LAurence

childadvocate

Aug 11, 2009, 12:34:14 AM8/11/09
http://www.yourdictionary.com/hacker/child-pornography
Royal Mounted Canadian Police Corporal Jim Gillis, head of Project
Horizon, a policing initiative dealing with online child pornography
and based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, maintains that the Internet
pornography industry generates a whopping $57 billion annually
worldwide and supports more than four million Websites. In that group,
notes Gillis, there are more than 100,000 child pornography sites
creating about $2.5 billion a year in revenues.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:0y1vjAUusgMJ:www.todays-woman.net/article1184.html+child+pornography+billions&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
Internet Saftey: Kiddie Porn Worth Billions
Author:Suzanne Stanford
The online child pornography business is a 20 billion dollar business,
according to ABC's "Good Morning America". Kids and teens need to
absolutely understand that posting photos of themselves online plays
right into pornographers hands.

http://www.marshal8e6.com/newsitem.asp?article=68&section=news
Electronic porn has swelled to a $57 billion industry worldwide, with
child porn at $3 billion and growing. Research statistics gathered by
Family Safe Media and a variety of studies report roughly 2.5 billion
pornographic emails daily, with the majority of traffic occurring
during the nine-to-five workday. Studies also reveal that over 50
percent of employees admit to viewing or sending illicit, personal
email at work – not a surprising statistic considering the ease and
anonymity of using personal computers to access, download and
distribute pornography at work.

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/2554
$3 Billion in Annual Sales
Allen says that global sales of illegal pornography that exploits
children--including those under 4 years old--are about $3 billion a
year.
He says many of those sales are inside the United States and the bulk
is being spent on pictures of pre-pubescent U.S. girls sold mainly to
U.S. consumers.

Nigel Oldfield

Aug 11, 2009, 1:41:04 AM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 5:34 am, childadvocate <smartn...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://www.yourdictionary.com/hacker/child-pornography
> Royal Mounted Canadian Police Corporal Jim Gillis, head of Project
> Horizon, a policing initiative dealing with online child pornography
> and based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, maintains that the Internet
> pornography industry generates a whopping $57 billion annually
> worldwide and supports more than four million Websites. In that group,
> notes Gillis, there are more than 100,000 child pornography sites
> creating about $2.5 billion a year in revenues.
>
> http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:0y1vjAUusgMJ:www.todays-woman.net...

> Internet Saftey: Kiddie Porn Worth Billions
> Author:Suzanne Stanford
> The online child pornography business is a 20 billion dollar business,
> according to ABC's "Good Morning America". Kids and teens need to
> absolutely understand that posting photos of themselves online plays
> right into pornographers hands.
>
> http://www.marshal8e6.com/newsitem.asp?article=68&section=news
> Electronic porn has swelled to a $57 billion industry worldwide, with
> child porn at $3 billion and growing.  Research statistics gathered by
> Family Safe Media and a variety of studies report roughly 2.5 billion
> pornographic emails daily, with the majority of traffic occurring
> during the nine-to-five workday. Studies also reveal that over 50
> percent of employees admit to viewing or sending illicit, personal
> email at work – not a surprising statistic considering the ease and
> anonymity of using personal computers to access, download and
> distribute pornography at work.
>
> http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/2554
> $3 Billion in Annual Sales
> Allen says that global sales of illegal pornography that exploits
> children--including those under 4 years old--are about $3 billion a
> year.
> He says many of those sales are inside the United States and the bulk
> is being spent on pictures of pre-pubescent U.S. girls sold mainly to
> U.S. consumers.

Yes, it is all bollocks ... what is your point?

WM

Nigel Oldfield

Aug 11, 2009, 1:50:13 AM8/11/09
... but, don't take my word for it, email Ernie "pick a figure or fact
out of the air" Allen and ask him where his "$3 billion a year"
originated.

Then come back and tell us.

WM

dg

Aug 11, 2009, 12:06:41 PM8/11/09
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:34:14 -0700 (PDT), childadvocate
<smar...@aol.com> wrote:

>http://www.yourdictionary.com/hacker/child-pornography
>Royal Mounted Canadian Police Corporal Jim Gillis, head of Project
>Horizon, a policing initiative dealing with online child pornography
>and based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, maintains that the Internet
>pornography industry generates a whopping $57 billion annually
>worldwide and supports more than four million Websites. In that group,
>notes Gillis, there are more than 100,000 child pornography sites
>creating about $2.5 billion a year in revenues.

Amazing how these people never seem to get arrested. Where is the
headline case where the Mr Big who has raked in millions is held to
account?

My guess is these self-promoting cops like Mr Gills are including
sites that aren't actually illegal.

Jon Thomas

Aug 11, 2009, 2:52:56 PM8/11/09
childadvocate wrote:

> Allen says that global sales of illegal pornography that exploits
> children--including those under 4 years old--are about $3 billion a
> year.

Allen is CEO of the National Center for Missing and
Exploited Children, you say?

Message has been deleted

dg

Aug 12, 2009, 6:44:19 AM8/12/09
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:41:07 -0700 (PDT), childadvocate
<smar...@aol.com> wrote:

>Interesting how you joined googlegroups just to reply to this one
>article.

except I didn't......