Back To Gaming Play, Want, Bin

The Rev

Jul 10, 2006, 3:57:19 AM7/10/06
No more footie, so back to gaming.

PLAY

Chromehounds (360) - Piloting and designing the hounds is great, but the
single player mission design is terrible and the online section is
currently utterly broken. I'm probably going to have to take it back to
Game, which is a shame, as I really, really like stomping around in the
hounds.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (DS) - It's a 3D beat-em-up.
It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's a good solid game.
Online reviews complain that you only need to use the main attack
button, but while that's (only) mostly true I don't see that it's a
problem. And I bought two copies, because it's also co-op. The whole
story mode can be played through by two players, which obviously adds to
the fun. And my fiancée played through the single player from beginning
to end - it's the first action game she's ever completed. I'm proud. So,
yes, better than average film tie-in that's been given some care and
attention. (Enemies with ranged attacks don't seem to be able to attack
from off-screen, for example. And there are tons of unlockables. And
there are three mini games, one of which is playable.)

ZangbandTK (PC) - Takes a fair amount of effort to get into, but it's
very much worth it. I'm currently playing as a series of Vampire
Mindcrafters, who are tricky to keep alive at first, but have some great
powers. Best free game ever!

Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) - Not much changes in Venture. Some
animals come and go, but it's basically the same every day. I think
that's part of the appeal. I just like to dip into a nice, easy world
once a day. Got a black DS Lite for my birthday, so handed over my white
one to my fiancée, who spent a good long time running round her town
gaping at the colours.

Uno (360) - Couple of games just to check my Live connection was working
okay. Lost them both, damn it.

LocoRoco (PSP) - Lunchtime gaming has been taken over by ZangbandTK, so
this has fallen by the wayside somewhat. Pity.

WANT

Chromehounds (360) - I want the servers to be up. And I want more parts
to add to my own big, stompy hound. He's called Rooney and he's bright
blue, bright green and bright pink.

Time (RL) - Game queue increasing. Tons of PSP games now waiting for
LocoRoco to be finished and Yu-Gi-Oh (DS) and Street Fighter Alpha
Anthology (PS2) arrived today. And there's Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
(360) and Thief (XBOX) unplayed and Hitman Blood Money (360) to be
finished and... and.. and yet I still want...

Live Arcade (360) - MORE GAMES PLEASE. Street Fighter on Thursday would
be a lovely birthday present, Microsoft and Capcom.

BIN

Chromehounds (360) - Specifically, the servers. Also, the way the squads
are set up means that even if it was all working I doubt I'd have the
time to play it properly.

--
Xbox Live Gamertag: That Rev Chap
http://www.mysecretshame.co.uk

Zomoniac

Jul 10, 2006, 4:00:09 AM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10 08:57:19 +0100, The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> said:

> No more footie, so back to gaming.

And don't we hate it :(

> PLAY

Sod all really. About ten minutes worth of multiplayer World Cup. And I
think that's it. Going out a lot and drinking too much.

> WANT

A new TV. Bring on my 50" Bravia. Why is it that the month I find
myself TV-less is the month my car insurace is up for renewal?

> BIN

My baby. Basil, the Dalmatian that was born in my dad's boot and I've
had since birth, was put down on Saturday at the age of 12 after his
spine finally collapsed entirely and he could no longer stand up :(

--
http://myspace.com/zomoniac
http://myspace.com/blinduk

Chris Whitworth

Jul 10, 2006, 4:28:00 AM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10, The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> No more footie, so back to gaming.

There was some football on? I didn't notice...

> PLAY

New Super Mario Bros (DS) - I have to play this in short bursts or I become at
risk of destroying my DS. I should maybe just concentrate on getting through
it for the first time rather than trying to find all the gold coins and things
on my first run throught.

LocoRoco (PSP) - Mujo! Mujo! This game features some of the best level design
I've ever seen. Also, some of the most frustrating.

WoW (PC) - Level 42 baby! *slap bass solo*

Titan Quest Demo (PC) - It's Diablo, but in ancient Greece and without random
dungeons. It's really very good indeed, although it's slightly irritating that
you don't appear to be able to rotate items in your inventory meaning that
it's easy to have enough *space* to pick something up, but it still won't fit.
IYSWIM.

> WANT

Titan Quest - 17.99 from Amazon. Ordered.

> BIN

Play.com having a sale on.

Seeing Office Space on friday night and realising that my life had become the
same. *hides his stapler*

Chris
--
* Bring back blue sky in games! *

roondog

Jul 10, 2006, 4:10:25 AM7/10/06

"The Rev" <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> No more footie, so back to gaming.
What do you mean no more footie? The pre-season starts here and I get to see
some championship and premiership football in this little city then its on
to the season in a months time.

> PLAY
> Brain training (DS) I've gone from 60 to 30 in a week i've also started to
play some count dooku on it.

Mario Kart (DS) I'm having trouble finding games online. How long should it
take to find a game?

GRAW (360) The UGVX clan is starting so lots of practice needed.

> WANT

Animal Crossing (DS) Its time to see what all the fuss is about.

Success in my next job application.

Some level of fitness so I can complete the sport releif mile without much
embarrasment.

> BIN

Everyone who is not willing to employ me.

James Luff

Jul 10, 2006, 5:45:46 AM7/10/06
Zomoniac wrote:
>> BIN
>
> My baby. Basil, the Dalmatian that was born in my dad's boot and I've
> had since birth, was put down on Saturday at the age of 12 after his
> spine finally collapsed entirely and he could no longer stand up :(

Sorry to hear that mate, we had our dog put down about 18 months ago.
You know you've done the right thing but you still feel bad about it.
You've had a pretty rough time lately, I hope things take a turn for the
better soon.

--
regards, James Luff Gamertag: Lufferov
remove 'nospam' to e-mail

Resident Drunk

Jul 10, 2006, 5:52:31 AM7/10/06

"Zomoniac" <the_pro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

My sympathies pal - we lost our Golden Retriever - Harpo - a couple of
months ago. He was 16 and even now the house seems empty.

Zomoniac

Jul 10, 2006, 5:54:52 AM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10 10:45:46 +0100, James Luff <james...@nospamdsl.pipex.com> said:

> Zomoniac wrote:
>>> BIN
>>
>> My baby. Basil, the Dalmatian that was born in my dad's boot and I've
>> had since birth, was put down on Saturday at the age of 12 after his
>> spine finally collapsed entirely and he could no longer stand up :(
>
> Sorry to hear that mate, we had our dog put down about 18 months ago.
> You know you've done the right thing but you still feel bad about it.
> You've had a pretty rough time lately, I hope things take a turn for
> the better soon.

Yup, it never rains, as they say. I'm trying to remain optimistic
throughout all of this, but losing your fiancee, home, gaming rig and
puppy within a month is kinda taking the piss a bit. Still, time to
grit my teeth and get on with it.

Zomoniac

Jul 10, 2006, 5:59:27 AM7/10/06

Well fortunately I still have my other two, Stella my Lurcher and Tyler
my Irish Deerhound, but even they're very depressed at the moment.
Tyler is usually the most chilled out dog in the world and never
attacks anything, and on one 20 minute walk attacked 3 seperate dogs on
Saturday afternoon. They both refuse to even get up most of the time,
when they're normally very playful. It's depressing. And thanks, the
support is much appreciated.

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Jul 10, 2006, 6:33:42 AM7/10/06
In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,

The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>No more footie, so back to gaming.

But as a result of the final, there's going to be at least a week of
France-bashing. Surely that's just as entertaining? :)

>PLAY

Wild Arms Alter Code F (PS2) - So in our colorful Wild West metaphor, the
Elw are the Native Americans and the incredibly rare, powerful firearms
are... nuclear weapons? Every line of dialogue about the ARM devices seems
to have been lifted from fearful Japanese editorials about long-range
bombs and missiles. Of course, I choose to complain about the social
commentary and not about the talking mouse, the giant robots or the
satellite-based molecular transport.

Wild Arms (PSX) - Just an hours or so for comparison's sake. It's amazing
how much of the RPG mechanic you don't miss if it's skillfully made
unnecesary. For example, in Wild Arms you have to spend a fair amount of
time tweaking your armor and clothing. In the Alter Code remake, you spend
your money on functional skill items that give you different combat
abilities, and you don't worry so much about keeping the stat numbers up.
It's nice to be able to play to the plot, rather than being mired in
random encounters to earn that four GP for the next best helmet.

Neverwinter Nights (PC) - For another hour. And now I'm done with the
tutorial. I'm this close to getting a hold of that funny Canadian D-pad
with the 92 buttons on it so I can play the sodding game without the
keyboard and/or mouse. Yes, I could be charitably described as a console
weenie.

>Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (DS) - It's a 3D beat-em-up.
>It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's a good solid game.

Did Bethesda do the DS game, or only the big console versions? I just
picked up the first game (which was supposed to be the next Sea Dogs) and
I haven't had a chance to give it a go.

>WANT

>Time (RL) - Game queue increasing. Tons of PSP games now waiting for
>LocoRoco to be finished and Yu-Gi-Oh (DS) and Street Fighter Alpha
>Anthology (PS2) arrived today. And there's Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
>(360) and Thief (XBOX) unplayed and Hitman Blood Money (360) to be
>finished and... and.. and yet I still want...

At least you seem to be playing everything you buy. I'll trade you some of
my spare time for some of your gaming enthusiasm. I must have a half-dozen
PS2 games lying around of which I haven't even seen the title screen. We
Love Katamari, one of the Drakengard games, a couple of Nippon Ichi titles
that I should be more excited about.

>BIN

Xbox 360 - Yes, this went in the bin last week, but I foolishly thought
that it might make a decent DVD movie player set up in the other room. In
tennis terms, that's a double-fault. How can a $30 platter stamped out in
a Brazilian factory play DVD discs better than the freaking Xbox? Back on
the shelf it goes.

-KKC, thinking of fun things to do with alumnium foil at work.
--
"These are the good years for Barb and me. We installed a bible - kendrick
detector at the front door. And now when the doorbell rings and - @io.com

Sir Chewbury Gubbins

Jul 10, 2006, 6:36:46 AM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10, Great Cthulhu rose from the deep and compelled Zomoniac to exclaim:

On the positive side - it's a good time to move. You can go wherever you
like and do whatever you want. It aint all bad.

Choobs

--
Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury...@nelefa.org>
"Streaming through the starlit sky, travelling by telephone" - Syd Barret 1967

http://www.nelefa.org - Game Diary, Fiction, and Ramblings

The Rev

Jul 10, 2006, 6:49:19 AM7/10/06
Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
> In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,
> The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (DS) - It's a 3D beat-em-up.
>> It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's a good solid game.
>
> Did Bethesda do the DS game, or only the big console versions?

There's no big console versions this time, just handheld versions.
Though the first movie's game seems to have been released. One of the
logos at the start says AMAZE, I think, but I'm not sure if that's the
developer or not.

> At least you seem to be playing everything you buy.

Nope. Games just finally fall out of my must-play pile. Found a copy of
Pac 'n' Roll last night that I'd completely forgotten about. And I've
got more unplayed RPGs than I've had hot dinners (in the last week or two).

> Xbox 360 - Yes, this went in the bin last week, but I foolishly thought
> that it might make a decent DVD movie player set up in the other room. In
> tennis terms, that's a double-fault. How can a $30 platter stamped out in
> a Brazilian factory play DVD discs better than the freaking Xbox? Back on
> the shelf it goes.

I use it as my standard DVD player for R2 DVDs, as it doesn't have the
lip sync problems of my main Toshiba player. Seems to do a fine job to
me. What's wrong with it?

Zomoniac

Jul 10, 2006, 6:48:24 AM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10 11:36:46 +0100, Sir Chewbury Gubbins
<chewbury...@nelefa.org> said:

> On 2006-07-10, Great Cthulhu rose from the deep and compelled Zomoniac
> to exclaim:

>>> Sorry to hear that mate, we had our dog put down about 18 months ago.
>>> You know you've done the right thing but you still feel bad about it.
>>> You've had a pretty rough time lately, I hope things take a turn for
>>> the better soon.
>>
>> Yup, it never rains, as they say. I'm trying to remain optimistic
>> throughout all of this, but losing your fiancee, home, gaming rig and
>> puppy within a month is kinda taking the piss a bit. Still, time to
>> grit my teeth and get on with it.
>
> On the positive side - it's a good time to move. You can go wherever you
> like and do whatever you want. It aint all bad.
>
> Choobs

Not really, I'm in a stupidly overpaid job that I can't afford to
leave, so I'm tied to Bradford, but my spending addiction means I can't
actually afford to get a house, so I'm back in with my dad! Joy of joys
:)

I'll be ok though, going out and getting too drunk for my own good most
nights, helps a lot. I haven't had a social life of any description in
about 3 years, it kinda nice to get back out with my friends and living
a free(ish) life.

The Rev

Jul 10, 2006, 6:52:23 AM7/10/06
Zomoniac wrote:

> A new TV. Bring on my 50" Bravia. Why is it that the month I find myself
> TV-less is the month my car insurace is up for renewal?

I put a 32" Sony TV on our wedding list as my current TV isn't too hot,
but I doubt we'll get it. Would need an HDMI switch, too, even without
taking into account the (eventually) inevitable PS3 purchase.

> My baby. Basil, the Dalmatian that was born in my dad's boot and I've
> had since birth, was put down on Saturday at the age of 12 after his
> spine finally collapsed entirely and he could no longer stand up :(

I'm sorry to hear that.

Trousers

Jul 10, 2006, 7:02:20 AM7/10/06
The Rev wrote:
> No more footie, so back to gaming.
>
> PLAY

Oblivion (360) : Just shy of 70 hours now. I finished the arena
scrappage using my new sneaky go invisible then sneak about and twat
them in the back of their heid while they're not looking routine as well
as some tasty frost staff action. I then did a bit more of the main
quest (again going invisible and whipping through a dungeon only
fighting when necessary) and levelled up a couple of times.

New Super Mario Bros (DS) : It came on Saturday and we've all had a good
do on it although the wife and stepson appear to be utter shite at it.
I've made it to world 3 and so far it's very enjoyable although there
are too many falls to certain death for my liking.

Prey Demo (360) : I fired up the 360 to play Oblivion only it wasn't in
the drive and I had a sleeping child on me and the wife was upstairs and
I didn't want to shout and wake the baby. Hence I actually had to play
something *other* than Oblivion so played this through to the end. I'm
in two minds really - it's quite atmospheric and the plot seems
interesting but there's some niggles that annoy me like "No mortal
barrier can stand in your way in spirit mode". Except doors. Great.

> WANT

To know what ZZ was actually thinking at the time.

> BIN

Mr Driller Drill Spirits. Ok I admit it - it's because I'm rubbish at it.

DBSnappa

Jul 10, 2006, 7:08:27 AM7/10/06
The Rev wrote:
> No more footie, so back to gaming.

Last nights game was quite good, and I thought France should have won,
even though I predicted Italy would before the match. Zizou coming to la
serrure stocke et deux barils fumant, or something ;-)

> PLAY

Didn't do much at all, really. Did about an hour on GW and was largely
shit, apart from getting close to 1.5m on one go.
Played the Prey demo as well for about half and hour - the start is
bollocks and doesn't look very good, then the alien ship feels like
Native American Doom, then I got to the spiritual bit and had to switch
off and I have to say that I was left a little unimpressed, doubly so by
the lack of save ability. I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the
doubt, but not if I have to go through that rubbish start again.

Oh and some LocoRoco as well, but not much, just a few levels. The crap
buttons on the PSP and the uncomfortableness of using the piece of shit
is starting to put me off this game, which is a shame.

> WANT

To rediscover my gaming enthusiasm.

> BIN

The PSP's seriously flawed haptic interface and shit buttons and
controls - it's got all the responsiveness of a second hand mega drive
pad that belonged to a 14 yr old Street Fighter devotee.

DBSnappa

Jul 10, 2006, 7:12:03 AM7/10/06
Zomoniac wrote:

>> BIN
>

> My baby. Basil, the Dalmatian that was born in my dad's boot and I've
> had since birth, was put down on Saturday at the age of 12 after his
> spine finally collapsed entirely and he could no longer stand up :(

Sorry to hear that, mate - it's always horrible having to put down pets,
particularly dogs, as they are such unquestionably loyal, trusting
companions. It must feel like having a limb removed.

Focus on the good times you had together rather than the loss and let
time do it's inimitable job of healing.

deKay

Jul 10, 2006, 7:17:19 AM7/10/06
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 10 Jul
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk The Rev
<the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>PLAY

Animal Crossing (DS)
Usual turniping.

Oblivion (360)
Super Gate Closure-Tastic! Closed three or four of them as part of the main
quest. I don't really like the gates though - I prefer the "open" world
stuff. Anyway. I've enchanted more stuff, so I have a permanent 43% shield,
loads of magic resistance, and a zubar-powerful shock sword, so nothing so
much as scratches me.

Brain Age (DS)
35% done with the sudoku now.

>WANT

All my DS and GBA games to arrive, namely:
Magnetica
Age of Empires
Point Blank
Dial Hex
Dotstream
Boundish

Every other DS game ever.
Some XBLA games.

>BIN

Not much actually.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
"It's like a cross between SSX, The Magic Roundabout, Homestar Runner,

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Jul 10, 2006, 7:20:50 AM7/10/06
In article <4hephpF...@individual.net>,

The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
>> In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,
>> The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (DS) - It's a 3D beat-em-up.
>>> It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's a good solid game.
>>
>> Did Bethesda do the DS game, or only the big console versions?
>
>There's no big console versions this time, just handheld versions.
>Though the first movie's game seems to have been released. One of the

Ah, confusion on my part. Bethesda's just put out a PS2 game that's not
directly tied to the current movie. 'PotC: Legend of Jack Sparrow' is what
they're calling it. Holy overexposure, Batman.

>> Xbox 360 - Yes, this went in the bin last week, but I foolishly thought
>> that it might make a decent DVD movie player set up in the other room. In
>> tennis terms, that's a double-fault. How can a $30 platter stamped out in
>> a Brazilian factory play DVD discs better than the freaking Xbox? Back on
>> the shelf it goes.
>
>I use it as my standard DVD player for R2 DVDs, as it doesn't have the
>lip sync problems of my main Toshiba player. Seems to do a fine job to
>me. What's wrong with it?

It's very slow to respond to commands when searching or accessing
features, as if the DVD read head has trouble figuring out where
everything is. Oddly, this is a problem only with movies and not with
games. I'm willing to concede that this might be an issue with my
particular unit and not with Xbox 360 consoles in general, but that does
nothing to improve my opinion. :)

-KKC, who found a lost pair of sunglasses in the room where the cat
litter box is. How hot should I heat this butane to kill the bacteria?

Zomoniac

Jul 10, 2006, 7:28:44 AM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10 12:17:19 +0100, deKay <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk> said:

>> WANT
>
> All my DS and GBA games to arrive, namely:
> Magnetica

To roughly quote Mary, "it's like Zuma but shit because it doesn't have
a frog".

deKay

Jul 10, 2006, 7:27:29 AM7/10/06
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 10 Jul
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
<the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

You have my sympathy. I don't like dogs, but my cat died last year at the age
of 16 :(

You don't really want to "bin" him though, surely? I'm not sure the council
take that sort of thing away.

deKay

Jul 10, 2006, 7:36:13 AM7/10/06
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 10 Jul
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Trousers <getf...@bibble.com>

fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>The Rev wrote:

>Oblivion (360) : Just shy of 70 hours now. I finished the arena
>scrappage using my new sneaky go invisible then sneak about and twat
>them in the back of their heid while they're not looking routine as well
>as some tasty frost staff action. I then did a bit more of the main
>quest (again going invisible and whipping through a dungeon only
>fighting when necessary) and levelled up a couple of times.

I'm almost at 85 (recorded) hours now. You can add about 10 "piss about"
hours to that.

I'm ubar-powerful now, with 43% shield (ace when I use my Breton 50% shield
power!), and a shock sword that kills anything in less than 5 hits, so no foe
poses a threat.

deKay

Jul 10, 2006, 7:39:38 AM7/10/06
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 10 Jul
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Zomoniac
<the_pro...@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>> Magnetica
>
>To roughly quote Mary, "it's like Zuma but shit because it doesn't have
>a frog".

Indeed. It is also only £12.

Chris Stevens

Jul 10, 2006, 7:47:01 AM7/10/06
"The Rev" <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No more footie, so back to gaming.

Footy never ends, ever. It's just that the fancy stuff is out of the way,
and it's back to the grim week-to-week realities. If you thought England
were depressing, imagine having a whole season of Ipswich Town ahead of you.
:)

> PLAY

The Outfit (360)
Really quite good. Racking up the medals and thoroughly enjoying it.

Phoenix Wright (DS)
Finally finished the 4th case. Hurrah.

Call of Duty 2 (360)
Back on the veteran campaign trail. It really is very unforgiving, isn't it?
Poke your head out from behind a wall, and die instantly. Repeat several
times, before giving up in a big sweary strop. Good, though.

The Incredibles (xbox)
My boy saved up his pocket money for this after having played the demo to
death, and he's really enjoying it. I had a couple of quick goes and it's
actually not bad. It's a decent third person action adventure thing, and has
quite a nice feel to it. Just about the only problem is a slightly dodgy
camera. Oh, and a hideous boss level (where Mr Incredible first encounters
the ball/robot thing) that would have frustrated me to the point of never
playing again, but credit to the lad - he's still bravely plugging away at
it.

> WANT

Prey (360)
Still not given the demo a proper go, but what I have seen suggests that
I'll be buying it.

Enough free time to play the DS *and* read. (RL)
The DS seems to have taken the place of books in my life at the minute, and
with another couple of books added to my 'to read' pile over the weekend I
need to sort it out. Still, off on holiday in a couple of weeks which should
help clear the backlog a bit.

> BIN

Mutant Storm (360)
Reactions and general co-ordination seem to go out the window whenever I
play this. Too frustrating for me.

Chris.

GT: SomethingWitty

The Rev

Jul 10, 2006, 7:53:34 AM7/10/06
Chris Stevens wrote:
> "The Rev" <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No more footie, so back to gaming.
>
> Footy never ends, ever. It's just that the fancy stuff is out of the way,
> and it's back to the grim week-to-week realities. If you thought England
> were depressing, imagine having a whole season of Ipswich Town ahead of you.
> :)

I see your Ipswich and raise you a Villa.

> The Outfit (360)
> Really quite good. Racking up the medals and thoroughly enjoying it.

Hoorah! See, I said it was good and nobody believes me.

> Phoenix Wright (DS)
> Finally finished the 4th case. Hurrah.

My fiancée wants to play this, but I'd prefer to finish it first. Need
to play it again. Or just resign myself to the fact that I'm not going
to finish it.

Chris Stevens

Jul 10, 2006, 8:03:02 AM7/10/06
"Trousers" <getf...@bibble.com> wrote in message

> The Rev wrote:
> > No more footie, so back to gaming.
> >
> > WANT
>
> To know what ZZ was actually thinking at the time.

I know, I mean if he was going to lose his rag and disgrace himself in the
final game of his illustrious career, you might think he'd have at least
headbutted him in the face. Admittedly it was quite a mighty butt but, come
on, in the chest? What *was* he thinking?

Chris.

GT: SomethingWitty

Sir Chewbury Gubbins

Jul 10, 2006, 8:37:19 AM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10, Great Cthulhu rose from the deep and compelled deKay to exclaim:

> You don't really want to "bin" him though, surely? I'm not sure the council
> take that sort of thing away.

Ouch - bordering on a Listerism, that was.

Trousers

Jul 10, 2006, 8:54:34 AM7/10/06

6 x hit bonus maybe?

http://imagekafe.com/files/f8c3e.gif

--
Trousers

roondog

Jul 10, 2006, 8:01:46 AM7/10/06

> Chris Stevens wrote:
> > "The Rev" <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> No more footie, so back to gaming.
> >
> > Footy never ends, ever. It's just that the fancy stuff is out of the
way,
> > and it's back to the grim week-to-week realities. If you thought England
> > were depressing, imagine having a whole season of Ipswich Town ahead of
you.
> > :)
>
> I see your Ipswich and raise you a Villa.

Neither of you have the excitment of playing the likes of Morcambe, Weymouth
and Crawley town.

Shak

Jul 10, 2006, 9:32:04 AM7/10/06

> Chris Stevens wrote:
>>

>> I know, I mean if he was going to lose his rag and disgrace himself in
>> the
>> final game of his illustrious career, you might think he'd have at least
>> headbutted him in the face. Admittedly it was quite a mighty butt but,
>> come
>> on, in the chest? What *was* he thinking?
>
> 6 x hit bonus maybe?
>
> http://imagekafe.com/files/f8c3e.gif

I see your animated GIF and raise you a cheap flash game:

http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

Shak

WCZ

Jul 10, 2006, 9:33:28 AM7/10/06

"roondog" <roon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Woot, I win this competition as I've got Oxford who got relegated to the
conference this year.

deKay

Jul 10, 2006, 9:53:07 AM7/10/06
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 10 Jul
uk.games.video.misc, yawatina tan reek esk "WCZ" <Dav1...@willnotwork.com>

fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>Woot, I win this competition as I've got Oxford who got relegated to the
>conference this year.

Conference? Luxury!

http://www.derehamtownfc.co.uk/

[ste parker]

Jul 10, 2006, 10:21:59 AM7/10/06
Trousers wrote:

> New Super Mario Bros (DS) : It came on Saturday and we've all had a good
> do on it although the wife and stepson appear to be utter shite at it.
> I've made it to world 3 and so far it's very enjoyable although there
> are too many falls to certain death for my liking.

That's just how 2D Mario games are, but at least you tend to get more
extra lives thrown at you than you know what to do with. If you don't
like it now, wait 'til world 5.

--
"Global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural
disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of

[ste parker]

Jul 10, 2006, 10:25:12 AM7/10/06
DBSnappa wrote:

>> WANT
>>
> To rediscover my gaming enthusiasm.

Handheld stuff has mostly done it for me, but I've not switched on the
DC/GC for some time now, I just can't be arsed. PC games get the
occasional look in too, but that's mainly because it's almost always on
in an evening already.

roondog

Jul 10, 2006, 10:00:05 AM7/10/06

"WCZ" <Dav1...@willnotwork.com> wrote in message
How does your conference beat my conference see u on 21st october and 3rd
february.

DBSnappa

Jul 10, 2006, 12:09:16 PM7/10/06
[ste parker] wrote:
> DBSnappa wrote:
>

>>> WANT
>>>
>> To rediscover my gaming enthusiasm.
>>

> Handheld stuff has mostly done it for me, but I've not switched on the
> DC/GC for some time now, I just can't be arsed. PC games get the
> occasional look in too, but that's mainly because it's almost always on
> in an evening already.

I'm not overly worried as I've been here before and I know I'll get over
it. I'm trying to save some handheld games for the end of the month when
I go on hols, though.

Still, I've just beaten my GW hi-score and have the hand cramps to prove
it ;-)

Steve J

Jul 10, 2006, 12:37:27 PM7/10/06
Yippee-kai, The Rev!

> PLAY

Football Manager 2005 (PC) - Playing multiplayer hotseat with my Aston Villa
side going against my Arsenal managed by my son. It's added another element
to an already compulsive title.

Brain Age Sudoku (DS) - 33% complete, just two more puzzles to complete in
Basic mode.

Platinum Sudoku (Mobile) - I've got quite a sudoku fetish at the moment.

Fight Night Round 3 (360) - I hadn't played this in ages and never against
human opposition before and yet I popped online yesterday for a quick match
and rapidly got the shit completely beaten out of me.

Gauntlet (360) - Went online and actually had some real fun with this game
for possibly the first time since I originally played it all those years ago
when it hit the arcades.

> WANT

Big Brain Academy (DS) - If the muliplayer games are as good as I've read.

Football Manager 2007 (PC) - Having skipped a year I'm hoping this will prove
to be more than just a data update. Was there much difference between 05 and
06?

> BIN

The end of the World Cup. The nation was deafened last night by the "Thank
God for that!" uttered simultaneously by the near entire female population of
the country. Luckily my wife doesn't mind watching it but some women are
really quite selfish moaning about it when we have to put up with the
9456465.34 hours of soap 52 weeks of the year.

--
:: Last game completed King Kong (360) May 2006
:: Join the ugv* LastFM group: http://tinyurl.com/ewdkb

Lister

Jul 10, 2006, 1:04:36 PM7/10/06
On 10 Jul 2006 12:37:19 GMT, Sir Chewbury Gubbins
<chewbury...@nelefa.org> wrote:

>On 2006-07-10, Great Cthulhu rose from the deep and compelled deKay to exclaim:
>>
>> You don't really want to "bin" him though, surely? I'm not sure the council
>> take that sort of thing away.
>
>Ouch - bordering on a Listerism, that was.
>
>Choobs

Andrew Hollingbury

Jul 10, 2006, 1:35:11 PM7/10/06
The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4heff9F1rali0U1
@individual.net:

> No more footie, so back to gaming.
>

> PLAY

DS Lite funtime - as a reward for getting my degree results, I picked up
a white one in HMV with three games for ?140, which I didn't think was
bad going. Bought with Phoenix Wright (because for ?10 with the machine
I thought it might be fun), Trauma Center (it's supposed to be hard so
will last me longtime, or at least a couple of days) and Brain Training
(because my mum saw it on the telly and wants a go). Only played Trauma
Center so far, great fun up to chapter 2. One dead pixel right in the
middle of the screen, but it doesn't actually bother me all that much
(well, so far) so never mind.

Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria - I'm really bad at this, but persevering -
Alicia's about 10 levels ahead of everyone else, though, and it doesn't
have the EXP Orb like Lenneth did so it takes forever to level up new
Einherjar. Battles still rock, though, and now I finally have weapons
for everyone that enable their Soul Crush moves (you know, the big
overblown Finishing Strikes in Lenneth). It's surprisingly tactical,
though; it's quite a bit like Vagrant Story but less annoying.

Tales of Destiny II - been playing this instead of VP because it's easier
(even with the very strange difficulty spike that occurs about 15 hours
in after one boss). Finally have Harold in my party, now, so not far
from the end if I remember rightly.

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - only one of the series I've not
replayed yet, so I'm doing that. Just as mindlessly good fun as ever.

> WANT

A job. Soon. Please? It would be nice just to hear back from the places I've applied to
already, to be honest. Signing up for temping agencies at the moment, but would
appreciate something a BIT more permanent...

A PSP - when I've got a job. So soon. Please? There are enough stupid quirky games
out for it now to entice me (LocoRoco, Exit, Tokobot-even-though-it's-not-that-good),
plus some generic platformers (Daxter) and shit (most everything else); that's all I need
in a games system.

> BIN

Nothing, I am content-ish.

Dr. Boggis

Jul 10, 2006, 1:36:55 PM7/10/06

> No more footie, so back to gaming.

BOO/YAY!

> PLAY

GTA:LCS - opened up the third area over the weekend. Shame I can't play
it by the pool, but other than that, my PSP is getting lots of play
lately.

> WANT

Another World Cup next month please. But tell England not to bother
showing up.

LocoRoco - US release date is SEPTEMBER, FFS.

> BIN

2 day weekends.
--
-Take out Ron to reply-
My games blog: http://bloggisgames.blogspot.com

deKay

Jul 10, 2006, 1:43:56 PM7/10/06
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 10 Jul 2006
12:37:19 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do uk.games.video.misc,
yawatina tan reek esk Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury...@nelefa.org>

fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>On 2006-07-10, Great Cthulhu rose from the deep and compelled deKay to exclaim:

>> You don't really want to "bin" him though, surely? I'm not sure the council
>> take that sort of thing away.
>
>Ouch - bordering on a Listerism, that was.

Well short of one, I thought. I did offer my condolences too (unlike Lister)
and it was a somewhat obtuse and light-hearted remark anyway.

Only Zo can say for sure...

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

"Satan possessed my DS, or something. Yes,
that's the most likely explaination."

Zomoniac

Jul 10, 2006, 2:10:04 PM7/10/06
On 2006-07-10 18:43:56 +0100, deKay
<an...@deleteme.lofi-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> said:

> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 10 Jul 2006
> 12:37:19 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do uk.games.video.misc,
> yawatina tan reek esk Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury...@nelefa.org>
> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>> On 2006-07-10, Great Cthulhu rose from the deep and compelled deKay to exclaim:
>>>
>>> You don't really want to "bin" him though, surely? I'm not sure the council
>>> take that sort of thing away.
>>
>> Ouch - bordering on a Listerism, that was.
>
> Well short of one, I thought. I did offer my condolences too (unlike Lister)
> and it was a somewhat obtuse and light-hearted remark anyway.
>
> Only Zo can say for sure...
>
> deKay

It could have easily been taken as offensive, but I realised it was a
tongue-in-cheek comment and read what came above it, no offence taken.

James Sutherland

Jul 10, 2006, 3:04:55 PM7/10/06
The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4heff9F1rali0U1
@individual.net:

> PLAY

Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires (360) - Just got one map to go now, I think, and
I'm at nearly 200 officers (of 250). This might be the first 360 game I get
1000 points for.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PS2) - I know that SFA3 is the better game, but 2
just seems "right" somehow. I really wish I was actually good at fighting
games. I've played the bloody things enough.

King of Fighters XI (PS2) - No but seriously, SNK, quit it with the stupid
bosses.

World of Warcraft (PC) - My new money making scheme has got me around 80
gold in a week without much effort. Certainly better than the previous pet
trading I was doing. Levelling up a fair bit at the moment too. It's
surprising how quickly you can do it if you really go for it.

Brain Training (DS) - Something to pass the time on the late trains back
from work over the last week or so. Distracts me from the drunk and/or
crazy people you seem to mostly get on trains around midnight. Though the
tiredness has resulted in my brain age going up a fair bit.

> WANT

Prey, maybe. I liked the demo.

> BIN

Nothing.

Blonks

Jul 10, 2006, 3:41:44 PM7/10/06
On 10 Jul 2006 19:04:55 GMT, James Sutherland
<ja...@guybrush.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4heff9F1rali0U1
>@individual.net:

>World of Warcraft (PC) - My new money making scheme has got me around 80

>gold in a week without much effort. Certainly better than the previous pet
>trading I was doing. Levelling up a fair bit at the moment too. It's
>surprising how quickly you can do it if you really go for it.

So, how do you go about that then? And what level are you?

thx

--

'What we have here is a failure to communicate'

James Sutherland

Jul 10, 2006, 5:41:41 PM7/10/06
Blonks <Blonkster@_NOSTINKINSPAM_ntlworld.com> wrote in

> On 10 Jul 2006 19:04:55 GMT, James Sutherland
> <ja...@guybrush.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4heff9F1rali0U1
>>@individual.net:
>
>>World of Warcraft (PC) - My new money making scheme has got me around
>>80 gold in a week without much effort. Certainly better than the
>>previous pet trading I was doing. Levelling up a fair bit at the
>>moment too. It's surprising how quickly you can do it if you really go
>>for it.
>
> So, how do you go about that then? And what level are you?

Basically by buying stuff from vendors and sticking them on the auction
house at 5-10 times the original price. I'm just buying items (recipes
mostly) from wherever I happen to be doing quests, then sticking them on
the AH with a big markup. It'd probably be a pain if I wasn't a mage, but
as I can easily teleport to a major city, it only takes 10 minutes to stick
a load of items up then I can hearthstone back to where I'm questing.
Surprisingly, pretty much everything sells, and I've now got more than
enough money for my mount. Oh, and selling off some christmas stuff I had
left over. Got 15G for a gingerbread recipe (original price about 10C, I
think).

I'm only in the mid 30s, but I've gained about 8 levels over the last week
or two. I only really play during my dinner hour, though.

Hakk

Jul 11, 2006, 6:19:25 AM7/11/06
I could say have pity for a Sunderland fan...

Russell Marks

Jul 11, 2006, 7:02:47 AM7/11/06
The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> PLAY

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC) - having replayed Zelda DX a
while back, I thought I'd replay this. It was ok, but the sailing was
more annoying than before (I thought you got the warp ability far
earlier), and I really could have lived without the tedious "let's
artificially make the game ten hours longer and completely ruin the
pacing" bit.

G-Surfers (PS2) - not quite as tough on Easy as it seemed originally,
but I can't think of a racer with a harder Easy difficulty.

Outrun 2006 (PS2) - predictably enough.

> WANT

Super Mario All-Stars (SNES). Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC) is all
very well, but both the games in that are a bit hampered by the small
screen. I think the Lost Levels work in much the same way as they do
on the GBC (level-based saves/continues rather than world-based), so
the only problem here is whether I'll ever manage SMB's world 8 with
just 5 lives - in theory I should be able to, but I don't think I ever
have. Maybe PAL slowdown will help. :-)

> BIN

The figurine-collecting in Wind Waker. They couldn't have made it any
more painfully slow and awkward to do if they'd tried.

-Rus.

Andrew Hollingbury

Jul 11, 2006, 9:49:44 AM7/11/06
Andrew Hollingbury <andrew.ho...@OHNOSPAMTRAPgooglemail.com> wrote
in news:Xns97FCBD11DBBCan...@216.196.109.145:

> Trauma Center (it's supposed to be
> hard so will last me longtime, or at least a couple of days)

Oops. Just finished this; I suppose there's the X missions, but I've done
the main storyline.

It's not THAT hard, really. You just have to be quick.

Andrew H

Mal Franks

Jul 11, 2006, 9:56:23 AM7/11/06
In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,
the_rev_y...@hotmail.com says...

> No more footie, so back to gaming.
>
> PLAY

Dark Age Of Camelot (PC) - as usual (no surprise there). However played
it for a lot less time than normal. Though there was a session visiting
the dungeon of Caer Sidi on Sunday at 3PM that didn't finish until 9PM.

Prey Demo (PC) - rather enjoyed this and now have it on order (for some
reason I had a feeling of deja vu when in the bar at the start of the
game though)

Half Life 2: Episode One (PC) - found this highly enjoyable, if a little
short. Can't wait for the next one

My weekend was extended as I booked Monday off work for Sky HD
installation. Wow, it looks great - especially BBC's Planet Earth. Can't
wait for the next series of Stargate to begin on Sky One HD.

> WANT

More time off work

> BIN

3 Day weekends going as fast as 2 day ones.

Sir Chewbury Gubbins

Jul 11, 2006, 10:08:38 AM7/11/06

"HAHA!" he cried, leaping headlong into the middle of the thread.....

Play:
Really very little - I'm having another gaming ennui, I'm afraid. But
here goes anyway:

World of Warcraft: Rolled an undead Warlock on an RP realm, just to try
both out. It's fun so far, but Warlocks are seriously imba at levels
<20.

New Super Mario Bros (DS): This is really really good, but I'm finding
it quite hard. By quite hard, I mean it's tricky to get all the star
coins. The actual levels are ok. Having said that, I'm only on world
three and I've unlocked NAFFING yet.

Nothing else really. House is back on the market, so loads of tidying
ahoy. Visas lodged the week before ours are now being processed so we're
expecting to hear something (ANYTHING) Real Soon Now(tm). I'm beginning
to be a little concerned that the new edition of ugvm arrives before my
visa.

Want:

A wii, obviously. All the usual real life stuff. My gaming powarz back.

Bin:

The 360 mech game I had a go on at GameStation at lunchtime. Really
horrible sluggish controls and some of the worst examples of
pre-scripted scenery destruction I've ever seen. Not the kind of thing
I'd expect to see in a demo pod, given the quality of the FPS game that
was in the original launch pods. Anyhoo, I digress.

[ste parker]

Jul 11, 2006, 10:37:37 AM7/11/06
Mal Franks wrote:
> In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,
> the_rev_y...@hotmail.com says...
>> No more footie, so back to gaming.
>>
>> PLAY
>

> Dark Age Of Camelot (PC) - as usual (no surprise there). However played
> it for a lot less time than normal. Though there was a session visiting
> the dungeon of Caer Sidi on Sunday at 3PM that didn't finish until 9PM.

I predict the collapse of the known universe on the day you stop playing
this for good.

Mal Franks

Jul 11, 2006, 10:58:10 AM7/11/06
In article <4hhrd3F...@individual.net>, imag...@hotmail.com
says...

> Mal Franks wrote:
> > In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,
> > the_rev_y...@hotmail.com says...
> >> No more footie, so back to gaming.
> >>
> >> PLAY
> >

> > Dark Age Of Camelot (PC) - as usual (no surprise there). However played
> > it for a lot less time than normal. Though there was a session visiting
> > the dungeon of Caer Sidi on Sunday at 3PM that didn't finish until 9PM.
> >

> I predict the collapse of the known universe on the day you stop playing
> this for good.

For the sake of all creation. I'll try to make sure that never happens.

mal

[ste parker]

Jul 11, 2006, 11:08:43 AM7/11/06
Mal Franks wrote:
> In article <4hhrd3F...@individual.net>, imag...@hotmail.com
> says...
>> Mal Franks wrote:
>>> In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,
>>> the_rev_y...@hotmail.com says...

>>> Dark Age Of Camelot (PC) - as usual (no surprise there). However played
>>> it for a lot less time than normal. Though there was a session visiting
>>> the dungeon of Caer Sidi on Sunday at 3PM that didn't finish until 9PM.
>>>
>> I predict the collapse of the known universe on the day you stop playing
>> this for good.
>>
> For the sake of all creation. I'll try to make sure that never happens.

Good man.

[ste parker]

Jul 11, 2006, 1:53:12 PM7/11/06
The Rev wrote:
> No more footie, so back to gaming.
>
> PLAY

Brain Training (DS) - Dropped to 26 now, the early 22 must have been a
fluke. Also, somewhat unfair that the hard modes I'm unlocking use the
same scoreboards as their normal counterparts.

Meteos (DS) - Still can't work out how to score big, but I can get
through other modes and know why now.

NSMB (DS) - Up to World 8, about 5 levels from the end and it's finally
getting half challenging! Finished one level with a second to spare,
and had to face my first boss without a fireflower to make it piss easy
like I have with the rest of them (mole tank thing excepted, that was
almost challenging, but even then as long as you've got a powerup to
spare you can just waste them jumping on it regardless). Will still
have plenty to go back through to do the lot though.

Ouendan (DS) - But only a bit, one or two tracks. The ones with more
beats I'm able to S rank on easy, but still takes a couple of goes to
learn properly.

> WANT

Steam to stop pissing around with updating itself.
The Ship (PC) - Aha, Steam has finished pissing around and this is
preloading now.

> BIN

The painful hole on the sole of my foot. Although I'm using it as a crap
excuse to not mow the lawn so it has its uses.

--
[ste]

Lister

Jul 11, 2006, 2:37:21 PM7/11/06
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:08:43 +0100, "[ste parker]"
<imag...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mal Franks wrote:
>> In article <4hhrd3F...@individual.net>, imag...@hotmail.com
>> says...

>>> I predict the collapse of the known universe on the day you stop playing
>>> this for good.
>>>
>> For the sake of all creation. I'll try to make sure that never happens.
>>

>Good man.

What if someone steals the game?

I hope you have backups, Mal :)

deKay

Jul 11, 2006, 3:01:02 PM7/11/06
Lister wrote:

> What if someone steals the game?

Mal buys another copy? In fact, he probably doesn't even need to do that.

> I hope you have backups, Mal :)

Why? If DOAC is like most PC MMORPGs, his character is stored on the
server.

Pessimist

Jul 11, 2006, 4:03:23 PM7/11/06

"The Rev" <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No more footie, so back to gaming.
>
> PLAY

> WANT

> BIN

-P

Chris Whitworth

Jul 11, 2006, 6:52:49 PM7/11/06

Indeed, if it's anything like World of Warcraft, the publishers will just tell
you to borrow/copy a friend's CDs and reinstall from those.

Chris
--
* Bring back blue sky in games! *

Sir Chewbury Gubbins

Jul 12, 2006, 4:11:16 AM7/12/06
[ste parker] wrote:
> Meteos (DS) - Still can't work out how to score big, but I can get
> through other modes and know why now.

LIES! No one[0] knows how Meteos works!

Choobs

[0] For values of "No one" including but not limited to me.

--
Sir Chewbury Gubbins
Knight of the Wholly Gnarly Widget

Gaming Diary and Rants: http://www.nelefa.org

Chris Whitworth

Jul 12, 2006, 4:12:50 AM7/12/06
On 2006-07-12, Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury...@nelefa.org> wrote:
> [ste parker] wrote:
>> Meteos (DS) - Still can't work out how to score big, but I can get
>> through other modes and know why now.
>
> LIES! No one[0] knows how Meteos works!
>
> Choobs
>
> [0] For values of "No one" including but not limited to me.

I understand it.

Mal Franks

Jul 12, 2006, 3:50:25 PM7/12/06

Dr. Glyndwr

Jul 13, 2006, 5:22:30 AM7/13/06
On 12 Jul 2006 08:12:50 GMT, Chris Whitworth wrote:
> On 2006-07-12, Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury...@nelefa.org> wrote:
>> [ste parker] wrote:
>>> Meteos (DS) - Still can't work out how to score big, but I can get
>>> through other modes and know why now.
>>
>> LIES! No one[0] knows how Meteos works!
>>
>> Choobs
>>
>> [0] For values of "No one" including but not limited to me.
>
> I understand it.

So do I, I think.

--
-=R=-
http://www.fscked.co.uk | http://www.eggwan.com

Dr. Glyndwr

Jul 13, 2006, 6:03:53 AM7/13/06
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:57:19 +0100, The Rev wrote:
> PLAY

GalCiv2, still.

New Super Mario Bros. I'm storming through the game for distance, first,
then plan on going back over for secrets, all coins, etc. I'm on the
last world (8? Is that right?), second level.

I'm no stranger to Mario (I completed both Super Mario World and Six
Golden Coins on the Gameboy) but I found this very tough at first
because I was seriously rusty on platformer skills. I've persevered
though, and yes, I do think it's fairly easy -- not as easy as some have
said, but not that hard either. It's still nearly causes DS SMAHS a few
times though.

> WANT

Nuffink of note.

> BIN

Fahreneit, I completed it on Saturday. A totally fascinating game: so
badly flawed in many ways, but utterly compelling (at least to me). It
genuinely made me care about the characters and had, at times, quite
stunningly filmic presentation. I'm very glad I played it and I'm quite
keen to see what David Cage does next.

Toby Newman

Jul 17, 2006, 4:04:09 AM7/17/06
On 2006-07-10, The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Nope. Games just finally fall out of my must-play pile. Found a copy of
> Pac 'n' Roll last night that I'd completely forgotten about. And I've
> got more unplayed RPGs than I've had hot dinners (in the last week or two).

I found a copy of D2 which I bought from Zo about a year ago yesterday.
It's still wrapped. I moved it into the same room as the DC as a first
step in the righ tdirection towards playing it.

--
-Toby, who...
field to circumvent my email filters.

Toby Newman

Jul 17, 2006, 4:13:20 AM7/17/06
On 2006-07-10, Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kend...@nospam.io> wrote:
> In article <4hephpF...@individual.net>,
> The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
>>> In article <4heff9F...@individual.net>,
>>> The Rev <the_rev_y...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Xbox 360 - Yes, this went in the bin last week, but I foolishly thought
>>> that it might make a decent DVD movie player set up in the other room. In
>>> tennis terms, that's a double-fault. How can a $30 platter stamped out in
>>> a Brazilian factory play DVD discs better than the freaking Xbox? Back on
>>> the shelf it goes.
>>
>>I use it as my standard DVD player for R2 DVDs, as it doesn't have the
>>lip sync problems of my main Toshiba player. Seems to do a fine job to
>>me. What's wrong with it?
>
> It's very slow to respond to commands when searching or accessing
> features, as if the DVD read head has trouble figuring out where
> everything is. Oddly, this is a problem only with movies and not with
> games. I'm willing to concede that this might be an issue with my
> particular unit and not with Xbox 360 consoles in general, but that does
> nothing to improve my opinion. :)

I was watching Blue Velvet on my Xbox on Friday and it barfed when the
layer changed on the DVD. It just went clic-clic-clic-clic... for a
minute and gave up. It's absurd. I had guests so I had to do a quick switch
to my Kubuntu box and do some rapid soundcard troubleshooting to finish
the remainder of the film.

Toby Newman

Jul 17, 2006, 4:29:19 AM7/17/06
On 2006-07-13, Dr. Glyndwr <glynF...@fsckDELETEeMEd.co.uk> wrote:
>> PLAY
> GalCiv2, still.

I always thought you were playing FreeCiv but now I realise that it's
something else. Is GalCiv commercial? (Bin: Web sites which don't have a
big 'about' button on their homepage).

Dr. Glyndwr

Jul 18, 2006, 10:41:24 AM7/18/06
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:29:19 +0100, Toby Newman wrote:
> On 2006-07-13, Dr. Glyndwr <glynF...@fsckDELETEeMEd.co.uk> wrote:
>>> PLAY
>> GalCiv2, still.
>
> I always thought you were playing FreeCiv but now I realise that it's
> something else. Is GalCiv commercial? (Bin: Web sites which don't have a
> big 'about' button on their homepage).

Yeah, it's a commercial game from Stardock, who are more famous for the
WindowsBlinds theming software. It's quite famous for shipping with no
CD copy protection, causing StarForce to say nasty things about them and
"accidentally" link to a torrent of GalCiv2. The developers specfically
mention you can install and play it on a laptop and a desktop at the
same time, which is quite groovy.

It's fairly similar to Master of Orion. Main highlight is the
bitchinkgly good AI, which really does play a good game. Go look on
gamerankings or summat for more info. Anyway, I recommend it.