SHOARMA

ma...@netcom.co.uk

Jun 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/30/96

Does anyone know the ingredients to a dish I had in Holland called
Shoarma

I know it's isreali but i want the Dutch recipe (far tastier) or where
i can get the spices from in the UK?

Help..........

Andrew Stevenson

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

Can't help sorry - never heard of it.

What is it? Animal, vegetable, mineral?

Always interested in new dishes!

Thanks

Andrew

Carolyn

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96
It might be indonesian - being half-dutch we used to have a lot of
indonesian food at home - nasi goreng and the like. Which by the way is
fandabidozi.

caarolyn
--
De gustibus non disputandum est

Martin Adamson

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

In article <31D79D...@lancaster.ac.uk>,
A.Ste...@lancaster.ac.uk (Andrew Stevenson) wrote:

>> Does anyone know the ingredients to a dish I had in Holland called
>> Shoarma

>Can't help sorry - never heard of it.

>What is it? Animal, vegetable, mineral?

It's basically just a doner kebab, isn't it?

Martin

Snooze

Jul 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/2/96

Carolyn wrote:

> Andrew Stevenson wrote:

> > ma...@netcom.co.uk wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know the ingredients to a dish I had in Holland called
> > > Shoarma
> > >
> > > I know it's isreali but i want the Dutch recipe (far tastier) or where
> > > i can get the spices from in the UK?
> >
> > Can't help sorry - never heard of it.
> >
> > What is it? Animal, vegetable, mineral?
> >
> > Always interested in new dishes!
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Andrew
> It might be indonesian - being half-dutch we used to have a lot of
> indonesian food at home - nasi goreng and the like. Which by the way is
> fandabidozi. ^^^^^^^^^^^

Aren't 'Krankieisms' illegal in a public environment? I believe it still
carries the death penalty ;)

Carolyn

Jul 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/2/96

Snooze wrote:

> Carolyn wrote:
> > It might be indonesian - being half-dutch we used to have a lot of
> > indonesian food at home - nasi goreng and the like. Which by the way is
> > fandabidozi. ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Aren't 'Krankieisms' illegal in a public environment? I believe it still
> carries the death penalty ;)

What about JAndrewisms? Can I say supercallifragilisticexpialidocius?

Carolyn

Snooze

Jul 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/2/96

You just did...

[I think 'JAndrewisms' are probably acceptable ;) ]

Andy Mabbett

Jul 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/2/96

In article <4r8qk6$5...@scotsman.ed.ac.uk>, Martin Adamson
<mar...@srv0.ems.ed.ac.uk> writes

>It's basically just a doner kebab, isn't it?

Aarrgh! that's a bit like calling a Scotch steak " a kind of burger"!
| Andy Mabbett, Training Services Division, |
| Birmingham City Council - Economic Development |
| EMail: andy...@bcceddts.demon.co.uk |
| Phone: (+) 44 121 235 3087 Fax: (+) 44 121 235 1325 |
| Post: PO Box 2470 Birmingham B1 2NF England |
| WWW: http://birmingham.gov.uk |

Martin Kurrein

Jul 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/2/96

In article <4r5d7h$2...@news.netcom.co.uk>, ma...@netcom.co.uk writes

>Does anyone know the ingredients to a dish I had in Holland called
>Shoarma
>
>I know it's isreali but i want the Dutch recipe (far tastier) or where
>i can get the spices from in the UK?
>
>Help..........

I think that you'll normally find it translated as SHAWAMA.

It is basically a doner kebab.
---
Martin Kurrein 199 Strand London WC2R 1DR
mkur...@mkurrein.co.uk
http://www.mkurrein.co.uk/

Merlin

Jul 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/2/96

In article <31D997...@visualex.ftech.co.uk>, Carolyn
<car...@visualex.ftech.co.uk> writes

>Snooze wrote:
>
>> Carolyn wrote:
>> > It might be indonesian - being half-dutch we used to have a lot of
>> > indonesian food at home - nasi goreng and the like. Which by the way is
>> > fandabidozi. ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Aren't 'Krankieisms' illegal in a public environment? I believe it still
>> carries the death penalty ;)
>
>What about JAndrewisms? Can I say supercallifragilisticexpialidocius?
>
>Carolyn

Dunno. Can you?

What about:
Red lorry, yellow leather
Red leather, yellow lorry

Or:
She stood on the balcony inexplicably mimicking his hiccuping as she
amicably welcomed him in.

Or:
Oh forget it.
--
Merlin

Carolyn

Jul 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/5/96

Merlin wrote:

SNIPPETTY SNIP SNIP

> What about:
> Red lorry, yellow leather
> Red leather, yellow lorry
>
> Or:
> She stood on the balcony inexplicably mimicking his hiccuping as she
> amicably welcomed him in.

(good one)

> Or:
> Oh forget it.