Re: Scott got another email - in my inbox.

1 view
Message has been deleted

Ben Grove

Jun 20, 2005, 2:19:48 PM6/20/05
Fascinating. Can you do some work for me?
My chosen text is the Haynes Manual for the Mark 4 Ford Escort and any
cross-curricular links to dance. Please send my your ideas via wax tablet.
Ben

"Sheel" <m...@top-secret.co.uk> wrote in message
> Dear Scott
> Just to let you know the state of my work for your
> department so far: following the observation morning and the
> poetry afternoon, there were three sessions remaining for
> resource creation.
>
> Last week I put together a disk of ideas for teaching of KS4
> Shakespeare: everything from starters to essay tasks keyed
> in with AQA criteria. Today I've been working on language
> resources: everything from starters and games to a suggested
> essay task that seems to go down well with AQA. On Thursday
> I'll be getting on with one of the other GCSE units, perhaps
> C.20th prose. Is Of Mice and Men your chosen text, or are
> there others? If you let me know by Thursday, I'll make
> sure my ideas are more customised for you; if not, I'll
> prepare general resources for prose, or perhaps some
> anthology stuff. Whatever I don't do this time can perhaps
> be done in next year's time, depending on the brief you give
> Krysia for me.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Lizzie B...
>
> --
> Sheel (Change me to me2 to email.)
>
> Oaks grow strong in contrary winds, and diamonds are made under pressure.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ellie

Jun 20, 2005, 3:21:12 PM6/20/05

"Bev" <b...@YoullHaveToAsk.con> wrote in message
> Sheel blathered...

>> Dear Scott
>> Just to let you know the state of my work for your
>> department so far: following the observation morning and the
>> poetry afternoon, there were three sessions remaining for
>> resource creation.
>>
> <snip>

>> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>>
>> Lizzie B...
>>
> If I were getting them, I'd have replied to her and put her straight by
> now.

She's hoping for something a little racier I think...

--
Ellie

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

greebs

Jun 20, 2005, 5:03:31 PM6/20/05
Sheel went:
>I'm getting enough weird stuff in my inbox.

For goodness sake, reply to the woman and tell her she's sending her
messages to the wrong address. She probably wonders why Scott is being
so rude by not replying to her when she is doing her best to help him.
She's probably too polite (or too busy) to mention it when she sees him.
--
greebs

Liz

Jun 20, 2005, 5:21:50 PM6/20/05

I agree! Not to help them to sort out their communication problem,
when one email will do it, is just cruel.

--
Liz

gertie@grumbles

Jun 20, 2005, 5:52:14 PM6/20/05
It isn't really good netiquette to quote people's emails without
their permission

--
Gertie.

Award-winning bog cleaner, Latin scholar and beer festival organiser.
Veni, vidi, Vici iiabui et cervaca, or summat like that
reply-to address works but not to html mail, hotmail or aol addresses

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

greebs

Jun 20, 2005, 7:00:04 PM6/20/05
Sheel went:
>Sheel burbled:
>>
>>There doesn't seem to be a problem and I'm not 100% convinced it isn't
>>a wind-up.

You must be the only one who doesn't see the problem. Spam harvesters
don't go to such elaborate detail to try to confirm that an email
address is real. This sounds like only one thing to me - "Lizzie" has
made a mistake with Scott's email address. Do you know a "Lizzie"? Could
she have your email address as well as Scott's and got confused? Or
perhaps his email address is just one character different from yours
since your names are similar?

>And now comes the sting, an email with an attachment...
>
>Sara,
>sorry sent it as an e-mail first, here it is as an attachment,
>Nora x

Sorry Sheel, but that is just a standard sort of rubbish that probably
contains a virus, and has nothing to do with the Lizzie/Scott saga.

We all get emails like that and recognise them for what they are and
delete them. I realise that you won't be aware of this as you are not
yet a newbie.
--
greebs

greebs

Jun 20, 2005, 7:00:46 PM6/20/05
Sheel went:
>greebs burbled:
>It sounds like there's some sort of communication going on.
>Maybe she could sort it.

She'll sort it faster if you tell her she's sending stuff to the wrong
address.
--
greebs

Message has been deleted

littlerussell

Jun 21, 2005, 2:03:30 PM6/21/05

"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:utIGdaA0...@gre.ebo...

From reading previous posts you share the same surname .... is your email
ssur...@whatever.com and his s.su...@whatever.com ? I have a few times
forgotten the dot in my heads surname and had someone else receiving the
emails. It could be that if he isn't in lizzie's address book and she types
it manually each time, that he has had some of the communications and you
are not getting all of them?

Russell

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bryn Evans

Jun 21, 2005, 4:54:34 PM6/21/05
In a mad moment - greebs <gre...@spl.at> mumbled :

If that was 'A Scott' then he was seen in York last week!

--
Bryn - I blame the Teachers -

Message has been deleted

Ellie

Jun 21, 2005, 6:54:46 PM6/21/05

> Bev burbled:
>
>>Sheel blathered...
>>> If she hasn't twigged that, she's less of a newbie than I am.
>>>
>>Haven't you ever blamed the technolojie for something not doing what you
>>expect it to?
>
> Yep - photocopier about 12 hours ago.
>
>>They probably think the e-mails are floating round in
>>virtual space somewhere.
>
> Isn't that what happens then?

<sigh>
How can they be floating around somewhere?
They get made really small and are pushed down around all the wires
connecting the internet together.

Don't you noe anyfink?

--
Ellie

Message has been deleted

greebs

Jun 21, 2005, 7:15:35 PM6/21/05
Sheel went:
>littlerussell burbled:

>>From reading previous posts you share the same surname .... is your email
>>ssur...@whatever.com and his s.su...@whatever.com ? I have a few times
>>forgotten the dot in my heads surname and had someone else receiving the
>>emails. It could be that if he isn't in lizzie's address book and she types
>>it manually each time, that he has had some of the communications and you
>>are not getting all of them?
>
>Cor. I actually overstand that lot.

But I told you that this was what was happening weeks ago in IRC. You
and Scott share the same initial and surname. I don't know why you're so
paranoid about someone being out to get you. Unless you really are
called Scott....
--
greebs

greebs

Jun 21, 2005, 7:17:52 PM6/21/05
Ellie went:

>"Sheel" <m...@top-secret.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Bev burbled:

>>>They probably think the e-mails are floating round in
>>>virtual space somewhere.
>>
>> Isn't that what happens then?
>
><sigh>
>How can they be floating around somewhere?
>They get made really small and are pushed down around all the wires
>connecting the internet together.

So how do they jump across the gaps when people have wireless
connections?
--
greebs

greebs

Jun 21, 2005, 7:20:01 PM6/21/05
Sheel went:

>I will tomorrow. I'm going on a SIMS.net Assessment Manager course.

I saw someone using SIMS on a computer once. It was rather good. You
could dress people in all sorts of clothes and decorate rooms how you
liked - and even move walls around.
--
greebs

greebs

Jun 21, 2005, 7:21:55 PM6/21/05
Bryn Evans went:
Wearing a posh bonnet?

I think Sheelurgfh's version is the flying one.
--
greebs

Ellie

Jun 21, 2005, 7:29:41 PM6/21/05

"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:dR+KyzJg...@gre.ebo...

*I* don't know.
I'm not a techie...

--
Ellie

Ellie

Jun 21, 2005, 7:28:35 PM6/21/05

"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:hB+F2LKhCKuCFwn$@gre.ebo...

It's brill!
Me and Kath have got SIMS 2 - I didn't know Sheel could play too - bit
advanced for nearly newbies.

--
Ellie

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Liz

Jun 22, 2005, 4:07:24 PM6/22/05
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:29:41 +0100, Ellie wrote:

>"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:dR+KyzJg...@gre.ebo...

>> So how do they jump across the gaps when people have wireless

>> connections?
>
>*I* don't know.
>I'm not a techie...

I suspect they actually get carried round the walls and up the legs of
the desk by lots of tiny little ants. Imagine leaf-cutter ants, but
so small you don't see them. They cannot stand the smell of metal,
and so have to take big detours around the filing cabinets, which
explains why the network goes so slow on my laptop when I'm sat at my
desk :-(

--
Liz

Message has been deleted

greebs

Jun 22, 2005, 4:42:22 PM6/22/05
Sheel went:
>greebs burbled:
>
>>Sheel went:
>>>Cor. I actually overstand that lot.
>>>
>>But I told you that this was what was happening weeks ago in IRC. You
>>and Scott share the same initial and surname. I don't know why you're so
>>paranoid about someone being out to get you. Unless you really are
>>called Scott....
>
>I think it's funny.

I bet you laugh when people fall over.

>Chill out, man.

I wish I could. It's too bluddy hot today.
--
greebs

greebs

Jun 22, 2005, 4:43:39 PM6/22/05
Liz went:

>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:29:41 +0100, Ellie wrote:
>>"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:dR+KyzJg...@gre.ebo...
>
>>> So how do they jump across the gaps when people have wireless
>>> connections?
>>
>>*I* don't know.
>>I'm not a techie...
>
>I suspect they actually get carried round the walls and up the legs of
>the desk by lots of tiny little ants.

You've been reading Mr Pratchett.
--
greebs

Message has been deleted

Liz

Jun 22, 2005, 5:13:43 PM6/22/05

I believe Mr Pratchett's ants were confined within Hex, and were
visible. Mine are a different species, but definitely of the
leaf-cutter genus.

--
Liz

Kath

Jun 22, 2005, 6:53:04 PM6/22/05
Sheel wrote:
> Ellie burbled:

I didn't get this post, why not I wonder?

>> It's brill!
>> Me and Kath have got SIMS 2

I just had another baby Ellie!
--
Kath
~

Ellie

Jun 22, 2005, 6:58:46 PM6/22/05

"Kath" <ka...@suitcase.org> wrote in message

> Sheel wrote:
>> Ellie burbled:
>
> I didn't get this post, why not I wonder?
>
>>> It's brill!
>>> Me and Kath have got SIMS 2
>
> I just had another baby Ellie!

Congratulations!

One of mine had twins!

--
Ellie

greebs

Jun 22, 2005, 7:06:33 PM6/22/05
Kath went:

>Sheel wrote:
>> Ellie burbled:
>
>I didn't get this post, why not I wonder?
>
>>> It's brill!
>>> Me and Kath have got SIMS 2
>
>I just had another baby Ellie!

How many baby Ellies do you have already?
--
greebs

Kath

Jun 22, 2005, 7:09:52 PM6/22/05

Twins are a damned nightmare! The nanny I hired just helped herself to food,
used the pool (attractive sight!) and ignored the kids. Damn woman.
--
Kath
~

Ellie

Jun 22, 2005, 7:11:19 PM6/22/05

> Ellie wrote:
>> "Kath" <ka...@suitcase.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I didn't get this post, why not I wonder?

>>> I just had another baby Ellie!
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> One of mine had twins!
>
> Twins are a damned nightmare! The nanny I hired just helped herself to
> food, used the pool (attractive sight!) and ignored the kids. Damn woman.

My twin's parents were too poor for a pool :o(

--
Ellie

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ellie

Jun 22, 2005, 7:25:15 PM6/22/05

> greebs blathered...
> Kath...

>> >I just had another baby Ellie!
>>
>> How many baby Ellies do you have already?
>>
> aaaarghhhhhhhh - that's twice in as many days.

Awwwwwwwww!
Ain't it luvverly to be so in tune with another?
;o)

--
Ellie

greebs

Jun 22, 2005, 7:30:51 PM6/22/05
Bev went:
>greebs blathered...
>Kath...

>> >I just had another baby Ellie!
>>
>> How many baby Ellies do you have already?
>>
>aaaarghhhhhhhh - that's twice in as many days.

If it wasn't for the incorrect apostrophe in your post, I would call you
a plagiarist!
--
greebs

tuppence

Jun 22, 2005, 8:49:43 PM6/22/05
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:42:22 +0100, greebs a gribouillé dans la
poussičre...

>>Chill out, man.
>
>I wish I could. It's too bluddy hot today.

Here, have my cooling wallpaper
http://www.bredgar55.freeserve.co.uk/pics/ice.jpg
--
2d
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

tuppence

Jun 22, 2005, 8:59:03 PM6/22/05
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:49:43 +0100, tuppence a gribouillé dans la
poussière...

>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:42:22 +0100, greebs a gribouillé dans la

>poussière...

>>>Chill out, man.
>>
>>I wish I could. It's too bluddy hot today.
>
>Here, have my cooling wallpaper
>http://www.bredgar55.freeserve.co.uk/pics/ice.jpg

Hmm, I'd forgotten that one was online, it's quite cool too but this was
the one I meant http://www.bredgar55.freeserve.co.uk/pics/ice2.jpg
--
2d
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Message has been deleted

greebs

Jun 23, 2005, 12:14:32 PM6/23/05
Bev went:
>greebs blathered...
>Which post?

How many posts with incorrect apostrophes did you send?
--
greebs

Kath

Jun 23, 2005, 12:17:26 PM6/23/05
Ellie wrote:
> "Kath" <ka...@suitcase.org> wrote in message
>> Ellie wrote:
>>> "Kath" <ka...@suitcase.org> wrote in message

>>> Congratulations!
>>>
>>> One of mine had twins!
>>
>> Twins are a damned nightmare! The nanny I hired just helped herself
>> to food, used the pool (attractive sight!) and ignored the kids.
>> Damn woman.
>
> My twin's parents were too poor for a pool :o(

haven't you discovered the motherlode cheat yet which gives you $50k?
--
Kath
~

Ellie

Jun 23, 2005, 12:30:40 PM6/23/05

"Kath" <ka...@suitcase.org> wrote in message news:42bae081$0$38039

>>> Twins are a damned nightmare! The nanny I hired just helped herself
>>> to food, used the pool (attractive sight!) and ignored the kids.
>>> Damn woman.
>>
>> My twin's parents were too poor for a pool :o(
>
> haven't you discovered the motherlode cheat yet which gives you $50k?

Cheat? *Cheat*??

--
Ellie

Message has been deleted

Kath

Jun 23, 2005, 2:16:25 PM6/23/05

Is that a good reaction or a bad reaction?
--
Kath
~

Ellie

Jun 23, 2005, 2:19:25 PM6/23/05

>>> haven't you discovered the motherlode cheat yet which gives you $50k?
>>
>> Cheat? *Cheat*??
>
> Is that a good reaction or a bad reaction?

That's a tongue in cheek reaction to the idea of me cheating ;o)

--
Ellie

Bryn Evans

Jun 23, 2005, 3:21:13 PM6/23/05
In a mad moment - greebs <gre...@spl.at> mumbled :

Pass me that bag of jEllie babies will you?

--
Bryn - I blame the Teachers -

Message has been deleted

greebs

Jun 23, 2005, 5:31:09 PM6/23/05
tuppence went:
>On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:41:22 +0100, Bev a gribouillé dans la poussičre...
>>I wasn't aware that I'd sent any, whichis why I asked.
>
>Ya must've been pis^W tired at the time then :)

Here's a reminder:
"How many baby Ellie's did you have before the new one arrived."

To which the obvious response is "How many baby Ellie's whats?"
--
greebs

Message has been deleted

Ellie

Jun 23, 2005, 5:55:00 PM6/23/05

> greebs blathered...

>> >Ya must've been pis^W tired at the time then :)
>>
>> Here's a reminder:
>> "How many baby Ellie's did you have before the new one arrived."
>>
>> To which the obvious response is "How many baby Ellie's whats?"
>>
> Well why'nt you say that in the first place? We humans sometimes make
> errors. Put it down to disgruntlement from spending too much time next
> door bandying worms with prats.

I am reading it with mounting disbelief..

(And all credit to the peeps from here that can be @rsed to keep arguing
with @rses!)

--
Ellie

Kath

Jun 23, 2005, 6:35:42 PM6/23/05

Does that include me?
--
Kath
~

Ellie

Jun 23, 2005, 6:42:44 PM6/23/05

> Ellie wrote:
>> "Bev" <b...@YoullHaveToAsk.con> wrote in message
>>> greebs blathered...

>>> Well why'nt you say that in the first place? We humans sometimes make
>>> errors. Put it down to disgruntlement from spending too much time
>>> next door bandying worms with prats.
>>
>> I am reading it with mounting disbelief..
>>
>> (And all credit to the peeps from here that can be @rsed to keep
>> arguing with @rses!)
>
> Does that include me?

Indeed it does! (You mad fool you!).
I was going to ask a question, but thank god I got 'Line too long' LOL
Didn't you move onto LOGO after using the Roamer?

--
Ellie

greebs

Jun 23, 2005, 6:48:46 PM6/23/05
Ellie went:

>I was going to ask a question, but thank god I got 'Line too long' LOL

What line was too long and why did it stop you asking a question?
--
greebs

Ellie

Jun 23, 2005, 6:53:54 PM6/23/05

"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:KJFPEpPO...@gre.ebo...

> Ellie went:
>>
>>I was going to ask a question, but thank god I got 'Line too long' LOL
>
> What line was too long and why did it stop you asking a question?

Line 3
And it wouldn't send.

--
Ellie

greebs

Jun 23, 2005, 6:59:33 PM6/23/05
Ellie went:
Couldn't you make it flow onto the next line? And what's so difficult about sending lines that are too long?
My program will say "Ahem, do you know that this line is too long? Do you still want to send it?" To which I just say "What line is too long and why wouldn't I want to send it?"
--
greebs

Ellie

Jun 23, 2005, 7:06:14 PM6/23/05

"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:9+zypcQV...@gre.ebo...

I am not starting another 'Mine is better than yours' argument here!!

--
Ellie

greebs

Jun 23, 2005, 7:10:54 PM6/23/05
Ellie went:
>"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:9+zypcQV...@gre.ebo...

>> Couldn't you make it flow onto the next line? And what's so difficult
>> about sending lines that are too long?
>> My program will say "Ahem, do you know that this line is too long? Do you
>> still want to send it?" To which I just say "What line is too long and why
>> wouldn't I want to send it?"
>
>I am not starting another 'Mine is better than yours' argument here!!

You don't need to!
--
greebs

Ellie

Jun 23, 2005, 7:16:47 PM6/23/05

"greebs" <gre...@spl.at> wrote in message news:aJJLE6R+...@gre.ebo...

:oŞ

--
Ellie

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kath

Jun 24, 2005, 12:54:06 PM6/24/05
Sheel wrote:
> Ellie burbled:

>> I am not starting another 'Mine is better than yours' argument here!!
>
> Do you dare me to go into schools-twit and ask what RISC OS means?

Oh yes please! Do it Sheila, go on.
--
Kath
~

Kath

Jun 24, 2005, 12:53:11 PM6/24/05
Ellie wrote:
> "Kath" <ka...@suitcase.org> wrote in message
>> Ellie wrote:
>>> "Bev" <b...@YoullHaveToAsk.con> wrote in message

>>> I am reading it with mounting disbelief..
>>>
>>> (And all credit to the peeps from here that can be @rsed to keep
>>> arguing with @rses!)
>>
>> Does that include me?
>
> Indeed it does! (You mad fool you!).

He's just sucha pompous prig it's unbelievable!

> I was going to ask a question, but thank god I got 'Line too long' LOL
> Didn't you move onto LOGO after using the Roamer?

I've never actually understood the point of any of them. If someone can tell
me what use a roamer or LOGO has in the real world, I will actually welcome
an explanation. But I'm not bloody asking there!
--
Kath
~

Kath

Jun 24, 2005, 12:54:36 PM6/24/05
Bev wrote:
> Kath blathered...

>>> (And all credit to the peeps from here that can be @rsed to keep
>>> arguing with @rses!)
>>
>> Does that include me?
>>
> Looking at it at the moment Kaff, I'd say it was 50% you!

<proud>
--
Kath
~

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ellie

Jun 24, 2005, 1:38:51 PM6/24/05

> Kath burbled:

>>Sheel wrote:
>>> Ellie burbled:

>>> Do you dare me to go into schools-twit and ask what RISC OS means?
>>
>>Oh yes please! Do it Sheila, go on.

She'd better not.

> OK. If you plan next Wed. for me which is a whole day on Vikings with
> Yr 2.
>
> Everyone can join in.
http://home.freeuk.net/elloughton13/vikings.htm

Fabby site!

> Usual payment.

Oh great :o(

--
Ellie

Ellie

Jun 24, 2005, 1:41:25 PM6/24/05

"Kath" <ka...@suitcase.org> wrote in message

Fandabidozi for geometry, arithmetic, spatial awareness, logical thinking,
deduction, problem solving...
And bluddy good fun!

--
Ellie

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ellie

Jun 24, 2005, 3:07:01 PM6/24/05

> Ellie burbled:

>>"Sheel" <m...@top-secret.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> OK. If you plan next Wed. for me which is a whole day on Vikings with
>>> Yr 2.
>>>
>>> Everyone can join in.
>>http://home.freeuk.net/elloughton13/vikings.htm
>>
>>Fabby site!
>
> I couldn't get noggin the nog to work. It sounded good.

>>> Usual payment.
>>
>>Oh great :o(
>
> :-D
>
> You and Bev aren't pretty faces are you?

Too modest to say.

--
Ellie

greebs

Jun 24, 2005, 5:39:17 PM6/24/05
Bev went:
>Sheel blathered...
>> greebs burbled:

>> > Couldn't you make it flow onto the next line? And what's so difficult
>> > about sending lines that are too long?
>> > My program will say "Ahem, do you know that this line is too long? Do
>> > you still want to send it?" To which I just say "What line is too long
>> > and why wouldn't I want to send it?"
>>
>> I never get that.
>>
>Only OE users do.

I don't use OE.

Turnpike will normally keep the line length to something sensible like
72 characters, but it has the flexibility that I can send a longer line
if I want to, for example to make a long URL appear all on the same
line.
--
greebs

Kathy

Jun 24, 2005, 5:51:04 PM6/24/05
In article <42bc3a61$0$38038$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>, Kath
<ka...@suitcase.org> writes

>I've never actually understood the point of any of them. If someone can tell
>me what use a roamer or LOGO has in the real world, I will actually welcome
>an explanation. But I'm not bloody asking there!

A roamer can be fun! In my last place, one of our ASD boys decided to
give ours a bath - it still worked once dried out, but tended to become
very erratic after about 10 mins use.
--
Kathy

Stevie the Hedgehog

Jun 25, 2005, 5:49:50 PM6/25/05
greebs wrote:

> I don't use OE.
>
> Turnpike will normally keep the line length to something sensible like
> 72 characters, but it has the flexibility that I can send a longer line
> if I want to, for example to make a long URL appear all on the same
> line.

That's not the problem.

OE has a paddy if the "references" line gets too long, and is unable
to deal with it sensibly by (i) removing some of the references, (ii)
splitting it onto two lines or (iii) sending it anyway. So it just
whinges that it can't send the message.

--
Stevie D
\\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the

Ellie

Jun 25, 2005, 5:58:15 PM6/25/05

"Stevie the Hedgehog" <stevie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> greebs wrote:
>
>> I don't use OE.
>>
>> Turnpike will normally keep the line length to something sensible like
>> 72 characters, but it has the flexibility that I can send a longer line
>> if I want to, for example to make a long URL appear all on the same
>> line.
>
> That's not the problem.
>
> OE has a paddy if the "references" line gets too long, and is unable
> to deal with it sensibly by (i) removing some of the references, (ii)
> splitting it onto two lines or (iii) sending it anyway. So it just
> whinges that it can't send the message.

Which line is that exactly, and is it possible to shorten it manually?

--
Ellie

greebs

Jun 25, 2005, 5:58:25 PM6/25/05
Stevie the Hedgehog went:

>greebs wrote:
>
>> I don't use OE.
>>
>> Turnpike will normally keep the line length to something sensible like
>> 72 characters, but it has the flexibility that I can send a longer line
>> if I want to, for example to make a long URL appear all on the same
>> line.
>
>That's not the problem.
>
>OE has a paddy if the "references" line gets too long, and is unable
>to deal with it sensibly by (i) removing some of the references, (ii)
>splitting it onto two lines or (iii) sending it anyway. So it just
>whinges that it can't send the message.

What's the "references" line? I haven't got one of those. Where can I
get one? Am I betterer off without one?

Why is no-one except Stevie and me posting anything? If nothing appears
soon I shall be forced to post some more in schools-twits, and they're
ganging up on me in there after my last post.
--
greebs

Ellie

Jun 25, 2005, 6:00:30 PM6/25/05