Frappr map for uk.d-i-y

Grunff

Dec 24, 2005, 7:31:33 AM12/24/05
I've been playing around with frappr.com, and thought it'd be
interesting to have a map for uk.d-i-y, so we can all get an idea of
whereabouts we are.

So, I've created a map here:
http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy

If you're interested in seeing where other regulars are from, go there
and add yourself. All you need to supply is a name - so use your
uk.d-i-y handle.

--
Grunff

Owain

Dec 24, 2005, 12:12:32 PM12/24/05
Grunff wrote:
> I've been playing around with frappr.com, and thought it'd be
> interesting to have a map for uk.d-i-y, so we can all get an idea of
> whereabouts we are.

If it cross-referenced to upmystreet.com we could see who lives in
affluent suburban 2.4-children-labrador-volvo areas and who lives in
depressed inner city concrete jungles :-)

Owain

raden

Dec 24, 2005, 2:09:26 PM12/24/05
In message <43ad3f9a$0$23295$db0f...@news.zen.co.uk>, Grunff
<gru...@ixxa.com> writes
nice one

I'll do it tomorrow

--
geoff

Message has been deleted

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dec 24, 2005, 3:16:25 PM12/24/05
Jeff wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:31:33 +0000, Grunff <gru...@ixxa.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been playing around with frappr.com, and thought it'd be
>> interesting to have a map for uk.d-i-y, so we can all get an idea of
>> whereabouts we are.
>>
>> So, I've created a map here:
>> http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy
>
> Can't add myself, Isle of Arran isn't recognised, let alone the area
> we live :-)
> Regards, Jeff.

what part of arran? as brodick registers.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dec 24, 2005, 3:20:20 PM12/24/05
Jeff wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:31:33 +0000, Grunff <gru...@ixxa.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been playing around with frappr.com, and thought it'd be
>> interesting to have a map for uk.d-i-y, so we can all get an idea of
>> whereabouts we are.
>>
>> So, I've created a map here:
>> http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy
>
> Can't add myself, Isle of Arran isn't recognised, let alone the area
> we live :-)
> Regards, Jeff.

Just put Brodick and a comment to say you're actually in wherever you are
in Arran.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Lobster

Dec 24, 2005, 6:18:31 PM12/24/05

Are there really two John Rumms??!!

David

John Rumm

Dec 24, 2005, 9:11:07 PM12/24/05
Lobster wrote:

> Are there really two John Rumms??!!

Would the world be big enough ;-)

Slight problem there - took the home town without any problem - only it
seems to insist on using the one in the midlands and not the one darn
sarf. So I thought aha - simply enter it again with next nearest big
town, and oops I have multiplied. So currently waiting on the list admin
to put one of us out of our misery.

Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to one and all from the both of us.

--
Cheers,

John.

Message has been deleted

Brian Sharrock

Dec 25, 2005, 2:49:53 PM12/25/05

"raden" <ra...@kateda.org> wrote in message
Next, we'll see relay-events where choice kit is transferred from
oop Norf to darn sowf ....

--

Brian

Chris Hodges

Dec 29, 2005, 1:42:33 PM12/29/05

Anyone else found it crashes Mozilla? Konqueror can handle it but not
load the map.

Also is there a list of cities which are in the database - Bristol
returns "invalid city".

Chris

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dec 29, 2005, 1:54:30 PM12/29/05
Chris Hodges wrote:
> Grunff wrote:
>> I've been playing around with frappr.com, and thought it'd be
>> interesting to have a map for uk.d-i-y, so we can all get an idea of
>> whereabouts we are.
>>
>> So, I've created a map here:
>> http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy
>>
>> If you're interested in seeing where other regulars are from, go
>> there and add yourself. All you need to supply is a name - so use
>> your uk.d-i-y handle.
>
> Anyone else found it crashes Mozilla? Konqueror can handle it but not
> load the map.
>
> Also is there a list of cities which are in the database - Bristol
> returns "invalid city".
>
> Chris

No problem here with firefox, and bristol is recognised.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Bob Eager

Dec 29, 2005, 2:48:42 PM12/29/05
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:42:33 UTC, Chris Hodges <chris_...@127.0.0.1>
wrote:

> > So, I've created a map here:
> > http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy
> >
> > If you're interested in seeing where other regulars are from, go there
> > and add yourself. All you need to supply is a name - so use your
> > uk.d-i-y handle.
>
> Anyone else found it crashes Mozilla? Konqueror can handle it but not
> load the map.

Mozilla 1.7.12 works fine.

> Also is there a list of cities which are in the database - Bristol
> returns "invalid city".

Haven't seen one, but it knew about Herne Bay!

John Rumm

Dec 29, 2005, 3:28:44 PM12/29/05
Chris Hodges wrote:

> Anyone else found it crashes Mozilla? Konqueror can handle it but not
> load the map.

Works fine here...

Lobster

Dec 30, 2005, 6:24:21 AM12/30/05

OK, so who's responsible for this then!:

http://www.frappr.com/ukdiy/photo/989958

David

Sadly

Dec 30, 2005, 7:16:46 AM12/30/05