100/127mm plaster coving

lawrence zarb

Oct 11, 2001, 9:52:53 AM10/11/01
Can someone tell me what is the maximum length of plaster coving that
is a available in the 100mm and 127mm sizes, and where they can be
purchased from??

Stuart

Oct 11, 2001, 11:13:42 AM10/11/01
On 11 Oct 2001 06:52:53 -0700, lawren...@equant.com (lawrence
zarb) wrote:

http://www.artex-bluehawk.co.uk/products/cove/gyproc_cove.htm

http://www.artex-bluehawk.co.uk/products/cove/cove.htm
Check out either of the above links .
It sayd B+Q sell it but Ive found they only sell the shorter lengths .
For longer lengths any builders merchant worth it's salt should stock
what u r looking for
Stuart
---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Peter Fielding

Oct 12, 2001, 3:41:20 AM10/12/01
> >Can someone tell me what is the maximum length of plaster coving that
> >is a available in the 100mm and 127mm sizes, and where they can be
> >purchased from??

> It sayd B+Q sell it but Ive found they only sell the shorter lengths .
B&Q warehuose sell the 3m packs and singles (Croydon) also noticed in
the lates Wickes catalogue shoved through the door yesterday that they
also do it.

My opinion's not SSMB's, They're a bank, what would they know about
this?

jamesey

Oct 12, 2001, 4:01:07 AM10/12/01
> >Can someone tell me what is the maximum length of plaster coving that
> >is a available in the 100mm and 127mm sizes, and where they can be
> >purchased from??
> http://www.artex-bluehawk.co.uk/products/cove/gyproc_cove.htm

Cheapest i've found is Wickes - length is 3m and having put up about
80 metres of the stuff i reckon that trying to use anything longer
would be a real headache. - its fairly easy to cover joins with
sandable filler.
Jamesey

Nick Portalski

Oct 12, 2001, 7:22:48 AM10/12/01
Having put this stuff up I would say that unless your walls and ceiling are
*really really* 'true' that the longer the length the bigger the headache
putting them up will give you. If the walls / ceiling aren't completely
flat and level long lenths will end up with huge gaps between the
wall/ceiling and coving.

Shorter lengths, with sandable filler over gaps are easier.

Nick

"lawrence zarb" <lawren...@equant.com> wrote in message

Stuart

Oct 12, 2001, 7:56:59 AM10/12/01
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:22:48 +0100, "Nick Portalski"
<nick.po...@REMOVEparsec.co.uk> wrote:

>Having put this stuff up I would say that unless your walls and ceiling are
>*really really* 'true' that the longer the length the bigger the headache
>putting them up will give you. If the walls / ceiling aren't completely
>flat and level long lenths will end up with huge gaps between the
>wall/ceiling and coving.
>
>Shorter lengths, with sandable filler over gaps are easier.
>
>Nick

Agreeed-and if you are doing it on your own 2mtr is about right