Dishwasher upper spray arm not turning despite water flowing

Usenet

Feb 6, 2010, 7:03:04 PM2/6/10

I have a Beko "DE 2541 FX" slimline dishwasher. The upper arm is
not turning/spinning/rotating, even though water pours out the spray
arm's holes.

I have thoroughly cleaned the entire dishwasher compartment: the
door, the inside walls, the sump and filters, the upper and lower trays,
the arms, just about everything.

Now the bottom spray arm works fine, goes merrily round and round
spraying just dandy. If I give the bottom spray arm a good flick of the
thumb, it spins freely and will do nine or ten complete revolutions
until it stops. The upper arm is harder to turn, I can get it to rotate
two or three times at most. I couldn't really say under oath that it
turns "freely".

Should the upper spray arm rotate more freely?

The two arms are differently designed. The bottom spray arm is
simpler -- it's all plastic and just "clicks" into position. The upper
spray arm is slightly more complicated. The central hub is formed of
three interlocking snap-together parts: 1) the long arm; 2) the
bayonet-lock disc with o-ring; 3) the centre hole piece. The upper
spray arm has a bayonet/"screw on" way of being attached. When I
cleaned the upper arm, I had to pull out six or so hairs that were
wrapped around the bayonet disc and centre-hole piece that form the hub.
When the arm is assembled at the factory, the centre-hole snaps into
the arm -- trapping and securing the bayonet-lock disc -- in such a way
that you can't get at the snaps again to disassemble it. It makes it a
bugger to clean the hub of hairs that have gotten wrapped around there!
I have soaked the upper spray arm in hot vinegar for 12 hours.

**** If anyone has a Beko dishwasher, I would be most grateful if
you could post the results of flicking the upper and lower spray arms on
your machine. (Be prepared for a few drops of water to fly out!) How
many complete revolutions does each do when you give a good flick with
the thumb or finger? ****

With kind regards,

Sandy

Graham.

Feb 6, 2010, 7:53:05 PM2/6/10

"Usenet" <use...@abel.co.uk> wrote in message news:hkkvvq$fpg$1...@news.eternal-september.org...

I had almost the exact same symptoms on my dishwasher, unknown make but
not Beco, and also posted here. Had the same concerns as you about friction etc.
I could find no actual fault and a cure was
found by cleaning out the sump filter and running the machine empty (of dishes)
for a few cycles. I think it was a build-up of grease in the pipe that feeds the
water spigot at the top of the machine. It looked as though the volume of
water pouring into the top spray-arm was sufficient, but clearly it needed a little more
to rotate it reliably.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

hr(bob) hofmann@att.net

Feb 6, 2010, 11:20:06 PM2/6/10
On Feb 6, 6:53 pm, "Graham." <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> "Usenet" <use...@abel.co.uk> wrote in messagenews:hkkvvq$fpg$1...@news.eternal-september.org...
> %Profound_observation%- Hide quoted text -

Does the upper arm get its water from a tube from the main pump, or
does it get its water from an extendable center post that comes up
from the center of the bottom washer arm when the water is under
pressure. The upper arm should spin "freely". How do you get hairs
in a dishwasher???

Bod

Feb 7, 2010, 1:48:21 AM2/7/10

Stop washing your dog in the machine? :-)

Bod

Lobster

Feb 7, 2010, 4:45:12 AM2/7/10
Usenet wrote:

> I have a Beko "DE 2541 FX" slimline dishwasher. The upper arm is
> not turning/spinning/rotating, even though water pours out the spray
> arm's holes.
>
> I have thoroughly cleaned the entire dishwasher compartment: the
> door, the inside walls, the sump and filters, the upper and lower trays,
> the arms, just about everything.

I'd still strongly recommend you run it on an empty cycle using one of
those 'deep clean' bottles of dishwasher cleaner on as hot/long a cycle
as possible. I was very scornful of those until I was advised to use
them every couple of months by a dishwasher engineer after I was
suffering similar symptoms to you.... when he visited to repair ours, he
found pipes almost completely clogged with grease, which you wouldn't
get at unless you took the machine apart.

I now use them regularly with much better results than before.

David

Message has been deleted

HeyBub

Feb 7, 2010, 1:11:58 PM2/7/10
Lobster wrote:

> I'd still strongly recommend you run it on an empty cycle using one of
> those 'deep clean' bottles of dishwasher cleaner on as hot/long a
> cycle as possible. I was very scornful of those until I was advised
> to use them every couple of months by a dishwasher engineer after I
> was suffering similar symptoms to you.... when he visited to repair
> ours, he found pipes almost completely clogged with grease, which you
> wouldn't get at unless you took the machine apart.
>
> I now use them regularly with much better results than before.

Second that. My dishwasher occasionally leaked and it was a devil to find.

Turned out the water-level sensor was so caked with grease, chicken-fat,
raisin rinds, and other effluvia that the float would STICK in the down
position and more water would be supplied, eventually running out on the
floor!

There's nasty down in there. Nasty with a capital NAS.

Message has been deleted

Usenet

Feb 9, 2010, 10:00:34 AM2/9/10
tra...@optonline.net wrote:

> I tried using one a month ago. I was having problems where glassware
> was coming out very spotted. I did some investigating and found
> loads of grease below the metal filter at the bottom. I removed the
> lower spray arm, the filter scree, cleaned everything I could get
> to. But, I figured there must be even more in places I can't get
> to. So, I bought the cleaner, which seems to consist of citric
> acid. Ran it with the hottest water I could get and added extra heat
> cycle.
>
> After doing the manual clean and using the cleaner, the next few loads
> were better than previous, but still not real good. After that,
> things got back to normal. So, can't say for sure if it was the
> manual cleaning, the cleaner. More likely it was a combo of the two.
>
> Another conclusion I've come to is to at least occasionally use very
> hot water right from the start and select extra heat. Normally, the
> dishes come out fine if I just start the dishwasher on a normal cycle
> and don't let the faucet run to get hot water there. It;s a long run
> to the water heater, and I'm sure the first cycle is tepid at best,
> the second is still probably not at 130 either. I really didn't care
> because the dishes were coming out clean and I figured I'm saving
> energy. But I would suspect that over time that might allow grease
> to build-up because the water isn't hot enough to keep it suspended.
>
> To the OP, it would seem to me the upper arm should spin about freely
> by hand. If it isn't I would suspect that either there is some
> material in there or something has worn out.

Here I am completing this thread round full circle to some sort of
resolution. (Am I the only one who hates searching through pages and
pages of group threads, not one of which gets a real answer or a hint of
a resolution??!)...

...I have run my dishwasher three times in succession (using Earth
Friendly Products "Wave" citric acid based auto dishwasher gel) at the
longest, two hour, hottest water setting (70C in my case) --

-- And it worked! After the first two goes, I noticed that the
upper spray arm had changed position, and was delighted to find, at the
end of the cycle, that the upper spray arm could be sent spinning round
and round much more freely.

I'm vegetarian, with spring water, and pre-scrubbed the crockery
before loading, and have -- until now -- used nothing but hot water in
the dishwasher. (I eat eggs and dairy. It's difficult to get problems
with solid fats and grease as a vegetarian.) I cleaned the filters and
grid every six months or so.

However, over the course of three years, the dishwasher had got
slightly grungy. This must have gradually made the upper spray arm stop
turning.

So, to recap, running the dishwasher 3 times in succession on the
hottest 70C, two-hour cycle, using either plain vinegar or a citric acid
gel has cleaned everything out, and the spray arms both turn. The
dishwasher is now working properly.

From now on I'm going to regularly use the citric acid gel cleaner,
and to run the hot/long cleaning cycle every so often.

I've had to discover for myself:

Good maintenance really is the key.

Hope this helps in advance,

Sandy

P.S.

> Does the upper arm get its water from a tube from the main pump, or
> does it get its water from an extendable center post that comes up
> from the center of the bottom washer arm when the water is under
> pressure. The upper arm should spin "freely". How do you get hairs
> in a dishwasher???

From a tube system from the main pump. I realize that everyone
gets the odd hair or two in the dishwasher. However, I'm guessing that
with the caustic highly alkali cleaners people use, the hairs get
dissolved and disintegrate.

spamlet

Apr 15, 2010, 7:56:51 PM4/15/10

"Usenet" <use...@abel.co.uk> wrote in message

I expect you will find, for future reference, that the plastic whirly bits
all pull out for cleaning quite easily - ours do - then the holes can be
poked out before steeping them in acid. Our local Asian 'delis' sell citric
by the kilo, and I find a 20% solution of this is great for cleaning all
sorts of things - sprayed on taps/bath etc. Mind u it is a good idea to
descale the parts of the m/c you can't get at, your way too.

Once stayed somewhere where the dishwasher stank if it wasn't used every
day. Ordinary bleach seemed to get at the parts official cleaners couldn't
reach, when used instead of the detergent, and did eventually get rid of the
stink.

ss

Jan 10, 2012, 3:41:17 PM1/10/12

"spamlet" <spam.m...@spamola.invalid> wrote in message
Have had similar (not spinning well) on a couple of machines, in both cases
it was gunk inside the arm that had blocked some of the jets.
It wasnt obvious at first as they looked clear but the pressure of the water
when the machine was running pushed the gunk forward to block some of the
jets and then slid back when idle.
I eventually managed to disassmble the arm and in both they were full of
crap.
I also have to look out for my other half as i am sure she thinks the
machine doubles as a waste disposal unit or she puts things that are too
high and stops the arm spinning, those problems I cant cure :-(

HeyBub

Jan 10, 2012, 4:34:04 PM1/10/12
Add TSP to the dishwashing powder.

bob haller

Jan 10, 2012, 5:42:27 PM1/10/12

> Add TSP to the dishwashing powder

yes that works well

Steve Barker

Jan 10, 2012, 8:51:37 PM1/10/12
And white vinegar to the load, preferably at rinse time if you're so
inclined to watch it. (one cup)

--
Steve Barker

Attila.Iskander

Jan 11, 2012, 9:51:13 AM1/11/12

"HeyBub" <hey...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

> Add TSP to the dishwashing powder.

What's TSP ?

N8N

Jan 11, 2012, 9:58:11 AM1/11/12
On Jan 11, 9:51 am, "Attila.Iskander" <Attila.Iskan...@Live.com>
wrote:
Trisodium Phosphate, useta be a common ingredient in detergents, and
also sold in powder form for paint-prep cleanup. Works really well.
Unfortunately, being a phosphate, it acts as a fertilizer when it gets
into waterways, so it is banned in many areas (like mine.)
Unfortunately, a suitable replacement has yet to be found, so laundry
and washing dishes is more challenging these days.

nate

tom

Jan 11, 2012, 10:12:06 AM1/11/12

wrote:
> "HeyBub" <hey...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

> > Add TSP to the dishwashing powder.
>
> What's TSP ?

>>Unfortunately, a suitable replacement has yet to be found, so laundry
>>and washing dishes is more challenging these days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001GOGQW/ref=oh_o01_s00_i01_details

Erik

Jan 11, 2012, 10:17:48 AM1/11/12

notbob

Jan 11, 2012, 10:25:39 AM1/11/12
On 2012-01-11, N8N <njn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> What's TSP ?
>
> Trisodium Phosphate, useta be a common ingredient in detergents, and
> also sold in powder form for paint-prep cleanup. Works really well.
> Unfortunately, being a phosphate, it acts as a fertilizer when it gets
> into waterways, so it is banned in many areas (like mine.)

Yep. I think Spic n' Span use to be mostly TSP. I was not aware of
the pollution issue, though. It was still available at Och Sply H/W
stores last I looked, but the price was up by a factor of 15X. The
same box I used to buy for less than a dollar now costs closer the
$15!!

nb

--
vi --the root of evil

Harry K

Jan 11, 2012, 10:56:17 AM1/11/12
Iuse the tablets. How would I go about adding TSP to the machine and
how much per dose?

Harry K

tom

Jan 11, 2012, 11:04:53 AM1/11/12

"Harry K" <turnk...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Trisodium Phosphate, useta be a common ingredient in detergents, and
> also sold in powder form for paint-prep cleanup. Works really well.
> Unfortunately, being a phosphate, it acts as a fertilizer when it gets
> into waterways, so it is banned in many areas (like mine.)
> Unfortunately, a suitable replacement has yet to be found, so laundry
> and washing dishes is more challenging these days.
>
> nate

Iuse the tablets. How would I go about adding TSP to the machine and
how much per dose?

I put about half a teaspoon on the liquid dishwashing soap I use and it
makes a notable difference.

Stormin Mormon

Jan 11, 2012, 11:13:16 AM1/11/12
With a tablespoon. Try one spoonful per load, to start.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Stormin Mormon

Jan 11, 2012, 11:20:45 AM1/11/12
I'm waiting for someone to say TSP is how you connnect your computer to the
internet.

As with many things, if it works, it's either banned, prescription, or needs
a government granted license to purchase, posess, or use.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

HeyBub

Jan 11, 2012, 11:47:06 AM1/11/12
Harry K wrote:

> Iuse the tablets. How would I go about adding TSP to the machine and
> how much per dose?

Quit using the tablets; use powder.

Pour the contents of the box of diswashing powder in a large bowl, add
10-15% (by weight or volume) of TSP.

Mix well.

Return the mixture to the box.*

----
* Cut an "X" in the top of the box, pour from the bowl, via a funnel, back
into the box. Seal the "X" with duct tape.

Bob Minchin

Jan 11, 2012, 11:48:07 AM1/11/12
Also sold under the name of 'sugar soap' for decorating purposes in UK
and possibly elsewhere.

Bob

stuart noble

Jan 11, 2012, 12:03:34 PM1/11/12
AFAIK sugar soap no longer contains TSP.

Jim K

Jan 11, 2012, 12:16:15 PM1/11/12
"Greater than 10% SODIUM SESQUICARBONATE

Ecotoxicity = Not expected to be toxic to aquatic organisms. "

that's reassuring ;>)

Jim K

ss

Jan 11, 2012, 12:59:50 PM1/11/12

"Jim K" <jk98...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Buy here (uk) ?
http://www.intralabs.co.uk/trisodium-phosphate.html

Andy Burns

Jan 11, 2012, 1:12:07 PM1/11/12
Seems a suspiciously small product range for a chemical distributor ...

Jim K

Jan 11, 2012, 1:55:43 PM1/11/12
mmm tho good to see they stock "Chemically Pure Megnesium Sulphate"
whatever that is.....

and "6 Endsleigh Park Road, Plymouth" appears somewhat residential
for a chemical distro.....

Jim K

N8N

Jan 11, 2012, 3:24:06 PM1/11/12
On Jan 11, 10:12 am, "tom" <21@?.com> wrote:
> "N8N" <njna...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Good idea, but read the fine print.

"Not Available To Members in Phosphate Restricted Areas"

Although, honestly, if you don't let your grey water go into the sewer
(e.g. you let it go to a cistern and use it for watering plants etc.)
I don't see the big deal.

nate

Jim K

Jan 11, 2012, 3:32:46 PM1/11/12
I expect the postage would knacker any realistic chance...

Jim K

Steve Barker

Jan 11, 2012, 6:15:27 PM1/11/12
funny, it's not restricted when you go into home depot and pick it off
the shelf.

Steve Barker

Jan 11, 2012, 6:16:22 PM1/11/12
HUH>?!

Andy Burns

Jan 11, 2012, 4:21:18 PM1/11/12
Jim K wrote:

> On Jan 11, 6:12 pm, Andy Burns<usenet.aug2...@adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> ss wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.intralabs.co.uk/trisodium-phosphate.html
>>
>> Seems a suspiciously small product range for a chemical distributor ...
>
> mmm tho good to see they stock "Chemically Pure Megnesium Sulphate"
> whatever that is.....
> somewhat residential for a chemical distro.....

Yes, I'm sure it's just a little home sideline, but I did check their
list to see if they included ammonium nitrate, potassium chlorate and
various peroxides as a terrorist 'sting' site!

Jim K

Jan 11, 2012, 4:23:55 PM1/11/12
seem mainly to deal in Happy Mondays' "Bez style" mysterious white
powders......

Jim K

Jim K

Jan 11, 2012, 4:25:53 PM1/11/12
and the origin of the OP is......................?

OK OK already here's 2 clues "K" "U"
;>))

Jim K

Oren

Jan 11, 2012, 4:33:11 PM1/11/12
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:32:46 -0800 (PST), Jim K <jk98...@gmail.com>
wrote:
If that is the case, just check your local hardware supply place. Home
Depot sells both the Red and Green boxes in the paint section.

SAVOGRAN brand:

Red box is real

Green box is a substitute (worthless)

What is "knacker"? Does it require the use of an accent?

Just curious....

Jim K

Jan 11, 2012, 4:38:40 PM1/11/12
On Jan 11, 9:33 pm, Oren <O...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:32:46 -0800 (PST), Jim K <jk989...@gmail.com>
ah the poetry ;>)

"knacker verb" JFGI?

all the best y'all
Jim K

HeyBub

Jan 11, 2012, 5:26:12 PM1/11/12
Jim K wrote:
> On Jan 11, 6:12 pm, Andy Burns <usenet.aug2...@adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
>> ss wrote:
>>> Buy here (uk) ?
>>> http://www.intralabs.co.uk/trisodium-phosphate.html
>>
>> Seems a suspiciously small product range for a chemical distributor
>
> mmm tho good to see they stock "Chemically Pure Megnesium Sulphate"
> whatever that is.....

Epsom Salts - for those whose feet cannot tolerate contaminants.

Nate Nagel

Jan 11, 2012, 5:53:44 PM1/11/12
You must not live in a "phosphate restricted area" then. When I go to
HD it's not *on* the shelf, but they do sell "TSP substitute."

Now I definitely do live in a "phosphate restricted area" (Chesapeake
Bay watershed) but I don't know if that means that you can't buy TSP in
any form, or if it is only prohibited in household detergents. But in
any case, I don't see it on the shelves anymore.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Stormin Mormon

Jan 11, 2012, 9:26:12 PM1/11/12
So, you'd post em a couple pound, a quid or two. The blighter would off ye
to the constable, who would send a couple bobbies to bag you and stuff you
in a lorry. Off to the magistrate, who would put ye in for a pound, till yer
barmy, mate?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Andy Burns" <usenet....@adslpipe.co.uk> wrote in message

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Jan 11, 2012, 10:45:54 PM1/11/12
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:26:12 -0600, "HeyBub" <hey...@NOSPAMgmail.com>
wrote:
But the limey can't spell - it's mAgnesium suphate, not mEgnesium.

Harry K

Jan 11, 2012, 11:09:14 PM1/11/12
Thanks guys - will be visiting a paint supply store tomorrow.

Harry K

Harry K

Jan 11, 2012, 11:14:50 PM1/11/12
> nate- Hide quoted text -

Mine runs to the septic tank so it should make the little buggies grow
well :)

Harry K

G. Morgan

Jan 12, 2012, 12:37:46 AM1/12/12

Jim K

Jan 12, 2012, 4:17:50 AM1/12/12
hooray! a prize to the man in the cocked hat !!!!! ;>)))

Jim K

Andy Burns

Jan 12, 2012, 4:36:10 AM1/12/12
At least it isn't sulfate :-)

Jim K

Jan 12, 2012, 5:21:55 AM1/12/12
don;t tell em Pike ;)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Harry K

Jan 12, 2012, 11:30:48 PM1/12/12
On Jan 11, 8:04 am, "tom" <21@?.com> wrote:
> "Harry K" <turnkey4...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Trisodium Phosphate, useta be a common ingredient in detergents, and
> > also sold in powder form for paint-prep cleanup. Works really well.
> > Unfortunately, being a phosphate, it acts as a fertilizer when it gets
> > into waterways, so it is banned in many areas (like mine.)
> > Unfortunately, a suitable replacement has yet to be found, so laundry
> > and washing dishes is more challenging these days.
>
> > nate
>
> Iuse the tablets.  How would I go about adding TSP to the machine and
> how much per dose?
>
> I put about half a teaspoon on the liquid dishwashing soap I use and it
> makes a notable difference.

It works! Or at least the first dose made a big inroad in cleaning it
up. I'll run an 'empty' load tonight.

Thank's again to all of ya.

Harry K
Message has been deleted

Jim K

Jan 13, 2012, 5:00:12 AM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 9:31 am, Huge <H...@nowhere.much.invalid> wrote:
> On 2012-01-12, Tim Streater <timstrea...@greenbee.net> wrote:
>

> > In article <9n8n4uFt8...@mid.individual.net>,
> > Huge <H...@nowhere.much.invalid> wrote:
> >> That's the standard IUPAC spelling now. :o(
>
> > Fuck that.
>
> Don't you mean "Phuck that"?

oh FPS.....;>)

Jim K

Brian Gaff

Mar 28, 2012, 5:21:29 PM3/28/12
Is that a sulphate worse than death?

hiding..
Brian

Email: bri...@blueyonder.co.uk

"Andy Burns" <usenet....@adslpipe.co.uk> wrote in message

The Medway Handyman

Mar 29, 2012, 2:37:49 AM3/29/12
On 28/03/2012 22:21, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Is that a sulphate worse than death?
>
> hiding..
> Brian

????

Team Software Process, a framework for producing software products
Telecommunications service provider, telecommunications company
Telephony Service Provider, software interface to telephony device
Thrombospondin, protein
Time Stamp Protocol, cryptographic protocol
Titanium sublimation pump, a type of vacuum pump
Touch Screen Panel
Touch Screen Pen
Trailer stability program, extension of vehicle Electronic Stability
Control system
Transit signal priority, name for various techniques to speed up bus
public transport.
Transport Sample Protocol, open source protocol for sampling data
Travelling salesman problem, challenging mathematical problem
Trimethylsilyl-2,2,3,3-tetradeuteropropionic acid, derivative of
tetramethylsilane
Trisodium phosphate, chemical compound often used as a household cleaner
Tropical spastic paraparesis
TSP (econometrics software), programming language for the estimation
and simulation of econometric models
Tunnel Setup Protocol, protocol used to negotiate IP tunnels between a
TSP client and a TSP server

Tim Lamb

Mar 29, 2012, 3:23:02 AM3/29/12
In message <3rTcr.9595$yJ4....@fx07.am4>, The Medway Handyman
<davi...@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
Also... triple super phosphate an important agricultural fertiliser.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Brian Gaff

Mar 29, 2012, 12:01:21 PM3/29/12
Or Terribly Silly Page.

Brian

Email: bri...@blueyonder.co.uk

"The Medway Handyman" <davi...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

Mar 29, 2012, 12:55:00 PM3/29/12
Toilet Stinky Paper?

When I was a kid, that's what STP meant, Stinky Toilet Paper. Two
generations later, I have learned that STP is Scientifically Treated
Petroleum. I'll probably learn what TSP means, in another generation.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Brian Gaff" <Bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

The Natural Philosopher

Mar 29, 2012, 1:35:57 PM3/29/12
Stormin Mormon wrote:
> Toilet Stinky Paper?
>
> When I was a kid, that's what STP meant, Stinky Toilet Paper. Two
> generations later, I have learned that STP is Scientifically Treated
> Petroleum. I'll probably learn what TSP means, in another generation.

or if you were in the right circles, in meant 'Serenity Tranquillity and
Peace - a really nasty heavy duty psychedelic.

"Back in the 60's substance DOM (2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine) was
referred to as STP.

"This compound, unbeknownst to me, was scattered widely and plentifully
in the heyday of the Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco, in mid-1967. It
was distributed under the name STP, which was said to stand for
Serenity, Tranquility, and Peace. It was also claimed to represent Super
Terrific Psychedelic, or Stop The Police. The police called it: Too
Stupid to Puke. Actually, the name was taken from the initials of a
motor additive which was completely unrelated chemically. Incredibly,
and sadly, one of the avowed experts in the area of the "sensuous drugs"
actually stated that STP, the motor oil additive, was really one and the
same as STP, the highly dangerous psychedelic. The motor oil additive,
he wrote in a book of his, had properties somewhat related to those of
LSD, mescaline, and the amphetamines. How fortunate that the love
children of the time didn't do much reading, for they might have gotten
into yet deeper pharmacological troubles with drug raids on the local
gasoline stations."

See: http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal068.shtml

> Christopher A. Young
> Learn more about Jesus
> www.lds.org
> .
>
> "Brian Gaff" <Bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Or Terribly Silly Page.
>
> Brian

and how hard it is to achieve it.

k...@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 1, 2012, 4:50:08 PM4/1/12
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:55:00 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
<cayoung61***spam...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Toilet Stinky Paper?
>
>When I was a kid, that's what STP meant, Stinky Toilet Paper. Two
>generations later, I have learned that STP is Scientifically Treated
>Petroleum. I'll probably learn what TSP means, in another generation.

Huh. I always thought STP was "standard temperature and pressure", 0C at
normal "sea level" pressure (~14.5psi). ...or a motor oil.