Part P Electrical Checks - Payment

Peter Hemmings

Jul 22, 2007, 10:34:17 AM7/22/07

Several months ago I was told that Building Control was directed by a
government notice to pay for these checks (out of their fees) and I was
to refer to a para 1.6 (I think). This worked with my BCO!

Unfortunately my PC went down and I lost the details, could someone
therefore give me details again as I may need to quote them!?

Thanks

John Rumm

Jul 22, 2007, 10:54:02 AM7/22/07
Peter Hemmings wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Several months ago I was told that Building Control was directed by a
> government notice to pay for these checks (out of their fees) and I was
> to refer to a para 1.6 (I think). This worked with my BCO!

Close, but no cigar!

Section 1.26 of the Part P approved document

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Wade

Jul 22, 2007, 11:59:38 AM7/22/07
John Rumm wrote:

> Section 1.26 of the Part P approved document

Which can be found here:
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/en/4000000001253.html

--
Andy

EricP

Jul 22, 2007, 12:21:09 PM7/22/07

I think you people must have saved the odd hundred quid or so around
the country in the last year. :)

John Rumm

Jul 22, 2007, 3:26:04 PM7/22/07

Unless you meet the one of the bloody minded councils with their heads
up their collective arses:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_frm/thread/39122ea940a589e7/f2e6079f7a19eba0?lnk=gst&q=part+p+nebula+council&rnum=2#f2e6079f7a19eba0

dg

Jul 22, 2007, 8:00:26 PM7/22/07

We have a situation with a local council where they are stating that
they "don't do" the electrical tests, and the applicant should arrange
the part p testing themselves. They also want to charge the applicant
for a regularisation fee for checking the electrical works which they
(the council) did not check as part of a building notice application.

They are basically saying that the building control fee does not
include the electrical testing, and the only way for them to pass off
electrics is via the regularisation procedure. And yes, they are aware
of s.1.26 and the government guidance letter.

When submitting plans, they require a statement to the effect that
"the applicant will arrange their own tests by a competent person who
is a member of an approved scheme"

dg