Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Ian McCall

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 02:02:0316.06.06
an
All in the subject really.
<http://www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop/> to fetch the proper
release version.

Cheers,
Ian

deKay

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 04:36:0616.06.06
an
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 16 Jun
2006 07:02:03 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do uk.comp.sys.mac,
yawatina tan reek esk Ian McCall <i...@eruvia.org> fornis do marikano es bono
tan el:

>All in the subject really.
><http://www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop/> to fetch the proper
>release version.

Well, that's my weekend sorted then :)

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
"It's like a cross between SSX, The Magic Roundabout, Homestar Runner,

Rexx Magnus

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 05:13:5916.06.06
an
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 06:02:03 GMT, Ian McCall scrawled:

I was never able to run the latest release candidate without it coming up
with the "unable to communicate with hypervisor" error - rebooting fixed
it once, but after that nothing sorted it. Uninstalling, rebooting:
nothing.

I'd probably get it if it had the ability to use the actual HD partition
(using hardware profiles to stop config screwyness) and if I wasn't too
worried about Leopard having something like it built in when it comes out.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk
To email me, visit the site.

http://www.rexx.co.uk/runes/ - personal online rune readings

Ian McCall

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 05:39:5016.06.06
an
On 2006-06-16 10:13:59 +0100, Rexx Magnus <tras...@uk2.net> said:

> I'd probably get it if it had the ability to use the actual HD
> partition (using hardware profiles to stop config screwyness) and if I
> wasn't too worried about Leopard having something like it built in when
> it comes out.

I wondered about Leopard myself, but decided that the price was low
enough that I didn't mind. Had I been looking at a Virtual PC-style 179
pound purchase I'd have probably waited, but they've priced this one
well I think.

Cheers,
Ian

Jaimie Vandenbergh

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 06:05:0416.06.06
an

That they have, I'm currently dithering overbuying a copy in
preparation for getting an Intel Mac.

In slight mitigation, VPC does include a full-price Windows license.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Choose the Dark Side... now why would I do a thing like that?"
-- Obi-Wan Renton

Mike Connally

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 06:12:5316.06.06
an
In article <4ffcj6F...@individual.net>,
Ian McCall <i...@eruvia.org> wrote:

> I wondered about Leopard myself, but decided that the price was low
> enough that I didn't mind. Had I been looking at a Virtual PC-style 179
> pound purchase I'd have probably waited, but they've priced this one
> well I think.

True. Problem is, for somebody like me going from VPC
to Parallels, you can't use your existing copy of XP on
parallels, because you need a pukka Windows install CD
and Microsoft won't provide one. So you're stuffed and
have to lay out serious dosh for a retail copy of XP.

--
Mike Connally
Had to take action 'against spam'. Remove those words to reply.

Ian McCall

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 06:33:5416.06.06
an
On 2006-06-16 11:05:04 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh
<jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> said:

> In slight mitigation, VPC does include a full-price Windows license.

Does it? I don't think the base one does, which is the one I was
thinking of at 179. I picked the one without a Windows license because
I can use my existing licence bought at retail (upgraded from
95->2k->XP). I don't have a physical Windows installation any more,
just the virtual one, so the one licence is perfectly sufficient for me.

Cheers,
Ian

Jaimie Vandenbergh

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 06:41:3616.06.06
an
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:33:54 +0100, Ian McCall <i...@eruvia.org> wrote:

>On 2006-06-16 11:05:04 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh
><jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> said:
>
>> In slight mitigation, VPC does include a full-price Windows license.
>
>Does it? I don't think the base one does,

Which is right, it doesn't,

> which is the one I was
>thinking of at 179.

currently £109 for that version. "For customers who already have their
own legally licensed copy of Windows".

Still overpriced, but not as bad as £179.

Cheers - J
--
>So, what do *you* do for a living?
I sit in a chair pressing small plastic rectangles with my fingers
while peering at many tiny, colored dots. -- Peter Manders

Woody

ungelesen,
17.06.2006, 07:43:1317.06.06
an
In article <4ffcj6F...@individual.net>, i...@eruvia.org says...

Same here - at the price it is worth it for the time between now and
whenever leopard comes out. It means I can do the MS Word stuff I needed
to do on the PC on my Mac, which is well worth the money!

--
Woody

Jon B

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 12:24:5116.06.06
an
Woody <use...@alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

Think you want to check the PC, it thinks it is Saturday the 17th...
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.

Woody

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 12:46:3716.06.06
an
In article <1hh1ca6.1wukeqr1u4ujxxN%black...@jonbradbury.com>,
black...@jonbradbury.com says...

So it does. Bloody windows, can't even tell the time!!

--
Woody

Jay

ungelesen,
16.06.2006, 16:27:4516.06.06
an
On 17/6/06 12:43, in article MPG.1efdfb2d2...@192.168.254.11,
"Woody" <use...@alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

Exactly the same here - brand-new 3 month-old copy of VPC7.0 sat doing
nothing - need to sell to help buy XP for Parallels.

I didn't intend upgrading from my G4 iBook for some time.....

.......but then I used a MacBook:-)

I could have bought Parallels, XP & had change for the cost of VPC:-(

-Jay-

0 neue Nachrichten