Warning: Scammer MrUnlock.com AVOID!!!

1 view

Mark Gillespie

Aug 26, 2007, 4:25:22 PM8/26/07
www.mrunlock.com

Paid £2.95 for a supposed unlock code, and this is all you get:

Manufacturer: Nokia
Model: 6300
Country: United Kingdom
Network: Orange

Where to unlock your Nokia 6300
-------------------------------

The simplest unlock solution for your Nokia 6300 involves sourcing the
original unique unlock code for your phone, which is held by Orange.

Orange already have this unlock code as they originally locked your phone.

Below we’ll tell you two tried and tested techniques to get your unlock
code from Orange - even if your phone is still under contract.

Plus we’ll even tell you the exact way to enter the unlock code provided
by Orange.

Option 1 - How to unlock your Nokia 6300 (still under contract)

1. Call Orange customer services & request an unlock code to use foreign
SIM cards in your phone. Please be aware that there may be a charge for
this dependant on your usage.

2. Once requested, you may need to wait for 3 days (or more as codes are
sometimes sent by post).

3. Follow our special instructions to enter the unlock code:

http://www.mrunlock.com/faq.php?cID=10

Your Nokia 6300 is now unlocked!

PLUS – you can re-use this solution again and again on as many phones as
you like!

Option 2 - How to unlock any Nokia 6300
---------------------------------------

1. Source an Orange prepay SIM card.

2. Call Orange customer services & register your handset IMEI with the new
prepay SIM card.

3. Wait for your new SIM to be activated by Orange.

4. Call Orange customer services & request an unlock code to use foreign
SIM cards in your phone. Please be aware that there may be a charge for
this dependant on your usage.

5. Once requested, you may need to wait for 3 days (or more as codes are
sometimes sent by post).

6. Follow our special instructions to enter the unlock code:

http://www.mrunlock.com/faq.php?cID=10

Your Nokia 6300 is now unlocked!

PLUS – you can re-use this solution again and again on as many phones as
you like!

Mark Gillespie

Aug 26, 2007, 4:26:03 PM8/26/07

Seb

Aug 26, 2007, 4:53:37 PM8/26/07
"Mark Gillespie" <mark.gi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> www.mrunlock.com
>
> Paid £2.95 for a supposed unlock code, and this is all you get:

It does say you're paying for "unlock solution" - not the actual code
itself. Which they provided you with.

Trust No One®

Aug 27, 2007, 3:03:57 AM8/27/07

"Seb" <seba...@NOSPAMelmy.orangehome.co.uk> wrote in message
I'm sorry but that does not wash....

If what the OP says is true then the website appears to be misrepresenting
what they provide in some cases.

Reading through the "testimonials"

------
"Just to say thanks for sending the unlock numbers so quickly...
just the job!

"just wanted to thanks,the unlock code came straight through and worked
first time.that was after 2 other companys messed me around"

"Thank you very much for the unlocking software. it really works as
promised"

"Thanks for the unlock code for my 6230i, it works fine"
-------

However they are rather vague about what you actually receive. In their FAQs
page they state:

"Of course this depends on the model and type of solution, but in all cases
we provide full easy-to-follow instructions to guide you through the
process."

Seems that they can and do provide unlock codes for some models of phones,
but for other (I guess newer) models you get a so called "unlocking
solution". Weasel wording if you ask me.

The OP should go directly to Trading Standards and possibly the ASA. At the
very least the vendor should be more transparent as to what they actually
provide.

--
Peter <X-Files fan>

Trust No One®

Aug 27, 2007, 3:08:17 AM8/27/07

"Mark Gillespie" <mark.gi...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> www.mrunlock.com
>
> Paid £2.95 for a supposed unlock code, and this is all you get:
>

> Manufacturer: Nokia
> Model: 6300
> Country: United Kingdom
> Network: Orange

Hmmm...

Just after I made my first post I plugged the details above into the
UnlockSolutionsProvider form prominently displayed on the home page of the
website. It came back with "Sorry, no unlock solution available'

So how did you manage to pay them £2.95 if they do not actually provide an
unlocking solution for your phone?

--
Peter <X-Files fan>

Black Shuck

Aug 27, 2007, 7:11:45 AM8/27/07
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:08:17 +0100, Trust No One® <dana....@usa.xnet>
wrote:

Interesting, it WAS offered as an option..

Either way, the guy is a scammer, avoid them..

Can anyone suggest a REPUTABLE company to unlock my Orange UK Nokia 6300?

Cheers.

Gloria

Aug 27, 2007, 7:42:20 AM8/27/07
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:21:34 GMT, Rupert Moss-Eccardt
<r.moss-...@computer.org> wrote:

>Mark Gillespie wrote:
>> www.mrunlock.com
>>
>> Paid £2.95 for a supposed unlock code, and this is all you get:
>>

>> Manufacturer: Nokia
>> Model: 6300
>> Country: United Kingdom
>> Network: Orange

>[snip]
>
>Have a word with your local Trading Standards. Also ask MrUnlock for
>your money back.
>
>In my opinion the site is deliberately misleading.

Complain to Paypal
http://tinyurl.com/2a4pud
and get their account locked so they wont be able to get the funds.

Report to the Police
http://www.met.police.uk/computercrime/

and you local Police/Trading standards as advised.

Post many mails on various newsgroups reporting the CON. Each post
will register in the search engines and be a warning for others as
you'll see here already
http://tinyurl.com/2p4jdn

His ISP is in Holland and very likely couldn't give a shit, and his
domain provider is TUCOWS Inc who also don't give a shit, so don't
waste your time there.

Complain to Visa
http://visa.co.uk/contact/main.jsp?src=home_page

Or MasterCard
http://www.mastercard.com/uk/personal/en/education/fraud.html

Andy Burns

Aug 27, 2007, 7:51:15 AM8/27/07
On 27/08/2007 12:42, Gloria wrote:

> Complain to [snip all and sundry]

Unlikely to get you far, from what I can see the site isn't offering to
sell actual unlock codes, just information on how to get an unlock code,
and it has delivered just that, caveat emptor ...

Gloria

Aug 27, 2007, 7:59:01 AM8/27/07

There is that of course, but it's still a blatant con!

Andy Burns

Aug 27, 2007, 8:04:34 AM8/27/07
On 27/08/2007 12:59, Gloria wrote:

> There is that of course, but it's still a blatant con!

Agreed it's a trap for the unwary, if anyone /does/ notice this message
before losing a couple of quid all well and good.

Rupert Moss-Eccardt

Aug 27, 2007, 8:04:06 AM8/27/07

It is, of course, a matter of fact and degree. However, given the
wording and the price I think a consumer would have a reasonable
expectation that they would have an unlocked phone afterwards without
having to spend more money.

Andy Burns

Aug 27, 2007, 8:22:32 AM8/27/07
On 27/08/2007 13:04, Rupert Moss-Eccardt wrote:

> It is, of course, a matter of fact and degree. However, given the
> wording and the price I think a consumer would have a reasonable
> expectation that they would have an unlocked phone afterwards without
> having to spend more money.

Having visited the site again, it does appear to make stronger promises
than the when I first read it, but only for certain phones, however when
feeding the O/P's detail into their checker, I got

"1. Your phone manufacturer: Nokia
2. Your phone model: 6300
3. Your phone country: United Kingdom
4. Your phone network: Orange

Sorry, no unlock solution available."

So it's not cut and dried.

Rupert Moss-Eccardt

Aug 27, 2007, 8:24:23 AM8/27/07

And it is also wrong. I tried it with a Nokia 5500 Sport with Orange and
was told there was no solution when, in fact, the "pay Orange £20
solution" does work

BruceR

Aug 27, 2007, 1:22:24 PM8/27/07
Frankly, I don't see the problem. They offered to provide their
"Pro-Unlock" service for a flat rate of 6.95 that will unlock my phone.
I paid nothing to find that out. (I didn't buy because my phone is
already unlocked). In the US both TMo and ATT will provide the unlock
code for free once you've been a customer for 90 days.

Thomas Kenyon

Aug 27, 2007, 3:04:00 PM8/27/07
Trust No One® wrote:

> However they are rather vague about what you actually receive. In their FAQs
> page they state:

I got caught by this one too a while back. I vaguely remember being told
that my account was Ł2.95 in credit as well at the end of it. (though no
idea what I could spend it on).