Milton Keynes Status

Russ Garrett

Mar 19, 2012, 2:54:37 PM3/19/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
At the risk of spoilering tonight's meeting minutes:

- We walked about 6 miles through Milton Keynes. It's weird.
- Perhaps a bit more motorway noise at the site than expected (but the
trees aren't in leaf yet)
- Perhaps there is a risk of sewage plant smell if the wind is blowing
the wrong way, we need to go back and check
- The motocross track on the other side of the M1 could be used for a
load of stuff but it's probably not feasible putting within the
licensed perimeter
- The area under the M1 bridges is awesome and could make a great bar
area (but the bridge could be leaky if it rains).
- Meeting with MKPT was good, I handed in the application form, the
date is firmly reserved.
- They only want cash 12 weeks in advance (which is great)
- They do not want payment for the days we spend doing setup/teardown
(which is even more great)

So the cost will be ~£3k (of which £2k will be deposit), payable in
late May/early June.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk