Most Popular Virtualization

mark_smith

Jan 21, 2010, 9:25:28 AM1/21/10
to Ubuntu-User-Community
Hey Guys, I was wondering, if you could suggest when to use KVM
virtualization, Xen and VMWare. Which one do you think is the most
popular among the various virtualization offerings in the market.
Appreciate your help folks. Thanks.

shadyabhi

Jan 21, 2010, 1:36:55 PM1/21/10
to ubuntu-use...@googlegroups.com
I use Virtual Box... it suffice all my need.

Che Hyderabadi

Jan 21, 2010, 8:55:52 PM1/21/10
to Ubuntu-User-Community
hey mark,
in the field of virtualization, at least as of today "VMWARE" is still
the emperor
here is a small heads up for you

KVM: is still emrerging, expected to to be break through technology,
but not adopted by the industry yet, need to try out
XEN: open source, but limited hardware and guest operating system
support comparatively and personally its not that user friendly
VMware: Its been out there for a long time, the feature list, user
base, supported hardware is very huge than any other virtalization,
how ever its expensive

we can narrow down to which one to use based on your requirement
if you can share the use cases, it will be easy to choose the solution

-Che

Arun Williams

Jan 21, 2010, 11:05:32 PM1/21/10
to Ubuntu-User-Community
If we talk about Stability, performance, wide range of h/w support,
GOS support and features......My vote for VMware virtualization....
they are the pioneers.

-A William
Take my advice,I don’t use it anyway.

Rajesh Petchimuthu

Jan 22, 2010, 12:29:42 AM1/22/10
to ubuntu-use...@googlegroups.com

Adding Arun comment, anybody interested can always download some of the free software downloads from vmware site.

--Rajesh