built-in commands disappear?

1 view

Matt Price

Nov 25, 2008, 2:55:11 PM11/25/08
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i'm having a problem which also seems to be described in this bug:
http://labs.toolness.com/trac/ticket/391

this is on ubuntu intrepid, using the standard firefox 3.0.3 packages.
ubiquity is 0.1.2. the error manifests this way: when i start out, all
the buil-in commands are available. but then at some point during my
first session, the built-in commands disappear, or anyway most of them,
leaving me with only the self-installed commands along with command-list
and one or t wo others. i can only get the built-in commands back by
uninstalling and then rreinstalling ubiquity. just wondering if anyone
else has seen this issue and/or whether folks have debugging ideas.

thanks much!

matt

--
Matt Price
matt....@utoronto.ca

Abimanyu Raja

Nov 26, 2008, 8:08:13 AM11/26/08
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matt,

When the commands disappear, is it possible for you check the Error Console (Tools -> Error console) and post the errors here?

Regardless of the exact error, I think the best way to solve such command subscriptions is to move from using the annotation service to our own sqlite database. I'm going to attempt to do that soon.

- Abi

Matt Price

Nov 28, 2008, 2:20:27 PM11/28/08
On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 21:08 +0800, Abimanyu Raja wrote:
> Hey Matt,
>
> When the commands disappear, is it possible for you check the Error
> Console (Tools -> Error console) and post the errors here?
>
> Regardless of the exact error, I think the best way to solve such
> command subscriptions is to move from using the annotation service to
> our own sqlite database. I'm going to attempt to do that soon.

hi abi,

thanks for the quick response. evolution has taken to auto-filtering
new mailing lists to an undisclosed location, so i wasn't actually aware
you'd responded till just now. i'll try to catch the error in the
console.

thanks,

matt
--
Matt Price
matt....@utoronto.ca

AndrewBib

Dec 2, 2008, 11:48:33 AM12/2/08
to ubiquity-firefox
I'm getting the same problem. I can't tell from the error console
which errors come from ubiquity, but here's what's there:

Error: previewBlock is null
Source File: chrome://ubiquity/content/sandboxfactory.js
Line: 1877

Error: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

(The second one shows up repeatedly -- perhaps because I tried to call
the commands repeatedly.)

On Nov 28, 1:20 pm, Matt Price <matt.pr...@utoronto.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 21:08 +0800, Abimanyu Raja wrote:
> > Hey Matt,
>
> > When the commands disappear, is it possible for you check the Error
> > Console (Tools -> Error console) and post the errors here?
>
> > Regardless of the exact error, I think the best way to solve such
> > command subscriptions is to move from using the annotation service to
> > our own sqlite database. I'm going to attempt to do that soon.
>
> hi abi,
>
> thanks for the quick response.  evolution has taken to auto-filtering
> new mailing lists to an undisclosed location, so i wasn't actually aware
> you'd responded till just now.  i'll try to catch the error in the
> console.
>
> thanks,
>
> matt
>

> > - Abi
>
> > 2008/11/26 Matt Price <matt.pr...@utoronto.ca>
>
> >         hi,
>
> >         i'm having a problem which also seems to be described in this
> >         bug:
> >        http://labs.toolness.com/trac/ticket/391
>
> >         this is on ubuntu intrepid, using the standard firefox 3.0.3
> >         packages.
> >         ubiquity is 0.1.2.  the error manifests this way:  when i
> >         start out, all
> >         the buil-in commands are available.  but then at some point
> >         during my
> >         first session, the built-in commands disappear, or anyway most
> >         of them,
> >         leaving me with only the self-installed commands along with
> >         command-list
> >         and one or t wo others.  i can only get the built-in commands
> >         back by
> >         uninstalling and then rreinstalling ubiquity.  just wondering
> >         if anyone
> >         else has seen this issue and/or whether folks have debugging
> >         ideas.
>
> >         thanks much!
>
> >         matt
>
> >         --
> >         Matt Price
> >         matt.pr...@utoronto.ca
>
> --
> Matt Price
> matt.pr...@utoronto.ca

Aza

Dec 3, 2008, 4:43:47 AM12/3/08
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Abimanyu Raja <abiman...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Matt,

When the commands disappear, is it possible for you check the Error Console (Tools -> Error console) and post the errors here?

Regardless of the exact error, I think the best way to solve such command subscriptions is to move from using the annotation service to our own sqlite database. I'm going to attempt to do that soon.

That sounds like a great idea.

-- aza | ɐzɐ --

Mayuresh Kadu

Dec 3, 2008, 8:12:20 AM12/3/08
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Or how about google gears? Not that I know much about it.

- Mayuresh
--
Mayuresh

Fernando Takai

Dec 3, 2008, 8:36:03 AM12/3/08
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
The problem with Google Gears is that we'll be stucked with another extension while with just pure sqlite - we're just stucked with Firefox =P
--
Fernando "Takai"
http://flickr.com/photos/supeertakai

Get Ubiquity: https://ubiquity.mozilla.com

natekar....@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 1:07:52 AM12/12/08
to ubiquity-firefox
Hi,

I am facing the same issue. In fact this is the first time that I have
tried using Ubiquity today.

I get this error -
Error: not well-formed
Source File: moz-nullprincipal:{b8a94bef-be4a-4878-ab30-c3be58ec1518}
Line: 204, Column: 1
Source Code:
<!-- fourofour_error_redirection_url="http://kolmic.com/?dn=
%&pid=2POTXD3A4&ndc=1" -->

Thanks,
Shreya

Abimanyu Raja

Dec 12, 2008, 8:36:46 AM12/12/08
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Ubiquity are you using? 0.1.2 or a 0.1.3 RC?