SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET 12 / 06 / 11

BOYD

Apr 7, 2011, 4:51:18 PM4/7/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET

We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011.  This will be
an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly.  In particular, we are
hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
will be welcome.

Details are as follows:

- Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25.  Exact details
will be sent to you when you register.  (We are only asking people to
register because we may need to manage numbers.)  The venue is within
walking distance of Ashtead Station.

- Parking:  Private and street parking is available.

- Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm

- Cost: Free

- Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify Martin from
www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk at mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk if you intend to come so that we can get an idea of numbers.

- Equipment: We are hoping you will bring as much of your unmanned
equipment as you can.  It will be much more interesting if everyone who
has an unmanned system can bring it along to show people and talk about
it, etc.

- Vendors: Depending on expected numbers we are hoping to have one or
two vendors at the event selling unmanned parts/kits/etc.  We will let
you know more about this later.

- Catering:  Soft drinks and sandwiches will be available. There will be
a nominal charge for these but only to cover costs (there is no
intention to make money from this event).  Please feel free to bring
your own food and drinks if you like (no alcohol please).

- Facilities: We will provide tables for you to display your gear and
there is mains electricity for charging, computers, etc.

- Flying:  People with a BMFA license will be allowed to fly although
because we don't know how many people to expect we will be holding the
event at a location which is suitable for small rotary craft only (i.e.
Quads & 450-sized helis).  However, if the event is a success we will
consider subsequent events with a larger venue and enough room to cater
for fixed wing aircraft too.

We look forward to meeting you :)

Nigel & Martin

BOYD

Apr 7, 2011, 5:12:35 PM4/7/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
I will be the first to confirm :) I hope to see a few more name on the list over the coming days!

Regards

Martin

ni...@fraserker.com

Apr 7, 2011, 7:03:35 PM4/7/11
to UAV UK Flyers
I expect I'll be there too :-)

Cheers,
Nigel

Gary

Apr 8, 2011, 8:05:01 AM4/8/11
to UAV UK Flyers
I will try to be there, you are flying to the south of Heathrow zone
of course??

http://goo.gl/maps/pNZD

handandy

Apr 8, 2011, 9:31:37 AM4/8/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Andy Shrimpton will be attending

I will bring my 3D and 2D camera with me to record the event with
still photos

On Apr 7, 9:51 pm, BOYD <mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk> wrote:
> *SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET*
>
> We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
> a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011.  This will be
> an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
> meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
> weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly.  In particular, we are
> hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
> ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
> will be welcome.
>
> Details are as follows:
>
> - Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25.  Exact details
> will be sent to you when you register.  (We are only asking people to
> register because we may need to manage numbers.)  The venue is within
> walking distance of Ashtead Station.
>
> - Parking:  Private and street parking is available.
>
> - Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm
>
> - Cost: Free
>
> - Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify
> Martin fromwww.buildyourowndrone.co.ukat mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk if
> you intend to come so that we can get an idea of numbers.
>
> - Equipment: We are hoping you will bring as much of your unmanned
> equipment as you can.  It will be much more interesting if everyone who
> has an unmanned system can bring it along to show people and talk about
> it, etc.
>
> - Vendors: Depending on expected numbers we are hoping to have one or
> two vendors at the event selling unmanned parts/kits/etc.  We will let
> you know more about this later.
>
> - Catering:  Soft drinks and sandwiches will be available. There will be
> a nominal charge for these but only to cover costs (there is no
> intention to make money from this event).  Please feel free to bring
> your own food and drinks if you like (no alcohol please).
>
> - Facilities: We will provide tables for you to display your gear and
> there is mains electricity for charging, computers, etc.
>
> - Flying:  People with a *BMFA license* will be allowed to fly although

Ritchie Wilson

Apr 9, 2011, 7:24:52 AM4/9/11
to UAV UK Flyers
No quad and 200 mile round trip :D probably not going.

Simon Denvers

Apr 9, 2011, 11:45:43 AM4/9/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Would love to come but afraid that weekend is no good for me.

Nigel

Apr 10, 2011, 6:42:26 AM4/10/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Dan will be bringing his Maxi Joker with a Carvec system along.

On Apr 7, 9:51 pm, BOYD <mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk> wrote:
> *SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET*
>
> We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
> a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011.  This will be
> an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
> meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
> weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly.  In particular, we are
> hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
> ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
> will be welcome.
>
> Details are as follows:
>
> - Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25.  Exact details
> will be sent to you when you register.  (We are only asking people to
> register because we may need to manage numbers.)  The venue is within
> walking distance of Ashtead Station.
>
> - Parking:  Private and street parking is available.
>
> - Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm
>
> - Cost: Free
>
> - Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify
> Martin fromwww.buildyourowndrone.co.ukat mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk if
> you intend to come so that we can get an idea of numbers.
>
> - Equipment: We are hoping you will bring as much of your unmanned
> equipment as you can.  It will be much more interesting if everyone who
> has an unmanned system can bring it along to show people and talk about
> it, etc.
>
> - Vendors: Depending on expected numbers we are hoping to have one or
> two vendors at the event selling unmanned parts/kits/etc.  We will let
> you know more about this later.
>
> - Catering:  Soft drinks and sandwiches will be available. There will be
> a nominal charge for these but only to cover costs (there is no
> intention to make money from this event).  Please feel free to bring
> your own food and drinks if you like (no alcohol please).
>
> - Facilities: We will provide tables for you to display your gear and
> there is mains electricity for charging, computers, etc.
>
> - Flying:  People with a *BMFA license* will be allowed to fly although

Jim

Apr 11, 2011, 9:45:18 AM4/11/11
to UAV UK Flyers, BOYD
I should be able to make it, I'll bring my APM twinstar. It would be
rude not to seeing as I'm only up the road in Molesey :)

Jim

On Apr 7, 9:51 pm, BOYD <mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk> wrote:
> *SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET*
>
> We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
> a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011.  This will be
> an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
> meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
> weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly.  In particular, we are
> hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
> ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
> will be welcome.
>
> Details are as follows:
>
> - Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25.  Exact details
> will be sent to you when you register.  (We are only asking people to
> register because we may need to manage numbers.)  The venue is within
> walking distance of Ashtead Station.
>
> - Parking:  Private and street parking is available.
>
> - Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm
>
> - Cost: Free
>
> - Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify
> Martin fromwww.buildyourowndrone.co.ukat mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk if
> you intend to come so that we can get an idea of numbers.
>
> - Equipment: We are hoping you will bring as much of your unmanned
> equipment as you can.  It will be much more interesting if everyone who
> has an unmanned system can bring it along to show people and talk about
> it, etc.
>
> - Vendors: Depending on expected numbers we are hoping to have one or
> two vendors at the event selling unmanned parts/kits/etc.  We will let
> you know more about this later.
>
> - Catering:  Soft drinks and sandwiches will be available. There will be
> a nominal charge for these but only to cover costs (there is no
> intention to make money from this event).  Please feel free to bring
> your own food and drinks if you like (no alcohol please).
>
> - Facilities: We will provide tables for you to display your gear and
> there is mains electricity for charging, computers, etc.
>
> - Flying:  People with a *BMFA license* will be allowed to fly although

Simon Wythe

Apr 13, 2011, 7:45:17 AM4/13/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Hi,

I'm very interested in this, so if it's OK I'd like to come along and
take a look. I've put the event in my diary and I hope to be able to
make it.

Cheers,

Simon (asomaro on rchelliadicts site)

Gav

Apr 13, 2011, 7:57:54 AM4/13/11
to UAV UK Flyers
looks interesting and will do my best to attend.

Aerial vid trying to catch a Parkzone Habu doing a Flyby over and
under the Quad::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQeIX-yHoqQ

mikeh...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2011, 6:57:01 AM4/15/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hi looking forward to meeting up with everyone, hopefully to pick everyones brains.

Mike

n3m1s1s_2004

May 18, 2011, 3:53:13 PM5/18/11
to UAV UK Flyers
yes please :) i will try to bring a few toys too

On Apr 7, 9:51 pm, BOYD <mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk> wrote:
> *SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET*
>
> We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
> a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011.  This will be
> an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
> meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
> weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly.  In particular, we are
> hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
> ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
> will be welcome.
>
> Details are as follows:
>
> - Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25.  Exact details
> will be sent to you when you register.  (We are only asking people to
> register because we may need to manage numbers.)  The venue is within
> walking distance of Ashtead Station.
>
> - Parking:  Private and street parking is available.
>
> - Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm
>
> - Cost: Free
>
> - Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify
> Martin fromwww.buildyourowndrone.co.ukat mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk if
> you intend to come so that we can get an idea of numbers.
>
> - Equipment: We are hoping you will bring as much of your unmanned
> equipment as you can.  It will be much more interesting if everyone who
> has an unmanned system can bring it along to show people and talk about
> it, etc.
>
> - Vendors: Depending on expected numbers we are hoping to have one or
> two vendors at the event selling unmanned parts/kits/etc.  We will let
> you know more about this later.
>
> - Catering:  Soft drinks and sandwiches will be available. There will be
> a nominal charge for these but only to cover costs (there is no
> intention to make money from this event).  Please feel free to bring
> your own food and drinks if you like (no alcohol please).
>
> - Facilities: We will provide tables for you to display your gear and
> there is mains electricity for charging, computers, etc.
>
> - Flying:  People with a *BMFA license* will be allowed to fly although

n3m1s1s_2004

May 18, 2011, 3:58:16 PM5/18/11
to UAV UK Flyers

yep im up for some o this ;) might bring a few toys too ;)

Nigel

May 19, 2011, 8:42:17 AM5/19/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Looks like we have examples of the X450 and X650 coming to the event!
A potential new Gaui distributer will be there too...

Nigel

May 19, 2011, 8:44:06 AM5/19/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Oh, and there will also be a GoPro HD video camera there too in case
you want to see one 'in the flesh'.

Gunter

May 23, 2011, 5:54:37 PM5/23/11
to UAV UK Flyers
I will be there as well. I have a Draganflyer X4 which has just gone
in for repairs, hopefully it will be back in time to bring along! If
not, I'll just come along to meet peeps and see the X650 :-)

On Apr 7, 9:51 pm, BOYD <mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk> wrote:
> *SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET*
>
> We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
> a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011.  This will be
> an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
> meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
> weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly.  In particular, we are
> hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
> ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
> will be welcome.
>
> Details are as follows:
>
> - Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25.  Exact details
> will be sent to you when you register.  (We are only asking people to
> register because we may need to manage numbers.)  The venue is within
> walking distance of Ashtead Station.
>
> - Parking:  Private and street parking is available.
>
> - Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm
>
> - Cost: Free
>
> - Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify
> Martin fromwww.buildyourowndrone.co.ukat mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk if
> you intend to come so that we can get an idea of numbers.
>
> - Equipment: We are hoping you will bring as much of your unmanned
> equipment as you can.  It will be much more interesting if everyone who
> has an unmanned system can bring it along to show people and talk about
> it, etc.
>
> - Vendors: Depending on expected numbers we are hoping to have one or
> two vendors at the event selling unmanned parts/kits/etc.  We will let
> you know more about this later.
>
> - Catering:  Soft drinks and sandwiches will be available. There will be
> a nominal charge for these but only to cover costs (there is no
> intention to make money from this event).  Please feel free to bring
> your own food and drinks if you like (no alcohol please).
>
> - Facilities: We will provide tables for you to display your gear and
> there is mains electricity for charging, computers, etc.
>
> - Flying:  People with a *BMFA license* will be allowed to fly although

jamie mckeen

May 24, 2011, 4:55:31 PM5/24/11
to UAV UK Flyers
I'll try and be there weather permitting :) I'll bring my KK quad,
hopefully with FPV bits installed by then...

Jamie

On May 23, 10:54 pm, Gunter <gun...@pibernik.co.uk> wrote:
> I will be there as well. I have a Draganflyer X4 which has just gone
> in for repairs, hopefully it will be back in time to bring along! If
> not, I'll just come along to meet peeps and see the X650 :-)
>
> On Apr 7, 9:51 pm, BOYD <mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > *SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET*
>
> > We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
> > a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011.  This will be
> > an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
> > meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
> > weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly.  In particular, we are
> > hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
> > ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
> > will be welcome.
>
> > Details are as follows:
>
> > - Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25.  Exact details
> > will be sent to you when you register.  (We are only asking people to
> > register because we may need to manage numbers.)  The venue is within
> > walking distance of Ashtead Station.
>
> > - Parking:  Private and street parking is available.
>
> > - Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm
>
> > - Cost: Free
>
> > - Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify
> > Martin fromwww.buildyourowndrone.co.ukatmar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk if

almighty dread

May 25, 2011, 4:40:17 AM5/25/11
to jamie....@googlemail.com, UAV Flyers
im hoping to come too and if everything is working and space permitting i will bring the following combos

gyros and helicommand tricopter

minsoo kim and helicommand quadcopter

multiwii quadcopter and tricopter

a hacked t580 quadcopter

some form of multi running pipo isu

some biggish quadcopter frames priced at £20 for rough cut £30 smooth cut ( rough cut i cut the frames by hand and they are a bit wonky lol but very strong smooth cut i had to go to a shop to get precut parts

maybe some tricopter frames too and i got a couple of premade multi wii combos (nunchuk and wii motion plus pre wired ready for arduino) and kk black boards v5.5

check me out on youtube

check me out on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/user/0n3m1s1s0

May 29, 2011, 7:06:48 AM5/29/11
to UAV UK Flyers

Definitely want to be there depending on if I get the day off, but 95%
certain I will be there.
Goda...@aol.com
William (Snoopw111)

Anthony Marsden

May 30, 2011, 5:15:27 AM5/30/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I will be coming along. very interested in see what you do.
Message has been deleted

BOYD

May 30, 2011, 9:04:45 AM5/30/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com

Hello to you all,

We have had a good number of people saying that they will be attending the Drone Zone meeting on the 12th of June. At the moment we have about 30 people attending on the day, I still have people requesting information every few days, so this might just grow a little bigger by the day!
Nigel & I will be sending out a conformation email to those who have registed an interest and have passed their details to me at mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk in the next day or two confirming the address, if you have not sent a mail to me at the address above to say you would like to come, it's not to late!! (and if you have sent a mail and have not had the address details in the next few days please let me know!)

john.hol...@gmail.com

May 30, 2011, 9:08:02 AM5/30/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Thinking of coming along with my skywalker /apm uav

Nigel

May 30, 2011, 11:52:29 AM5/30/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Hi John,

Really hope we see your Skywalker! Please do bring it along.

Cheers,
Nigel

BOYD

Jun 1, 2011, 2:26:07 AM6/1/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Good moring to you all :)

I have just sent the email confirming the address details for the Drone Zone meeting, if you have not had your e-mail then please do contact me to let me know!

I look forward to meeting you all there!

Regards

Martin.

Nigel

Jun 10, 2011, 9:05:31 AM6/10/11
to UAV UK Flyers
MESSAGE TO ALL PEOPLE BRINGING EQUIPMENT WITH THEM TO THE DRONE ZONE

If possible please try to arrive a little early so that you have time
to grab a table and display your equipment.

Nigel

Jun 10, 2011, 9:10:43 AM6/10/11
to UAV UK Flyers
MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ATTENDING THE DRONE ZONE

Super Raffle Prize - Complete KK Controller Setup!!

Thanks to Niall at http://www.kkmulticopter.com we will be raffling a
KK Controller board in aid of Help for Heroes. As extra prizes I will
donate a couple of TextStar servo signal monitors. If anyone else has
anything they's like to add into the raffle please let me know - it's
all in a good cause!

As planned we will be providing food and drinks at the event. We will
not be charging but donations will be accepted in aid of Help for
Heroes.

See you on Sunday!
Nigel

Nigel

Jun 10, 2011, 12:31:40 PM6/10/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Just to say that Drone Zone event will still go ahead even if the
(predicted) rain attempts to dampen the day. The venue is inside.

Word from Entry Control (Martin) is that we should get a very good
collection of aircraft so I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Nigel

Dave Medlock

Jun 10, 2011, 7:40:00 PM6/10/11
to UAV UK Flyers

Can some one please send me details.
I think that I registered but never got a reply

Nigel

Jun 11, 2011, 4:30:04 PM6/11/11
to UAV UK Flyers
PM sent

Jim

Jun 12, 2011, 2:05:11 AM6/12/11
to UAV UK Flyers, mar...@buildyourowndrone.co.uk
Hey guys. My apologies, but no matter how hard I wish otherwise, I've
got a family comitment that just isn't going to go away. I hope
everyone has a great day,and there are lots of pictures and video
taken. I'm already looking forward to the next one!
Jim

Dave Medlock

Jun 12, 2011, 2:38:12 PM6/12/11
to UAV UK Flyers

Just to say thanks today.
A very good and intersting turn out.
Learnt alot.

Look forward to the next one

Dave

aka "mudlark" on RC Groups and "mudlark44" on youtube

I was the guy with the small mad tricopter

goda...@aol.com

Jun 12, 2011, 6:28:22 PM6/12/11
to UAV UK Flyers
William Langevine (Snoop)

Thanks to everyone on making this day a good one , I'v learnt so much
more, cant wait for the next one, and good luck to everyone.

I was the guy with the quad name "Snoop"., and the helicopter that was
flying itself at the end.

Snoopw111 on utube

Thanks
William