Please share Twinstar option.h

viky

Jul 3, 2012, 12:21:33 AM7/3/12
to uavdevboard
Dear All,
I am preparing my twinstar with udb3 , i am bit confused about either
to use rudder or aileron or both for turning the bird in auto mode.
Can anyone please share the working option.h file for twinstar bird .

Peter Hollands

Jul 3, 2012, 2:02:08 AM7/3/12
to uavde...@googlegroups.com
HI Vikram

I enclose my last working options.h for my Twinstar 2.  (I have not flown it for 6 months).
That options.h was used with revision 1100 of the trunk software. So you can use the
PID values, but you probably cannot use the complete file.
You will also probably want to turn off the options  for the camera servos.
It was flown with a UDB3.

Best wishes, Pete

--

options.h

viky

Jul 3, 2012, 4:28:24 AM7/3/12
to uavdevboard
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the option file , i will test it and update
you all. Thanks a lot .

Regards
viky

On Jul 3, 11:02 am, Peter Hollands <peter.holla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Vikram
>
> I enclose my last working options.h for my Twinstar 2.
> <https://picasaweb.google.com/peter.hollands/Twinstar2Build>(I have not
>  options.h
> 47KViewDownload

viky

Jul 5, 2012, 4:57:17 AM7/5/12
to uavdevboard
Hi Peter,
Today I have flown my twinstar with your option
file gains today and it had flown very stable even in strong winds .
Thanks peter to help me out . Peter i would like to ask one more
question to you. Since you have very good experience with twinstar,
have you ever faced problem of one motor get off while flying
twinstar and it results in nose dive with rolls. Because it happened
with my bird today after flying i was about to land and suddenly one
motor got off but it was on safe height so i off the throttle and
landed it safely.

Regards
Vikram

On Jul 3, 11:02 am, Peter Hollands <peter.holla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Vikram
>
> I enclose my last working options.h for my Twinstar 2.
> <https://picasaweb.google.com/peter.hollands/Twinstar2Build>(I have not
>  options.h
> 47KViewDownload

Peter Hollands

Jul 5, 2012, 5:07:18 AM7/5/12
to uavde...@googlegroups.com
Vikram,

I have had a different and much more successful experience with engine failure.

One of my Twinstar engines (for people not familir, Twinstar engines are mounted on each wing), failed when my Twinstar was at maximum distance away from me while in Autonomous mode. The great news, was that MatrixPilot was still able to fly the Twinstar home around the waypoints route, on just one engine. The only result was that the Twinstar went passed the side of each waypoint rather than through the middle. I did not realise that the engine had failed until the Twinstar flew over the top of me on it's return from the Autonomous route. I then examined the logs afterewards to see how MatrixPilot had coped. It had done well.

That flight was a long time ago, and I may have had a different setup in my options.h for that flight.

By the way, I have had Twinstar2 planes for 3 years now. The stock brushed engines always fail eventually. The brushes go, even when you apply the correct capacitors across the main supply wires to reduce internal sparking. So I now convert my Twinstar to brushless engines, and these have not yet to be replaced. They are much more reliable (and incredibly powerful).

Best wishes, Pete