cookie based authentication

1 view

Edwin Khodabakchian

Aug 15, 2008, 2:28:46 PM8/15/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello,
Is there any plan in the short term to allow users to authenticate to
the API endpoints using the twitter auth cookie used by the twitter
UI? We are a browser extension and would like to avoid having to ask
and manage the username password. We would prefer leveraging twitters
authentication interface.
Thanks,
Edwin

Cameron Kaiser

Aug 15, 2008, 11:53:44 PM8/15/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

Wait for OAuth.

Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * cka...@floodgap.com
-- Vote anarchist! ------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Payne

Aug 17, 2008, 3:11:31 PM8/17/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. Cookie auth isn't the on the table, apologies.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x

till

Aug 21, 2008, 5:33:52 PM8/21/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Hey,

any idea as of when OAuth will be available again?

Thanks,
Till

On Aug 17, 3:11 pm, "Alex Payne" <a...@twitter.com> wrote:
> Indeed.  Cookie auth isn't the on the table, apologies.
>
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Cameron Kaiser <spec...@floodgap.com> wrote:
> (...)
> > Wait forOAuth.

Alex Payne

Aug 22, 2008, 1:05:10 PM8/22/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
It was never available in the first place. We should be providing it
later this year.

till

Sep 10, 2008, 6:00:03 AM9/10/08

On Aug 22, 1:05 pm, "Alex Payne" <a...@twitter.com> wrote:
> It was never available in the first place.

It did work at some time.

> We should be providing it
> later this year.

Any idea as of when that will be? ;) September, October, November?

Cheers,
Till

Alex Payne

Sep 10, 2008, 1:04:11 PM9/10/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Cookie-based authentication may have worked, but I should say it was
never *supported*. We're trying to put OAuth in place before the end
of the year. I'll try to expose our priority in the near future.