Testing 3rd party twitter application

Srinivas Chakravarty

Aug 20, 2010, 5:57:02 AM8/20/10
to Twitter Development Talk
hi,

I am developing a SNS application using Twitter REST API. But I am
unable to test my application.I don't have any application web-site
for registering my third party application.
Please tell me how to test my application with twitter.

regards,
Srinivas

Taylor Singletary

Aug 20, 2010, 10:58:53 AM8/20/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Srinivas,

I'm not sure if I understand your question well. Are you unable to register an application on dev.twitter.com because you don't have a URL to provide in the form?

Taylor

Srinivas Chakravarty

Aug 27, 2010, 5:56:24 AM8/27/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi Mr.Taylor,

Yes, I don't have any URL to provide.
Also I don't understand the use of providing it.
Kindly reply.

regards,
Srinivas

On Aug 20, 7:58 pm, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
wrote:
> Hi Srinivas,
>
> I'm not sure if I understand your question well. Are you unable to register
> an application on dev.twitter.com because you don't have a URL to provide in
> the form?
>
> Taylor
>
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Srinivas Chakravarty <

Taylor Singletary

Aug 27, 2010, 10:58:02 AM8/27/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
One use of providing an it is providing us information in exchange for giving you access to the API. It provides accountability for your application should anything go wrong (or right), and allows users to discover more about your application when they see a tweet with your app in the source tag. If you're at a loss for an URL to provide, consider a URL shortened link to your Twitter profile or another profile of you or your company online.

Taylor

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk?hl=en