Apologies, but...

Alex Payne

Oct 5, 2007, 10:58:46 PM10/5/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
We've had to take some quick measures to alleviate serious database
pain, including disabling pagination back on the friends_timeline
method and ordering some responses by screen_name. I hope to
reinstate pagination for that method in the near future, but you may
have to do client-side ordering for friends and followers methods.

Sincere apologies for the unexpected changes. It's been a very
frustrating week, database-wise.

--
Alex Payne
http://twitter.com/al3x

Cameron Kaiser

Oct 5, 2007, 11:00:56 PM10/5/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
> Sincere apologies for the unexpected changes. It's been a very
> frustrating week, database-wise.

Bummer. Still, a limited Twitter is better than no Twitter at all. :)

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.

Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * cka...@floodgap.com
-- Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. -- 1 Corinthians 8:1 ---------------

Jay Allen

Oct 6, 2007, 1:06:41 PM10/6/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I'm gonna guess they call those "growing pains". They're to be
expected. They won't be your last. Hang in there...

Jay Allen
Application Architect, Textura Design
j...@texturadesign.com

Jonathan Snook

Oct 6, 2007, 8:53:51 PM10/6/07
to Twitter Development Talk
> > Sincere apologies for the unexpected changes. It's been a very
> > frustrating week, database-wise.

The fact that people have stuck it out through the various problems
has shown that there is a demand for Twitter and the platform it
offers.