J2ME OAUTH token for Twitter

Amid Lad

Sep 6, 2010, 3:14:54 AM9/6/10
to Twitter Development Talk
I've been transitioning our basic authentication calls over to OAuth.
I'm using the j2me OAUTH library(for mobile). All of the
authentication calls
are working and I receive proper responses from GET requests.

But the problem is with access token. What I have to do is to pass the
url and get the
pin number and need to pass the pin number to get the access.

How can I avoid this process and directly get the pin response from
server and use it get the
twitter access?

What is the url to get the pin response?

Thanks in advance.

Taylor Singletary

Sep 6, 2010, 6:23:14 PM9/6/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
It's forbidden to automate the OAuth flow such that you attempt
scarping the PIN code from the resultant page.

If your application is capable of receiving URL-based callback, you'll
want to preconfigure a default callback on dev.twitter.com (which
indicates that your app is capable of receiving a callback) and
provide an explicit callback on the request token step. When the user
is sent to your callback, an oauth_verifier (PIN) will be included
with the other relevant oauth_* parameters.

If your application is incapable of receiving an URL-based callback,
you need to present a UI for the user to hand-enter the PIN
code/oauth_verifier, and then use that value to complete the flow
after sending the user through the authorization steps.

Taylor

> --
> Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk?hl=en

Amid Lad

Sep 8, 2010, 1:56:34 AM9/8/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Thanks Tayalor

But I am developing a twitter app for mobile (j2me)

should i get request token everytime user want to login ?
should user enter pin code everytime ?
should i get access token everytime ?

isn't there is any other way rather than providing the pin user should
directly login...

Amit Lad

On Sep 7, 3:23 am, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
wrote:
> It's forbidden to automate the OAuth flow such that you attempt
> scarping the PIN code from the resultant page.
>
> If your application is capable of receiving URL-based callback, you'll
> want to preconfigure a default callback on dev.twitter.com (which
> indicates that your app is capable of receiving a callback) and
> provide an explicit callback on the request token step. When the user
> is sent to your callback, an oauth_verifier (PIN) will be included
> with the other relevant oauth_* parameters.
>
> If your application is incapable of receiving an URL-based callback,
> you need to present a UI for the user to hand-enter the PIN
> code/oauth_verifier, and then use that value to complete the flow
> after sending the user through the authorization steps.
>
> Taylor

Ernandes Jr.

Sep 8, 2010, 10:09:13 AM9/8/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Amid

Do you know Twitter API ME (www.twapime.com)? This is a complete mobile Java API that already supports xAuth. Even if you do not want to use it, you can at least check its source code so you can find a solution for you problem.

In addition, here it goes a link that explaing how you have to perform to get authenticated to Twitter, using OAuth, from your Java ME application: http://dev.twitter.com/pages/xauth

Regards,
Ernandes
--