Another request for guessable profile images

Nick Bradbury

Dec 29, 2008, 11:50:30 AM12/29/08
to Twitter Development Talk
I'm working on improving how FeedDemon displays Twitter status feeds
(see http://flickr.com/photos/nbradbury/3145437586/ ), and I'd like to
show a user's profile image next to their tweet. I see that this is
available in the Atom version of the status feed but not the RSS
version.

I thought I could simply determine the profile image URL from the
username, but apparently not - so I'll cast another vote for guessable
profile images.

I realize I could get the image by using the REST API to retrieve the
user's timeline, but that seems like a lot of extra work (both for me
and your servers) just to get the user's image.

Thanks!

Alex Payne

Dec 29, 2008, 12:38:39 PM12/29/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com