@replies missing

Naveen Ayyagari

Jul 4, 2010, 4:16:41 PM7/4/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello,
Hoping we can get post on status.twitter.com about @replies not
showing up... We have been getting a lot of reports that they are
missing, and a quick twitter search seems to indicate it is not
limited to our application.

http://search.twitter.com/search?had_popular=true&q=replies&result_type=recent

John Kalucki

Jul 4, 2010, 4:25:24 PM7/4/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
The mentions timelines were updating with additional latency, perhaps a few minutes, for about a day, but they were updating. They should be updating in near real time now.

-John Kalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.

Mike Champion

Jul 4, 2010, 9:25:43 PM7/4/10
to Twitter Development Talk
I can see at least 1 missing tweet from my mentions list (at 9:20pm
EDT 7/4/2010)

This tweet: http://twitter.com/RodBegbie/status/17703020160

http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/show.json?id=17703020160

doesn't appear in my mentions (permalink to my mentions via twitter
hurl, but requires login. Is there a better permalink to send?):

http://bit.ly/c79poT

The tweet was sent ~20 hours ago, and doesn't appear in the mentions,
even though newer mentions do.

-mike

On Jul 4, 4:25 pm, John Kalucki <j...@twitter.com> wrote:
> The mentions timelines were updating with additional latency, perhaps a few
> minutes, for about a day, but they were updating. They should be updating in
> near real time now.
>
> -John Kaluckihttp://twitter.com/jkalucki
> Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.
>
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Naveen Ayyagari
> <nav...@getsocialscope.com>wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >    Hoping  we can get post on status.twitter.com about @replies not
> > showing up... We have been getting a lot of reports that they are
> > missing, and a quick twitter search seems to indicate it is not
> > limited to our application.
>
> >http://search.twitter.com/search?had_popular=true&q=replies&result_ty...

John Kalucki

Jul 4, 2010, 9:42:41 PM7/4/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I don't have all the details, but there was at least one deploy today around this issue. Any reports of missing mentions from tweets sent after about say 23:00 UTC (4pm PDT) ?

-John Kalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.

Naveen Ayyagari

Jul 5, 2010, 4:43:01 AM7/5/10
to Twitter Development Talk
John it seems to me that people still may be having some issues with
@replies right now long after 2300UTC.. I have not specifically seen
any reports for us, but its late and I assume they will start up again
in the morning if there are still issues.

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=replies

Some samples from the past 10 minutes, missing replies, no replies,
replies from 2009 only...:

http://twitter.com/cenkbaban/statuses/17777104103
http://twitter.com/mindcaster/statuses/17777223601
http://twitter.com/phoenixemk/statuses/17777163872
http://twitter.com/ak_hepcat/statuses/17777163458
http://twitter.com/fredfiigglehorn/statuses/17777065440
http://twitter.com/happyBeSacky/statuses/17777057244
http://twitter.com/dcorsetto/statuses/17776966516

--Naveen

On Jul 4, 9:42 pm, John Kalucki <j...@twitter.com> wrote:
> I don't have all the details, but there was at least one deploy today around
> this issue. Any reports of missing mentions from tweets sent after about say
> 23:00 UTC (4pm PDT) ?
>
> -John Kaluckihttp://twitter.com/jkalucki
> Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.

Brad

Jul 4, 2010, 4:37:11 PM7/4/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hey John -

Thanks for the update, though it appears that it's not only a matter
of latency. Some users are reporting that their replies are missing
entirely.

On Jul 4, 3:25 pm, John Kalucki <j...@twitter.com> wrote:
> The mentions timelines were updating with additional latency, perhaps a few
> minutes, for about a day, but they were updating. They should be updating in
> near real time now.
>
> -John Kaluckihttp://twitter.com/jkalucki
> Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.
>
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Naveen Ayyagari
> <nav...@getsocialscope.com>wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >    Hoping  we can get post on status.twitter.com about @replies not
> > showing up... We have been getting a lot of reports that they are
> > missing, and a quick twitter search seems to indicate it is not
> > limited to our application.
>
> >http://search.twitter.com/search?had_popular=true&q=replies&result_ty...

jamescrowley

Jul 5, 2010, 11:03:07 AM7/5/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi guys - my replies are missing too on two of my accounts
(@jamescrowley and @thetecheye).

Got one reply 16h ago, the next one 10 days ago, and the one after
that 141 days ago.

They appear in the search results though :) http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%40jamescrowley

What's up?