[twitter-api-announce] countdown to OAuth / basic auth removal / OAuthcalypse

Raffi Krikorian

Apr 24, 2010, 11:40:19 AM4/24/10
to twitter-ap...@googlegroups.com, twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
hi all.

you're going to be hearing a lot from me over the next 9 weeks.  our plan is to turn off basic authorization on the API by june 30, 2010 -- developers will have to switch over to OAuth by that time.  between now and then, there will be a lot of information coming along with tips on how to use OAuth Echo, xAuth, etc.  we really want to make this transition as easy as we can for everybody.

as always, please feel free to reach out to this group, or to @twitterapi directly.  if you need help remembering the date - http://bit.ly/twcountdown.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team

--
Twitter API documentation and resources: http://apiwiki.twitter.com
Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-api-announce?hl=en

Raffi Krikorian

Apr 24, 2010, 11:42:37 AM4/24/10
to twitter-ap...@googlegroups.com, twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
sorry!  i was just reminded about a point of clarification - streaming API will still support basic auth.  this note only pertains to the REST API.