First alpha release of libturpial

Wil Alvarez

Mar 17, 2012, 1:45:42 PM3/17/12
to turpi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

As you know, tomorrow is the alpha release of Turpial 2.0 and one of it main components is libturpial. For this reason I have released today the stable version of this library in it version 0.8.5 with the main features to work with the version 1.9.1 of Turpial.

Maybe you're wondering why I have decided to release this version without previous beta (or alpha) releases and the reason is quite simple. This library have been under heavy testing from the beggining and due to the proximity with the alpha release deadline I considered that it's not necessary more testing. Currently, there are other projects based on libturpial in production and everything is working fine. However, next releases should be synchronized with Turpial and tested as we are used to.

Additionally, I want to encourage to all package maintainers to start working on this new component in order to people can have libturpial available in their preferred repositories as soon as possible.

You can find the pristine tarball in our files repository [1] and the source code in github repository [2].

Thanks to all people that have been working to make this possible.

Best Regards

--
“Yo construyo Soberanía, uso Software Libre”
Wil A. Alvarez

Efrain J. Valles

Mar 17, 2012, 4:46:01 PM3/17/12
to turpi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Wil,

Been quite busy myself. I will take a look at the posibility of
packaging this weekend. Hope this find you well.

Thanks for your hard work.