Cherrypy mount point

Kalium

Feb 24, 2011, 10:19:21 PM2/24/11
to TurboGears
Hi, I was looking at the Cherrypy 2.2 docs, and the suggest that
instead of:
cherrypy.root = root

we should be using:
cherrypy.tree.mount(root,conf=config)

I looked at TG1.08, TG1.1, TG2.0, none of them seem to do this.
It would seem to make it much easier to change mount points when
running from cherrypy.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks

Christoph Zwerschke

Feb 25, 2011, 6:29:02 AM2/25/11
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
Am 25.02.2011 04:19 schrieb Kalium:
> Hi, I was looking at the Cherrypy 2.2 docs, and the suggest that
> instead of:
> cherrypy.root = root
>
> we should be using:
> cherrypy.tree.mount(root,conf=config)
>
> I looked at TG1.08, TG1.1, TG2.0, none of them seem to do this.

TG2.x is not using CherryPy, so it does not apply here.

In the TG 1.x branch development happens primarily in TG 1.5, which is
already using cherrypy.tree.mount.

I have created ticket #2549 to get this also back into TG 1.1 if it does
not create backward compatibility issues.

TG1.08 is not recommended any more and only gets very serious bug and
security fixes.

-- Christoph

Kalium

Mar 8, 2011, 1:52:58 AM3/8/11
to TurboGears
Actually It seems that using cherrypy.tree.mount with TG 1.08
breaks a lot of things. I was able to hack cherrypy up to get it to
work
for me, but I think there still might be a couple of oddities.

Can anyone confirm if using cherrypoint.tree.mount with a non root
mount_point
works for any version of TG1.x ?

Sorry, stil can't access the ticket