New modules in 2.4

Cédric Krier

May 13, 2012, 5:28:00 PM5/13/12
to tryton
Hi,

I just pushed those modules in 2.4:

account_fr, production, stock_supply_production, stock_lot and
stock_split

They are available under http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules (not yet
nested in trytond as they are not yet released).

@translators please translate them, I have setup access right for them.
@others please test them again and report any issue.

The release date is planned for 4th June.

Thanks,
--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Jordi Esteve

May 30, 2012, 12:35:51 PM5/30/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
Al 13/05/12 23:28, En/na Cédric Krier ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> I just pushed those modules in 2.4:
>
> account_fr, production, stock_supply_production, stock_lot and
> stock_split
>
> They are available under http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules (not yet
> nested in trytond as they are not yet released).
>
> @translators please translate them, I have setup access right for them.
> @others please test them again and report any issue.
>
> The release date is planned for 4th June.

1) How can the translations leaders push the translations of these new
modules?

For example, for stock_lot module:

pushing to http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules/stock_lot
searching for changes
remote: ssl required

and changing .hg/hgrc to ssh repositories it doesn't find them. I have
tried:

default = ssh://hg.tryton.org/trytond/trytond/modules/stock_lot

default = ssh://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules/stock_lot

2) The locale folder to put the .po translations is not created. We must
create them? Maybe we don't have permissions to do that.

Jordi

--
Jordi Esteve
Consultor Zikzakmedia SL

Zikzakmedia SL
Dr. Fleming, 28, baixos
08720 Vilafranca del Penedès
Tèl 93 890 2108

Cédric Krier

May 30, 2012, 12:42:49 PM5/30/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 30/05/12 18:35 +0200, Jordi Esteve wrote:
> Al 13/05/12 23:28, En/na Cédric Krier ha escrit:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I just pushed those modules in 2.4:
> >
> > account_fr, production, stock_supply_production, stock_lot and
> > stock_split
> >
> >They are available under http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules (not yet
> >nested in trytond as they are not yet released).
> >
> >@translators please translate them, I have setup access right for them.
> >@others please test them again and report any issue.
> >
> >The release date is planned for 4th June.
> >

> 1) How can the translations leaders push the translations of these
> new modules?
>
> For example, for stock_lot module:
>
> pushing to http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules/stock_lot
> searching for changes
> remote: ssl required
>
> and changing .hg/hgrc to ssh repositories it doesn't find them. I
> have tried:
>
> default = ssh://hg.tryton.org/trytond/trytond/modules/stock_lot
>
> default = ssh://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules/stock_lot

It is: ssh://hg.tryton.org//home/hg/2.4/modules/stock_lot like others.

Jordi Esteve

May 30, 2012, 1:20:58 PM5/30/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
2012/5/30 Cédric Krier <cedric...@b2ck.com>:
> On 30/05/12 18:35 +0200, Jordi Esteve wrote:
>> Al 13/05/12 23:28, En/na Cédric Krier ha escrit:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I just pushed those modules in 2.4:
>> >
>> >     account_fr, production, stock_supply_production, stock_lot and
>> >     stock_split
>> >
>> >They are available under http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules (not yet
>> >nested in trytond as they are not yet released).
>> >
>> >@translators please translate them, I have setup access right for them.
>> >@others please test them again and report any issue.
>> >
>> >The release date is planned for 4th June.
>> >

>> 1) How can the translations leaders push the translations of these
>> new modules?
>>
>> For example, for stock_lot module:
>>
>> pushing to http://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules/stock_lot
>> searching for changes
>> remote: ssl required
>>
>> and changing .hg/hgrc to ssh repositories it doesn't find them. I
>> have tried:
>>
>> default = ssh://hg.tryton.org/trytond/trytond/modules/stock_lot
>>
>> default = ssh://hg.tryton.org/2.4/modules/stock_lot
>
> It is: ssh://hg.tryton.org//home/hg/2.4/modules/stock_lot like others.

It doesn't work:

pushing to ssh://hg.tryton.org//home/hg/2.4/modules/stock_lot
remote: Illegal repository '/home/hg/2.4/modules/stock_lot'
abort: no suitable response from remote hg!

My second question was:

Cédric Krier

May 30, 2012, 4:51:30 PM5/30/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 30/05/12 19:20 +0200, Jordi Esteve wrote:
> It doesn't work:
>
> pushing to ssh://hg.tryton.org//home/hg/2.4/modules/stock_lot
> remote: Illegal repository '/home/hg/2.4/modules/stock_lot'
> abort: no suitable response from remote hg!

It should be fixed.

> My second question was:
>
> 2) The locale folder to put the .po translations is not created. We
> must create them? Maybe we don't have permissions to do that.

Mercurial doesn't track repositories.

Udo Spallek

Jun 25, 2012, 5:16:06 AM6/25/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sun, 13 May 2012 23:28:00 +0200
Cédric Krier <cedric...@b2ck.com>:
> I just pushed those modules in 2.4:
> account_fr, production, stock_supply_production, stock_lot and
> stock_split
yesterday I found some time to play with the stock_lot module. IMHO
general design is simple and good.

I test the scenario of making the lot required, when a product is
delivered to a customer. So I create a sale and assign the
products in shipment. The product has a lot required for location type
'customer'. On pack the shipment from OUT location to
customer I get the expected message, that the product needs a lot
number to proceed the workflow to state done. After entering the lot
number, the workflow proceeds to state done. This use case works good
for me.

But I do not understand, why stock.lot.type is connected to
location.type instead of the more explicit locations?

Regards
Udo Spallek
--
_____________________________
virtual things

Windeckstr. 77
81375 München
Tel: +49 (89) 710 481 55
Fax: +49 (89) 710 481 56

in...@virtual-things.biz
http://www.virtual-things.biz
signature.asc

Cédric Krier

Jun 25, 2012, 7:10:16 AM6/25/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 25/06/12 11:16 +0200, Udo Spallek wrote:
> But I do not understand, why stock.lot.type is connected to
> location.type instead of the more explicit locations?

Because we don't have a SelectionMulti fields.
Also we don't want to have to add every new location created to the
configuration.

Udo Spallek

Jun 27, 2012, 1:36:18 PM6/27/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:10:16 +0200
Cédric Krier <cedric...@b2ck.com>:
> On 25/06/12 11:16 +0200, Udo Spallek wrote:
> > But I do not understand, why stock.lot.type is connected to
> > location.type instead of the more explicit locations?
> Because we don't have a SelectionMulti fields.
I don't understand. Why we would need such a field and how will it
be used and how does it looks like?

> Also we don't want to have to add every new location created to the
> configuration.
What is the problem with this?

For me stock.lot.type model looks very restrictive and hard to
extend.

Cheers
Udo
signature.asc

Cédric Krier

Jun 27, 2012, 2:04:55 PM6/27/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 27/06/12 19:36 +0200, Udo Spallek wrote:
> Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:10:16 +0200
> Cédric Krier <cedric...@b2ck.com>:
> > On 25/06/12 11:16 +0200, Udo Spallek wrote:
> > > But I do not understand, why stock.lot.type is connected to
> > > location.type instead of the more explicit locations?
> > Because we don't have a SelectionMulti fields.
> I don't understand. Why we would need such a field and how will it
> be used and how does it looks like?

Because the stock.lot.type are just a copy of the location type.
But it was needed to store them in a table to allow multi-selection;

> > Also we don't want to have to add every new location created to the
> > configuration.
> What is the problem with this?

It doesn't scale if you have thousand of locations.

> For me stock.lot.type model looks very restrictive and hard to
> extend.

I don't see why. For now it follow the same concept as the location.
After that it is still possible to extend it by overriding
Product.lot_is_required

Udo Spallek

Jun 27, 2012, 2:21:40 PM6/27/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:04:55 +0200
Cédric Krier <cedric...@b2ck.com>:
> On 27/06/12 19:36 +0200, Udo Spallek wrote:
> > Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:10:16 +0200
> > Cédric Krier <cedric...@b2ck.com>:
> > > On 25/06/12 11:16 +0200, Udo Spallek wrote:
> > > Also we don't want to have to add every new location created to
> > > the configuration.
> > What is the problem with this?
> It doesn't scale if you have thousand of locations.
For me there is no need to put all existing or new locations to the
configuration.

> > For me stock.lot.type model looks very restrictive and hard to
> > extend.
> I don't see why. For now it follow the same concept as the location.
> After that it is still possible to extend it by overriding
> Product.lot_is_required
It would be much more flexible when stock.lot.type is a table,
which stores lines of lot types to apply:

class LotType(ModelSQL, ModelView):
"Stock Lot Type"
_name = 'stock.lot.type'
_description = __doc__

location_type = fields.Many2One('stock.location.type',
'Location Type', states={
'required': True,
})

LotType()

class StockLocationType(ModelSQL, ModelView):
"Stock Location Type"
_name = 'stock.location.type'
_description = __doc__

name = fields.Char('Name', required=True, translate=True)
code = fields.Char('Code', required=True)

StockLocationType()

This kind of lot type has only a selection of a stock location type.
This would make the model much more flexible, because it is possible to
extend it with other criteria then the location type. E.g. one can add
another many2one to stock location.
signature.asc

Cédric Krier

Jun 27, 2012, 3:07:52 PM6/27/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
It is the same except that your design is more complicated.
Nothing prevent you to create LotType that are not linked to location.

Cédric Krier

Jun 27, 2012, 3:29:49 PM6/27/12
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
By the way, the current LotType.code is just like your
LotType.location_type