RE: plan for growth

Gilly Messing

Sep 24, 2009, 9:12:53 AM9/24/09
to teres...@themosaicplace.co.uk, paul.rut...@stikibak.co.uk, a...@asacunniff.com, vru...@googlemail.com, transition...@googlegroups.com, in...@kirkwood4homes.co.uk, christin...@talktalk.net
Dear All
I am relieved to read Vinnie's email ............ I too was worried by the minutes:

(a) £10/hr seems high rate of pay for planting seeds - we only have £70 in the bank and won't be getting much income for a long time

(b) having chickens is a big responsibility and commitment - security (from foxes), letting them in/out, feed/supplements, parasite control

(c) Fifield is a long way for many local Maidonians to collect veg or volunteer digging

(d) I personally would feel very unhappy to set up a standing order knowing I would not get anything for it for the first 3 months, and would not expect my friends to do so

Sorry, I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, I just feel that I have to express my concerns ....... it's very different from the original plan of growing veg next to North Town Moor!

See you next week
Gilly

Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:49:12 +0100
Subject: Fwd: plan for growth
From: vru...@googlemail.com
To: gillym...@hotmail.co.uk

Sep 24, 2009, 12:02:40 PM9/24/09
to Gilly Messing, teres...@themosaicplace.co.uk, paul.rut...@stikibak.co.uk, a...@asacunniff.com, vru...@googlemail.com, transition...@googlegroups.com, christin...@talktalk.net

Dear All

Thanks for the updates on CSA, I am sorry but I am completely snowed under with LIFE (daughter and A levels, son and his GCSE’s) work etc. etc and cannot get to meetings at present so best take me off any future minutes.

If and when life settles down, I will be in touch. Obviously, if you ever need any urgent help with PR, always ring incase I can help!

Kind regards

Suzy

Emily Tomalin

Oct 1, 2009, 9:01:08 AM10/1/09
to transition...@googlegroups.com, teres...@themosaicplace.co.uk, paul.rut...@stikibak.co.uk, a...@asacunniff.com, vru...@googlemail.com, in...@kirkwood4homes.co.uk, christin...@talktalk.net
Dear friends,

I have free time and children with me this weekend.

Meet at my house on Saturday, 10-10.30am, bring bags, we will saunter
around Cookham and fill our bags with apples (eg. the station car park
has a tree!)

We will bag them up and sell them at Maidenhead Farmers Market on
Sunday, proceeds to TTM and the recent earthquake disaster appeal.

I love the Transition Towns Idea of the wealth to be found on the
edges. Imagine if all car parks had fruit trees!!

Send me an email or just turn up on Saturday, 147 Whyteladyes Lane,
Cookham Rise. Bring friends if you want. There is a scruffy but fruit
full pear tree in my front garden.

Best wishes,

Emily Tomalin.

emilytomalin.vcf

Joanna Wheatley

Oct 6, 2009, 11:28:04 AM10/6/09
to transition...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Sorry bit late to join in on this one but would like you to know I have an orchard burgoening with Bramleys, Bleinhams, golden delicous the size of footballs the other tree has little ones, granny smiths, russets and coxs, plus a grape vine with no exageration about 5cwt of almost ripe fruit, a chap used to make wine from it and win prizes but now lives in Italy so if you know anyone who would like any of this they just need to come to the farm and pick it. The grapes are also suitable as dessert or juicing.
Joanna

> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:01:08 +0100
> From: emilyt...@talktalk.net
> To: transition...@googlegroups.com
> CC: teres...@themosaicplace.co.uk; paul.rut...@stikibak.co.uk; a...@asacunniff.com; vru...@googlemail.com; in...@kirkwood4homes.co.uk; christin...@talktalk.net
> Subject: [Transition Maidenhead] Re: Cookham apples - an impromptu family event

Ngaire Takano

Oct 6, 2009, 3:10:21 PM10/6/09
to transition...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joanna

Where are you located? Would love to pick some grapes and some apples...

Yours

Ngaire

Joanna Wheatley

Oct 9, 2009, 7:40:38 AM10/9/09
to transition...@googlegroups.com
I am at Long Lane Farm in Touchen End please call 07979558828 for time to come