removing own events from timeline view

Olaf Meeuwissen

Oct 30, 2008, 10:57:57 PM10/30/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I do the bulk of the work on a project so obviously most of the events
in the timeline view are my own and events of other people drown in my
noise. How would I only see other people's events in the timeline?

Thanks in advance,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962 Help support software freedom

Christian Boos

Oct 31, 2008, 4:14:44 AM10/31/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> I do the bulk of the work on a project so obviously most of the events
> in the timeline view are my own and events of other people drown in my
> noise. How would I only see other people's events in the timeline?
0.12 introduces a user filter in the timeline.
I already thought about the feature you requested and think we could
extend this filter by accepting a list of users, and the possibility to
reject them.

Examples on Trac:
- show me the changes done by Odd Simon and Remy: osimons rblank
- show me the changes ''not'' done by me: -cboos

In the future, it would be good to accept group names there as well.

-- Christian

Erik Bray

Oct 31, 2008, 11:57:19 AM10/31/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Ooh, group names. I like that idea--no idea why I didn't think of it
before. I should work on a patch for that at some point.

Olaf Meeuwissen

Nov 3, 2008, 6:35:33 PM11/3/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Christian Boos <cb...@neuf.fr> writes:

Cool, but from your reply I understand that there is currently no way
to achieve what I want.

BTW, a number of other query constructs use ! for negation already and
you may need to be careful about user names with special characters
such as space and - (don't know what is currenty allowed, though).

Hope this helps,

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

Nov 5, 2008, 4:33:02 AM11/5/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
-On [20081104 00:36], Olaf Meeuwissen (olaf.me...@avasys.jp) wrote:
>Cool, but from your reply I understand that there is currently no way
>to achieve what I want.

Not in 0.11.x, no.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Don't let your curiosity take you beyond the world where you belong...