trac (and clearsilver) on python 2.5

Johannes Erdfelt

Nov 7, 2006, 4:26:26 PM11/7/06
to trac-...@groups.google.com
I saw some posts in the archives for the same problem I ran into, so I
figured I'd forward a patch off that fixes the problem in clearsilver
that causes it to segfault on python 2.5

It probably could use a cleanup, but it works for me atleas.t

That patch was originally developed against 0.10.1 that I had installed,
but it works fine with 0.10.3 now that I've upgraded to it.

JE

clearsilver-0.10.1-python25-fixes.patch

Christopher Lenz

Nov 7, 2006, 5:40:43 PM11/7/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Have you tried submitting the patch to the ClearSilver project? Would
be nice if they fixed their Python 2.5 support :-P

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
cmlenz at gmx.de
http://www.cmlenz.net/

Johannes Erdfelt

Nov 7, 2006, 11:32:44 PM11/7/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006, Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 07.11.2006 um 22:26 schrieb Johannes Erdfelt:
> > I saw some posts in the archives for the same problem I ran into, so I
> > figured I'd forward a patch off that fixes the problem in clearsilver
> > that causes it to segfault on python 2.5
> >
> > It probably could use a cleanup, but it works for me atleas.t
> >
> > That patch was originally developed against 0.10.1 that I had
> > installed,
> > but it works fine with 0.10.3 now that I've upgraded to it.
>
> Have you tried submitting the patch to the ClearSilver project? Would
> be nice if they fixed their Python 2.5 support :-P

Not yet. It wasn't obvious where a patch should go to and I'd like to
clean up the patch formatting a little bit before I did.

I only sent it here for those people lookint to get clearsilver working
under Python 2.5

JE

Manuzhai

Nov 8, 2006, 7:35:08 AM11/8/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/8/06, Johannes Erdfelt <joha...@erdfelt.com> wrote:
> Not yet. It wasn't obvious where a patch should go to and I'd like to
> clean up the patch formatting a little bit before I did.

Well, you should probably send it there and see if Brandon Long can
take it (he's the primary ClearSilver developer, from what I gather).
Would be great if it got fixed!

Regards,

Manuzhai