ClearSilver crashes Python 2.5

Manuzhai

Sep 17, 2006, 6:37:14 AM9/17/06
to trac...@googlegroups.com
[Resending, since it seems this didn't come through.]

Hello there,

Just a heads up: ClearSilver crashes Python 2.5. I've been running a
Python community buildbot testing pysqlite and Trac on Python 2.5 (as
well as trunk). You can see the results at
http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/community/all/. Somewhere in the
Trac tests there is something that crashes Python, and I *think* it's
ClearSilver (since neo_cgi.so is right there at the top of the
backtrace). The ClearSilver developer is on vacation, though, so it
probably won't be fixed for a couple of weeks. Just stay with Python
2.4 a little longer (or, possibly, dive into the clearsilver source
and see what the problem is).

Regards,

Manuzhai

Christian Boos

Sep 17, 2006, 7:00:02 AM9/17/06
to trac...@googlegroups.com

I've seen it, but personally this just comforted me with the switch
we're making to Genshi.
I don't think it's pertinent for us to invest time into debugging the
internals of Clearsilver,
as we're no longer committed to this library in the long run.

-- Christian