Preparing 0.10.5 (0.10-final)

Christian Boos

May 13, 2008, 12:21:34 PM5/13/08
to Trac Development
Hello,

0.10 ''Zengia'' had an interesting life, and after a few shaky first
releases, 0.10.4 has been pretty solid.
However, there are quite a few outstanding bugs that have been fixed
since 0.10.4, in the 0.10-stable branch and I think lots of people are
also using that 0.10.5dev "version". Also, I think there will still be
people installing 0.10.4 who will face the bugs that have already been
fixed (see http://trac.edgewall.org/milestone/0.10.5 for details). If
for whatever reason they can't and won't upgrade to 0.11, I think it'll
be neater if our "last word" on the 0.10 topic could be 0.10.5 rather
than 0.10.5dev.

Of course, before making such a release, we have to be sure that 0.10.5
is actually stable and introduces no regressions. One such last glitch
has been fixed today, by making the behavior of 0.10.5 consistent with
0.10.4 and 0.11, w.r.t. using base_url for the redirections (see
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5064#comment:32 for details).

With that change in, my personal feeling is that it is good to go. As I
doubt many Trac developers are still using 0.10.5dev those days, I'd
like to make a broad call for help and ask anyone still using 0.10.4 or
an older 0.10.5dev to upgrade to 0.10-stable at r7062 and test it.

If we have some positive feedback, we could release 0.10.5 shortly after
0.11. If not, well, no big deal, it'll be 0.10.5dev forever ;-)

-- Christian