disabled "load putty key"

Dietmar Müller

Jun 29, 2010, 4:36:19 AM6/29/10
to tortoisegit-users
Hi,

I have installed as Administrator : TortoiseGit 1.5.2.0, git version
1.7.0.2.msysgit.0
and when I want clone a repos as non Admin user I don't get the "load
putty key" option because it is disabled. As Administrator I get this
option.

Does any know the reason for this?

thanks
Dietmar

Frank Li

Jun 29, 2010, 4:53:02 AM6/29/10
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com
if you use open ssh, load putty key will be disabled.

2010/6/29 Dietmar Müller <oas.p...@gmail.com>:

Dietmar Müller

Jun 29, 2010, 6:54:19 AM6/29/10
to tortoisegit-users
ok i'll check it.

I install msysgit with openssl and TortoiseGit with PLink.

As user admin.. it works and as not admin not.

I'll reinstall all and update

thanks

On 29 Jun., 10:53, Frank Li <lzn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> if you use open ssh, load putty key will be disabled.

Dietmar Müller

Jul 20, 2010, 3:29:26 AM7/20/10
to tortoisegit-users
Hi,

I confirm, when I install TortoiseGit as Administrator (might also as
user 1) and want use Git as non Administrator (as user 2) I don't get
the putty key option. As Administrator (user 1) I get this option. I
can confirm this for win 2000 (and also terminalserver on 2000) and
also on Win 7 when I install TortoiseGit as Administrator!

Does any known a workaround, that I can install TortoiseGit as
Administrator and all other users on this system can use TortoiseGit
with the putty key option?

thanks for any tip

regards Dietmar