DemoCampMontreal

kop...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2007, 6:12:29 PM1/9/07
to TorCamp
A bunch of us were organizing in essence the equivalent of
DemoCampMontreal to be run the day before a conference we run in
Montreal called CUSEC (Canadian University Software Engineering
Conference) on January 16th. We know it is short notice but we have
everything in order including a location for the event, equipment and
advertisement to the 200+ people attending the conference plus we want
to email in the next day or two all the user groups in the Montreal
area.

Does anyone mind if we call our event DemoCampMontreal, that is after
all exactly what we want it to be? We would like to run it every 2-4
months if possible as well.

For more information about CUSEC please visit http://www.cusec.net.

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

Your Friend,

John Kopanas

Bryce Johnson

Jan 9, 2007, 6:52:08 PM1/9/07
to tor...@googlegroups.com, kop...@gmail.com
If it is a democamp then it should be called democamp :-)

I don't speak for everyone (but I will), I'd say go for it.

Look at Krispy's http://DemoCamp.ca and http://barcamp.org/DemoCamp for info.

Bryce

Mark Kuznicki

Jan 10, 2007, 11:49:35 AM1/10/07
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Let the DemoCamp meme spread like spores of nerdy goodness across the land.

David Crow

Jan 10, 2007, 3:26:35 PM1/10/07
to tor...@googlegroups.com, Austin Hill, fre...@gmail.com
Hi John,

You might want to get intouch with the BarCampMontreal folks including
Fred Ngo and Austin Hill. They are doing good things for the
community.

Cheers,
David

John Kopanas

Jan 10, 2007, 3:32:07 PM1/10/07
to tor...@googlegroups.com, Austin Hill, fre...@gmail.com
Thanks David, I had a good conversation with Fred already and we are
going to go ahead with having a DemoCamp next week. Official
information about the event will be going out shortly!

I have not spoke to Austin yet though... hi Austin :-).

Thanks again David!

Your Friend,

John

--